Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,977 members, 7,828,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 - Religion (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 (1400998 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2022

NO LACK, NO LIMITATION
TEXT: LUKE 5:1-7

"And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net" (LUKE 5:5).

Have you ever felt the urge of the Spirit to read a particular topic just before an exam, and you reluctantly obeyed; and on getting to the exam hall, you saw questions from that topic? What was your disposition when you confidently answered the questions? Happy and grateful to God, right? Our text today reveals steps to success - a problem, a divine instruction, obedience and then, the miracle.

Jesus revealed His omniscience and omnipotence by performing a miracle for Peter. Peter had toiled all night but caught no fish. However, he obeyed Christ's command that seemed to him unrealistic. This resulted in a huge catch of fish.

You and your family may be going through some material and financial struggles. Jesus can bring the solution. Pray and God will speak to the situation. Like Peter, simply obey the Lord in everything, even if you do not understand.

Make your talents and possessions available for the Master's use, and He will ensure that you have no lack or limitation. Obedience to God in the face of uncertainty opens doors to miracles.

Quote: "God will speak to your situation"

Chɑllenge: "Obey Jesus even when it seems to make no sense"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, to lack nothing through obedience"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:07am On Dec 01, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY DECEMBER 01,2022

FAITH OF OUR FATHERS
TEXT: HEBREWS 11:1-6

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report" (HEBREWS 11:1, 2).

"Faith of our fathers living still,
In spite of dungeon, fire and sword,
O how our hearts beat high with joy,
Whene'er we hear that glorious word!
Faith of our fathers, holy faith!
We will be true to thee till death!"

This hymn by Frederick William Faberin (1849) reminds one of the abiding faith of saints of old who trusted God through great trials, persecutions and pains; it shows that our faith is challenged whenever we are faced with problems. The patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob lived by faith; so did the prophets, and people like Joshua, Caleb and the New Testament saints.

The faithful believers of old received God's approval because they were consecrated. A life of faith is a walk with God. Walking by faith is characterized by humility, honesty, holiness and heaven-mindedness.

As travellers in this world, let's patiently endure the trials in our way. Living by faith may attract the world's scorn and scuffling, but press on. Faith In God is non-negotiable because without it there is no base upon which to rest our Christianity. Faith keeps you safe in God's hands.

Quote: "A life of faith is a walk with God"

Chɑllenge: "Are you exercising faith in God?"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, to maintain faith in You to the end"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY DECEMBER 02, 2022

PERSONAL PURGING
TEXT: 2 CORINTHIANS 13:1-5

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" (2 CORINTHIANS 13:5).

When you go to see a doctor, he determines your ailment or disease based on the medical history and a physical examination. The doctor then selects appropriate procedures that can help to confirm the diagnosis, determine the magnitude and severity of the disease, and the right treatment.

As you examine your body for good health regularly, so does your spiritual life require regular examination to be sure you are still in the faith. Personal purging means repentance. And Billy Graham says, "True repentance means, 'to go in a new direction.' To be sorry is not enough in repentance. Judas was remorseful and sorry, but he never repented. Even reformation is not enough."

So, admit the sin problem, confess and forsake them, then you will be forgiven. If you are still in the faith, you will know by your thoughts, actions, affections and attitude. Are they godly? Do you maintain holy practice in all things? Do you pray and read the Bible?

Examine yourself frequently with a view to being restored and perfected if you have fallen. Self-examination and purging will help us to re-align with God's Word.

Quote: "Are you still in the faith?"

Chɑllenge: "Are you exercising faith in God?"

Prɑyer: "O God, help me to purge myself to be free from every sin"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Dec 03, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY DECEMBER 03, 2022

SOUND SPEECH
TEXT: TITUS 2:7-13

"In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you" (TITUS 2:7).

A man went to listen to a minister preach, with the intent of counting his grammatical errors, but as the message went on, he found nothing to use against the man of God, but was astonished at the sound doctrine, speech and language; he got engrossed in the teaching and at the end, gave his life to Christ.

Sound doctrine is important; it is the teaching that agrees with the Bible. Jesus expects us to build our lives on the solid rock of His teaching, and not on man's ideology. Develop yourself to preach the truth so that your critics will be silenced.

People often observe your behaviour and the way you talk. The Bible says, "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." It is better to think before we speak.

Remember that the believers' words and actions are subject to criticism by the world. Speak the truth, avoid slander and negative criticisms. Let your words build and not destroy people as you are the light of the world.

Quote: "Let your words build and not destroy?"

Chɑllenge: "Your light should shine through your sound speech."

Prɑyer: "My God, empower me to please You by my words and character"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:29am On Dec 04, 2022
Living With Passion And Compassion Despite The Dispassionate || Dec. 4 ||

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtXmECmgZ_U
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:30am On Dec 04, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY DECEMBER 04, 2022

TESTIMONIES OF THE TRIUMPHANT
TEXT: EXODUS 15:1-11

"The LORD is my strength and song, and He is become my salvation: He is my God, and I will prepare Him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt Him" (EXODUS 15:2).

God in His mighty power miraculously saved Israel from Pharaoh and his charging army by parting the Red Sea for Israel to pass through. He then brought the sea back to its original position and the enemies were drowned in the sea. This great deliverance inspired the first song written in the Bible.

In a celebration of praise, the Israelites spent time praising and worshipping God for His salvation, mighty power and deliverance. Nothing in the song mentioned Moses as a leader who led them out of slavery, rather all praises went to God.

God who parted the Red Sea is the One who will make a way for you. When He does something great for you, the instrument used should not be the focus of your testimony and praise, rather it should be God Almighty.

Our testimonies of victory and triumph over sin, Satan, sicknesses, failures and other life's battles, show the unbelieving world that God is real and mighty to save. This draws them to Christ. Make sure you are born again so that God can visit you in a mighty way.

Quote: "God is real and mighty to save?"

Chɑllenge: "With gratitude, testify to God's goodness."

Prɑyer: "For all you have done for me Lord, I give you praise"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY DECEMBER 05, 2022

FAKE FREEDOM
TEXT: LUKE 15:11-22

"I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee" (LUKE 15:18).

Herbert Agar said, "The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear." His statement refers to people who hear the truth but choose to reject it in defiance.

The parable in our text shows the younger son of a wealthy man who made a selfish demand in a hurry to get away from his home and father's control. He lived the life of freedom he dreamt of but soon lost all.

In his suffering, he remembered that there was no place like home and father's protection. He realised his mistake and took the right step. Some people never have the opportunity to make it back home as their fake freedom ends their lives miserably.

Friend, regardless of where your selfish path has led you to physically or spiritually, it is time to come back home to Jesus for true freedom. There is no true freedom away from Jesus and the loving Father. Trace your steps back to the Saviour and be assured of peace and a beautiful home in heaven.

Quote: "No true freedom away from Jesus."

Chɑllenge: "The Lord is ready to welcome all who return to Him."

Prɑyer: "Merciful Jesus, take me back and grant me true freedom"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY DECEMBER 05, 2022

FAKE FREEDOM
TEXT: LUKE 15:11-22

"I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee" (LUKE 15:18).

Herbert Agar said, "The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear." His statement refers to people who hear the truth but choose to reject it in defiance.

The parable in our text shows the younger son of a wealthy man who made a selfish demand in a hurry to get away from his home and father's control. He lived the life of freedom he dreamt of but soon lost all.

In his suffering, he remembered that there was no place like home and father's protection. He realised his mistake and took the right step. Some people never have the opportunity to make it back home as their fake freedom ends their lives miserably.

Friend, regardless of where your selfish path has led you to physically or spiritually, it is time to come back home to Jesus for true freedom. There is no true freedom away from Jesus and the loving Father. Trace your steps back to the Saviour and be assured of peace and a beautiful home in heaven.

Quote: "No true freedom away from Jesus."

Chɑllenge: "The Lord is ready to welcome all who return to Him."

Prɑyer: "Merciful Jesus, take me back and grant me true freedom"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12am On Dec 06, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY DECEMBER 06, 2022

PASSIONATE PRAYER
TEXT: JAMES 5:13-18

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (JAMES 5:16).

Prophet Elijah in our Bible text prayed fervently and perseveringly in the midst of an economic crisis caused by the sin of Israel, and God answered him. Elijah prayed seven times for rain to come, and it did.

According to Oldham, "Prayer does not consist in battering the walls of heaven for personal benefits or the success of our plans. Rather, it is the committing of ourselves for the carrying out of His purposes. It is a telephone call to headquarters for orders. It is not bending God's will to ours, but our will to God's. In prayer, we tap vast reservoirs of spiritual power whereby God can find fuller entrance into the hearts of men." No wonder that the prayer of Elijah turned Israel back to God!

Passionate prayer therefore involves being faithful, committed and diligent to realise that which glorifies God. Whether it is a prayer of thanksgiving, petition, intercession or consecration, it should proceed from a fervent heart full of faith. So, pray for yourself, family and Church, but let it come from a pure heart with clean hands.

Quote: "Pray for yourself, family and Church."

Chɑllenge: "Passionately pray as if everything depends on God."

Prɑyer: "Holy Father, give me passion for prayer, in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:06am On Dec 07, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 07, 2022

RUN THE HEAVENLY RACE
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 9:24-27

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain" (1 CORINTHIANS 9:24).

The 1968 Olympics recorded a dogged Olympian, John Stephen Akhwari from Tanzania. He got injured in a fall early in the race. However, an hour after the marathon's winner crossed the finish line, he also came limping across the finish line. When asked why he didn't quit, he said, "My country did not send me 7,000 miles to start this race. My country sent me to finish."

God called us to start and finish the Heavenly race. The race may sometimes be full of pain, dangers and obstacles, but we are to persevere because God wants us to run it and finish strong.

Christianity is a race; so, run to win the prize (eternal rest, incorruptible crown, citizenship and mansions in heaven). There is no other way to get to heaven but by running the race.

The heavenly race requires obeying God's commandments, self-discipline, endurance, prayerfulness, and saying "Yes" to Christ, and "No" to the flesh. Avoid disqualification by staying away from sin. Starting a race is wonderful, but finishing strong is greater. By the grace of God, you will win.

Quote: "Run to win the prize."

Chɑllenge: "Paul said, "I have finished my course..." What would you say.?"

Prɑyer: "Loving Father, help me run this heavenly race till the end"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY DECEMBER 08, 2022

RICHES FOR THE RIGHTEOUS
TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 4:10-20

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (MATTHEW 6:33).

C. H. Spurgeon said, "Nothing can damn a man but his own righteousness; nothing can save him but the righteousness of Christ." A righteous person is someone who has been cleansed from his former sins and now lives by God's holy standard.

Examples of the righteous in Bible times who enjoyed God's riches are Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Job, Moses and King David. Despite his sufferings and adversities, Job upheld his integrity and God blessed him abundantly (Job 1:8 and 42:7-8).

Abraham was called the friend of God, and he was the richest man of his time. Like Job and Abraham, we are to obey God's commands, possess inner purity and remain separated from the world, yet showing Christ's love to all.

God's righteousness is obtained through Jesus Christ. His atoning blood takes away our sins, and through Him God sees us as righteous. Henceforth, we seek His guidance and approval before taking actions. The privileges of the righteous include access to God's blessings here and in eternity.

Quote: "Job upheld his integrity, and God blessed him."

Chɑllenge: "Faithfully serve God in righteousness and be blessed"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, help me to grow in righteousness, in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35am On Dec 09, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY DECEMBER 09, 2022

PAIN BEFORE GAIN
TEXT: 1 PETER 4:12-19

"But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy" (1 Peter 4:13).

John Huss, the Church reformer who died singing while being burnt on a stake, refused to renounce his preaching and said, "In the truth of the gospel which I preached, I die willingly and joyfully today."

Millions of Christians have died for Christ; the tragedy of universal Christian suffering is a reality. This is because the world is generally hostile to the gospel and believers.

Suffering is part of the Christian life and should not come as a surprise. Rather, view it as a test of faith, knowing that you are not alone. God can use such adverse conditions to refine and mature us.

Christian suffering could reveal how truly committed we are to our faithful God. Suffering develops our character, brings us closer to God and teaches us to lean on Him.

Suffering comes in different forms, but the Bible says, "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18). Are you slandered, rejected or imprisoned? Take courage, you are not far from home.

Quote: "Suffering comes in different forms."

Chɑllenge: "Expect persecutions; and rejoice for, no pain no gain"

Prɑyer: "Heavenly Father, stand by me in trouble, in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34pm On Dec 10, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY DECEMBER 10, 2022

FOLLOW HIS STEPS
TEXT: 1 PETER 2:21-25

"For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth" (1 PETER 2:21, 22).

In 1896, Charles M. Sheldon in one of his books - In His Steps, recounted the story of a local church whose members pledged, for an entire year, not to do anything without first asking the question, "What would Jesus do if He were in my place?" Following Christ's steps brought joy to them.

Paul tells us that Christians are to follow our Lord's example of kindness, holiness, patience in suffering, and courage in enduring persecution. Following Christ's steps also entails humble service in God's will.

Jesus is our standard; not any human. His life on earth, as recorded in the four Gospels, is a perfect example for us to follow. He never sinned, never retaliated when insulted or ever deceived anyone. Rather, He loved His haters and prayed for His persecutors.

We should believe that whatever God permits in our lives is for our eventual good. Follow His steps in love, faithfulness, devotion, diligence, suffering and doing the works of God. Fret not, He will bless you in due time.

Quote: "Jesus is our standard."

Chɑllenge: "Christ meekly endured sorrow, can you?"

Prɑyer: "O God, give me the grace to follow my Saviour's steps always"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY DECEMBER 11, 2022

WATER BAPTISM
TEXT: MATTHEW 3:13-17

"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him" (MATTHEW 3:16).

A man consistently refused to be baptized even when his family accepted to be baptized. However, listening to his pastor preach on the baptism of Jesus, making reference to verse 15 of our text, and pointing out our need to obey God's will, the man submitted himself to be baptized in water. He regretted not obeying the Lord's command much earlier.

Have you been saved and heard about water baptism but refuse to partake like the man above? It only shows disobedience to God's ordinance.

Water baptism is a rite for every believer immediately after salvation. It is a public symbolic declaration that we now belong to the camp of Jesus. In water baptism, we identify with Jesus Christ's death, burial and resurrection.

Water baptism is one immersion and not three - "In the name of the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Ghost," as Jesus commanded. However, it must be noted that water baptism alone does not guarantee heaven if sins are not repented of and salvation sought through the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.

Quote: "Water baptism...for every believer."

Chɑllenge: "Have you been baptized in water after reconciliation with God?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me strength to obey your precepts"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY DECEMBER 12, 2022

RETURN TO THE SAVIOUR
TEXT: LUKE 15:18-24

Kem G. Bottorf wrote these words in song:

"Have you wandered away from your Father's care,
Heavy hearted and sad do you roam?
There's a sweet gentle voice calling now to you -
Wand-ring child, wand'ring child, O come home."
"Child, come home, child come home,
Wand'ring child, why longer roam?
'Tis thy Father entreats -
Wand'ring child, O come home.
Child, come home, child come home,
Wand'ring child, why longer roam?
'Tis thy Father entreats -
Wand'ring child, O come home."

The call to come back home is for the prodigal who broke his/her attachment to God, and is now a slave to sin and Satan. Having lost the right relationship with God, prodigal sons and daughters of nowadays attach to drugs, cheating, illicit relationship with the opposite sex or same sex, pornography, internet fraud and worldly pleasures.

Remember you were made by God in His own image, for His glory. Therefore, discover yourself and your deplorable state, if you are a prodigal boy or girl; then return to the Saviour in repentance. He is eagerly waiting to receive you. The devil has nothing for you but utter misery. However, Jesus will forgive you and take away all the heartaches and sorrows you bear.

Quote: "Have a change of heart and return."

Chɑllenge: "Have you freed yourself from God's care? It is time to return?"

Prɑyer: "Father, I now return to You. Hold me close and never let me go again"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49pm On Dec 13, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY DECEMBER 13, 2022

CAUTION ON CORRUPTERS
TEXT: 2 PETER 3:1-7

"That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts" (2 PETER 3:2, 3).

Many false teachers and prophets have erroneously predicted the Lord's Second Coming with specific dates. The Bible warns us to beware of such people, for no one knows the time.

Some people scoff at God and the caution of His impending judgment. They do so to justify their sins and lusts, by pointing to some falsely claimed doctrinal loopholes. Their ignorant soft targets swallow their whole package of errors mixed with some half-truths.

The devil knows that he has a short time and so works hard to stop people from hearing and believing the true gospel. Believers generally must be vigilant and mindful of who and what they listen to. Any spirit that does not confess any or all parts of the Bible as written, is an anti-christ and not of God.

Corrupters oppose Christ, godliness and the Church. They are out to seduce believers to sin, while pretending to love Christ. Do not be swayed by anyone to live contrary to the Word of God, else you will miss Heaven. When mockers attack your faith, let God's Word be your firm foundation.

Quote: "They are out to seduce believers."

Chɑllenge: "No man will take my conviction and crown from me"

Prɑyer: "Lord, as I stand firm on Your Word, make me a victor"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 14, 2022

BE FOUND FAITHFUL - 1
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:14-18

"And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey" (MATTHEW 25:15).

The eminent female lawyer, Folake Solanke, in an interview with The Guardian in 1996 said, "Whatever talents we have, we must make sure we do not fritter them away, but we must cultivate them and use them to the optimum not only for ourselves, but for others."

God gives gifts and talents to all His children as He wishes. He knows everyone perfectly. No Christian youth should feel superior to others because they are multi-talented. Neither should anyone feel inferior for being seemingly less gifted.

Everyone should be contented with their allotment of gifts by God and strive to make the best use of them. The two servants were given the same commendation, "Good and faithful servant," and received commensurate rewards because reward is not by number of talents but by their faithful use.

All believers are expected to put their talents to use for the edification of the Church and advancement of the kingdom of God. To use God-given talents for self-interest is tantamount to rebellion against God. Focus on your talents and be faithful to God in their use.

Quote: "God gives gifts and talents to all."

Chɑllenge: "Make the best use of your God-given talents"

Prɑyer: "O God, I thank you for the talents you gave to me"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY DECEMBER 15, 2022

BE FOUND FAITHFUL - 2
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:24-30

"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (MATTHEW 25:30).

"Have we been true to the trust He left us?
Do we seek to do our best?
If in our hearts there is naught condemns us,
We shall have a glorious rest."

The man who received one talent was charged with unfaithfulness because he failed to use his talent. He was disloyal to his master. Consequently, he was severely punished. Human errors consist of omission (what we fail to do) and commission (doing what we are not supposed to do). We will render account of what we do and what we fail to do, to God at last.

Your life is that one talent with all its endowments. God will call you to account for it someday. A holy life of obedience to God will avert His judgment. People who revel in sin and continue to give excuses to defend why they cannot get rid of it and be saved will end up in eternal punishment. You are expected to maximally use your time and talents to serve God. You are given one life to live; invest it profitably.

Quote: "We will render account."

Chɑllenge: "Live your life with the reckoning day in view"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, give me grace to be faithful to you"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY DECEMBER 16, 2022

PEOPLE WHO ROB PARENTS
TEXT: PROVERBS 28:22-28

"Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression; the same is the companion of a destroyer" (PROVERBS 28:24).

There are youths who take it for granted that what belongs to their parents automatically belongs to them. As such, they steal money that belongs to their parents, commandeer some valuables and swindle their parents. Some take their family's properties and auction them to satisfy some unprofitable desires. Such youths are called destroyers by God. They are robbers.

Robbery is a sin whether against individuals, groups of people, church or parents. If you have stolen from your parents or guardians, either subtly or by force, you have committed a sin and you are guilty. Repent, confess your sins and make necessary restitutions. Failure to do so brings you under the fiery judgment of God. Be careful not to grieve your parents because obedience to them determines your long life.

God, our heavenly Father, demands in His Word that believers are to give tithes and offerings. Those who fail to do so are robbing Him. Defaulters bring themselves under the curse of the Lord. "Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation." Obedience is the only way out.

Quote: "Robbery is a sin."

Chɑllenge: "No robber will enter the kingdom of God"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, help me to keep away from every form of sin"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY DECEMBER 17, 2022

PRIVILEGES OF THE PURE
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:6-9

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God" (MATTHEW 5:8).

Sin brings condemnation and guilt in the conscience of sinners and makes them a terror to themselves. Sinners are plagued with secret fears which follow them like their shadows. They know no peace and have no rest.

Freedom from sin is a great miracle. Having received pardon from God, a Christian is free from condemnation. He is justified and adopted into the family of God. As a result, such an individual is entitled to all the privileges of children in God's kingdom.

Being free from the spirit of bondage to sin and fear since the righteous are bold as a lion, he can now cry, "Abba, Father." Other privileges include: peace, abiding presence of the Triune God, freedom from all curses and satanic oppression.

Moreover, there is the hope of being like Jesus and seeing Him as He is. Hence the Bible says, "And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure" (1 John 3:3). Purify yourself by drawing closer to God and desiring to be holy with unquenchable thirst and hunger for sanctification.

Quote: "There is the hope of being like Jesus."

Chɑllenge: "A pure heart produces a pure life"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, give me grace to abide in you till the end"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY DECEMBER 18, 2022

RESOURCES FOR GOOD READING
TEXT: ACTS 8:26-35

"And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. The place of the scripture which he read was this..." (ACTS 8:31, 32a).

Christian youths are not supposed to be novices in the knowledge of the word of God. God's ultimate expectation for every believer is maturity. "Brethren, be not children in understanding... but in understanding be men" (1 Corinthians 14:20).

Thomas Chain Reference Bible, Strong or Cruden's Concordance Study Bibles are materials believers take joy in possessing in days gone by. Today, Christians are better positioned because apart from these books, computer software Bible materials that can edify believers are now available.

Resources for studying the Bible are packaged in software such as e-Sword, Theophilus, Power Bible CD. Bible based Christian websites like the dclm.org where past messages are preserved in audio and video; tracks for personal edification and soul-winning; magazines and soul-stirring books meant purposefully for youths are readily available. As you explore this site, you will discover the amazing repository of spiritual wealth packaged therein.

However, none of these materials and study aids is to replace the Bible. Rather, they are supposed to aid our understanding of it. We have more opportunities today than the Ethiopian eunuch.

Quote: "We have more opportunities today."

Chɑllenge: "The Bible is supreme"

Prɑyer: "Father, help me not to remain a babe but grow in grace"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY DECEMBER 19, 2022

DO MORE
TEXT: 2 PETER 1:3-11

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity..." (2 PETER 1:5-7).

Rafael Parera is a Spanish professional tennis player currently ranked world No. 2 in men's singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals as at the time of this write-up.

According to a source, as a top ranking player, he never leaves anything to chance. He plays as if he is just a qualifier. In fact, he gets more passionate with every tournament instead of feeling like he deserves to win or is entitled to win. The intensity he plays with every point is almost unmatched. He never relents.

For believers, there is no resting point in this world because believers are pilgrims on a journey. According to Albert Einstein, "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."

There is no spiritual level an individual can attain and feel that there is nothing else to acquire. The moment anyone thinks he has arrived, everything starts to crumble.

When someone is not making progress, there will be retrogression. We can add more faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, etc., to our lives to remain God's favourites.

Quote: "There is no resting point in this world."

Chɑllenge: "Christian virtues give spiritual strength and stability"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to continue to grow in grace"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY DECEMBER 20, 2022

THE SAINT'S SECURITY
TEXT: HEBREWS 7:19-27

"Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them" (HEBREWS 7:25).

God's Word says, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1). It is a common scene to see the mother hen fly along with hawks or eagles when they attempt to prey on her chicks.

Sometimes, they fight with dogs, cats and chase human beings away when their young chicks are threatened. The mother hen opens its wings to shield all the chicks from predators and harsh weather. As long as they all remain under the wings, they are secure.

The Lord assures us of His unmitigated protection. All the bandits, armed robbers, demons or the devil himself put together are not strong enough to pluck out the weakest but abiding believer from Christ.

Believers are safe and secure because the Almighty God is our Keeper. He is able to protect His own from the onslaught of Satan and his cohorts. None can rob Him of His sheep. We must abide in Christ and remain steadfast to the end to be partakers of the final salvation.

Quote: "None can rob Him of His sheep."

Chɑllenge: "Are you dwelling in Jehovah's secret place?"

Prɑyer: "Dear Father, keep me from every danger"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 21, 2022

SUBMISSION IS SUPREME
TEXT: 1 PETER 2:13-20

"Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well" (1 PETER 2:13, 14).

Christ's example teaches us the acceptable Christian attitude to civil authorities. At birth, His heavily pregnant mother made the difficult journey to Bethlehem, in obedience to Caesar's decree of a universal census. In childhood, Jesus Himself observed the Jewish Passover. In adulthood, He taught the importance of paying due taxes to the governor.

By contrast, the Zealots were a nationalistic resistance group in Israel. They advocated civil disobedience and acts of sabotage against the occupying forces of Rome. Jesus approved of neither, He taught non-resistance and non-retaliation. True believers today must follow in His steps.

God is the King; earthly rulers are His regents to institute order, decency and security in human societies. Believers are therefore called to submit to the authority of the state. Yes, even if the ruler himself is morally bankrupt personally.

So then, the just laws of civil society must be obeyed irrespective of who enacts them. Only when those laws oppose the laws of God, when civil leaders seek to usurp the place of God in our hearts as believers, should we say 'No' to them.

Quote: "Earthly rulers are God's regents."

Chɑllenge: "Are you a loyal citizen of your nation?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to reflect You in all I do"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 21, 2022

SUBMISSION IS SUPREME
TEXT: 1 PETER 2:13-20

"Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well" (1 PETER 2:13, 14).

Christ's example teaches us the acceptable Christian attitude to civil authorities. At birth, His heavily pregnant mother made the difficult journey to Bethlehem, in obedience to Caesar's decree of a universal census. In childhood, Jesus Himself observed the Jewish Passover. In adulthood, He taught the importance of paying due taxes to the governor.

By contrast, the Zealots were a nationalistic resistance group in Israel. They advocated civil disobedience and acts of sabotage against the occupying forces of Rome. Jesus approved of neither, He taught non-resistance and non-retaliation. True believers today must follow in His steps.

God is the King; earthly rulers are His regents to institute order, decency and security in human societies. Believers are therefore called to submit to the authority of the state. Yes, even if the ruler himself is morally bankrupt personally.

So then, the just laws of civil society must be obeyed irrespective of who enacts them. Only when those laws oppose the laws of God, when civil leaders seek to usurp the place of God in our hearts as believers, should we say 'No' to them.

Quote: "Earthly rulers are God's regents."

Chɑllenge: "Are you a loyal citizen of your nation?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to reflect You in all I do"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY DECEMBER 22, 2022

OBEDIENT CHILDREN
TEXT: 1 PETER 1:13-19

"As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance" (1 PETER 1:14).

Hear what S. D. Gordon said, "Obey! Obey!! Obey!!! Simply, intelligently, the will of the Father because it is the Father's will, whether you see your way out or not. That is the very underground work of our Master's victory in the wilderness."

It was an epic clash of wills as a rebellious youngster tried to resist a strong father who insisted on obedience as captured in this conversation: "I said, sit down," said the frustrated father with a firm pressure on the child's shoulders. The boy's legs buckled under as he lowered his little frame onto the sofa. "Alright," he said rudely, "but I am standing up in my mind."

Do you sometimes act like that towards God? Do you give grudging obedience to your parents, teachers or even your spiritual leaders? Outward compliance, but inward rebellion amounts to hypocrisy. Forced obedience is disobedience in essence.

Rebellion is native to the human heart. Joyful obedience proceeds only from a heart washed from sin and sanctified by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ. If you are not yet washed, repent now and you shall be delivered today.

Quote: "Forced obedience is disobedience."

Chɑllenge: "Does your obedience match God's demand?"

Prɑyer: "Rid me of every form of disobedience, O Lord"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20am On Dec 23, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY DECEMBER 23, 2022

HAVING A GRATEFUL HEART
TEXT: LUKE 17:12-19

"And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God" (LUKE 17:15).

Two toddlers were debating the proper pronunciation of the words, 'Thank you'. "It is Theeeank 'ou," said one with confidence. "No, you are wrong! It is 'Dank 'ou," the other retorted with an air of authority. Their mothers smiled with delight because of the soothing attitude of these children.

The boys were actually rehearsing their responses to the ice cream promised them that day by one of their mothers. These children, through learning how to pronounce "thank you," earned the approval of their mothers, showing us the place of gratitude in our relationship with others and God.

Expressing gratitude for even very little kindness received is a virtue. Many youths are too self-absorbed to see the need of appreciating mothers, fathers or teachers for the kindness they show them in taking care of their needs. Hearty gratitude should daily flow from our lips towards God for His mercies; and towards our parents for their sacrifices.

Practically speaking, say "Thank you" to God by loving Him, obeying His words and labouring for His Kingdom. Appreciate your parents by your hard work and good character.

Quote: "Many youths are too self-absorbed."

Chɑllenge: "How often did you say "Thank you," yesterday?"

Prɑyer: "Father, forgive my past ingratitude in Jesus' Name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05am On Dec 24, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY DECEMBER 24, 2022

THE VIRGIN BIRTH
TEXT: MATTHEW 1:23-25

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" (MATTHEW 1:23).

The Bible teaches that Jesus was miraculously conceived by the Virgin Mary. Mary herself plainly declared "How shall these things be, seeing I know not a man". This distinctive nature shows that Christ did not partake of the Adamic depravity. This distinguished Him from any other mortal and marked Him out as the only true Messiah.

The virgin birth is a unique sign from Jehovah God, conferred on Christ and Him alone, and no other living soul has ever or will ever be conceived by a virgin. Jesus is the spotless Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.

The chastity of Mary serves as a challenge to all youths. Mary would not have come to such honour of being the mother of our Lord Jesus if she had defiled herself.

We are in a period where immorality is rampant. Everyone must keep his or her body pure from defilement. Christian youth, do not defile your body with sin. God's favours are for those who abide in His word. The Bible commands, "Flee fornication!" Sinners should repent now.

Quote: "Do not defile your body."

Chɑllenge: "Are you a vessel of honour?"

Prɑyer: "Help me to keep away from every sin, oh God"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY DECEMBER 25, 2022

THE SAVIOUR'S BIRTH STORY
TEXT: LUKE 2:1-11

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord" (LUKE 2:11).

In many societies, the circumstances surrounding a child's birth is considered significant. This sometimes influences the name and pattern of life of that child.

This did not apply to Christ. Though born in a manger, His birth and what He would accomplish had been foretold thousands of years before. This makes His birth unique and not ordinary. A major occurrence at Christ's birth was the announcement by angels signifying heaven's interest and great joy to both angels and men.

In the announcement, His mission in the world was also stated, as the Saviour of the world. His mission was to deliver humanity from sin and its bondage and bring man back into fellowship with God. Christ had to come to this sin-stained world to offer Himself as sacrifice for many to be saved.

It will be most unfortunate for anyone to pass through this life and not embrace the salvation Christ offers humanity. Christ has done all things for God's purpose for your life to be accomplished; so, live for His glory, after giving your life to Him in true repentance.

Quote: "Live for His glory."

Chɑllenge: "Make your life count for God's glory"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to tell others about Your birth"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00am On Dec 25, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY DECEMBER 25, 2022

THE SAVIOUR'S BIRTH STORY
TEXT: LUKE 2:1-11

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord" (LUKE 2:11).

In many societies, the circumstances surrounding a child's birth is considered significant. This sometimes influences the name and pattern of life of that child.

This did not apply to Christ. Though born in a manger, His birth and what He would accomplish had been foretold thousands of years before. This makes His birth unique and not ordinary. A major occurrence at Christ's birth was the announcement by angels signifying heaven's interest and great joy to both angels and men.

In the announcement, His mission in the world was also stated, as the Saviour of the world. His mission was to deliver humanity from sin and its bondage and bring man back into fellowship with God. Christ had to come to this sin-stained world to offer Himself as sacrifice for many to be saved.

It will be most unfortunate for anyone to pass through this life and not embrace the salvation Christ offers humanity. Christ has done all things for God's purpose for your life to be accomplished; so, live for His glory, after giving your life to Him in true repentance.

Quote: "Live for His glory."

Chɑllenge: "Make your life count for God's glory"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to tell others about Your birth"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY DECEMBER 26, 2022

HEAVENLY TREASURE
TEXT: 1 PETER 1:1-5

"To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you" (1 PETER 1:4).

Robert Louis Stevenson wrote his book, Treasure Island in 1881. It tells of a group of sea pirates who took to sea in search of some treasures hidden on a remote island. They endured considerable danger to life and limbs; some died, others were injured. At last, they arrived at the treasure cache, but alas, it had been emptied. For all their troubles they got only a rubble.

Stevenson's story is a fitting illustration of the vanity of earthly pursuits. Tell me, young friend, what's your joy? Is it that you are blessed with a sharp brain, or born into a privileged family, or live in a great country? But, earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away.

Heaven is the eternal home of all who repent of sin and put their faith in Christ as Lord and Saviour. And, heaven is a really beautiful place! It has to be, considering the fact that God is its Builder and Maker.

Heaven's beauty, radiance and treasures are eternal; they neither fade nor get stolen. You can be a partaker if you repent and seek the Lord today.

Quote: "Heaven is a really beautiful place."

Chɑllenge: "The fool takes much trouble to get mere rubble"

Prɑyer: "Lord, fix my eyes on eternal treasures"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Learning: Route To Greatness - 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY DECEMBER 27, 2022

PAUL'S PATTERN
TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 1:14-19

"Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting" (1 TIMOTHY 1:16).

Apostle Paul was a pattern in many ways. 'Intense' is one word that best describes him to every youth. Paul demonstrated intensity in everything he did. Before meeting the Saviour, he sinned with a passion - harassing, arresting and even killing Christ's disciples. His encounter with Christ on the way to Damascus was quite intriguing - he saw a blinding light, fell down, heard Jesus' voice and lost his sight.

Clearly, God's programme for Paul's life was fast and fascinating. From being an arrogant, cruel persecutor, he moved swiftly to becoming a convicted, humbled and repentant sinner. Then, he became a fasting and praying saint. The course of his life was altered forever. He is a pattern of God's grace to every youth.

Now converted and commissioned by Christ, Paul served God with even greater intensity. He preached the gospel with a vengeance against Satan. He surpassed older Christians in commitment and consecration to Christ's cause. He pioneered missionary activities to the remotest parts of the earth. He is a shinning example of Christian living to every saved youth.

Quote: "Paul served God with even greater intensity."

Chɑllenge: "Living without passion amounts to being dead"

Prɑyer: "Set my soul afire, Lord"

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (113) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.