Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy (22680 Views)

Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos / Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City / Is It Financially Wise To Have Your Own Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 09, 2014
I hope they not stylishly trying to sell of some govt properties cos it is already known by 2050 Lagos will be on extinction.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by RichDad1(m): 6:59am On Jul 09, 2014
Warefa
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Jakeattah(m): 7:01am On Jul 09, 2014
Abeg o, cos the expence is much.. It might be a great policy
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:01am On Jul 09, 2014
Fashola with talk, nothing has been done on the one u said concerning abnormal agent/agreement fees lagos landlord normally use to kill tenants, and the duration of months tenants are meant to pay that u also promise then, now u don talk another one. In all anyway u trying but try and implement it this time o....eko o ni baje. (Forget the spellings and tell me u understand the yoruba o).

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by KOBOJO: 7:03am On Jul 09, 2014
Good news !!
When we tell them that Lagos is a no mans' land, they wud still argue...
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Boss13: 7:05am On Jul 09, 2014
Assessment of Fashola's Administration

Promises with no implementation. Talk, talk and more talk. Finally, blame state government ineffectiveness on the federal government.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Yoritshekiri: 7:05am On Jul 09, 2014
This applies to Government owned houses only.
Anything other than that would be seen as a ploy by Lagos state government to transfer Igbo owned houses to Yorubas tenants.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Reference(m): 7:19am On Jul 09, 2014
Good one. That's one thinking, acting man.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Reference(m): 7:29am On Jul 09, 2014
Boss13: Assessment of Fashola's Administration

Promises with no implementation. Talk, talk and more talk. Finally, blame state government ineffectiveness on the federal government.

Government is supposed to be a continum. All the problems of Lagos or Nigeria cannot be solved in one administration of 8 years. The problems did not take 8 years to crystallise. Rome or London or indeed the States was not built in a day. A policy is like a seed of an idea. It is expected to grow to feed generations after. That's what makes governance much easier than we struggle with in Nigeria. You benefit from your predecessor and those coming after you benefit from you. That's what makes Lagos state the success it is today. Tinubu sowed a good seed and much of Fashola's achievements were sourced there. Fashola too needs to sow one for the future. We africans should grow beyond the 'chop and quench' attitude. Everyone knows the LASG doesn't have the funds to effectively implement it today but do you wait till you can afford it before you start.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by kennytidistar(m): 7:38am On Jul 09, 2014
Lilprocess: **Heart attack**
Fainted
That means that my tenants will no more worship me.
Chai diaris God oooo

he is talking about the houses he built not private property, did you know there are laws that protect lessor from lessee? fashola don't have the constitutional right to make any law against such platform except for government own properties. did you read it well? reread again.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by CoolKizzy(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2014
Everything about Lagos and Fashola is always "Will Soon" that is the first thing I look out for in news about Lagos or Fashola since 2011. I'm tired of it mehn.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Firefire(m): 7:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Ok
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by kalunomics(m): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2014
“What we need to do now is to help you order your record
keeping in order for you to qualify.
This is a new policy that is slightly
different from the mortgage
scheme itself, but will ultimately lead to mortgage. Your money will
be saved monthly and put in the
scheme.
Now I'm confused. Somebody help!
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by babestell(f): 7:54am On Jul 09, 2014
Even if it is going to be politicized...that the government even thought of this is to be commended
it has a good sound to it. I hope it works
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by TRADELYN: 8:01am On Jul 09, 2014
Sorry, no vex I beg!
Naa RESEARCH WORK plenty for my hand shocked
mencade5: tradelyn my oga...goodmorning...i no come hear from you again oooo. Wetin happen?
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by yorke1: 8:03am On Jul 09, 2014
Scam! Na today you wake up after your 8years in office remain 8monthss. Fashola pls tell another lie. I no buy dis one.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by kennytidistar(m): 8:35am On Jul 09, 2014
kalunomics: Now I'm confused. Somebody help!

another form of hire purchase,
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by mencade5(m): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2014
TRADELYN: Sorry, no vex I beg!
Naa RESEARCH WORK plenty for my hand shocked
no problem

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Boss13: 8:47am On Jul 09, 2014
Reference:

Government is supposed to be a continum. All the problems of Lagos or Nigeria cannot be solved in one administration of 8 years. The problems did not take 8 years to crystallise. Rome or London or indeed the States was not built in a day. A policy is like a seed of an idea. It is expected to grow to feed generations after. That's what makes governance much easier than we struggle with in Nigeria. You benefit from your predecessor and those coming after you benefit from you. That's what makes Lagos state the success it is today. Tinubu sowed a good seed and much of Fashola's achievements were sourced there. Fashola too needs to sow one for the future. We africans should grow beyond the 'chop and quench' attitude. Everyone knows the LASG doesn't have the funds to effectively implement it today but do you wait till you can afford it before you start.

Point of correction, Lagos state is not a success story as portrayed by you. If your yardstick for measuring success is faulty, I will suggest you go buy another. Also, before you go on the normal rampage on comparing Lagos with other states, I will first love to clarify that Lagos state was once a capital of Nigeria, it enjoy the development of the nation's wealth, just like Abuja is enjoying. Lagos is deteriorating and not improving.

Fashola's runs the most secretive government in the entire Nigeria. The public is unaware of how much is generated in the state, what percentage of income is using for capital infrastructure and what is paid to tinubu. Be honest for once and answer if Fashola's is building new roads or repairing already existing roads. Be honest and ask if Fashola's administration is responsible for the water you used to have your bath this morning. Likewise, be honest and compare Lagos with the 70's & 80's where we had less social miscreants and not now where social miscreants is now legalized in Lagos. In my estate in Lekki, security services is being offered by OPC members (an association banned by the government). Personal income tax, Fashola's and his godfather's mercenaries are chasing is not implemented fairly. The stalwarts and big goons in the state do not pay personal income tax.

In education, WAEC & NECO result is an independent performance measurement tool. We have seen south-east states emerging with top results. Likewise, the recent strike/protest action by LASU students is also a yardstick to measure the governor. Why was the fees increased - nobody is yet to ask the governor.

Health, you can go and ask the state doctors who are queuing and finalizing preparations to go on their annual strike holidays as usually observed annually.

I commend the governor for running an effective public relations office that has been able to manage the press and also for threatening civil service officers not to speak with pressmen. Also, I express my disgust to the Nigerian media for being lazy and not doing enough investigations to uncover the secrecy that hovers around the Fashola's administration.

I will not want talk much about housing, the governor has said he cannot find cheap cement to build cheap houses. Hence, the houses the state is building are meant for the rich. Then ask yourselves, why the rich goons in Lagos state? The ones that don't even pay taxes, the ones Fashola has given lands in choice places, the ones still roaming the streets with Amber light and sirens when it has been banned.

The results of Fashola's administration are out there for all to see. Yet, we live in denial probably due to tribalism, sycophancy and nepotism.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by pheesayor(m): 8:56am On Jul 09, 2014
will this apply to monthly income earners too? Because the current LAGHOMS prices are way beyond my reach
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by SangoCrusader: 9:01am On Jul 09, 2014
Please be my president in 2015 Fashola. Save us from GEJ!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by biomedixexcel(m): 9:09am On Jul 09, 2014
Good one
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2014
liberty300: Nonsense, bringing in new policies when his tenure is expiring soonest.

I didn't even get what he meant. After paying house rent for awhile, you automatically become d owner?...is dat wat he meant?
lol, yes that's what he means...they split it into installments - Union Homes runs something like that, and i have friend that they have been paying for their own ...e fit done reach 10yrs sef. If na me, i for done tire for that kind installment.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 09, 2014
liberty300: Nonsense, bringing in new policies when his tenure is expiring soonest.

I didn't even get what he meant. After paying house rent for awhile, you automatically become d owner?...is dat wat he meant?
. Abeg help me ask oo. Cos me sef no understand
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by easyelliot(m): 9:24am On Jul 09, 2014
Please Fasola, not interested, i like the system as it is right now.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by biafransoul: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2014
The title of the thread should've read " Fashola proposes "rent to own homes" for Apc political leaders and associates. Sorry for the ordinary man on the streets that believes this nonsense.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by nickz(m): 9:50am On Jul 09, 2014
bullcrap!!!
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by londoner: 10:18am On Jul 09, 2014
This is a good move. If this is actually properly planned and implemented its great for the average Nigerian.

This is what Margaret Thatcher did in the UK and many were able to buy, and later sell their government houses.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by delishpot: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2014
I believe it will be only available in govmnt built homes. That is, govt to build estates and high rise buildings in large scale. Could be batch by batch, when first batch gets taken up, you build new batch according to demand. No need to build a million homes no one can rent lije Abuja peeps do. Only to abbandon project and let ritualists and thugs run the abbandoned uncompleted buildings making the area a death zone for normal residents. But as na naija now, na dem , dem go share all the homes if you no know chairman, if you no dey shag the Director for project, if you no give money to clerk to get form, if you no get link or back bone nothing for you. and before ordinary man get a room sef him go pay half the full price as bribe.
All in all, good development lets give him a chance to see how it all goes. Eghrmmm,egrhmmmm #ClearsThroat. he can hire me to manage the project.
Re: Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy by talktimi(m): 11:48am On Jul 09, 2014
AWESOME POLICY. This is how Nigeriar housing policy is meant to be run especially by state governments

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Farmland For Lease At N3000 Per Acre. Get More For Less! / Aloysius Ikegwuonu (bishop) Builds Home For The Disabled - Pics / Demolition Of Buildings Ongoing In Oyo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.