Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Higher Everyday — Look And Live - Religion (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Look And Live (1385303 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:06am On Mar 20, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY MARCH 20, 2020

Hiding From The Most High?
TEXT: Genesis 3:7-13

"And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden" (Genesis 3:8).

The presence of God brings joy, peace, blessings, confidence and security to everyone. "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Psalm 16:11). However, it was not so with Adam and Eve, after they willingly disobeyed God, they were rather afraid of God's presence and hid themselves.

The reality is that, there is no hiding place from God, the Omniscient. Every secret on earth, even in the thought realm, is an open scandal in heaven. The Bible says, "For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad" (Luke 8:17).

Do you, like Adam and Eve, shift blames for your wrong doings? As for David, he acknowledged his sin; this made him to be a man after God's own heart. If you will acknowledge your sins, and not hide them, but repent and forsake them, you also can be a youth after God's own heart.

Quote: "There is no hiding place from God."

Chɑllenge: "Acknowledgement of and repentance for sin, a necessity."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to have a contrite heart, in Jesus' name, Amen"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17am On Mar 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY MARCH 21, 2020

Trending Traits
TEXT: 2 Timothy 3:2-8

"For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy" (2 Timothy 3:2).

H. A. Ironside exclaimed, "The church of God has gone into the entertainment business! People must be amused, and as the church needs the people's money, the church must, perforce, supply the demand and meet the craving!" This implies that if the people like drama, comedy and self-fulfillment talks rather than biblical sermons, then give it to them.

What a shame! Don't substitute outward connection with the church for inward union with Christ. In other words, if sinners romance with the Church, it does not make them Christians. The love of the world manifests in many sins of character and conduct as seen in our text. Even unbelievers now complain about the hypocrites in the church, people who outwardly profess what they are not inwardly. It is 'Empty Religion.' They have lost hold of the substance and are clinging to the shadow. They're boastful, arrogant, disobedient to parents, ungrateful (to God and others), unholy, malicious and lack self-control. The remedy to this trending evil is experiencing the transforming power of God through faith in Christ and feeding on His word daily.

Quote: "The love of the world manifests in many sins."

Chɑllenge: "Avoid empty religion and its propagators."

Prɑyer: "Lord, separate me from worldly influences"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY MARCH 22, 2020

Remember Retribution
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 8:10-17

"Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil" (Ecclesiastes 8:11).

Just punishment for wrong doing is called retribution. It was Marcus Cicero who said, "Let the punishment be equal with the offence". A murder was committed in New York City on 2nd September, 1990. A family of four from Provo, Utah, had visited the city to attend the US Open tennis matches. They were assaulted by a band of four youngsters, the older of their 2 sons died while trying to rescue their mother who was being kicked in the face by the gangsters. The young gangsters were sentenced to life imprisonment without parole by the judge. That is retribution!

God is loving but He also punishes sin. That's why Paul said, "Be not deceived, God is not mocked. Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap". Often times it seems that the wicked go unpunished while the righteous suffer. That God doesn't punish wrongdoing immediately should not embolden people to keep sinning. Anne of Austria once said to Cardinal Mazarin: "My lord Cardinal, God does not pay at the end of every week; nevertheless, He pays."

Quote: "God is loving but He also punishes sin."

Chɑllenge: "Let the punishment be equal with the offence."

Prɑyer: "Give me the grace Oh God, to escape eternal retribution"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12am On Mar 22, 2020
Church memo

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17am On Mar 23, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY MARCH 23, 2020

Separate Walk For Saints -1
TEXT: Ephesians 4:17-31

"This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind" (Ephesians 4:17).

Dottie Rambo, a renowned gospel singer and writer, started her music career at age 8. She grew up in poverty at a time of great despair. By age 10, with the support of her parents, she was performing country music cover tunes on a local radio programme. Then she gave her life to Christ at age 12, and decided to only write and sing Christian music.

This didn't go down well with her daddy who asked her to give up Christian music or leave his house. She wouldn't let go of her love for Christ and so she chose the later. She left home and hit the road, performing in churches. She wrote over 2,500 gospel songs that have transformed lives, consoling and uplifting through good and trying times. What about you? Have you decided to follow Jesus, not allowing lust, sexual impurity, covetousness, anger, love of the world, malice, blasphemy, filthy language, and lying in your life? Like Dottie Rambo, focus on Christ and His Word, setting your love on things above, not on things on the earth.

Quote: "Set your love on things above."

Chɑllenge: "We must keep sin out else it invades our lives."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, help me to walk long with You in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
Church Memo

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48am On Mar 24, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY MARCH 24, 2020

Separate Walk For Saints - 2
TEXT: John 15:16-20

"If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you" (John 15:19).

Saints walk to please Christ with heaven in view, but sinners walk to please self and men with the world in focus. Their lifestyles are different, their destinations are diametrically opposed to each other.

Hence, William F. Hills warns: "If we find ourselves attached to this worldly system we live among, we are in danger." Yes, in danger of ending up in the sinner's destination - hell.

The worldly engage in unholy entertainments, businesses, relationships and selfish ambitions. The saint avoids such mad pursuits and does only what pleases Christ. The lyrics of this hymn show clearly the saint's passion:

All, all to Jesus, I consecrate a new;
He is my portion forever,
Only His glory hence forth will I pursue;
He is my portion forever.

Take, take the world, with all its gilded toys,
Take, take the world, I covet not its joys,
Mine is a wealth, no moth nor rust destroys;
Jesus my portion forever.

God's children must be separate from sinners to enjoy continued friendship with God.

Quote: "Saints walk to please Christ with heaven in view."

Prɑyer: "I long to walk close with You, Oh my God"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On Mar 24, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY MARCH 25, 2020

Forbearing And Forgiving
TEXT: Colossians 3:1-14

"Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye" (Colossians 3:13).

The highlight of today's study is forgiveness. In relating with people, whether at home or in the larger society, misunderstandings and offences often arise. It is the duty of a Christian to forbear and also forgive as Christ did. The two virtues are not cheap, but you can get them as a gift from the Holy Spirit when you are born again. Dr. David Yonggi Cho stated that, "Forgiveness is so hard because the devil puts forth all his efforts to keep the memory of the pain there, lest we should forgive each other. But there is always great help available from the Holy Spirit, and that help is sufficient for every such need."

To forbear is to be patient with someone who wronged you, dismissing every vengeful feeling that may come up. Forgiveness entails letting go of past offences as though they never happened and treating the offender with love. Remember, love's influence to forgive is greater than hatred's influence for vengeance. Jesus Christ forgave us freely, entirely and forever. He gives power to love, forbear and forgive; receive Him.

Quote: "Jesus Christ forgave us freely, entirely and forever."

Prɑyer: "Ignite the forgiving nature of Christ in me, Oh God!"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2020
Coronavirus Sensitization Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W0uA1_mYUE
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:41am On Mar 26, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY MARCH 26, 2020

Ignorance Destroys
TEXT: Hosea 4:6-11

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children" (Hosea 4:6).

Ignorance means lack of knowledge, information or awareness. At birth, we are ignorant, but we learn about the world as we grow. It's excusable to be ignorant of engineering topics as a nurse, but spiritual ignorance is unsafe. According to Albert Einstein, "Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." Religious matters also form part of intellectual discourse, so our search for God should be continuous.

Absence of knowledge hinders progress; knowledge brings life and light while ignorance brings death and darkness. There is just a step between ignorance and knowledge, take that step by studying, researching, reading and be enlightened. Someone said: "Reading can seriously damage your ignorance."

Study the Bible to get God's knowledge, His commands and promises, this is very vital. People remain ignorant due to laziness, fear, following blind leaders, and preconceived ideas. Satan is happy at your ignorance. If you are trapped in sin you are in darkness. But Jesus can set you free because He came to bring light, set free the captives and give sight to the blind. Receive Him today.

Quote: "Study the Bible to get God's knowledge."

Chɑllenge: "Seek knowledge by reading and defeat your ignorance."

Prɑyer: "O God, open my eyes to see and obey the Truth."

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
THE Deeper Christian Life Ministry
Headquarters, Gbagada, Lagos.

Memo

Overseers & Lagos Group Pastors
Date: 24th March, 2020

Transmission of TRETS Messages during COVID-19 Pandemic.

Grace of God to you and peace from our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Greetings.

The General Superintendent has approved the transmission of Thursday Revival & Evangelism Training Services – TRETS, for the period of this ongoing crisis.

General Superintendent’s message will now be transmitted on Thursdays, for all our location/ home centres to connect during the pandemic period.

Kindly comply with all previous instructions on preventive measures and encourage all the members to keep social distance, as we look up unto the Lord, our Protection.

Thanks and God bless you.

Yours in the Vineyard,

(Signed)
S. M. Afuwape,
Church Secretary.

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On Mar 27, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY MARCH 27, 2020

The Place Of Patterns
TEXT: Proverbs 22:16-28

"Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set" (Proverbs 22:28).

Fences are built along the boundary lines of one's landed property to demarcate it from anyone nearby. This is to prevent others from encroaching upon the land. Even when the fence is broken, a landlord ensures it is erected again..The boundaries recognized by our spiritual forefathers are being removed today by a generation who modernize the biblical standards set by God and handed down to our fathers. Moral decadence is now prevalent even in Churches because God's patterns have been compromised.

Christians of this generation must rise up and recognize the landmarks and uphold them. The set patterns include: salvation and sanctification or purity of heart and life, as well as Holy Ghost baptism. Others are: obedience to God's Word, bearing the fruit of the Spirit, prayer and evangelism.
Removal of landmarks or patterns leads to confusion and crises. In the Christian race, it is disrespect for God. God's purpose for establishing landmarks is to guard against confusion, pain, suffering and self-destruction as happened in the Garden of Eden. You sing, "Give me that old time religion, it is good enough for me." Do you mean it?

Quote: "Give me that old time religion."

Chɑllenge: "Determine to uphold God's patterns."

Prɑyer: "Give me love for Your Word, dear Lord."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Mar 27, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY MARCH 28, 2020

Prayer Of A Big Brother
TEXT: 2 Timothy 1:1-4

"I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day" (2 Timothy 1:3).

Most people, when appointed to an office, may not feel confident and qualified to do the work. There might be a feeling of fear of failure and people's reactions. Apostle Paul is the big brother in our study today praying for a brother, Timothy, whom he had appointed as the Ephesian Church pastor. Apart from the difficult work of caring for a church, Timothy also had some peculiar challenges which Paul had to pray about. These challenges of Timothy include: fear (2 Timothy 1:7), and physical health (1 Timothy 5:23).

Interceding for others is good for everyone has a need. "Praying people in the Bible were intercessors. Abraham pleaded for Sodom and Gomorrah. Samuel prayed all night for Saul, and continually interceded for the nation," wrote Gordon Cove. Pray for the brethren, in the church and family. Your love for them will prompt you to pray, seeking God's action in their lives. Interceding can bring healing, win souls, lift up the fallen, and strengthen the discouraged. Jesus, our Elder Brother, still prays for us. We are God's children, and joint heirs with Christ.

Quote: "Interceding can bring healing."

Chɑllenge: "Pray for the specific needs of a brother/sister."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, to pray for others like Jesus did."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
DCLM_END OF THE MONTH_SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE_GS NATIONAL BROADCAST MESSAGE_MARCH_2020_EDITION

SUNDAY 29TH MARCH, 2020

(NCSWS 29032020)

CONGREGATIONAL SONGS/HYMNS

GHS: 117: (SHOW A LITTLE BIT OF LOVE AND KINDNESS)
GHS: 119: (DO SOMETHING FOR OTHERS)
GHS: 122: (SOMEBODY NEEDS YOUR LOVE)

TAKE NOTE
1. SPECIAL STS: SUPREMACY AND SUFFICIENCY OF THE NAME OF JESUS

NOTE: For Sunday Worship Services, All Locations are to Hook Up By 8:30GMT (9:30AM) For Bible Reading, Choir Ministration and GS Message

2. All Sundays Till further notice will be GS Message transmission from LAGOS HQ.
3. The message starts by 10:00 am
4. Special COVID-19 broadcast by 9:30 am before bible reading.
5. All LTM workers should please take note.

Districts, Locations, House Church, House Fellowship Locations (Of not more than 25 members, Lagos HQ and as stipulated by various States Governments and Countries) should connects where possible through.

1. Life transmission Satellite
2. https://radio.dclm.org/
3. Webcast.dclm.org
4. https://m.youtube.com/user/DCLMHQ/videos
5. dclm Radio android app,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dclm.live
6. Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Deeper-Life-Daily-Manna-and-Higher-Everyday-434651773389386/
7. Twitter
8. Other available channels as provided.

© DCLM LAGOS HQ
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:50am On Mar 29, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY MARCH 29, 2020

Thomas' Kind Of Faith - 1
TEXT: John 20:24-29

"Then saith He to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold My hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into My side: and be not faithless, but believing" (John 20:27).

A community once suffered drought in summer, and the pastor asked his congregation to pray for rain. They were to pray and believe and come back the following Sunday to thank God for the day's expected rain. They did as they were told. However, on returning to the church, the pastor was furious at their lack of faith, because none of them came with an umbrella. Obviously, they wanted to see the rain before they believed in God's ability.

"Faith is not a sense, nor sight, nor reason, but a taking of God at His word," declared Evans. The story of Thomas is recorded, not to ridicule him, but to teach us about our doubts and beliefs. Thomas' doubts were understandable, but not acceptable, because God only blesses the hearing-and-believing-faith and not the seeing-is-believing-faith. Faith sees a reality that God discloses far beyond what our physical eyes can see.

Quote: "Faith is not a sense nor sight nor reason."

Chɑllenge: "Does your faith depend on sight?"

Prɑyer: "Jesus, help me to see You clearly with the eye of faith."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26am On Mar 30, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY MARCH 30, 2020

Thomas' Kind Of Faith - 2
TEXT: John 20:24-29

"The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe" (John 20:25).

A German soldier, new to the channels of World War 1, was given a rifle and told to keep his head down to avoid enemy marksmen waiting on the other side for a target to shoot at. But he didn't believe in enemy marksmen he did not see or hear from.

Unexpectedly, a gorgeous butterfly fluttered into view; he watched it and forgot the unseen enemy and the danger, having eyes only for what he could see - the lovely butterfly. As he slowly got himself out to grip the creature, a marksman's shot found its target. The war was over for him. Like the German soldier and Thomas in the Bible who believed only what they could see, many have lost their lives on earth and gone to hell. Christ expects us to have absolute faith in Him, not doubting the Scripture or seeking signs. Doubting God's Word makes you an unbeliever. We're called as Christians to live by faith, and not by sight; that's what God blesses. Faith-sight, not eye-sight, results in receiving God's promises and eternal life.

Quote: "Faith-sight, not eye-sight."

Chɑllenge: "Bring your doubt to Jesus"

Prɑyer: "Jesus, help me to see You clearly with the eye of faith."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
Church Service

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:23am On Mar 31, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY MARCH 31, 2020

Charity In Christ's Church
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 13:1-8

"And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing" (1 Corinthians 13:3).

In ancient times, zealous religious bigots could burn themselves to prove the principles of their faith. A certain monk in Italy offered himself to be burnt to validate the opinions he professed. But this is biblically baseless, and doesn't fulfil God's expectation: Love towards God and others. True piety has charity as secret ingredient but there can be great acts of generosity and sufferings without love.

Robert D. Lupton once explained an ancient Hebrew wisdom of four levels of charity. The first is providing a job for one in need without his knowledge of the provider. The second is providing something that the needy one knows you provided. The third is giving an anonymous gift to meet an immediate need. The last is giving a poor person gifts with his full knowledge that you are the donor.

To empower other church members, we must possess the virtues of charity, patience, kindness, tolerance, trust, understanding, etc. With love amongst believers, there won't be jealousy, egotism, rudeness, selfishness, strife and gossips. Mix love with spiritual gifts and they become God-pleasing and profitable.

Quote: "True piety has charity as secret ingredient."

Chɑllenge: "Without active love, your faith is of less value"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me love my brethren as You love me."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY APRIL 01, 2020

Pure Conscience Of Paul
TEXT: Acts 23:1-5

"And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day" (Acts 23:1).

A popular adage says, "A clear conscience fears no accusation." Vines defines conscience as, "That process of thought which distinguishes what it considers morally good or bad, commending the good, condemning the bad, and so prompting to do the former, and avoid the later." Conscience is like an alarm system that God planted in everyone since the time of creation as our self-judging faculty. It tells us whether our thoughts and actions are right or wrong by either justifying or condemning us.

If your conscience is dead or impure, then you need to take it to God to be purged. A pure conscience gives us joy, faith and trust in the Lord, making our actions transparent. As God's children, we must learn to listen to that voice inside us in our moral decision making process. If you do evil things and you don't feel bad about it, no repentance, then, your conscience is dead. But if your conscience pricks you when you do something bad or attempt it, then your conscience is alive or good like Paul's. Good conscience comes through Christ.

Quote: "Good conscience comes through Christ."

Chɑllenge: "A clear conscience fears no accusation"

Prɑyer: "Cleanse my conscience and make me sensitive to it O Lord."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39am On Apr 01, 2020
Touch Through Me: DLBC Youth Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hcBaLMmrnM
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY APRIL 02, 2020

Ideal Kind Of Identification
TEXT: Matthew 7:18-28

"Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the Will of My Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21).

To identify with someone means that you are in agreement with the person in certain important things. A dictionary clearly states that identification is, "a powerful feeling of affinity with another person or group, which sometimes involves regarding somebody as a model and adopting his or her beliefs, values or other characteristics."

Over the years, we have seen people identifying with philosophers, politicians, musicians and civil right leaders for various reasons. The world has made some progress through this identification. Jesus Christ, however, stands out as the greatest Role Model and with whom humanity must have the ideal kind of identification.

Many professing believers are maintaining a lifestyle that doesn't befit the Christian profession. A believer is one who longs to know, hear and do the Words of God without question. His/her life is shaped by the teachings of Christ Jesus. Only such can Jesus be identified with on the last day. Morality and self-righteousness will not qualify us for heaven. Calling Christ, Lord, Lord, is not enough. Let the sinner repent and fully identify with Christ today.

Quote: "Repent and fully identify with Christ today."

Chɑllenge: "Can Jesus identify with you on the last day?"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, help me to agree with You and do Your will always."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
Special Announcement:

Easter Retreat postponed till further notice
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:30am On Apr 02, 2020
Pastor WF Kumuyi will from today, Thursday, 2nd April be ministering three times a week on the Network Service of Radio Nigeria.

Schedule of broadcast is as follows:

Sunday 10.00am
Monday 7:30pm
Thursday 7,30pm

In addition to Church's social media outlets, you can also join via radionigeria.gov.ng
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
Find the radio station of your State

Abia Umuahia 103.5 MHz Pacesetter
Abuja Radio House 92. 9 MHz Kapital FM
Adamawa Yola 101.5 MHz Light House FM
Akwa-Ibom Uyo 104.5 MHz Atlantic FM Not on air yet
Anambra Awka 102.5 MHz Purity FM
Bauchi Bauchi 98. 5 MHz Globe FM
Bayelsa Yenagoa 101. 5 MHz Creek FM Not on air yet
Benue Markudi 91.1 MHz Harvest FM
Borno Maiduguri 102.5 MHz Peace FM
Cross River Calabar 99. 5 MHz Paradise FM
Delta Asaba 104.4 MHz Charity FM Not on air yet
Ebonyi Abakaliki 101.5 MHz Unity FM
Edo Benin City 101.5 MHz Bronze FM
Ekiti Ado-Ekiti 100.5 MHz Progress FM
Enugu Enugu 92. 8 MHz Coal City FM
Gombe Gombe 103.5 MHz Jewel FM
Imo Owerri 100.5 MHz Heartland FM
Jigawa Dutse 100.5 MHz Horizon FM Not on air yet
Kaduna Kaduna 96.1 MHz Supreme FM
Kano Kano 103.5 MHz Pyramid FM
Katsina Katsina 104.5 MHz Companion FM
Kebbi Birnin-Kebbi 103.5 MHz Equity FM Not on air yet
Kogi Lokoja 98. 1 MHz Prime FM
Kwara Ilorin 103.5 MHz Harmony FM
Lagos Ikoyi 97. 6 MHz Metro FM
Lagos Ikoyi 92. 9 MHz Bond FM
Lagos Ikoyi 103.5 MHz Choice FM
Nassarawa Lafia 102.5 MHz Solid FM
Niger Bida 100.5 MHz Power FM
Osun Ilesha 95. 5 MHz Gold FM
Oyo Ibadan 93. 5 MHz Premier FM
Ondo Akure 102.5 MHz Positive FM
Ogun Abeokuta 94.5 MHz Paramount FM
Plateau Jos 101.5 MHz Highland FM
Rivers PH 98.5 MHz Treasure FM
Sokoto Sokoto 101.5 MHz Royal FM Not on air yet
Taraba Jalingo 104.5 MHz Gift FM Not on air yet
Yobe Dam. 104.5 MHz Sunshine FM Not on air yet
Zamfara Gusau 102 .5 MHz Pride FM

Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY APRIL 03, 2020

Pray And Prosper
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 26:3-7

"And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper" (2 Chronicles 26:5).

What we do for the Lord is entirely dependent upon what we receive from the Lord, and what we receive from the Lord is entirely dependent upon what we are in the Lord, and what we are in the Lord is entirely dependent upon the time we spend alone with the Lord in prayer.

The key to real success in life is staying in tune with God and His will for our lives through prayer. Then will He bless all we do and make us prosperous like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph and King Uzziah, as seen in our text today. God prospered him when he sought God. When we become proud and arrogant, His hand of blessing ceases in our lives as was also the case of Uzziah.

Seeking God is more than just praying; it entails knowing God's will and obeying it. Through prayer, hearing God's Word and guidance by men of God like Zechariah, we know God's will. It helps us to depart from sin and sinful associations. Knowing Christ is the gateway to seeking God.

Quote: "Seeking God is more than just praying."

Chɑllenge: "Turn to God if you want real prosperity"

Prɑyer: "Take authority over my life and prosper me, O God."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09am On Apr 04, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY APRIL 04, 2020

Doing Good Deeds
TEXT: Galatians 6:1-10

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith" (Galatians 6:10).

For his rule of life, John Wesley said:

Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.

Jesus encourages us to be a blessing to those in need, providing assistance when and where necessary with our resources in form of talents, food, health needs, clothing, financial support for orphans, evangelists, missionaries, single parents, the homeless and destitute in our communities.

Believers are to take advantage of every opportunity to do good to everyone, especially those of the household of faith. Good works have the potential of drawing sinners to Christ, restoring backsliders and strengthening the discouraged. Remember, goodwill to others is goodwill to Christ.

Quote: "Goodwill to others is goodwill to Christ."

Chɑllenge: "How willing and ready are you to help those in need?"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, give me a heart of gold to be good to all."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32am On Apr 04, 2020
Jesus You Love Me Too Much: Concert Masters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb4re5y7sTc
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY APRIL 5, 2020

For Increase: Plan, Then Build
TEXT: Proverbs 24:24-27

"Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house" (Proverbs 24:27).

Have you ever heard of seed time and harvest? Seed time is sowing time and harvest is reaping time. A farmer expects a good harvest after a good planting season. The harvest increase or profit helps to care for his family and renovate his house or build one. If he spends the resources he would have invested in his business in buying a car, building a house or planning a marriage, he would have put the cart before the horse; there would be problems. Wise Solomon, who wrote our Bible text of today, prepared and gathered materials from far and near before building God's temple.

As a student, receive adequate career guidance from your school counsellor before making a career choice. Next, study diligently for examination success. This is planning and working. Adequate preparation prevents poor results both in academics and vocation. Isaac, for example, did not only serve God but also worked hard, and God blessed him. "And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great" (Genesis 26:13). Also, plan and build for eternity with Christ.

Quote: "Adequate preparation prevents poor results."

Chɑllenge: "Plan your day with God before going out."

Prɑyer: "Father, I receive Your grace for supernatural increase."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY APRIL 06, 2020

For Increase: Pray And Plant
TEXT: John 12:23-26

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit" (John 12:24).

When asked what the secret of his powerful preaching was, James Duncan said, "The secret is thirteen hours of consecutive prayer." How about Charles G. Finney? After spending a day in the woods in prayer and fasting, he preached that night in a phenomenally irreligious congregation. The sermon was accompanied by such divine power that the whole congregation, except one man, fell under the anointing. That man was Finney himself.

Numerous great achievements have been accomplished through Prayer. God requires us to plant a Seed, but first, you must seek Him on bended knees; the planting is an act of faith. Labour on that plot of land which God has given to you. That plot may be school work, learning a vocational skill or doing a paid job. Work hard at it and pray as well.

Beloved of God, we must die to self, die to the world and labour, praying fervently for the Lord of the harvest to give the increase in our endeavours. Remember, Paul and Apollos planted and watered respectively but God gave the increase.

Quote: "First, you must seek Him on bended knees."

Chɑllenge: "Plant a seed that God can use to grow wonders."

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, turn my human efforts into huge success."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Look And Live by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:13am On Apr 06, 2020
Don't miss it
Stay safe and listen to the word of God

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.