Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS - Religion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS (1383686 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2018

PURITY PRESCRIBED
TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 2:22

"Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart" (2 Timothy 2:22).

Purity, according to biblical language, is to be morally clean, without blemish. Purity was essential in all of the sacrifices meaning the sacrifice had to be physically perfect, without blemish or fault. Anything less than that was unacceptable to the Holy and Perfect God." This is the submission of a woman simply identified as Kate. The doctrine of purity is one doctrine that has been grossly watered down by many. Some opine that it is not possible to live a holy life in spite of the provision made by God through Jesus death to make us holy. A real child of God must regard such erroneous postulations as opinions of men. Listen to Paul in his letter to the Hebrews, "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." Nothing can be clearer than that.

Heart purity is a requirement for us to see God. Desire it, pray for it and God will sanctify you. "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled" (Hebrews 12:14).

Chɑllenge: "Peace with all men and holiness are required to see God."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, Sanctify me now in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Hunger and thirst after righteousness."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Hebrews 13:12-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:37am On Oct 14, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2018

DO NOT STAY DOWN
TEXT: PROVERBS 24:16

"For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief" (Proverbs 24: 16).

Challenges are common to man. But do not fear because of them, for they bear the seed of your desired blessings. Some problems may bring you down as a boxing champion can be brought down by an unexpected blow from the opponent. However, Arise and shine he rises up again, fights gallantly and wins the bout. You may go down but you need not stay down. Hear what Thomas J. Watson said, "Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that's where you will find success.

"Failing a test does not make you a failure. If you work, watch and pray more, the top is yours. Peter, the apostle, fell but he rose up to become a champion. Are you in the valley of sin, thinking that you cannot ascend unto the hills of the Lord again? Arise and shine.

Chɑllenge: "You can rise to the top if you make up your mind today."

Prɑyer: "My God, I am down, help me up in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Arise and shine."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Matthew 11:28-30

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54am On Oct 15, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2018

THE CREATOR PROVIDES
TEXT: PSALM 145:16

"Thou openest thine Hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing" (Psalm 145:16).

We are serving a God who blesses His children as they serve Him diligently. Paul assures us of God's faithfulness thus: "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. "It is a great privilege for anyone to have God as His father since the earth and all that are in it belong to Him. Pondering over the greatness of God, Mahatma Gandhi commented, "When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator." What a challenge! We are to appreciate God's goodness in our lives as we wait patiently for Him to pour out more of His blessings upon our lives.

It is pertinent to state here, beloved, that the blessings of God have conditions. You have to be a covenant child of God for Him to bless you. If you have not taken that noble decision you can do it now. God will turn everything around in your life in Jesus name.

Chɑllenge: "We are serving a God who blesses His children as they serve Him diligently."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to trust you for all my needs."

Quote: "You have to be a covenant child of God for Him to bless you."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Matthew 7:7-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2018

DANGER OF UNBELIEF
TEXT: HEBREWS 11:1-6

"And to whom sware he that they should not enter into His rest, but to them that believed not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief" (Hebrews 3:18-19).

Unbelief is a barrier that must be dealt with if you want to serve the living God. When you manifest unbelief, you belittle the Almighty God. Many have not given their lives to Christ because they doubt the messianic status of the Lord. Many of the children of Israel lost their inheritance because of unbelief. Ellen G. White puts it this way, 'Talk unbelief, and you will have unbelief; but talk faith, and you will have faith. According to the seed sown will be the harvest.

Beloved, it is a serious matter living a life of doubting God. If you sow unbelief the result can be calamitous. On the other hand, faith brings you close to God and His manifold blessings such as: salvation, healing and academic breakthrough. Hear the assurance of the Lord Jesus: "For verify I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith" (Mark 11:23).

Chɑllenge: "When you manifest unbelief you belittle the Mighty God."

Prɑyer: "Lord, deliver me from unbelief, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "If you sow unbelief the result can be calamitous."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Hebrews 11:1-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45am On Oct 17, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2018

GODLINESS WITH CONTENTMENT
TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 6:6-12

"But godliness with contentment is great gain" (1 Timothy 6:6).

"A grateful heart is the beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being." James E. Faust takes a swipe on those who do not have grateful and contented hearts. In the above quote, the secret of peace and happiness is anchored to contentment. As a youth, contentment makes you look away from what your peers have and you do not have yet.

Lack of contentment has pushed some youths into vices like: stealing, occultism, prostitution, and internet fraud. God loves those who are patient while waiting for Him. Friend, cultivate the virtue of contentment and you will be better for it. Those who are hasty to make it in life, "fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition." (1 Timothy 6:9). God knows what you need and will visit you at the appropriate time. Wait for Him and maintain a life of sound holiness and evangelism.

Chɑllenge: "A secret of peace and happiness is contentment."

Prɑyer: "My Father, root out discontentment from my life, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Lack of contentment has pushed some youths into vices."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Timothy 6:6-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
Gathering Of Unstoppable Youths 2018 Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07H2TeHs7Uw
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Oct 18, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2018

BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY
TEXT: PROVERBS 21:23

"Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles" (Proverbs 21:23).

Happiness is a great power of holiness. Thus, kind words, by their power of producing happiness, have also a power of producing holiness, and of bringing men to God, said Frederick William Faber. The words of our mouths can build or destroy. We must learn to watch what we say to be able to live peaceably among the brethren and in the world. Many have landed themselves in prison and hell because of their unguarded statements. As a young Christian, you are the example others are looking up to, so you must show high discipline when you are talking so that the name of the Lord will not be blasphemed among the unbelievers. Remember, "Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men" (2 Corinthians 3:2).

We are in the Last Days, where many youths speak disrespectfully to those in positions of authority both at school and to governments. Make sure you are mindful of what you say. Your speech should be evangelical at all times. A soldier of Christ does not entangle himself with the affairs of this life.

Chɑllenge: "As a Christian youth, you are the example others are looking up to."

Prɑyer: "Make my words, dear God, to be with grace, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Your speech should be evangelical at all times."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: James 2:8-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_WYu6d7SfU
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_WYu6d7SfU

Orchestra Instrumental music from the recently concluded 'Gathering Of Unstoppable Youths' " the new Gbagada church.
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2018

OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MEN
TEXT: ACTS 5:29

"Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men" (Acts 5:29).

Peter and John were on point when they made it clear to their persecutors that, "We ought to obey God rather than men." The boldness of these great men of God has continued as a strong reference point for us believers today. This kind of boldness was exhibited as, "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter." They firmly challenged King Nebuchadnezzar when he wanted to compel them to serve his idol. My friend, what persecutions are you facing that you want to contemplate dropping your Bible and faith in your Saviour, Jesus Christ? Obedience to the word of God is the only thing that can book a place for you in God's kingdom.

According to David A. Bednar, "Obedience opens the door to the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. And the Spiritual gifts and abilities activated by the power of the Holy Ghost enable us to avoid deception - and to see, to feel, to know, to understand, and to remember things as they really are."

Chɑllenge: "Obedience to the word of God assures the saint of God's kingdom."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me grace to obey you at all times."

Quote: "Obedience opens the door to the...Holy Ghost."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Acts 15:17-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:47am On Oct 20, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2018.

TRUE DISCIPLESHIP
TEXT: LUKE 14:25-33

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him" (John 6:66).

"Many think that the price of discipleship is too costly and too burdensome. For some, it involves giving up too much. But the cross is not as heavy as it appears to be. Through obedience, we acquire much greater strength to carry it." James E. Faust vividly shows us what it takes to be a true disciple in the above quote. Oh, many have abandoned the Lord for ephemeral things. The worshippers in our text turned away from the Lord and heaven because they could not bear sound doctrines. This is happening at an alarming rate today as many youths jettison sound doctrines from anointed men of God to run after celebrity preachers who do not have the truth.

In 2 Timothy 4:2-3, the Bible says, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." A true disciple of Christ will not select what to obey in the word of God.

Chɑllenge: "Many think that the price of discipleship is too high."

Prɑyer: "Help me, dear Lord, to pay the price of true discipleship."

Quote: "Many have abandoned the Lord for ephemeral things."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 14:25-33

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2018.

SPEAK AND WRITE WELL
TEXT: PSALM 45:1

"My heart is indicting a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer" (Psalm 45:1).

As an instrument in the hand of God you cannot afford to be a mediocre Christian in this modern world. Learn how to speak and write your country's language well. If you are poor at speaking and writing, you will not be able to do well at school. That can also hinder your effectiveness in ministering the word of God. Jeremy Lin shares his experience on how he learnt Mandarin as follows: "I speak Mandarin and can read and write a little. I took a few classes at Harvard to get better in my reading and writing skills." You may have to go the extra mile to learn how to speak and write effectively by attending special classes. The world is now a global village which requires everyone to learn international languages such as English, French, Spanish, German and Chinese. Who knows if you will become a missionary or your nation's ambassador tomorrow!

Read Christian literatures, newspapers, journals etc. to broaden your creativity and language skills. You can do all things through Christ who will surely help if you are born again and holy.

Chɑllenge: "Read Christian literatures... to improve your creativity and language skills."

Prɑyer: "Lord, empower me to write and speak well."

Quote: "You cannot afford to be a mediocre Christian."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Habakkuk 2:2

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2018.

REMAIN PURE AND USEFUL
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:14-16

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men" (Mathew 5:13).

What makes a Christian different from a mere religious man is the fact that he/she follows the footsteps of Christ - the Saviour with a clear goal to please God in true holiness of life. The Christian should point others to Christ through his/her life. The believer is likened to salt in our text. This means that believers are to sweeten, preserve and be purify the world just like salt. But if a believer fails to keep the salt quality then he is no longer fit to be treasured but to be trampled upon. If you are ready to be the real salt Jesus can do it for you.

Jose Ortega Y Gasset believes that "Abasement, degradation is simply the manner of life of the man who has refused to be what it is his duty to be." What is your duty dear friend? Your duty is to serve God in holiness. Joseph would rather flee from Potiphar's wife than stay to defile himself. This made him useful to God and humanity all through his life. Are you still pure?

Chɑllenge: "The Christian should point others to Christ through his/her life."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to be the salt of this world."

Quote: "The believer is likened to salt."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Matthew 5:14-16

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52am On Oct 23, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2018.

DOING THE WILL OF GOD
TEXT: MATTHEW 7:21-27

"For whosoever shall do the will of My Father which is in heaven, the same is My brother, and sister, and mother" (Matthew 12:50).

From our text we come across our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ with a rather profound and unusual definition of who our relatives really are. Often, we see our relatives from blood link perspectives. Christ makes us realize that those who do His will are our relatives. This shows how God places high premium on doing His will. Jesus, who is God Himself, came to this world to do His Father's will. Friend, if Christ came to do the will of the Father, then we have no choice but to do likewise if we claim to know Him.

The will of God can only be done when you have given your life to Christ. So if you are not sure of your salvation you can give your life to Christ straight away so that you can do His will. According to William Ames, 'The will of God is eternal because He does not begin to will what He did not will before, nor cease to will what He willed before." The will of God is your guide. Do His will at all times.

Chɑllenge: "The will of God can only be done when you have given your life to Christ."

Prɑyer: "Lord, let your will be done in my life in Jesus' name."

Quote: "The will of God is eternal."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Matthew 7:21-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2018.

CONSEQUENCES OF SIN
TEXT: LAMENTATIONS 5:15-16

"The joy of our heart is ceased; our dance is turned into mourning. The crown is fallen from our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!" (Lamentations 5:15-16).

"We see the world being slowly transformed into a wilderness; I hear the approaching thunder that, one day, will destroy us too. I feel the suffering of millions. And yet, when I look up at the sky, I somehow feel that everything will change for the better that this cruelty too shall end, that peace and tranquility will return once more," Anne Frank asserts, looking at the pains in the world. The world lies in great wickedness and sin. Only those who are serving the Lord in truth and spirit will experience the peace and tranquility talked about in the quote above. The Lord abandoned Israel in the hands of enemy nations because of sin. No sinful youth can enjoy peace without genuine repentance.

Respond positively to God's call today to avert the punishment awaiting all sinners: "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" (Isaiah 1:18). God will cleanse you if come to Him.

Chɑllenge: "No sinful youth can enjoy peace without genuine repentance."

Prɑyer: "Lord, deliver me from all sins in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Respond positively to God's call today."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Isaiah 1:16-20

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56am On Oct 25, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2018.

WE KNOW GOD IN PART
TEXT: ACTS 10:34-35

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him" (Acts 10:34-35).

For whatever be the knowledge which we are able to obtain of God, either by perception or reflection, we must of necessity believe that He is by many degrees far better than what we perceive Him to be," declared Origen. The infinite God cannot be subjected to our finite minds. Peter got anew rev elation about the personality of God when he saw how God saved the house of Cornelius, a gentile the same way He saved the Jews. Peter acknowledged that God is not a partial God but saves whoever comes Him.

It is cheering news for all that God saves without discrimination. It means you, reading this piece can be saved. It also means that your friends and family members can be saved if you take the message to them. The salvation that comes from Christ is certainly for everybody. Publicize it everywhere.

Chɑllenge: "The infinite God cannot be subjected to our finite minds."

Prɑyer: "God, help me to appreciate the revelation I have about you."

Quote: "God saves without discrimination."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: John 1:1-12

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45am On Oct 26, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2018.

GOOD OR EVIL IS A CHOICE
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 14:20

"Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men" (1 Corinthians 14:20).

Thomas Brooks states that "The way of holiness that leads to happiness is a narrow way; there is but just room for a holy God and a holy soul to walk together." Our God is a God of virtues and not of vices. God enjoins us to strive to put away childish things as we walk together with Him perfecting holiness. Christian virtues are what we need to take us to heaven. Modern vices that are soul damning must be avoided no matter the number of people involved in them. Modern vices include tattooing, worldly amusements, drinking, sexual immorality and nudity.

On virtue, God's word says, "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity." Apostle Peter reveals to us how we can grow virtues here on earth. For you to possess these virtues you need to pray for sanctification experience after you have given your life to Christ.

Chɑllenge: "Christian virtues are what we need to take us to heaven."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to possess virtues and overcome vices."

Quote: "We can grow in virtues here on earth."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Romans 6:1-7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2018.

CONQUEST OF THE LAST ENEMY
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 15:50-58

"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death" (1 Corinthians 15:26).

Death is inevitable. God does not intend that man should live forever in this evil world. The thought of death provokes fear in the hearts of many. This should not be the case for a saint because death is just a transition to a blissful eternity. A careful look at our text reveals that death will be destroyed because believers will put on immortality at the rapture.

Listen to what Steve Jobs of the Apple fame said before he died, "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important." Beloved, make your way right and the fear of death will flee from you. The reality of death should help us to prepare the more for eternity since it can happen any time. Intensify your evangelism so that you can save friends and family members as quickly as possible.

Chɑllenge: "God does not intend that man should live forever in this evil world."

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, make me ready for eternity at all times."

Quote: "Believers will put on immortality at the rapture."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Corinthians 15:50-58

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM2FbvTd6q8

Orchestra Instrumental music from the recently concluded 'Gathering Of Unstoppable Youths' " the new Gbagada church.
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36am On Oct 28, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2017

SPIRIT-GUIDED SAINTS
TEXT: ACTS 8:29

"Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot" (Acts 8:29).

Charles F. Stanley in his book, Tips for Being Led by the Holy Spirit, encourages us to be certain that the people we choose to guide us know the path ahead better than we do, and to listen when we sense an internal witness encouraging us to take a certain course of action, in order not to head away from our intended destination. The Holy Spirit acts in a similar way. Sometimes, as a result of His prompting, you feel alerted to pay close attention to someone or something, or an urge to move in a particular direction. Perhaps, you are listening to a sermon and God can just make a statement there personal. Or maybe you walk into a restaurant and are filled with dread, as if you should leave quickly.

As a Christian, follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit, who always guides His saints to understand and accept the Father's will. Always listen attentively whenever He speaks to your heart, warning you about danger and encouraging you to submit to God's purposes. Being led by the Spirit, you cannot go wrong.

Challenge: "Wherever He leads I'll go"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to always be led by the Holy Spirit"

Quote: "Being led of the Spirit, you cannot go wrong"

Bible Reading in one Year: Zechariah 4:6; James 3:17

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:25am On Oct 28, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2018

BETTER TO WORK THAN STEAL
TEXT: EPHESIANS 4:28

"Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth" (Ephesians 4:28).

Many young adults call stealing by so many names to reduce the negative effects that go with such an ungodly act. Some call it "smartness," others call it "deal." Whatever euphemism people choose to use for it, sin, including stealing, attracts God's anger. The apostle, Paul, admonishes clearly in our text that you should steal no more. All materials you stole before conversion must be handed over to their rightful owners and thereafter steal no more. This is called restitution. God will bless you if you are not lazy. So, rely on Him for all your needs and avoid covetousness which can lead to stealing. When you steal you sin against God and man. God is the God of all flesh and will not be happy that you steal anybody's property even if the person is a sinner.

You can get what you want by honest work. "Keep your dreams alive. Understand, to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe," Gail Devers admonishes.

Chɑllenge: "When you steal you sin against God and man."

Prɑyer: "God, help me to overcome stealing."

Quote: "Sin, including stealing, attracts God's anger."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 19:7-10

See more here:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54pm On Oct 28, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpEqjJvSaxA

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2018

REJECT DECEPTION
TEXT: EPHESIANS 5:6

"Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience" (Ephesians 5:6).

The English language has 112 words for deception, according to one count, each with a different shade of meaning: collusion, fakery, malingering, self-deception, confabulation, prevarication, exaggeration, denial." Robin Marantz Henig tells of many words that are synonyms of deception in English Language. Whichever way we look at it, deception has to do with being fake or bogus. Believers must shun all forms of errors that can lead to deception and eventual doom in hell. Many eloquent but false preachers are in town, dear friend. Beware of their 'salvation made easy' sermons. Jesus warns His disciples in Matthew 7:15 as follows: "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

False teachers will not come to you with the inscription "False Prophets" on their foreheads. They will disguise like real men of God and deceive you if you are not careful or vigilant. Do not be carried away with miracles but look at the doctrines to see whether they agree with the Bible. Be wise and watchful.

Chɑllenge: "Beware of false prophets, which comes to you in sheep clothing."

Prɑyer: "Guard me, Great Jehovah, against deception."

Quote: "Many eloquent but false preachers are in town."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 2 John 7-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2017

RIGHTEOUS RULERS
TEXT: PROVERBS 29:2

"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn" (Proverbs 29:2).

There have been rulers in history whose deaths were celebrated with wild jubilation among their subjects. The deaths of other rulers produced an outpouring of grief across their domains and, sometimes, across the world. What accounts for the difference? Simply, it is the quality of their reign as perceived by their citizens. We are all remembered by what we have done. Some young politicians launch their career as student activists, vehement critics of the government. Their activism pushes them into political limelight but, alas, they are elected and soon get corrupted by the temptations and pressures of public office. As an empty bag cannot stand upright, so no ruler without the righteousness of Christ in him can rule in the absolute fear of God. Greed, oppression, lying, immorality, arrogance, treachery, and hypocrisy - these are the steps of the ladder upon which many rulers ascend.

Christian youths are commanded to pray "for kings, and for all those in authority" that righteousness might prevail in our land. It is a debt we owe, and one that we must pay.

Challenge: "Prayer changes things, even in nations"

Prayer: "Give us righteous leaders in the land, Lord, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "An empty bag cannot stand upright"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Chronicles 30:1-5, 21-27

See more here:

Righteous Rulers.
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28pm On Oct 29, 2018
Blessing for Ever Choir song

Youth Choir ministration during The Gathering of UNSTOPPABLE ACHIEVERS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hLQtE5pgSg
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2018

THE CHRISTIAN
TEXT: EPHESIANS 4:17

"This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind" (Ephesians 4:17).

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else," C. S. Lewis hints us. Christianity is real and will remain real forever. The apostle warns, "... that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind." What makes you different from the people of the world is the life of Christ you live through the grace God has bestowed on you. If you are still living in sin it means you have not really surrendered your life to Christ and you need to examine yourself and go to God now to obtain your salvation through Christ.

Once you are sure of your salvation in Christ, you are then a Christian and you are expected to manifest the fruit of salvation. You would then live a holy life; thirst for other Christian experiences like sanctification and Holy Ghost Baptism. Evangelism also becomes your second nature. Arise as a Christian to show forth the praises of your God. God bless you!

Chɑllenge: "Henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to live for you, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Arise...to show forth the praises of your God."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Matthew 3:7-12

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20am On Oct 31, 2018
JESUS You Love me too much ooo, Choir Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC0Y6irS11o

Choir ministration from The Gathering of UNSTOPPABLE ACHIEVERS Organised by the Deeper Christian Life ministry Headquarters
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2018.

GOD'S GRACE
TEXT: EPHESIANS 2:8-9

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).

According to John Locke, "The Bible is one of the greatest blessings bestowed by God on the children of men. It has God for its author; salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture for its matter. It is all pure." The Bible remains the greatest gift God has given to humanity. Salvation through the finished work of Christ remains the main thrust of the Christian faith. Even though salvation in Christ is so full and free many people have not been able to possess it because they rely on their own works or merits to get it. Some do this by giving money to beggars regularly. Others give big offerings in the worship centres. All those things cannot save even though they are good.

What saves is grace and faith in God. We must remember that we don't boast about salvation but glorify God for it because it is the gift of God. Connect to heaven and be saved today.

Chɑllenge: "Believe in Jesus and you will be saved."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, grant me your salvation, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "What saves is grace and faith in God."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Romans 10:8-13

See more here:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:53am On Nov 01, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2018.

JESUS IS THE MESSIAH
TEXT: MATTHEW 1:20-25

"The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them" (Matthew 11:5).

God our Heavenly Father knows us by name. Jesus Christ lives; He is the Messiah. He loves us. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real; it brings immortality to all and opens the door to eternal life." Dieter F. Uchtdorfa aptly describes the messianic status of our Saviour Jesus Christ. His virgin birth was prophesied, it is somewhat surprising that John, the Baptist, who has previously declared Jesus to be the Lamb of God or the Messiah, later sent his disciples to Jesus to confirm His messianic status. However, at that time John was in prison and so was confused. Possibly he was expecting the Messiah to free him. No matter what you are going through, be rest assured that Jesus remains the Messiah.

The marks of the Messiah are everywhere: "The blind receive their sight and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them." When you are discouraged go to the Scriptures and the marks of Christ will strengthen you.

Chɑllenge: "Relax your Messiah will see you through."

Prɑyer: "Holy Father, help me remain faithful to the Messiah."

Quote: "His virgin birth was prophesied."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Matthew 1:20-25

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43am On Nov 02, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2018.

THE PROWLING DECEIVERS
TEXT: EPHESIANS 4:14

"That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive" (Ephesians 4:14).

We are in the era of deception as prophesied in the word of God. "but evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." The Bible commands to be children in malice; to be docile, gentle and mild but not in Bible doctrines. We must be mature, knowledgeable and steadfast in the teaching of the word of God. Believers should avoid the childish attitude of being easily influenced by deceivers, and led astray.

Modern preachers call sin mistake to make sin appear less sinful and damn the souls of the innocent ones. Moreover, they teach that grace gives license to sin, twisting Bible doctrines to suit their lustful desires. Don't be fooled. The world will try to add, subtract, and distort the word of God. Hold on to what you know. Christians must be knowledgeable and sound in Bible doctrines, maintain firmness in scriptural principles and practices. "But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them ..." To discern error, be conversant with the truth.

Chɑllenge: "Don't be gullible: avoid deception."

Prɑyer: "Dear God may I not exchange the truth for error in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Hold on to what you know."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Timothy 4:1-7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34am On Nov 03, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2018.

MAKE YOUR MARK
TEXT: ACTS 8:5, 6

"Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did" (Acts 8:5, 6).

In the 1840s, John Geddie left the pastorate of a church in Canada and took his wife and two small children to the South Sea Islands for missionary work. The island chain was filled with cannibals, and more than twenty crew members of a British ship had been killed and eaten just months before the arrival of Geddie.

They faced the difficulty of learning a language that had no written form and the constant threat of being killed. He continued his ministry faithfully and translated the entire Bible into the native language. He planted twenty-five churches. In the pulpit of the church Geddie pastored for so many years stands a plaque in his honour which says: "When he landed in 1848, there were no Christians here, and when he left in 1872 there were no heathen." You too can have a breakthrough. God has promised an open door for us. Do not sit idly watching sinners perish. Reach out to souls in your vicinity with the gospel message and lead the sinners to the Saviour - The Christian's whole duty.

Chɑllenge: "Rescue the perishing."

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me a fruitful soul-winner."

Quote: "Do not sit idly watching sinners perish."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Revelation 3:7-9

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2018.

TRADING WITH OUR TALENTS
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:22

"He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them" (Mathew 25:22).

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God," says a writer. John Bunyan's pen shook the world with his Pilgrim Progress; Martin Luther's thesis put the church back on track; William Wilberforce's voice put an end to the slave trade. God is awesome. You are created with talents. Are you a good writer or a budding artist, a sonorous singer or an astute orator? Are you a creative fashion designer or an upcoming administrator? There are talents within you!

Do not misuse your talents. Discover and explore areas of usefulness for the talents that God gave to you. God deals with us as individuals. Do not compare yourself with any other person. You will be called to answer for all the talents He gave you on the day of reckoning. The talents are not for self-aggrandizement. We may not be talented equally but we must be satisfied with whatever He gave us and be faithful in using them to promote the kingdom and glory of God. There are rewards for the faithful.

Chɑllenge: "Exhume that buried talent and use it for God's glory."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, guide and help me to use all my talents wisely."

Quote: "Do not misuse your talents."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Romans 14:10-12

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.