Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (623858 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by katako: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2018
Pls,I haven't seen any response from cycle 37 homestudy test.What might have caused d problem,my people in d house
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Hydrotolu: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2018
katako:
Pls,I haven't seen any response from cycle 37 homestudy test.What might have caused d problem,my people in d house
perhaps you didn't make the cut-off from the first test

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2018
Hydrotolu:
perhaps you didn't make the cut-off from the first test
he should have received a mail telling him that then
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Hydrotolu: 1:12pm On Aug 25, 2018
DonPikko:
he should have received a mail telling him that then
He will definitely get one soon... I had the same experience in cycle 34.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ispoa(m): 4:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
A question on the 'qualified.io' test please, do I have to take the test in one seating?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WhileTrue: 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2018
ispoa:
A question on the 'qualified.io' test please, do I have to take the test in one seating?
No u can pause and continue
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ispoa(m): 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
WhileTrue:

No u can pause and continue
Thanks, does it count on the timer, or you can pause it and close the tab or what
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by haywhyze(m): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
ispoa:

Thanks, does it count on the timer, or you can pause it and close the tab or what

Forget about the timer and make sure all tests pass before you submit. Only be wary of the deadline set by andela.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ispoa(m): 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2018
haywhyze:

Forget about the timer and make sure all tests pass before you submit. Only be wary of the deadline set by andela.
ok thanks, my battery is bad, so im worried of the system going off before i finish the test. Can i save the progress or something
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by haywhyze(m): 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
ispoa:

ok thanks, my battery is bad, so im worried of the system going off before i finish the test. Can i save the progress or something

It's on autosave. Don't bother.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WhileTrue: 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
ispoa:

The timer does not affect ur qualification. Just make sure you finish the obj and theory before the deadline set. Make sure all test re passed and all obj answers re correct

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ispoa(m): 8:17am On Aug 27, 2018
haywhyze:

It's on autosave. Don't bother.
Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Lionhearted: 9:14am On Aug 27, 2018
Stumbled on this thread just now.
From the few pages I read, words like bootcamp, cycle keep coming up.
What is the whole thing about?
Wanna delve into programming.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stephenkhalaf(m): 11:12am On Aug 27, 2018
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Teletexter: 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
stephenkhalaf:

Bro, you miss road... Just stumble out
grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Emmyxclusive: 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
pls has anyone from cycle38 taken his or her personality test?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2018
Fast-Food-Fast guys cheesy

This Pivotal Tracker can b confusing sha grin

who can explain better?? sad embarassed

it seems my village people are behind me finally tongue

lol grin

guide: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/help/articles/quick_start/

Cc DonPikko haywhyze stevenakp Guente02 benfluleck naijavibz teletexter stephenkhalaf

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 1:46am On Aug 28, 2018
DonPikko Guente02 Benfluleck

Can I load my images from unsplash, pexels and likes or Shud i just download dem and serve dem from my img folder ?

Can I use owl.carousel.js ?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by flashBang: 9:32am On Aug 28, 2018
WhileTrue:

The timer does not affect ur qualification. Just make sure you finish the obj and theory before the deadline set. Make sure all test re passed and all obj answers re correct

Oh! you definitely don't know andela that much. if you finish the test very late, regardless of your performance, you will not make it in unless you are lucky that only few people finish before you and only few perform better than you.
it has been tried on multiple accounts with same answers and solutions to all questions. For the first test, only the ones that finish within 30mins to 1hr is more likely to make it to next stage.

As for second test, if you finish after 2hrs, your chance of making it drops tragically.

Want to know why? the questions have become repetitive and many people already have the answers perfected in advance and they just copy/paste.
After the test is scored based on performance, then there is a further cut-off based on time...... believe it or not.

When gold becomes common it loses its value. likewise, your performance means nothing when too many people are performing equally or even better.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 10:30am On Aug 28, 2018
flashBang:

Oh! you definitely don't know andela that much. if you finish the test very late, regardless of your performance, you will not make it in unless you are lucky that only few people finish before you and only few perform better than you.
it has been tried on multiple accounts with same answers and solutions to all questions. For the first test, only the ones that finish within 30mins to 1hr is more likely to make it to next stage.

As for second test, if you finish after 2hrs, your chance of making it drops tragically.

Want to know why? the questions have become repetitive and many people already have the answers perfected in advance and they just copy/paste.
After the test is scored based on performance, then there is a further cut-off based on time...... believe it or not.

When gold becomes common it loses its value. likewise, your performance means nothing when too many people are performing equally or even better.
That is not true at all. Since the 1st test wasn't timed, I didnt rush it and I didn't do it at a go(I had other very important commitments). Overall I completed the first test within about 32hours.
Since the 2nd test was timed, even though they said the timing doesnt matter, I didnt want to take any chances. I tried to finish it within 5 hours but I couldnt. I was on it for 6hrs when my laptop's battery died. I resumed about 6hrs later when I was able to get electricity (the time was still counting) and was able to finish about 3 hours later.
So all together, the time was reading about 15hours when I submitted.
And I scaled through the tests.

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2018
But why are the tests being repetitive?, andela is supposed to be setting different questions for different cycles
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Funkypunky: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2018
Cycle 36 ... please guys are we allowed to use CSS grid?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by flashBang: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
naijanoni:

That is not true at all. Since the 1st test wasn't timed, I didnt rush it and I didn't do it at a go(I had other very important commitments). Overall I completed the first test within about 32hours.
Since the 2nd test was timed, even though they said the timing doesnt matter, I didnt want to take any chances. I tried to finish it within 5 hours but I couldnt. I was on it for 6hrs when my laptop's battery died. I resumed about 6hrs later when I was able to get electricity (the time was still counting) and was able to finish about 3 hours later.
So all together, the time was reading about 15hours when I submitted.
And I scaled through the tests.

Well in my experience, that's how it seems. it's definitely not a coincidence that many times, the multiple accounts it was tried on prove and led to the conclusion that unless you are lucky and those who finished before you didn't perform well. that must have been the reason in your case.

the accounts that finished the test very late with same performance didn't make it.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
flashBang:

Well in my experience, that's how it seems. it's definitely not a coincidence that many times, the multiple accounts it was tried on prove and led to the conclusion that unless you are lucky and those who finished before you didn't perform well. that must have been the reason in your case.

the accounts that finished the test very late with same performance didn't make it.
You might be right u know.
According to this mail I got (regarding my unsuccessful interview), only the top 10% from the second test make it through to the interview.
So time might be part of their criteria.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
naijanoni:

You might be right u know.
According to this mail I got (regarding my unsuccessful interview), only the top 10% from the second test make it through to the interview.
So time might be part of their criteria.
do not take this personally grin grin, I feel it's not fair when criteria is not explicitly stated, it leaves candidates guessing what went wrong, after a denial, andela needs to work on this
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
flashBang:

Not true.... my qualified.io I took more than 2 hours in each of my tests. The qualified test took me 7hours grin However, you are right when you say the cutoff mark is probably high. As far as I am aware there is no cut off based on time.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
DonPikko:
do not take this personally grin grin, I feel it's not fair when criteria is not explicitly stated, it leaves candidates guessing what went wrong, after a denial, andela needs to work on this
grin I like the fact that they get back to you whether you qualified or not, unlike most companies.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mag99: 3:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
LET’S CREATE SUPERB VISUAL DESIGNS THAT SPEAK BOLDLY TO YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE

Your identity says a lot about you as an organization or brand. Strong brand recognition starts with engaging messaging and unique graphic representations that communicate your story to clients or audience. Whether you are developing a new brand or refreshing your existing identity, our branding professionals can deliver the brand image that is right for your organization or project

Whether the design is for print, online marketing or simply a corporate or business logo, we will create stunning, yet professional, simple and highly appealing creative concept that truly defines your brand or purpose at the MOST AFFORDABLE RATES YOU CAN EVER FIND IN THE MARKET!

GET STARTED NOW!

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by benfluleck: 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
Funkypunky:
Cycle 36 ... please guys are we allowed to use CSS grid?
Yes, It is a layout built into the browser
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Funkypunky: 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2018
benfluleck:

Yes, It is a layout built into the browser

Thanks man.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by UncleJJ(m): 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
stevenakp:
Congrats guys.(Bootcampers)
Come and show Andela what you're made of cool cool.

For the other guys.
Well, see this as an opportunity to learn, grow and prepare.

Regarding housing; I heard Andela makes provisions for its fellows.

Does Andela provide housing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.