Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues - NYSC (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues (35191 Views)

How Corper Is Changing Lives In Abia Community (Photos) / Students Attack Corpers With Cutlass In Abia / NYSC Introduces Self-deployment For Prospective Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
filiks:

I said it sometime ago, northerners might be able to identify the BH bastards at a glance and differentiate between an innocent muslim and a BH bastard but to the easterners, every muslim is a suspect!

Please to avoid the storm that's been looming. I advice every Nigerian youth to do something for the first time in their lives!, don't go to other regions in the name of "youth service" until the whole security problem is solved!

The people posting you don't care about you! They only care about the moneys allocated for the program!, the plenty contracts(NYSC uniforms etc)!

The aim of the program has been long defeated! Stop the damn program! It ain't working!!!
Thatz a fact! Coming down here, being posted to a ppa where all i do is to sign and sit with no added experience gained concerning ma profession doesn't worth it at all... Need to go back to my southwest where my life is valued and will have the chance to use my brain for the land.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Mega2010(m): 11:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
We must not hear a bomb blast before we start taking security measures.what else will the govt say if not on top of the situation,you guys are complaining even when no one is killed already,if you have visited a bombed site,you will send all muslims out of Abia state,wonder how to differentiate a mechanic from a mad man

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
Mega2010: We must not hear a bomb blast before we start taking security measures.what else will the govt say if not on top of the situation,you guys are complaining even when no one is killed already,if you have visited a bombed site,you will send all muslims out of Abia state,wonder how to differentiate a mechanic from a mad man
Exactly! Infact, if I were in their situation, I'll avoid speaking my own language publicly to avoid unnecessary attention. Speaking your language publicly in a foreign environment will only make you a target suspect. They should learn to blend and adapt!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by godsI(m): 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ibnsultan: We have been saying these #stopethnicProfiling of northerners in the east. We will begin to take direct action against these useless trend
What 'trend' will ye embark on, i wonder. Attack any old Eastern regioner in the north and feel the full force of Nigerian military wrath on your community. The north are yet to realise what they have conjured against themselves in the name of fighting Jonathan. GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by futurenix(m): 11:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
elbashyr: Most of the every hausaman boko haram are not even SSCE holders,
and u will c them opening their @@@@@ mouth calling a man that has MSc and PHD
in UK, just because he tribe is hausa.
its unfortunate.
why is it dat hausa ppl dont refer to every NIGER DELTA man as MILITANT
OR every IGBO MAN as KIDNAPPER.

boko haram means western education is a sin.
when i have phd in engrng, medicine, ...............etc and u dont have a simple SSCE cert then
who is the real boko haram between us.

i comment my reserve.

People have lost their relatives to charcoal that even a funeral with the corpse was not possible and you are comparing PHD and SSCE holders. So because someone has a PHD the other with SSCE should take bullets from him. I don't know the constituents of the gray matter in your brain but I think you are not okay. And for the record, some of your supposed PHD holders are related to "shoe shinners" for the SSCE holders.
Be territorial south easterner s if that will add a day for you in this beautiful world that the juice is still yet to be released. No adult will allow soap into his eyes while he is in a pond.

" IF NO BE YOU NA YOUR BROTHER"

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by guiddoti: 12:15am On Jul 10, 2014
Yask2guy: It is of no news that the security challenges in Abia state has gotten to the extent of being vigilant over the issues concerning scares of bokoharam insurgents due to false acquisition of about 400 traders travelling through the state.
This led to scares amidst the dwellers of the state and as such got to the extent of accusing any Muslims (even just by names) in the state as bokoharam counterparts. Even when it is very clear to them that most of us are from the south western part of the country.
This is not the first time a Muslim corps member will be harassed publicly, even when fully kitted.
They have started calling us bokoharams to the extent of arresting a fully identified (Muslim) corps member at umuahia, abia state. Threatening him after his release that he will be dealt with if he is found again in the state.
The information getting to we residing at the MCAN's lodge in Umuahia now is that if there is any bokoharam attack in Abia state, the first places they will go to ransack are the MCAN lodges.
This must stop...
They are really threatening our lives here... We are going back home!
I'ii advise you go home. Aba can be very funny on this issue. This is what bokoharam has turned our beloved country to. For your best interest, leave Aba as soon as possible before riot begins. Any rumour can trigger Aba traders into what you are seeing now.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by guiddoti: 12:40am On Jul 10, 2014
There is a problem of real identity in Nigeria. All deltans and rivers are called igbos by yorubas. This is where all problems lie. Until when we can truely identify our ethnicity, we will continue to generalise. Op shouldnt be suprised that Aba traders called all muslims bokoharam.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by blakky97(m): 12:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Those bastard BH have finally achieved their aim- to scatter nigeria, to bring one group against the other. Unknown to us- we have a common enemy- BH!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by chibuzz89: 12:50am On Jul 10, 2014
tongue ok
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by chibuzz89: 12:56am On Jul 10, 2014
You don't have to blame them...being a Nigerian travelling to the states..we go through several security checks all becos we are all regarded as terrorist which is false...so it's not out of place if Muslims are being checked properly in places where they are minors...like the saying...all terrorist are Muslim but not all Muslims are terrorist..so we need to nip out the terrorist from the Muslims before we get consumed and how do we do that..............that's what is happening in Abia..so please bear with them just like we all are for the sake of one Nigeria...
If you think am bias...let ur relation be affected and you'll see if you can stand close to a muslim..sorry aboki muslim..

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Kezifils(m): 7:02am On Jul 10, 2014
Ugele: where did u get ur facts. The fastest growing religion in d world today is Islam both Europe and US. Google it and reply me.

How does this relate to what I said? Islam might be fast growing, I dont care. U can also google and find out urself wat the muslims in US went tru and re still going tru today.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 10, 2014
Ibnsultan: We have been saying these #stopethnicProfiling of northerners in the east. We will begin to take direct action against these useless trend
whatever..i wish yall take that action now and declare ur arewa republic.
A stitch in time saves 9
#ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 10, 2014
tbaba1234:

That is untrue. No where are christians arrested for walking around christian.

No basis for comparison
if a christian was accosted n arrested in da north while walking around n 4 being christian,that wudda bn way far better than shooting them point blank n blowing their brains off n spreading their arsses over town with some ieds. Its called taking precautions.
#to your tents everybody

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by OgologoDimkpa: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2014
Frenchkiss564: Boko haram or no boko haramtruth be told, igbos dont like islam and anything it represents, according to my igbo friend it is like a taboo to be a muslim in alaibo
Likes!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by elbashyr(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2014
futurenix:

People have lost their relatives to charcoal that even a funeral with the corpse was not possible and you are comparing PHD and SSCE holders. So because someone has a PHD the other with SSCE should take bullets from him. I don't know the constituents of the gray matter in your brain but I think you are not okay. And for the record, some of your supposed PHD holders are related to "shoe shinners" for the SSCE holders.
Be territorial south easterner s if that will add a day for you in this beautiful world that the juice is still yet to be released. No adult will allow soap into his eyes while he is in a pond.

" IF NO BE YOU NA YOUR BROTHER"
I just couldnt understand any thing frm what u ar saying.....pls be mindful of how u speak, if u dont understand with I said ask some one to put u through.u ar an example of the ppl am talking about I think.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Frenchkiss564: 10:32am On Jul 10, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: Likes!
thanks bro, but islam is gradually creeping into southeast, thier is a plan for an islamic university in ebonyi
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Shinery0123(m): 11:23am On Jul 10, 2014
londoner:

Okay, noble quest, but what are you doing to change the mindset of the ones in the North who are becoming Jihadists?

Did it prick your conscience, as much as this, to do or say something to change mindsets, when those mind sets meant death to your fellow Nigerians in the north, just because they are Christians, or even now your fellow Muslims?

There are people here getting sooooo angry over harassment, but can't even sympathise with a tribe who have had to "welcome" many body bags of their young men and women who simply lived in or went to serve the nation.

How does that one work? Are people in denial?
i'm glad u mentioned that they kill muslims too. It is too obvious that something is hitchy and that sumtin is what Nigerians, every religion, should try and find and tackle bt instead we allowed ourselves to be deceived. In islam killing is an unpardonable sin, even an unbeliever except guilty of a charge. The Bokoharamists kills muslim which is b4 Allah, u killed 1000 men. U can see how grave it is. Boko haramists fooled us by reciting the Qur'an and claiming they are muslims which i strongly believe is just for disguise. The truth shall be made known and the real perpetrators will be known. #we have a common enemy.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
[quote
author=Frenchkiss564] thanks bro, but islam is gradually creeping into
southeast, thier is a plan for an islamic university in ebonyi[/quote] U av just mentioned wat Christians are after. i.e Der4 derviatn pple 4rm islam 2 christianity bt it z a lie! Allah's willing Islam will grow faster 2 all 4corners of Nigeria..Let us be! kilode?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by OgologoDimkpa: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
Frenchkiss564: thanks bro, but islam is gradually creeping into southeast, thier is a plan for an islamic university in ebonyi
When finally built, the structure will be destroyed overnight.
Alaigbo would not be polluted with the evil religion Islam angry.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
[quote
author=Shinery0123] i'm glad u mentioned that they kill muslims too. It
is too obvious that something is hitchy and that sumtin is what
Nigerians, every religion, should try and find and tackle bt instead we
allowed ourselves to be deceived. In islam killing is an unpardonable
sin, even an unbeliever except guilty of a charge. The Bokoharamists
kills muslim which is b4 Allah, u killed 1000 men. U can see how grave
it is. Boko haramists fooled us by reciting the Qur'an and claiming they
are muslims which i strongly believe is just for disguise. The truth
shall be made known and the real perpetrators will be known. #we have a
common enemy.[/quote] U av just spoken my mind bro! How i wish everybody can av d same thinkn as ours...i concur with u!kudos!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2014
Where are d Christians on NL? u nah never hear am? A student of Redeemer University Killed z 60 year father. He went 2 an extent of slaughtern z father lyk a Cow. U never commented on dat issue. had it been it was a Muslim hmmm...
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
[quote
author=Azboy34]Where are d Christians on NL? u nah never hear am? A
student of Redeemer University Killed z 60 year father. He went 2 an
extent of slaughtern z father lyk a Cow. U never commented on dat
issue. had it been it was a Muslim hmmm... [/quote] D guy in question is a Christians oo bt d guy z against Christ( Diz one nah Christian Haram o).. Jesus z lord indeed! infact, he z workn! JESUS abi Esu..it indeed a Pity!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by kishimi8(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ngokafor:

...The Irony is that they may feel the same towards you as well if you are a muslim..dont blame Igbos for being human and wanting to protect themselves,rather blame your homicidal brothers for being so blood-thirsty.

Funny thing is all them guys were born and brought up in kano . They have never been attacked nor insulted by anyone in my area. They all attended northern unis. 1 in maiduguri 1 in yola. And the last in kano.. Speak hausa like hausa men .. I doubt they will think like the ibos down east cuz they will know the truth about who is da real!: BH

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Azboy34(m): 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: When finally built, the structure will be destroyed overnight.
Alaigbo would not be polluted with the evil religion Islam angry.
Alaigbo has succeeded in making ur Broda(a Christian) killed z 60 yrs old Father..A Redeemer University Student 2 be precised:. U never commented on dat issue.. Jesus abi Esu z lord indeed!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Antivirus92(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
Frenchkiss564: thanks bro, but islam is gradually creeping into southeast, thier is a plan for an islamic university in ebonyi
islam is not in any means creeping into igboland. Islam is a taboo in southeast and will always be. Since i was in primary school, there is plan to build an islamic school in ebonyi, uptill now nothing has been done!
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by samplanner(m): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
Azboy34: Where are d Christians on NL? u nah never hear am? A student of Redeemer University Killed z 60 year father. He went 2 an extent of slaughtern z father lyk a Cow. U never commented on dat issue. had it been it was a Muslim hmmm...

I hav bin following ur comments, u havnt made a single truth talk here. u ar jst blinded by religion. let me tell u somtin u dnt knw, i am a northern christian and i bliv u r a Muslim frm d south west. bt d point am making here is dt Islam in north is nt dsame as Islam in ur area. xtians in d north suffer persecution on daily basis especially in places where Muslim are d majority and so it is all over d world. wen Moslems notice de r d majority in a particular region de alws cause problem.
wen boko haram were killing us in churches at it early stage no single Muslim came out to condemn it bt now dt God has brogt confusions among dem by killing both sides Muslims all over d country begin to rant.
post election violence alone indicates Islam is wicked. in d north xtians were killed bcs buhari lost, our churches got burnt, our houses got burnt down bcs gudluck won d election.
d Denmark cartoon, d miss world issue , a woman was burnt in gombe jst bcs she collected Quran from a student cheating during IRK exams. hmmm am Hapi am a xtian.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
Yask2guy: It is of no news that the security challenges in Abia state has gotten to the extent of being vigilant over the issues concerning scares of bokoharam insurgents due to false acquisition of about 400 traders travelling through the state.
This led to scares amidst the dwellers of the state and as such got to the extent of accusing any Muslims (even just by names) in the state as bokoharam counterparts. Even when it is very clear to them that most of us are from the south western part of the country.
This is not the first time a Muslim corps member will be harassed publicly, even when fully kitted.
They have started calling us bokoharams to the extent of arresting a fully identified (Muslim) corps member at umuahia, abia state. Threatening him after his release that he will be dealt with if he is found again in the state.
The information getting to we residing at the MCAN's lodge in Umuahia now is that if there is any bokoharam attack in Abia state, the first places they will go to ransack are the MCAN lodges.
This must stop...
They are really threatening our lives here... We are going back home!

Are there no Boko haram south westerners?

Tell them to post you to Bornu or Yobe so you can blend in better
If Boko haram bombs anywhere in Abia state,don't expect to be safe
The same machinery they are using to safeguard abians from attack you call harassment
What would you do if you were in their shoes?
If Togolese started to bomb Lagos,won't you suspect any Togolese in Lagos state of having a sinister motive?
Same deal
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ngokafor:

...The Irony is that they may feel the same towards you as well if you are a muslim..dont blame Igbos for being human and wanting to protect themselves,rather blame your homicidal brothers for being so blood-thirsty.

Exactly
Igbos say that a man that has killed a snake in his house must be careful of any thing longish within the vicinity
I don't blame them for scrutinizing any suspects
Don't harass them but scrutinize them well
Dem no dey write Boko haram for face
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Alenkakent(m): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
Coldfeet: I know a lot of Yoruba Christian/Muslims that have brains and actually use it! You on the other hand have just shown me one that doesn't.
We know ur type...
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by Coldfeet(f): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
Alenkakent:
We know ur type...
Good for you and them.
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by akiOYIBO: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
yokiti: My dear compatriot, I will advice you and your colleagues to please do everything that is legal to protect yourselves. Also, remember those security tips made available for you in camp. May God see you people through and your selfless service to fatherland will not cut short your destinies.
does it imply by any means that those coppers who witnessed pain and death at the hands of Northern Muslims render Selfish service to the nation?
Re: Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues by dorox(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
Azboy34: Where are d Christians on NL? u nah never hear am? A student of Redeemer University Killed z 60 year father. He went 2 an extent of slaughtern z father lyk a Cow. U never commented on dat issue. had it been it was a Muslim hmmm...
The student did not do it in the name of his religion, that is what makes his crime different from boko haram's that bless every atrocities they commit in the name of Allah and his messenger Muhammad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / My Girlfriend Is Pregnant. Can She Go To NYSC Camp Without Marriage Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.