Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (622726 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 10:52am On Sep 07, 2018
jembalord:

You should include the time.

12noon to 1pm today.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
Cycle 37 homies, our deadline don pass o. Has anyone gotten an interview invite or is it too early to expect one?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2018
fxdrizzle:
Cycle 37 homies, our deadline don pass o. Has anyone gotten an interview invite or is it too early to expect one?
batch one?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 2:48pm On Sep 07, 2018
DonPikko:
batch one?
yeah, batch one
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
fxdrizzle:

Nope. I heard some people in cycle 37's deadline is September 12 and not 5.
Maybe that's why.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
shimmer1:

Nope. I heard some people in cycle 37's deadline is September 12 and not 5. Maybe that's why.
OK then. I guess I will take a break for 2 or 3 days
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2018
shimmer1:

Maybe that's why.

Hmmm.. Ok.. Cos from the schedule cycle 37.1
Interview Dates: September 12th – September 14th, 2018.

Anyway let's be hopeful. #WeWillAllMeetAtAndela
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
HolyGhostGym:

Hmmm.. Ok.. Cos from the schedule cycle 37.1
Interview Dates: September 12th – September 14th, 2018.

Anyway let's be hopeful. #WeWillAllMeetAtAndela
Amen. Alright dear.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
fxdrizzle:
Sure..next week it is. I'm sure it might come by then.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
fxdrizzle:
It's very sickening and looks like you've done something wrong. grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
shimmer1:

Maybe that's why.
deadline for batch 2 is September 12
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2018
DonPikko:
deadline for batch 2 is September 12

Okay..that clearly explains it then.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by phetty(m): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2018
Hello guys...

Who's part of cycle 37 here?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 08, 2018
cheesy
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 08, 2018
phetty:
Hello guys...

Who's part of cycle 37 here?

What's up?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WhileTrue: 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
flashBang:

Oh! you definitely don't know andela that much. if you finish the test very late, regardless of your performance, you will not make it in unless you are lucky that only few people finish before you and only few perform better than you.
it has been tried on multiple accounts with same answers and solutions to all questions. For the first test, only the ones that finish within 30mins to 1hr is more likely to make it to next stage.

As for second test, if you finish after 2hrs, your chance of making it drops tragically.

Want to know why? the questions have become repetitive and many people already have the answers perfected in advance and they just copy/paste.
After the test is scored based on performance, then there is a further cut-off based on time...... believe it or not.

When gold becomes common it loses its value. likewise, your performance means nothing when too many people are performing equally or even better.

FYI I work dere. The timer does not affect you just make sure you finish before the deadline

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WhileTrue: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
maigemuu:
And andela would say you need no coding experience to apply? This is a lie of the highest order.

But you know knowledge and experience are two different things. Before you apply for a job it assumed you are already knowledgeable in that field. Experience means you have worked in different companies for a number of years. Most jobs offer comes with minimal of 1 or 2 years working experience

But here they give you the job without any working experience.

I wonder why people keep assuming a job offer without experience means you don't need to have any knowledge in that field.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
WhileTrue:

But you know knowledge and experience are two different things. Before you apply for a job it assumed you are already knowledgeable in that field. Experience means you have worked in different companies for a number of years. Most jobs offer comes with minimal of 1 or 2 years working experience

I wonder why people keep assuming a job offer without experience means you don't need to have any knowledge in that field.
Nicely said.. One of the biggest misconception just settled.. Thumbs up!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
WhileTrue:

andela even made it easieer by creating home study curriculum, and making excercises available in the home study
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2018
Odiegwu ��
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2018
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by maigemuu: 11:24pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hi guys, just read that andela questions are repetitive. Can you assist with samples of the questions.io test? What should I expect. I am yet to get feedback on cycle 37 but applied for cycle 38. Please guys, let me into questions.io that has been repetitive....

I count on your responses.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by maigemuu: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
DonPikko:
andela even made it easieer by creating home study curriculum, and making excercises available in the home study

@Donpikko, I need sample questions for the second batch of test. How has the andela journey been for you.?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ispoa(m): 11:19am On Sep 10, 2018
Hey guys, if we're to submit a code sample during the interview, then defend it. If interview dates for cycle 37 are September 12 - 14, doesnt that mean that Cycle 37 guys that are going for interview should have been contacted by now?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by chidimmajuliet: 11:38am On Sep 10, 2018
its just so unfair that they are yet to contact anyone. I hope they have a plan of shifting the date.
ispoa:
Hey guys, if we're to submit a code sample during the interview, then defend it. If interview dates for cycle 37 are September 12 - 14, doesnt that mean that Cycle 37 guys that are going for interview should have been contacted by now?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
chidimmajuliet:
its just so unfair that they are yet to contact anyone. I hope they have a plan of shifting the date.
just chill till the 13th. If you don't get feedback by then, feel free to take a machine gun to their headquarters
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
fxdrizzle:
just chill till the 13th. If you don't get feedback by then, feel free to take a machine gun to their headquarters

Now that's radicalism in coding... which will definitely produce undesired outcome(s) grin grin #WeWillAllMeetAtAndela
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
maigemuu:
Hi guys, just read that andela questions are repetitive. Can you assist with samples of the questions.io test? What should I expect. I am yet to get feedback on cycle 37 but applied for cycle 38. Please guys, let me into questions.io that has been repetitive....

I count on your responses.
guy, stop bothering yourself. Just concentrate on the home study and practice a lot, and you will be fine. The qualified test has both objective questions and technical assessments. A good example of the technical stuff is to write a program that checks if an input string is a palindrome. There are lots of similar tests on the internet that you can Google up and practice with. The most important thing is to understand the concepts and logic behind your code.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2018
HolyGhostGym:

Now that's radicalism in coding... which will definitely produce undecided outcome(s) grin grin
abeg na joke o grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
fxdrizzle:
abeg na joke o grin

Sure just kidding... wink grin #WeWillAllMeetAtAndela
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
chidimmajuliet:
Niggas are brilliant ouchea, but this evenly distributed brilliance doesn't come with the oppor.tu.nity to show it's worth. Andela fixes that.

Question is -
isBrilliant() ?
proveIt() ?
admit() : enrollNextCycle()
: enrollNextCycle()

Work hard to make proveIt() return true.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2018
guente02:

Niggas are brilliant ouchea, but this evenly distributed brilliance doesn't come with the oppor.tu.nity to show it's worth. Andela fixes that.

Question is -
isBrilliant() ?
proveIt() ?
admit() : enrollNextCycle()
: enrollNextCycle()

Work hard to make proveIt() return true.

Is this not an abuse of ternary operation? I get your follow sha cool smiley #WeWillAllMeetAtAndela

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.