Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,063 members, 7,859,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:02 PM

Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland (1838 Views)

My Personal Performance Test On PHP7 VS Facebook HHVM & New Features / Features You Feel Could Be Developed In A Mobile Search Engine / Anyone Got Oracle 11g New Features For Administrators Dumps? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by Isiterere(m): 11:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
losprince: seun when somebody deactivates their account instead of showing nobody you could make there name un click able... nl could also use a messaging feature outside email
seconded , dislike button, warning metre b4 inventual ban

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by Mescopaul(m): 6:40am On Jul 10, 2014
Sir Seun i wud advice against the "who likes your post feature" this guys are screaming for.
If its implemented, less ppl will love to like posts or comments, esp those that are proud and the opp gender too, and these guys screaming they want it wud be the first to start complaining that it shud be removed.

From my own view, the app suggestion is very gud, provided it does not burn up megabites grin

Features i wud suggest are :
1. Let the image upload slots be upto say 10 or more than.
2. Let other files for upload be supported.
3. Let a kind off filter be induced that automatically changes vulgar words in post or comments.
4. Let a kind of sms notification be set up that tells you what is going on eg when your post is liked or you are mentioned etc. This notification will come as a text msg to ur phone, just like Fbk does it!
5. Let a notification be inserted among the other ones [ (FT)(FB)(MT)] in the top section of Nl pages that states that your post/topic has been promoted to Frontpage.

I will suggest more if i remember others.
Goodmorning!
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by mayorall(m): 7:28am On Jul 10, 2014
Mr Seun , please make it optional for people to put their mail/phone number on their profile. Nairaland is not a faceless forum for those who are doing business online. Thank you.
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 10, 2014
I Think the INBOX feature will be a nice one.. However, due to spa*mers and the likes, the "ADD AS FRIEND" feature will come in handy.. When a user accepts a Friend Request, then they can interact via Inbox directly and not using the Email style.. Ionno if I made sense tho..
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by Ajibel(m): 8:56am On Jul 10, 2014
»You dont need to know who likes your post. The only thing is I dunno if I can still be able to view posts of someone that deactivates account buh I already liked.
»No dislike button. It'd discourage counter arguments and shorten discussions. Instead of members replying a post they dont agree with, they'd just dislike and waka go.
»What is mobile number feature You can put that on your sig.
»No inbox feature. Gmail & Yahoo were created for that purpose.

1 Like

Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by Djicemob: 10:13am On Jul 10, 2014
My suggestions:
1.Please dont let us know who likes our post.
2.Please no dislike button.
3.There should be an "add as friend" and also the "following" feature separately.
4.The peeps u add as friend would have to accept or decline ur request.If they accept,u can have a chat with them privately.
5.There should be a chatroom section which should have different rooms for chatting eg.Places(for ppl in the different states of nigeria),flirt zone,schools,professions,football zone(and other sports zone),language zone,country,music chatroom and so on...

1 Like

Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 10, 2014
Great ideas.
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by DocAdray(f): 10:56am On Jul 10, 2014
Seun: I'm watching this thread. If your ideas are very very good, they may be implemented. Thanks.

Oga Seun, please we need a 'Dis-like' button!

Very very important...
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2014
Seun no dislike button ever, thanks.
If anyone dislikes a post they should post on the thread clearly stating why they don't like the post. Puting dislike button will only encourage the kids on Nairaland to showcase their immaturity.
You disagree with a stupid comment they made and they immediately create 100 alt accounts to follow you round Nairaland disliking everything you write.
You correct a mistake someone makes they create alts to put you into the dislike hell.
Girls who turn down guys advances nko? alt accounts and massive dislikes.
You toast a babe another brother is eyeing, same thing.
The list is endless abeg.
Never put a dislike button on this site biko, you will not like the result I can assure you.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
Sayg no dislike ,is like sayg nobody shud boo at a football match Or at a stale/dry joke.
Or no critcal commentary in d newspaper against your state guv,president etc.
A dislike button will make nl,more like d real grim world. With all its shades of ppl.

Who's liking who.
Hmm. Well it can hav its gud sides. E.g if sb u respect likes ur comment it boosts u more than if u ddnt know who. But um its going to b used for hookg up more or less. Like guy keeps liking babes post until d babe gets d "message" and starts "honkg" back.
Nairaland cud add a ban button. To stop certain monikers commentg,liking/disliking ur post. Or a group feature to restrict a discussion just to certain groups without d discussion being private. E.g theyre dscussions only females want to engage in, males etc.
Avatars besides usernames wud b nice.
On ppl creatg new usernames to troll, topic posters cud ban all posters registered after d topic was created(for a period of time).
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by TCD: 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
Seun the nairaland search function needs a small upgrading. Some dealers in the auto section keep copying and pasting the same post on their different threads every single day advertising a long list of cars for sale. So For example if I search for Toyota corolla or Honda accord, this repeated posts keep appearing severally sometimes taking up a whole page and making scrolling cumbersome. If there is a way you can do like google removing search results that are similar and keep recurring because d dealer keeps copying and pasting over weeks and weeks it'll make the search more effective. Thank you.
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by RichDad1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
Seun, a "Dislike" button is a must. Atleast to discourage all the Tribal warlords on this site. It's getting out if hand. Also the return if the POLL/VOTE features will not be a bad thing. Thanks.
PLEASE I'LL PREFER MY USERNAME WITHOUT THE NUMBER 1 APPENDED TO IT. OR PROBABLY A TOTAL CHANGE[If possible]
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
Seun: I'm watching this thread. If your ideas are very very good, they may be implemented. Thanks.
SEUN PLS CREATE A DISLIKE BUTTON.SOME PEOPLE MAKE INSULTIVE AND DEGRADING COMMENTS,ESPECIALLY THE TRIBALISTS.

I BELIEVE THAT THIS WILL HELP IN CURBING TRIBALISM ON NAIRALAND smiley
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by semitunde: 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
There should be a polling section, with special apps where people can vote in on any subject matter.

Any thing that needs voting, from Mr and miss Nairaland to no. of Hausas online can be done here. Different sections can take turns to use this feature and the use can be regulated by a mod.
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by semitunde: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
asalimpo: Sayg no dislike ,is like sayg nobody shud boo at a football match Or at a stale/dry joke.
Or no critcal commentary in d newspaper against your state guv,president etc.
A dislike button will make nl,more like d real grim world. With all its shades of ppl.

Who's liking who.
Hmm. Well it can hav its gud sides. E.g if sb u respect likes ur comment it boosts u more than if u ddnt know who. But um its going to b used for hookg up more or less. Like guy keeps liking babes post until d babe gets d "message" and starts "honkg" back.
Nairaland cud add a ban button. To stop certain monikers commentg,liking/disliking ur post. Or a group feature to restrict a discussion just to certain groups without d discussion being private. E.g theyre dscussions only females want to engage in, males etc.
Avatars besides usernames wud b nice.
On ppl creatg new usernames to troll, topic posters cud ban all posters registered after d topic was created(for a period of time).

I saw an idea here that can be useful but don't how feasible it is for seun.

If you have a ban tab that allows a maximum of 2bans, else you have to unban to make space for the "new ban"; then that will be great. If the person being banned by another quotes or mentions that person, then the post is automatically hidden for some hours ( or deleted) before making it visible later, maybe much after the discussion has moved on. This can be 2-3hrs.

Alternatively, or in addition, the operator of a thread can have the powers to "ban" for like 15mins. The ban works like the ban tab where the person's post isn't visible until 15mins later.
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by Aniroly(m): 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
Seun: www.nairaland.com/culture
hope you are working on these features?

Personally i need delete comment feature..
Re: Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland by barackodam: 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
Actually Seun, am of the opinion that hiding comments isn't Gud.

Yes!!!!

U guys can keep banning dudes, that's no prop, some ppl worth it, but hiding of post makes conversations boring.

IMO

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Concluded My Online Game Android App / Java Programmers Plz Help Out / Impact Of Marijuana On Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.