Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (621670 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by teamoneline: 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
someone please help me understand this.

i was sent bootcamp project today cycle 39..
the due date for challenge one is Friday 23rd November, 2018,
the due date for challenge two is 30th December, 2018 (im sure they meant november)
and the final due date for project is Friday, 14th December, 2019 (im sure they meant 2018)..
and in the previous mail they said the bootcamp's full day on campus on-boarding to be held on Monday, December 3rd, 2018 through to December 14th, 2018 (demo day)...

I Dont understand the dates please are we to finish and submit the project before bootcamp.. then what are we going to do at bootcamp? ..
or has cycle 39 bootcamp already started.. Help me oo..

cc. whiletrue
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
ispoa:
guente02 isArray
what separates those dropped in week 2 from those who make it?
UI?
you have to continuously show and demonstrate EPIC values, also work extensively on your project and obey your LFA
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by AnuliKay: 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2018
Non-Immigrant/Immigrant Visa Assistant

Job Responsibilities:

The incumbent performs the complex task of processing the full range of non-immigrant and immigrant visas for Nigerian citizens and third-country nationals. S/he refers only unusual, complex or questionable cases to the Team Lead, LES Staff supervisor, or Consular Officer.

Annual Salary is N8.3 million.

Read more & apply: https://lawjobsportal.com/job/non-immigrant-immigrant-visa-assistant/
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
teamoneline:
someone please help me understand this.

i was sent bootcamp project today cycle 39..
the due date for challenge one is Friday 23rd November, 2018,
the due date for challenge two is 30th December, 2018 (im sure they meant november)
and the final due date for project is Friday, 14th December, 2019 (im sure they meant 2018)..
and in the previous mail they said the bootcamp's full day on campus on-boarding to be held on Monday, December 3rd, 2018 through to December 14th, 2018 (demo day)...

I Dont understand the dates please are we to finish and submit the project before bootcamp.. then what are we going to do at bootcamp? ..
or has cycle 39 bootcamp already started.. Help me oo..

cc. whiletrue

lol... Bootcamp is currently made up of four challenges. You are to complete challenges 1 and 2 from home before you actually go for the on-boarding stuff.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by teamoneline: 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
fxdrizzle:
lol... Bootcamp is currently made up of four challenges. You are to complete challenges 1 and 2 from home before you actually go for the on-boarding stuff.

4 challenges ? grin grin ..

that is how i told a friend i want to learn programming and he said i should "Apply for Andela na" grin grin .. now see, they are looking for programming wizard.

...that means we are going to build another full-stack app in camp. omo even Harvard no go hard like this o..

..thanks bro.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
teamoneline:

that is how i told a friend i want to learn programming and he said i should "Apply for Andela na" grin grin .. now see, they are looking for programming wizard.

...that means we are going to build another full-stack app in camp. omo even Harvard no go hard like this o..

..thanks bro.
you welcome. Just give it your best shot.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
teamoneline:

..thanks bro.
you are still building the same app at the bootcamp, just database integration and consuming the backend api
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by HolyGhostGym: 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hello Sir,

I hope this quote meets you well.

Kindly remove this post as it has to relevance to the subject matter.

Thank you.

AnuliKay:
Non-Immigrant/Immigrant Visa Assistant

Job Responsibilities:

The incumbent performs the complex task of processing the full range of non-immigrant and immigrant visas for Nigerian citizens and third-country nationals. S/he refers only unusual, complex or questionable cases to the Team Lead, LES Staff supervisor, or Consular Officer.

Annual Salary is N8.3 million.

Read more & apply: https://lawjobsportal.com/job/non-immigrant-immigrant-visa-assistant/
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Brizzy404: 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
When is cycle 40 getting feedback...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
Brizzy404:
till after the deadline, which I believe is the 28th
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by IlorinBoy1: 3:55am On Nov 20, 2018
teamoneline:

..thanks bro.

lol....like the bosses have advised, let's just give it our best shot, very best!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sheygz: 10:16am On Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys,please help me with this. One of the instructions for challenge 1 is to create a pull request for each feature and merge into the develop branch.
Here is how I went about it:
1) I cloned the remote repository into my local repository with a readme
2) I created new branches for each feature and after
3) I pushed each feature branch to my remote repository
4) I created a pull request for each feature branch
5) I created a new branch called 'develop' in the 'Branch: master' in my github repository and switched to it from master to develop i.e., 'Branch: master' ----> 'Branch:develop'
6)Then I merged (4) to the develop branch in my github repository

Please is that the correct sequence? How would you go about it? Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Adaeze003(f): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2018
sheygz:
Hey guys,please help me with this. One of the instructions for challenge 1 is to create a pull request for each feature and merge into the develop branch.
Here is how I went about it:
1) I cloned the remote repository into my local repository with a readme
2) I created new branches for each feature and after
3) I pushed each feature branch to my remote repository
4) I created a pull request for each feature branch
5) I created a new branch called 'develop' in the 'Branch: master' in my github repository and switched to it from master to develop i.e., 'Branch: master' ----> 'Branch:develop'
6)Then I merged (4) to the develop branch in my github repository

Please is that the correct sequence? How would you go about it? Thanks

Create a develop branch and make it your main/base branch(instead of master)

For each feature you will have, create a feature branch from your develop branch and implement the feature.

When you're done, create a pull request and merge to your develop branch.

Don't use your master branch.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by doctorfunmi: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2018
Please i need help.
How to i use pivotal tracker with respect to github? How will i create stories on pivotal tracker to reflect on github when making commit and pushing to github or i will have to manually use pivotal tracker to deliver project?
Please seniors help me.
Thank you
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2018
isArray:
you are still building the same app at the bootcamp, just database integration and consuming the backend api
Still consuming?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Adaeze003(f): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2018
doctorfunmi:
Please i need help.
How to i use pivotal tracker with respect to github? How will i create stories on pivotal tracker to reflect on github when making commit and pushing to github or i will have to manually use pivotal tracker to deliver project?
Please seniors help me.
Thank you

helpful link
https://www.pivotaltracker(dot)com/integrations/GitHub

(change dot to .)
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ispoa(m): 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2018
isArray:
you have to continuously show and demonstrate EPIC values, also work extensively on your project and obey your LFA
by work extensively you mean complete the project?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ispoa(m): 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2018
guente02:

It cuts across a lot.
They are looking at your progress in implementing the feedback they gave you, your communication skill (with both your lfa and your fellow boot campers on slack), quality of your blog post and checking to see if you are at least meeting or exceeding expectations as listed on that challenge documentation
am I right to say it boils down to your technical ability.?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 11:07pm On Nov 20, 2018
ispoa:

by work extensively you mean complete the project?
yap!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 11:08pm On Nov 20, 2018
abi na
guente02:

Still consuming?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 11:18pm On Nov 20, 2018
ispoa:

am I right to say it boils down to your technical ability.?
Largely - but not entirely - yes. Soft skill is easy to demonstrate. Technical skill is to a large extent(IMHO) necessary for one's success in the bootcamp.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sheygz: 6:45am On Nov 21, 2018
Pls how do I properly integrate pivotal tracker to github?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sheygz: 6:50am On Nov 21, 2018
Pls how do I integrate Github with Pivotal tracker cc guente IsArray
isArray:
abi na
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by obatun: 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
Brizzy404:
Am also in cycle 40 but I haven't gotten any feedback as regards the home study test I completed on the 14th of November.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by obatun: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
Please, can someone update me on their Andela cycle 40 application. I completed the home study test before the deadline( Precisely last week wed), and ever since then I have been expecting a feedback.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ispoa(m): 7:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
guente02:

Still consuming?
Do you have to build out functionality to consume you API from your fe to have a chance at the fellowship
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by isArray: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
sheygz:
Pls how do I integrate Github with Pivotal tracker cc guente IsArray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9xwJCm82tE
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 12:37am On Nov 22, 2018
obatun:
Am also in cycle 40 but I haven't gotten any feedback as regards the home study test I completed on the 14th of November.
feedback was sent on the 15th.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 12:49am On Nov 22, 2018
ispoa:

Do you have to build out functionality to consume you API from your fe to have a chance at the fellowship

Kindly clarify your question. I'm having issues understanding it.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Brizzy404: 8:46am On Nov 22, 2018
fxdrizzle:
feedback was sent on the 15th.
What feedback was sent?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fxdrizzle(m): 10:20am On Nov 22, 2018
Brizzy404:

What feedback was sent?
invitation to take the technical assessment on qualified.io
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by teamoneline: 10:38am On Nov 22, 2018
isArray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9xwJCm82tE

bro thanks for this video.. please from 4:59 of the video after the teacher typed "git merge update-readme --no-f" and hit enter..it takes him to another screen .. now the problem is i dont know what he pressed to return back to the normal bash interface after writing his commit message.
please what did key did he press??

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.