Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,883 members, 7,956,327 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge (9978 Views)

Photos From A Ghastly Accident Between A Fuel Tanker And Trailer On Ikorodu Road / Petrol Tanker On Fire Along Lagos Ibadan Expressway / Another Fuel Tanker Tumbles On Lekki Epe Express Way [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 09, 2014
This is a plea to anyone that can reach whoever is in charge of traffic in Lagos... The decision to move tankers through Costain is constituting a terrible nuisance... Its both unfair and wicked to those plying this route. We also have to consider the unnecessary stress and strain been imposed on the bridge. The presence of these stationary trailers and tankers on the bridge is actually acting as a "dead weight" along just one side of the bridge. This could lead to deflection, structural instability and thus gradual deterioration of the bridg....

Please avoid Costain for your own good. Its a grid lock here. Been stuck for hours. The bridge is been overun by tankers.... Those that where sent away from apapa..

Last pics shows the few cars that scaled through and people
Every one is trekking to cms....

Its going to worsen as more people come to work....

PLEASE HELP.!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by 100ksalescom(m): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
COSTAIN AND MILE2 ARE PLACES TO AVOID ESPECIALLY WHEN IT RAINS grin grin
BETWEEN 5AM - 6AM AND 8PM-10PM PEOPLE GET ROBBED IN THEIR CARS AT MILE 2

CTF wink

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by kobonaire(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Oya ... remain to buy bons and Heineken while you de sit for traffic
wink
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by LyfeJennings(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ghe
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by CharlieMaria(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Noted.
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by bigass(f): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
Its bad
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by yorke1: 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
You above. You want to be the first to come, abi? tongue
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by dridowu: 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
So sad the traffic is getting worse almost everyday but partially i get escape from it cos most times i my movement is against the traffic
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by jude33084(m): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
Let me just turn back to take oyingbo to MM way then 3rd mainland bridge. cheesy

What we experienced there last week wasn't fun bro wink
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by bercarray(m): 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
Me: Okada! okada!!
Okada man:where?
Me: u knw dat prsn in charge of traffic house? Abeg take me there make i go report dz incident.
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by DonHummer(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
traffic these on that route these days dey tie wrapper,,best option is to leave ur house much more earlier...
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
And one APC dude would soon come here and say Fashola is working. The traffic on that axis is worsening everyday.
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by bigass(f): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
DonHummer: traffic these on that route these days dey tie wrapper,,best option is to leave ur house much more earlier...

what if everybody leaves early

1 Like

Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by Rexphobia(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
I was in that traffic
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by OgologoDimkpa: 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
Mile2 is a den of robbers from anything 8pm to 5am
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by bigass(f): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: Mile2 is a den of robbers from anything 8pm to 5am

even with those gun carrying policemen
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by DonaldGenes(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hmmmmmmmph! na wao

Everything bad must originate from Lagos

when will this end...
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by BUSHHUNTER: 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
Make e no be like say I no comment
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by Btruth: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
teeo: And one APC dude would soon come here and say Fashola is working. The traffic on that axis is worsening everyday.
What else do you expect Fashola to do? Most of those roads are Federal roads. The tanker union or association should use their initiatives...they should all follow a simple instruction lay down for them and other road users by the authority.

5 Likes

Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by Mattex001(m): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
I remember back in dais wen I was working @ adeola odeku, I'll have to leave work by 6pm to get home by 8:30pm, its been a problem dat has existed for a while, and the traffic marshals aren't carrying out any detailed measures to solve it... Anyways na I'll advise pple coming from the island to enroute via 3rd mainland bridge.
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by DonHummer(m): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
bigass:

what if everybody leaves early
Then leave late

1 Like

Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
Btruth: What else do expect Fashola to do? Most of those roads are Federal roads. The tanker union or association should use their common sense.....they should all follow a simple instruction lay down for them and other road users.

But LASTMA can arrest people on Federal roads abi. Next time you want to talk use your brain completely don't leave some of it at home wink

5 Likes

Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by ceasare: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
bigass:
even with those gun carrying policemen

Am telling u even with those police presence they still rob in the traffic.it gives me course to worry if the police are not part of it because they only stay put at particular spot and watch whilst the robbers go in BTW d traffic to disposess their victims... I knw wat am saying because I was a victim recently.
For passengers on that route be conscious and keep all your gadgets ,phone etc that can attract the thieve from glaring eyes and wind up even if you don't have ac.
My 20kobo.

4 Likes

Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by Btruth: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
teeo:

But LASTMA can arrest people on Federal roads abi. Next time you want to talk use your brain completely don't leave some of it at home wink
and you think you are using your complete brain here? Leeches like you are only privilege on nairaland, since this forum is for every dick & harry...ode, oponu!

5 Likes

Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
Around 5:30 today, Mehnnn tankers took one lane for parking
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
ceasare:

Am telling u even with those police presence they still rob in the traffic.it gives me course to worry if the police are not part of it because they only stay put at particular spot and watch whilst the robbers go in BTW d traffic to dispose their victims... I knw wat am saying because I was a victim recently.
For passengers on that route be conscious and keep all your gadgets ,phone etc that can attract the thieve from glaring eyes and wind up even if you don't have ac.
My 20kobo.
They shatter glasses now
Re: Tanker Traffic On Costain Axis And Bridge by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
Btruth: and you think you are using your complete brain here? Leeches like you are only privilege on nairaland, since this forum is for every dick & harry...ode, oponu!

Lmao, na jeje I siddon before you used your sweat stricken fingers to type on your useless phone that all its keyboards have faded to insult me. I won't insult you and your lineage. I will just ignore your ignorance cause I don't want to be seen arguing with a worthless piece of animal dung.
I won't insult you cause you're worse than an infidel, I will just forgive your foolishness this afternoon. Talk to me again in the evening and I would further castrate your under sized blookus. Ewo gambia.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 10 Typical Causes Of Tyre Wear / Where To Service A Toyota Car In Lagos? / No Transparency In Customs’ Clearance Process – Grimaldi MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.