Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (622850 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kayor123: 1:14am On Oct 05, 2015
teymugs:

But now the testing system changed!! You don't actually see the results...

So hw will you know your performance before the interview...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by teymugs: 3:52am On Oct 05, 2015
kayor123:

So hw will you know your performance before the interview...

You can't know, but you are given a few seconds to finish ten questions!!!
shocked Now I am going to the bootaCamp, I am looking forward!!!

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kayor123: 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
teymugs:

You can't know, but you are given a few seconds to finish ten questions!!!
shocked Now I am going to the bootaCamp, I am looking forward!!!
Are you the only one going to the bootcamp cause a lot of ppl are saying they have postpone it to dec and you are saying you are looking forward to the bootcamp, pls is it andela kenya or which country pls dont convince me
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
xxiv:

Bro, can we come to you for advice and guidance?

Anytime man, anytime, even when am eating, sleeping, drinking, except when am with my woman shar grin

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
enigmatique:

Nice 1. E ku oriire. (Afterall, if u'll b working in Lag, the earlier u start learning Yoruba the better! :-) )

lol, yes oh bro, the one I know are the ones I will use to communicate with my woman, like Iyawo mi, uhmm... okay! I think that is the only one I know
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
Avast:
can someone without programming knowledge apply?

Sure, you just have to know that there will be a lot of learning to do, what is measured is not how professional you have become, but how much you have learnt in a short time...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Avast(m): 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ramos16:

Sure, you just have to know that there will be a lot of learning to do, what is measured is not how professional you have become, but how much you have learnt in a short time...
thank you brother, i really appreciate
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
Ramos16:

lol, yes oh bro, the one I know are the ones I will use to communicate with my woman, like Iyawo mi, uhmm... okay! I think that is the only one I know
Add these:
E seun - thank you
E joo - please
E ku ise - una well done
smiley
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by checkmateman: 6:39am On Oct 07, 2015
Ramos16:

Ramos during the boot camp, were you taught html and css or only javascript/ruby/python
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 8:10am On Oct 07, 2015
checkmateman:

Ramos during the boot camp, were you taught html and css or only javascript/ruby/python

There are two classes, Ruby and Javascript.... I was given the Ruby
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jacob05(m): 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ramos16:

ramos ramos cool
Ramos16:

ramos ramos B)
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
jacob05:
ramos ramos cool ramos ramos B)

Py Baba, how far, you don leave that your village? grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by GoodBoi1(m): 7:51am On Oct 08, 2015
pls, what kind of commitment is required at Andela for the four years? Does it include not getting married? Or any of product of your ideas belong to the company? or something in that line
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2015
GoodBoi1:
pls, what kind of commitment is required at Andela for the four years? Does it include not getting married? Or any of product of your ideas belong to the company? or something in that line

haha, lol, not getting married? Andela tell you say them wan marry you? on a more serious note, the sought of commitment needed is the same type you will need on any other job, no much different.. And of course you already know, when you work for a company, they pay you to invent stuffs and come up with ideas, whatever you do belongs to the company... Bill Gates, did not create the Win 10 OS, Also Dangote does not even know what chemistry cement or noodles undergo, but they belong to him, cos he paid for it..... Andela is doing much more than most of these organizations, they are teaching you, and paying you to think and invent, which in turn gives you experience that is currently almost unmatchable in the country

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by engrrichie92(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
please house,how do I apply or is it too late?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Samueloladapo(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ichiato:

It says invalid username and password probably becos you have never registered on the site. Make sure you have registered if you haven't

But bro, there is no where to register on the site. and the smarterer site is asking for credit card details. i have finished the homestudy tests i have just not been able to write the test.
and it still keep saying "Be sure to check your email for Assessment Invitations you have recieved, and complete the Assessments as soon as you can."
i am and re-registering using another account. hope that wont have dire consequence.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
Samueloladapo:

But bro, there is no where to register on the site. and the smarterer site is asking for credit card details. i have finished the homestudy tests i have just not been able to write the test.
and it still keep saying "Be sure to check your email for Assessment Invitations you have recieved, and complete the Assessments as soon as you can."
i am and re-registering using another account. hope that wont have dire consequence.

The below is a list of FAQ sent to me by andela and check to see if it applies to you. especially the bolded.

If you're emailing in regard to your application to the Andela fellowship, please check to see if your question is answered in any of the FAQs below:

Q: How does one apply for the fellowship?
A: Please fill in your information at apply.andela.com.

Q: What happens next?
A: Please go over the Home Study curriculum, and once you're done with that, do the Homestudy Test. You will be tested only on the material covered in the curriculum.

Q: The link to the Home Study Test is not opening.
A: If you applied for Class XIII, the Home Study Test link will be emailed to you soon. After which you will have a couple of days to take the test. As you wait for the test link to go live, please go over the Home Study curriculum so that you have a better chance of doing well in the test.

Q: I have a link to Proctor but I can't log in.
A: The instructions on how to log in, including how to input password, are explained at the beginning of the test. Please ensure that you have read them before beginning the test.

Q: The link to the Plum test is not opening.
A: If this happens, please check again periodically to see if it's back up. If not, just go ahead and do your Home Study Test, and we may contact you at a later date to submit your Plum results if it's a technical issue on our end. You will not be penalized for not doing the Plum test if the issue is on our end.

Q: Can I apply to the Andela fellowship in order to fulfill my university course requirements for attachment?
A: Unfortunately not. The Andela fellowship is a 4 year, full time commitment. If you do not currently have that time, please consider applying once that time is available.

Q: I'm still in school. Can I do Andela and school at the same time?
A: Unfortunately not. Please see above. Once you're done with school, then you can apply.

Q: Is there an age limit for candidates considered for the fellowship?
A: There is no age limit for Candidates considered for the fellowship.

Q: Do I need a university degree to apply for the Andela fellowship?
A: No, you don’t

Q: I missed the deadline! sad
A: Don't worry - we have regular intakes so please check apply.andela.com or follow @Andela on Twitter in order to find out about our next intake.

Q: I see that you have a 2 week bootcamp. Can I attend that?
A: The bootcamp is part of the assessment process, and in order to get to that stage you would have to pass the application stage.

We hope that we've answered your questions. If you have a question that isn't covered here, please let us know. If you do not receive a response, please assume that your question was already covered in the FAQs and we're encouraging you to re-read this. smiley

All the best with your application!

The Andela Team

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WafiJoe(m): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
abbeyseto:
Hi guys(and ladies),
You see, for those that complained about being rejected despite their worth, and they feel it's all a joke. The recruitment section of Andela knows what they are doing.

For you to be a good programmer, you need patience and persistence. Know what you want and go for it no matter how many times you fail, only that; learn from each failure before attempting again.

This is like my 7th time of applying to Andela this year, and my third interview with them but from each application, i improve my self in preparation for next application.

Now, I'm going for class XII bootcamp on Monday.

Except you are not passionate about being a world class developer that's when you'll easily give up on opportunities like this.

Applying is not easy; I know that, but hey... You just need to know what you want and go for it.

Fellow prospective bootcampers, see you in JavaScript class on Monday. wink

I just register, is there going to be another batch this year?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sname00(m): 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
enigmatique:

Congratulations bro! So after all the hustle, long journeys and repeated trials, you made it. Congra-very, very, VERY-tulations! :-D
So how do we celebrate it? ;-)

P.S: But why did you and all the other guys grow silent upon resuming camp?

bootcamp was hectic, especially week two
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
sname00:

Wow. That's a prep note for all of us that ain't in yet. Thanks.

And how did it eventually go? Can I start congratulating you too?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
hello, people. So, I applied for this program in August, but didn't scale past the interview for the bootcamp. I've decided to give it another shot. Do I register with the same email as before? I understand some people who did had problems with their tests scores which kept showing the older score.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
Obi1kenobi:
hello, people. So, I applied for this program in August, but didn't scale past the interview for the bootcamp. I've decided to give it another shot. Do I register with the same email as before? I understand some people who did had problems with their tests scores which kept showing the older score.

By now they should have removed the email from the list, so you can try it, but my strong advice is to use another mail..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hello Fam. I registered for andela XIII on October 14th n got a mail same day to take the plum test on Sunday September 20th. Though av bin taking the home study test, i hope i wont av to redo the home study test wen they send a rectified date for the plum test. Am 90 percent done with html/css. Javascript to follow. Someone pls reply.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Google63(m): 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
ellad2k4eva:
Hello Fam. I registered for andela XIII on October 14th n got a mail same day to take the plum test on Sunday September 20th. Though av bin taking the home study test, i hope i wont av to redo the home study test wen they send a rectified date for the plum test. Am 90 percent done with html/css. Javascript to follow. Someone pls reply.
Keep practicing, but concentrate more on javascript. Application will close in December, so the test should be December too. Just focus on the home study test for now.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sname00(m): 7:50am On Oct 18, 2015
enigmatique:
Wow. That's a prep note for all of us that ain't in yet. Thanks.

And how did it eventually go? Can I start congratulating you too?
went well, we thank God. starting in November

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2015
sname00 and Ramos16, I pray that you guys and other Andela fellows will soon give us an article/listicle of the pieces of advice u av 4 prospective candidates. (Personally, whatever you say, I've got time to do it coz I'm halfway through my service year.)
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2015
sname00:

went well, we thank God. starting in November
Tres bien mon ami! Congratulations! Do go and set new positive records bro.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by engrrichie92(m): 11:48am On Oct 22, 2015
enigmatique:

Tres bien mon ami! Congratulations! Do go and set new positive records bro.
Congrats man, i got their mail(the 20th september date).. i guess it's study till one gets the real date right
please sent you a pm, will need a mentor on this whole process..pleasssse reply!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by engrrichie92(m): 11:54am On Oct 22, 2015
sname00:

Congrats man,i just applied and just got their mail(the 20th september date).. i guess it's study till one gets the real date right
please sent you a pm, will need a mentor on this whole process..pleasssse reply!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by engrrichie92(m): 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ramos16:
beloved n'landers, Help me thank baba God for blessing me.. Have gotten my offer to be an Andela fellow.. Wish all prospective fellows the best.. The road is long, but the reward is worth the try

Congrats man, i also wanna join you up there bro..sent you pm, pleaaase reply!, i have questions and need mentors
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by engrrichie92(m): 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ichiato:

The below is a list of FAQ sent to me by andela and check to see if it applies to you. especially the bolded.

please im confused.. what's the difference between the home study test and the plum test i just applied for the fellow xiii and they sent me a link for plum test dated to be taken on or before 20th september, 2015(which is obviously past)...please help clarify as im so confused
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by engrrichie92(m): 12:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
WafiJoe:

I just register, is there going to be another batch this year?
after application, please what next sir...coz i got a test link for the plum test on or before 20th september, 2015(wrong date)
is it thesame with you please??

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.