Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,210 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620281 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by slimsolz(m): 4:01am On Jun 07, 2018
dolapo17:

here is the code

Change line 17
this.items[itemName] = quantity
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dolapo17: 8:36am On Jun 07, 2018
eph12:

I meant u should copy and paste it so I can run it myself with the test and see where the problem is.

I also think from the result you can know which part of the tests you haven't covered. But I still need you to paste the codes here

class ShoppingCart{
constructor(){
this.total = 0;
this.items = {};
this.cart = [];
this.balance = 0;
}

addItem(itemName, quantity, price){
this.itemName = itemName;
this.quantity = quantity;
this.price = price;
this.cost = this.quantity * this.price;

this.total += this.cost;

this.items = {'itemName': this.itemName, 'quantity': this.quantity}

this.addedQuantity = this.quantity;

this.cart.push(this.items);

}

removeItem(itemName, quantity, price){
this.price = price;
this.cost = this.quantity * this.price
if(this.quantity < 1){
return 'added quantity should be 1';
}
for(let i = 0; i < this.cart.length; i++){
if(this.itemName === this.cart[i].itemName){
this.cart.splice(i, 1);
this.total -= this.cost;

}
}
}

checkout(cashPaid){
this.cashPaid = cashPaid;
this.balance = this.cashPaid - this.total;
if(this.cashPaid < this.total){
return 'Cash paid not enough';
}else {
return this.balance;
}

}
}

class Shop extends ShoppingCart{
constructor(){
super()
this.quantity = 100;
}
removeItem(){
this.quantity -= 1;
}
}
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 9:38am On Jun 07, 2018
slimsolz:

Change line 17
this.items[itemName] = quantity
Dolapo17 do this, it will pass that second test
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 9:47am On Jun 07, 2018
dolapo17:

class ShoppingCart{
constructor(){
this.total = 0;
this.items = {};
this.cart = [];
this.balance = 0;
}

addItem(itemName, quantity, price){
this.price = price;
this.cost = this.quantity * this.price;

this.total += this.cost;

this.addedQuantity = this.quantity;

this.cart.push(this.items);

}

removeItem(itemName, quantity, price){
this.price = price;
this.cost = this.quantity * this.price
if(this.quantity < 1){
return 'added quantity should be 1';
}
for(let i = 0; i < this.cart.length; i++){
if(this.itemName === this.cart[i].itemName){
this.cart.splice(i, 1);
this.total -= this.cost;

}
}
}

checkout(cashPaid){
this.cashPaid = cashPaid;
this.balance = this.cashPaid - this.total;
if(this.cashPaid < this.total){
return 'Cash paid not enough';
}else {
return this.balance;
}

}
}

class Shop extends ShoppingCart{
constructor(){
super()
this.quantity = 100;
}
removeItem(){
this.quantity -= 1;
}
}

You're to account for the quantity of items remaining in your cart.

This will subtract the quantity of that item you're removing from your cart if that item is present in your cart and return the quantity remaining
if (this.items[itemName]) {
this.items[itemName] -= quantity;
}
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dolapo17: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2018
@eph12 @slimsolz added it to the code. its fine now.

But guys can you please explain that part.

thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 10:26am On Jun 07, 2018
dolapo17:
@eph12 added it to the code. its fine now.

thanks
items is a dict that contains itemName as key and quantity as the value which should be like {itemName: quantity}
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dolapo17: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2018
@eph12 meaning this line of code i had was unnecessary

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2018
dolapo17:
@eph.12 meaning this line of code i had was unnecessary

Yes it is.

Searching for an item should give you the item name and the quantity selected
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tejiri4(m): 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
dolapo17:
@eph12 meaning this line of code i had was unnecessary

Coding was needed in OOP so dat line wasnt needed
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tejiri4(m): 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
eph12:

Yes it is.

Searching for an item should give you the item name and the quantity selected

please can i get in touch with you so i learn few things about coding
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
tejiri4:

please can i get in touch with you so i learn few things about coding
Yeah you can
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tejiri4(m): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
eph12:

Yeah you can

ok pls here my number whatsapp 08099409742
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
tejiri4:

ok pls here my number whatsapp 08099409742
My number is on my signature
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hi guys....in the long run, if you achieve success to get to the boot camp. How's that possible if you have a job?
Do you ask for a leave or what. I'm so confused, also, I'm really motivated to be part of Andela.
I need an advise. lipsrsealed
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
shimmer1:
Hi guys....in the long run, if you achieve success to get to the boot camp. How's that possible if you have a job?
Do you ask for a leave or what. I'm so confused, also, I'm really motivated to be part of Andela.
When you get to the boot camp, an arrangement can be made for you.

Though you may have to request for at least a week off from your place of work or pending your level of confidence, resign
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
shimmer1:

Hmm I would advise you take leave off work for the boot-camp, they will understand that you are currently working. However, you will be required to be up to date with outputs like the other boot-campers. Because of how intensive the boot-camp can get, I would advise that you take the leave as you will be able to concentrate fully.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
eph12:

When you get to the boot camp, an arrangement can be made for you.

Though you may have to request for at least a week off from your place of work or pending your level of confidence, resign

Thank you very much smiley
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
benfluleck:

Hmm I would advise you take leave off work for the boot-camp, they will understand that you are currently working. However, you will be required to be up to date with outputs like the other boot-campers. Because of how intensive the boot-camp can get, I would advise that you take the leave as you will be able to concentrate fully.

Thank you very much smiley
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:03am On Jun 08, 2018
benfluleck:

Hi, also.. I applied in cycle 34, but didn't proceed to the homestudy due to some reasons. I recently applied with the same email used before and the link of the Saberr test was sent to me again, but informed me of 'no action required'. I hope it won't affect me during all the process? and again, as it is stated in the mail "The test will be sent to you on June 22nd, 2018 so please look out for an email from us."
Is this exactly the date it will be sent.
Thanks for your time.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by elvisco44: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2018
pls can i reapply while waiting for success mail
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
elvisco44:
pls can i reapply while waiting for success mail

No reason to suggest you can't
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 1:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
shimmer1:

Hi, also.. I applied in cycle 34, but didn't proceed to the homestudy due to some reasons. I recently applied with the same email used before and the link of the Saberr test was sent to me again, but informed me of 'no action required'. I hope it won't affect me during all the process? and again, as it is stated in the mail "The test will be sent to you on June 22nd, 2018 so please look out for an email from us."
Is this exactly the date it will be sent.
Thanks for your time.

Wait till June 22nd and then take any action, however, I don't think you will have any problems.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by collinic: 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
benfluleck:

Wait till June 22nd and then take any action, however, I don't think you will have any problems.

Hello Ben, I did not receive any mail from Andela since after the interview, I don't even know my stand and some persons has confirmed that Andela has sent out mail on Friday and am yet to receive either a failed or success mail, can you please check what was wrong. Circle 33
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mayajegule: 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hi guys!
I applied for Andela Fellowship cycle 35. Although I'm a newbie to programming, I have an interest in learning. Andela says you don't have to be a coder to apply but the volume of the study pack is so scary. I'm so confused.
Please where do I start from? I need answers ASAP. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by eph12(m): 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
mayajegule:
Hi guys!
I applied for Andela Fellowship cycle 35. Although I'm a newbie to programming, I have an interest in learning. Andela says you don't have to be a coder to apply but the volume of the study pack is so scary. I'm so confused.
Please where do I start from? I need answers ASAP. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Start from the home study. It was compiled to introduce you to programming. It's a good place to start

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by slimsolz(m): 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
dolapo17:
@eph12 @slimsolz added it to the code. its fine now.

thanks

Hi boss,
U wre adding to an existing object (items) the wrong way
D way u wrote urs was as tho u wanted to create a new items object...
To add to an existing obj
ObjectName[key] = value;

I hope dis helps
wink
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
collinic:

Hello Ben, I did not receive any mail from Andela since after the interview, I don't even know my stand and some persons has confirmed that Andela has sent out mail on Friday and am yet to receive either a failed or success mail, can you please check what was wrong. Circle 33

Relax you will get a mail confirming or rejecting probably this week, Bootcamp is not for another 2 weeks or so.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by girlking(f): 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
mayajegule:
Hi guys!

Me: reply to the question.

Still Me: you only got to the bootcamp stage. If you knew how to get in why did you not get past bootcamp?

Me:

In addition to the great opinion of the above poster.

Here is a learning map I used. You might find it helpful:

1) Learn HTML - codeacademy.com
2) Learn CSS - codeacademy.com
3) Practice - Build a google clone. That is a page similar to Google's home page
4) Learn JS - Freecodecamp.com
5) Speed read the Home study curriculum. This way when questions pop up in Andela's test you would know where to look for the answer.

6) learn the backend - I am still trying to figure this out So I do not have any materials I can recommend.

General tips:
1) take notes on what you learn. This would help you understand the concepts better.
2) Do not spend more than 40 Mins trying to understand a concept. Have a list of developers you can ask questions when you get stuck. Feel free to add me to the list.

3) Study on a need to know basis.

Still Me: Take the above advice with a pinch of salt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by collinic: 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
benfluleck:

Relax you will get a mail confirming or rejecting probably this week, Bootcamp is not for another 2 weeks or so.

Issorite, but I would appreciate because I gathered some information that the mail has been sent out and the challenge has also been sent out today to be submitted on 15th. I just hope I am not been left out. My mail is ezeamaka2@gmail.com and the name is Amaka Eze. I would appreciate if you can look into this.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
collinic:

Issorite, but I would appreciate because I gathered some information that the mail has been sent out and the challenge has also been sent out today to be submitted on 15th. I just hope I am not been left out. My mail is ezeamaka2@gmail.com and the name is Amaka Eze. I would appreciate if you can look into this.

I would suggest if you have concerns to reach out yourself to the email that was provided as I am not part of the team that deals with this. I would still suggest you hang on and wait for your feedback as there are no extra challenges before Bootcamp and different cycles are run concurrently so you are probably mixing this up.

Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by slimsolz(m): 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
girlking:

Still Me: you only got to the bootcamp stage. If you knew how to get in why did you not get past bootcamp?

Me:

3) Practice - Build a google clone. That is a page similar to Google's home page
5) Speed read the Home study curriculum. This way when questions pop up in Andela's test you would know where to look for the answer.

6) learn the backend - I am still trying to figure this out So I do not have any materials I can recommend.

General tips:
1) take notes on what you learn. This would help you understand the concepts better.
2) Do not spend more than 40 Mins trying to understand a concept. Have a list of developers you can ask questions when you get stuck. Feel free to add me to the list.

Lolz
Ur funny
Anyways abt no 6
Backend (nodejs/express along wit postgreSQL)
U can use Lynda.com or udemy even youtube for tutorial
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mayajegule: 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
Lols... Thanks a lot.

girlking:

Me:

General tips:

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.