Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Why Do We Have A Problem With People Converting From One Religion To Another? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Have A Problem With People Converting From One Religion To Another? (503 Views)

Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Your Wealthy Religion To Belong Today / Marrying Outside One's Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Have A Problem With People Converting From One Religion To Another? by zabuur: 12:05am On Jul 09, 2014
I am sorry bout this topic I'm raising but, the fact is, why do we express so much hatred to people who lives a religion to another? I am a Muslim and in the Qur'an, Allah said "unto you your religion and unto me my religion". We are very quick in condemning people that convert. You see people telling converts that they have gone astray. Who the hell told you that you are on the right part. We Nigerians don't even understand ourselves and most of us are in the religion we are by the virtue of our birth. If it's violence, it's not restricted to one particular religion. We are yet to understand perfectly the religion we practice let alone condemning the religion we know nothing about. There is no country, no tribe, no color, no ethnicity, no tongue, no gender in this universe that won't have a Muslim or Christian member. Look at the posts of Moji Olaiya, a Yoruba actress that converted, that's the most recent. People have taken it so personal.....
Re: Why Do We Have A Problem With People Converting From One Religion To Another? by erikontus(m): 12:17am On Jul 09, 2014
Right to choose any religion u wish 2.

(1) (Reply)

Prayers Make Things Happen / Cursed Blessing / I Thought You Knew (does It really matter?.....)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.