Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers - Religion (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers (1406511 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JANUARY 09, 2022

BEFORE ACTING CONSIDER OTHERS
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 8:4-13

"Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend" (1 CORINTHIANS 8:13).

A driver who is experienced, but always claims he is right all the time, without taking into consideration that there are amateur drivers on the highway to bear with, would soon cause an avoidable fatal accident because of his rigidity.

Christianity calls for forfeiture of our rights at times so that we can carry everybody along in the house of God. Hence, it is better to deny yourself of personal pleasure than to cause others to sin.

'Action speaks louder than words,' so says the adage. It simply means our ways of life can easily affect others positively or negatively because they are like a mirror before them.

Christian liberty must be tailored towards God's overall objective, which is to portray true godliness in Christ Jesus. In our Christian walk, we must not mislead others.

Apostle Paul enjoined the church under his leadership to follow him, even as he was a follower of Christ. Let this be our watchword, so that we can be channels of blessings to others, and not barriers.

Quote: "Action speaks louder than words"

Chɑllenge: "Be a channel of blessing to others"

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me to live for Your glory from day to day."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2022
Impact 2022 || Day 5 Evening || Jan 09, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYxH6lW2qIY
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
10/01/2022
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JANUARY 11, 2022

CARRY YOUR CROSS
TEXT: MARK 8:34-38

"And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me" (MARK 8:34).

Cross carrying is a major aspect of the Christian life that we can never do without if we wish to make heaven. In fact, take away the cross from Christianity and what you have left is mere religion and a social gathering of people without any spiritual aspiration. Cross bearing separates genuine Christians from hypocrites. To carry your cross means to bear the reproaches that come with your faith in Christ for upholding the gospel truth. Salvation attracts God's goodness, favour, joy and abundant blessings, but also attracts persecutions from the world because it hates righteousness.

A Christian youth who desires to make it to heaven at last must determine to face life's challenges without compromising his or her faith. These challenges include suffering for Christ through persecution, hardship, ridicule from friends, denial of rights, etc. The joyful part of it is that there are unfailing precious promises of victory for the persecuted here, and a crown of righteousness in eternity for standing for Christ in all situations. Stand for Christ, no matter the challenging situation.

Quote: "Stand for Christ"

Chɑllenge: "Ask for grace to carry the cross"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me the grace to carry my cross."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 12, 2022

A GOOD NAME
TEXT: PROVERBS 22:1-7

"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold" (PROVERBS 22:1).

Today's study is about good will, credit and reputation. King Solomon opined that godly values are better than riches and encouraged everyone to love virtue and flee folly. Words of men with good character will go farther than silver and gold (riches), but riches gotten through ungodly means has no eternal value and reward.

From Matthew 19:16-22, we could observe that the rich young ruler wanted eternal life but failed to align with Christ's eternal plan for his salvation. The poor in the Spirit are those who recognise that they cannot pay for their salvation and plead for God's mercy to be saved. However, those who are rich physically but fail to realise that they are poor spiritually will miss heaven.

The foundation of good riches is anchored on repentance from sin and faith in the atoning blood of Jesus and holiness. However, believers are also meant to be the head and not the tail. Hence, they need to be prudent and hardworking to put an end to the reign of poverty in their lives.

Quote: "Godly values are better than riches"

Chɑllenge: "Seek God's Kingdom first"

Prɑyer: "O God, help me to possess heavenly riches."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2022
Excerpts from the Plenary Session @IMPACT2022 � DAY 5 (FIVE)
*Speaker: Pastor Mrs Ibukun Awosika*
*TOPIC: LEADERSHIP AND GODLINESS*
�If you really want to make a difference, it is not going to be about your skills or efforts but by the power of God.
� When you know God there is no limitation for you.
� As a leader, you should be a man that fears the Lord.
�Assignment is not about how big or small it is but what you have been called to do.
�Leadership has been bastardised by being tied to position and Leadership.
�Leadership is the attributes of the life that you manifest. You are an ambassador of Christ and no matter where you find yourself the most important thing is not loosing you identity in Christ and the assignment you have been given.
�Watch your character, attitude and integrity and let people see God in you.
�Leadership is about the truth and influence we have on people.
�As you grow in your pursuits in life you need to know that the environment will always try to discourage you but you must make a personal decision to choose to live your life according to the word of God. God owes no man.
�It is not about the journey or position but how you finish.
�Your entire life is a service unto God.
�A leader should show example which is the best way to lead.
*Awosika: "I am a Christian who is assigned to business"*
�Leadership in God's dictionary is Service. It doesn't make how long your live or achievements but how you transfer the way you live your earthly life for an heavenly account.
�A Godlike leader can sit in leadership in humility.
�People will judge you by your fruits at the end of your leadership.
�As a leader you should leave trails of love, righteousness, and encouragement. *Isaiah 11: 2*
�Leadership had nothing to do with age. Greatness is not limited to age. Let no man despise your youth.
�You have a litmus test for every step you need to take. If you want to be successful you have to be a man in the Word and a man of counsel. Build around you men and women who fear God and share same values. In time and weakness they will lift you up. Your circle of friends is very important.
�You must be informed.
�All solutions to problems and challenges in all spheres of life are embedded in the Word (Bible)
�You cannot separate your journey as a leader from your journey with Christ.
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2022
Total Freedom Through Faith In Christ

Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:14am On Jan 13, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JANUARY 13, 2022

DEAD GODS AND THE LIVING GOD
TEXT: ACTS 14:8-17

"And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein" (ACTS 14:15).

A notable miracle took place at Lystra where a man who was born a cripple was healed as he heard the gospel preached by Paul. The gospel is truly the power of God to give access to salvation, deliverance and healing.

Idols or dead gods should not be compared with the Living God. The people of Lystra being worshippers of idols, were surprised to see what God did through Paul, and mistook a divine miracle for an act of their dead gods. In their gross error, they saw Barnabas and Paul as representatives of Jupiter and Mercurius respectively.

There are many youths who still behave like the people in our text. They put their trust in gods and magical powers. Some youths run after occult people in the name of getting power to pass examinations or get quick wealth. By so doing, many have been lured into errors and snares of Satan who is holding them in captivity.

Those who place other things like academic success and talents above the Living God are idol worshippers too. Idol worshippers should repent now to be saved.

Quote: "Idol worshippers should repent"

Chɑllenge: "Turn from vanities unto the Living God"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, to turn to You."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Jan 14, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JANUARY 14, 2022

CHRIST'S COMPENSATION
TEXT: MARK 10:27-31

"But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life" (MARK 10:30).

Many youths today are largely aloof of Christ's call to service in His kingdom. Like Peter, they want to know their immediate benefits and gratifications, and as such, fail to know that God does not call anyone to serve Him in vain. He has adequate compensation plans for all who answer the call to salvation and service. Christ's compensation plan is greatly sufficient for this life and in eternity. He owes no man! He pays those who labour for Him in evangelizing the world and leading souls to the kingdom of God.

As you decide to seek the Lord today and for the rest of your life, you will soon discover He is the rewarder of them who diligently seek Him. Therefore, commit your time, talents, skills and treasure to a life-long service to God and humanity. There is no sacrifice too much to make for Christ and His kingdom.

Remember the Lord in your youth and be fervent for Him. From now on, ensure you are born again and become a worker for God in the school fellowship thereafter.

Quote: "Be fervent for Him"

Chɑllenge: "Following Christ is gain"

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, help me to serve You with all I have."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30am On Jan 16, 2022
Receiving Heavenly Help By Offering Earthly Help || Covenant Worship Service || January 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnTVxVMtP7s
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23am On Jan 17, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JANUARY 15, 2022

THE DESTINY OF DECEIVERS
TEXT: PSALM 101:1-8

"He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight" (PSALM 101:7).

The danger of being associates of deceivers is that deceivers do not bear the consequences of their deeds alone; the deceived share in their pains and judgments. Such was the case of the Israelites when they fell for Absalom's deception.

Our text clearly states God's displeasure against deceivers. The implication of their actions, among others, is expulsion from God's presence and care. Many youths are being deceived by false prophets and teachers who teach false doctrine of eternal security without holiness. Such deceivers can draw much crowd to themselves, yet they are abominable before God.

Christian youths should increase their voices of holiness through their impeccable lives. An American poet, Criss Jami, admonishes that, "One who speaks a mere portion of truth to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."

Therefore, you should avoid being deceived because that will damn your soul. You must also withdraw your allegiance and support of any kind from preachers of errors who are in our schools and neighbourhood to deceive people. Come out of deceit today.

Quote: "The deceived share in their pains"

Chɑllenge: "Stay away from deceivers"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me the courage to stand for the truth."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47am On Jan 17, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JANUARY 16, 2022

FALLEN? DO NOT STAY DOWN
TEXT: MARK 14:66-72

"For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief" (PROVERBS 24:16).

Life is a struggle. It throws curveballs at you, humbles you and attempts to break you down. Many fail at this point. Few bounce back on their feet and stand strong, while others remain fallen. Apostle Peter was confronted with such a situation in his life time - he betrayed our Lord Jesus Christ as foretold and fell. Did he stay down? No!

Many students are faced with academic and spiritual situations that tests their stand and faith. Some do rise above these problems and become conquerors; others fail to rise above sins and Satan's strategies, and remain down. Peter fell, but he did not stay down. He realised his mistake, repented and rose to continue with his Christian journey and made remarkable progress and exploits thereafter.

If you have fallen or backslidden, bounce back like Peter, and the Lord will receive you in Jesus' name. Sin brings downfall, but repentance brings divine forgiveness and uplift. It is hard to beat a person that never gives up. Put your trust in the Lord, rely completely on His promises, and abide continually in Him.

Quote: "He did not stay down"

Chɑllenge: "Stay strong in the Lord"

Prɑyer: "Lord, hold my hands lest I fall."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JANUARY 17, 2022

FLEE IDOLATRY
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 10:6-14

"Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry" (1 CORINTHIANS 10:14).

Idolatry is the practice of worshipping an object, image, animal, personality or deity. Idolatry implies denial or rejection of the Lordship, Supremacy and Sovereignty of the Almighty God. Apostle Paul in our text warns the Corinthian Christians to flee (run from) idolatry.
Idolatry does not always mean to erect or bow down to an image, but also means worshipping or placing value on anything or anyone above God. Idolatry could be in the form of hero worshipping (in the world of music, sports, entertainment, politics or technology); the love of money or fashion; placing one's parents, wealthy persons or a spiritual figure above God.

God will never share His glory with anyone nor give His praise to graven images because He is a jealous God (Isaiah 42:8). God must be first in your life and endeavours. This is only possible when you are saved by grace through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus on the cross of Calvary. There should be supreme love for God and His glory in your heart. Hence, you need to pray for the sanctification experience.

Quote: "God will never share His glory with anyone"

Chɑllenge: "Give God His supreme place in your life"

Prɑyer: "Lord, dethrone anyone or anything taking Your place in my life."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JANUARY 18, 2022

FUNDAMENTALS OF FRIENDSHIP
TEXT: JOHN 15:8-15

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (JOHN 15:13).

A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are. He listens to, encourages, counsels and cheers you up. He strengthens you when you are weak; and bears with your shortcomings. He is interested in your progress in life and makes necessary sacrifice to help you achieve it.

Just like Jonathan said to David, "Whatsoever thy soul desireth, I will even do it for thee" (1 Samuel 20:4). This is the mark of true friendship. A friend should be a great companion.

Obviously, we all need true friends. However, here on earth among men, it is difficult to find a perfect friend who can love and bear with you at all times; only Jesus can.

In our text, He spoke about the love that He has for us, as His disciples. He sacrificed His life on the cross at Calvary. He accepts us as His friends if we obey Him at all times. Make Him your friend today through obedience to His word in order to secure your eternal destiny.

Quote: "A friend should be a great companion"

Chɑllenge: "Make Jesus your friend today"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, accept me as your friend today. Amen."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32am On Jan 19, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 19, 2022

DESIRE TO GROW
TEXT: 1 PETER 2:1-5

"As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby" (1 PETER 2:2).

According to John Henry Newman, "Growth is the only evidence of life." The first verse of our text gives us an insight into what makes those who profess faith in Christ not to grow. To grow, we must lay aside malice, hypocrisy, evil speaking and other sinful habits which act as growth inhibitors. The permanence, capacity and potency of the word of God in achieving commendable earthly pursuits and eternal wellbeing make it absolutely necessary for every youth to show intense and lively interest in the Bible. Job, an Old Testament saint of God, maintained his integrity and overcame temptations under intense sufferings because he esteemed the word of God more than his necessary food (Job 23:12).

The psalmist meditated on God's word and became wiser than his teachers (Psalm 119:99). God counselled Joshua, the leader of His people, after the death of Moses, to meditate and act on His Word to have good success and to become prosperous (Joshua 1:8). Just as we need milk to grow physically, we need the truth of God's word to keep growing spiritually, socially, emotionally and intellectually.

Quote: "We need the truth of God's word"

Chɑllenge: "No Bible, no breakfast. No Scripture, no sleep"

Prɑyer: "O God, help me to grow as I study and meditate on Your word."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JANUARY 20, 2022

GIVE THANKS TO GOD
TEXT: PSALM 118:1-9

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good: because His mercy endureth for ever" (PSALM 118:1).

In a tale, Androcles, a slave who escaped from his captors, found himself in a bush with a lion in severe pains due to a large thorn that stuck to its paws. Androcles helped the lion to remove the thorn from its paws.

Later, when both of them were captured, and Androcles was sentenced to be "thrown to the lion," it licked Androcles' hand in appreciation of the man who saved it from death, instead of pouncing on him. Unlike this lion who was able to reflect and thank the slave for saving it earlier, not many youths are thankful to God for the gift of life, divine salvation, protection and provision.

God gave His only begotten Son to save mankind from eternal damnation. Jesus paid the ultimate price for us, and the only thing we can give in return is thanks.

No matter our challenges, every day of our lives presents renewed opportunity for us to express our gratitude to God. Make praising God a habit!

Quote: "Make praising God a habit!"

Chɑllenge: "Appreciate God for who He is"

Prɑyer: "Lord, teach me how to be thankful to You."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11am On Jan 23, 2022
Covenant Worship Service || January 23, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjjpqBsQdKY
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:19am On Jan 24, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JANUARY 21, 2022

GIVING TO GAIN
TEXT: PROVERBS 11:23-27

"There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty" (PROVERBS 11:24).

Giving seems to be a struggle with majority of young people. We must seek to understand what God says about giving; and why it is so important to give.

Do you know the reason why some people around you are favoured, and perhaps you are not? It could be because they are givers. Giving attracts wealth to the giver.

Sow the seed first, then God will multiply it and give it back to you. There will be no harvest if you do not sow or when you eat the seed. Anytime you have an emerging need, start giving; as giving attracts wealth to the giver.

Giving goes beyond giving of money. You can give your time, materials, talent, faith-boosting words to the service of humanity and the kingdom of God. The more you give, the more you gain!

However, giving without being born again is futile as God does not reward a sinner's gift as in the case of King Saul (1 Samuel 15:20-22). Accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour so that your giving to humanity and the kingdom can be accepted by God.

Quote: "Giving goes beyond giving of money."

Chɑllenge: "Do not eat the seed, sow it"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to give cheerfully, generously and worthily!"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JANUARY 22, 2022

GOD'S CHASTISEMENT
TEXT: HEBREWS 12:5-12

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth" (HEBREWS 12:6).

Adults do remember how their parents chastised them when they were growing up in order to prevent them from going the wrong way in life. Often, this chastisement would not be appreciated by growing children. Parents who chastise their children do not hate them, but they do so to help them to be focused on what is important in life.

This is exactly the way God relates with you as His child. He knows the best for you and hence allows you to face some challenges in life in order to develop your stamina for greater challenges ahead. The concept was summarized by an author in this statement, "What God would have prevented in His power, He allowed in His wisdom."

Since God's plan for you is always good and not evil (Jeremiah 29:11), you should trust Him because He knows the best awaiting you even though you are going through some challenges at the moment. However, you must be sure that the challenges you are facing are not as a result of sins. Hence, self-examination and repentance may be necessary in some instances of chastisement.

Quote: "He knows the best awaiting you."

Chɑllenge: "Endure the chastening of the Lord"

Prɑyer: "Help me to endure Your chastening"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
The Possibilities Of Unwavering Faith In Christ || Bible Study Service || January 24, 2022
Mark 9:9-29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awFLzZ2vHl0
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:46am On Jan 25, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JANUARY 23, 2022

GOING WITH THE GOSPEL
TEXT: MARK 16:14-20

"And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen" (MARK 16:20).

As Christ charged His then disciples when He appeared unto them as observed in our text, His mandate to every saved youth today is for him or her to go with the glad tidings of the gospel into all the world. The task of soul winning must continue till Christ returns.

You can share the gospel in your school with your seatmate during break time; or give tracks to your school mates and invite them to fellowship programmes.

Ignatius of Loyola said, "Teach us to serve Thee as Thou deserves, to give and not count the cost, to fight and not heed the wounds. To toil and not seek for rest. To labour and not ask for any reward save that of knowing that we do thy will."

However, if you are not born again, your preaching will be a stumbling block to unbelievers and abomination in the sight of God. It is pertinent therefore that you ensure you are a real child of God before preaching. Repent of your negligence if you are saved; and reach out with a sense of urgency.

Quote: "Repent of your negligence."

Chɑllenge: "Do not be silent; preach!"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me fresh passion for souls"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07am On Jan 25, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JANUARY 24, 2022

HAVING FRUIT UNTO HOLINESS
TEXT: ROMANS 6:20-23

"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life" (ROMANS 6:22).

Bearing fruit is a phrase used to describe the outward actions that result from the inward condition of a person's heart. As Christian youths who have been made free from sin, we need to bear fruit in keeping with our relationship with God. We seek to do things outwardly that demonstrate that we have been made new in Christ.

By trusting in Christ for our salvation, we enter into a relationship with God, becoming His servants and children. After salvation, there is need to press forward to be sanctified, to be made holy and be like Christ - our Master. By this experience, our identity is so closely connected to Christ that we are changed to people who are bound to do what is right, having possessed Christ's nature which is holiness.

Bearing fruit in the Christian life is not about doing works or attempting righteousness in our own strength. Rather, it is about spiritually growing in our walk with Christ, allowing the Holy Spirit to daily transform us, and actively obeying God in all He calls us to do.

Quote: "We need to bear fruit."

Chɑllenge: "Become a fruit-bearing Christian youth!"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, help me to be a possessor of Your nature"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:53am On Jan 25, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JANUARY 25, 2022

HEALTH: THE BEST OF ALL WEALTH
TEXT: JEREMIAH 8:20-22

"Is there no balm in Gilead; Is there no physician there? Why then is not the health of the daughter of My people recovered?" (JEREMIAH 8:22).

The popular saying that "Health is wealth" is as true as the existence of living things. Nowadays, many people in the world run the rat race for wealth acquisition to the detriment of their health.

Mahatma Ghandhi, the great civil right leader, opined that, "It is health which is real wealth, and not pieces of gold and silver." According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 12.6 million people died as a result of living or working in an unhealthy environment in 2012, approximately 25 percent of the world total deaths.

It is disheartening to realize that many of these deaths could have been avoided if personal and environmental health practices were upheld. A hygienic youth will definitely enjoy sound physical, mental and social wellbeing to actualise his or her ambition in life.

You need to eat balanced diet, observe personal hygiene, cultivate proper sleep/rest habits, accommodate good thoughts, do regular physical exercises, and regular health check-ups.

It is important that you maintain good spiritual health by having a pure heart. You can only possess this after possessing salvation through Christ.

Quote: "Observe personal hygiene."

Chɑllenge: "God wants us to remain healthy!"

Prɑyer: "Lord! Help me to be committed to healthy living"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Jan 26, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 26, 2022

HELP FOR A DESTRUCTIVE HABIT
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 5:21-24

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 THESSALONIANS 5:23).

"No matter what has happened to you in the past or what is going on in your life right now, it has no power to keep you from having an amazingly good future if you will walk by faith in God," says Joyce Meyer.

A destructive habit as portrayed by this line of thought in our quote, could refer to a youth who is knocked down by the power of sin like fornication, masturbation, and internet fraud.

Could there be any hope for this youth? Yes, of course, if the youth recognises that his or her sinfulness could destroy him or her, and turns a new leaf by accepting the sacrifice of Christ and yielding his or her body as an instrument of righteousness.

The individual needs to press towards sanctification by asking God in prayer for total removal of the root of sin. He or she needs to pray fervently to God to destroy any form of association with the destructive habit.

Do you engage in a destructive habit? Get rid of it today through prayer of faith and determination to remain faithful to God.

Quote: "Do you engage in a destructive habit?"

Chɑllenge: "Only God can destroy destructive habits."

Prɑyer: "Dear Holy Spirit, help me to conquer destructive habits"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On Jan 27, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JANUARY 27, 2022

HER FAITH-TOUCH WORKED
TEXT: MARK 5:25-34

"And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague" (MARK 5:34).

The dynamic faith of the woman with the issue of blood in our passage is a classic example of what an unwavering faith in God's ability can accomplish in the life of a sincere, desperate seeker. For twelve long years, she sought for solution to her plight to no avail, she eventually came, touched the Saviour and received instantaneous healing.

The conception of the miracle is based on: "If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole." The word "touched" refers to a determined hold, not just a passing brush. She met with the Miracle-Worker, "and touched his garment."

We can see the result of her touch of faith: "straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed." Immediately, the sickness was cured, putting an end to a challenge of many years.

The Saviour confirmed her healing and blessed her: "Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole". Your faith-touch will work for you too and bring an end to all problems in Jesus name!

Quote: "Your faith-touch will work"

Chɑllenge: "Touch Him today."

Prɑyer: "Lord, as I touch You, let me be made whole"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2022
Unprecedented Miracles with Great Joy through Faith || Total Freedom Crusade || Jan. 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwQiwQVLek
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JANUARY 28, 2022

HIS PROMISE TO HELP
TEXT: ISAIAH 41:10-14

"For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee" (ISAIAH 41:13).

King David, the Psalmist knew what it means for God to help an individual. At a tender age, he was anointed king over Israel by Samuel the prophet. King Saul sought to kill him, Absalom his son drove him from the throne. Yet in all these challenges, the help of the Lord continued to follow him. No wonder he wrote, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1).

God has promised to help His children. As a Christian youth, you could face challenges such as academic challenges, delay in getting admission, inability to pay school fees, temptations and persecutions; but the Lord will help you to overcome them and will provide grace and victory over all temptations if you remain steadfast and committed to His will.
A song writer wrote,

"I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus! I cannot bear my burdens alone; I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus! Jesus can help me, Jesus alone."

Challenges should make us draw closer to God for help, instead of resorting to murmuring or complaining.

Quote: "The Lord will help you"

Chɑllenge: "Take your burden to the Lord."

Prɑyer: "God, help me to find help in time of need"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
Day 2 || Total Freedom Crusade || Jan. 28, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz-cVkB7ESQ
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12am On Jan 29, 2022
Professionals' Conference || Total Freedom Crusade || Jan. 29, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2paVDs7zXc
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2022
Day 3
All Things Possible By Faith In The Saviour || Total Freedom Crusade || Jan. 29, 2022
Matthew 19:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwQiwQVLek
Re: Higher Everyday — Pray Fervently For Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10am On Jan 30, 2022
Worship Service || Total Freedom Crusade || Jan. 30, 2022
Living In The Fulness Of Christ By Faith
Galatians 2:20; Colossians 2:9-10;3:1-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0FR-9350Jk

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (113) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.