Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

If I Were You, I Will..... - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / If I Were You, I Will..... (3245 Views)

What Will Happen If I Dont Show Up For My Pop / I Wish I Were Nysc Cloth / Please,what Can I Do If I Don't Want To Work In My PPA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
If I were a corp member like you, I will think more of what I will do after youth service and learn from the mistake of others ahead of you. Corp members are usually carried away with the allowance at the end or beginning of each month that they forget to learn and add to themselves to be relevant in the reality world after service. I hope you know, it is not about your first class or second class upper but about what you can do out there. You can have comparative advantage if you know what many dont know or have what many dont have. How do you know if you
are not informed? No way. You can only know if you are informed and then have if you make use of the information. Have you ever tried to call many of your senior corper colleagues who have passed out of service about jobs and so on? If you have not, I think you should do. This will help you to understand reality and what I am trying to say. These are the options you have, believe it or not
Get a job (good or not)
Start a business
Go back to school for higher degrees (In Nigeria of today, it is not a guarantee of job after)
Travel out of the country for greener pastures abroad.

I aint scaring you with this post but arousing your strength and telling you to think deeply about your situation and future so as to take the necessary steps.Facing these four options as listed above, you need to

Know that you have to start sending your CVs and start applying for jobs now even while serving. You need to also start writing aptitude tests and attending interviews for jobs when you are called even while serving.
You need to know what business to start, capital required, rudiments of the business and so on. If going back to school, you need to know the course you want to get a M.Sc or M.A on. Something that has to do with your passion and considering that it can also help you get a job quickly in Nigeria.
To travel out, you need to know where to go which is affordable and good for you to make progress in life, you need to start browsing the internet, searching for opportunities abroad and so on. However, the best way to travel out is through schooling, so you may search along this line. Exams to be done and so on. There are many funding opportunities that you could also get if you search the internet well. But I think as a corp member, you need to have basic information about some things. If you are going into business or not, I believe you should know about business ideas and ways to start something on your own. You should also begin to solve Aptitude test of the major companies in Nigeria. You also need to start solving GRE, GMAT questions in case you want to write such exams. You may also need to acquire some vocational skills. All
these will give you the needed push to being favoured after school.

I implore you to go through this thread to learn about some business ideas you can work on.

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

The book on it is also available and many nairalanders have been ordering this book which has been tremendously helpful. I aconsidering that I make it cheaper for corp members to get. Tell your colleagues at your PPA, in NCCF, NACC, NMCS and during your CDS. Dont be selfish with information. You are meant to help people and people are meant to help you too in every step of life. For corp members, the book is brought from N2500 to N1500. Strictly reduced for corp members. I need this book to circulate around as many corp members as possible, I need your suggestions to realise this. And if you can help spread this info, please do. You are free to contact me here by replying this post in case of a question.

1 Like

Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 10:27am On Jul 18, 2014
Hello,

I am Kayode and introducing some packages to you which together is called the TOTAL PACKAGE. It contains materials and write-ups on getting things done and improving one's life. These are collections from my experience as a business consultant, online/offline business commentator on nairaland and linkedin, academic commentator as a general life coach.

FIRST PACKAGE contains the following:
Ideas of starting a Transport Business (Haulage, Passenger Inter and Intra State Transport Biz) including the Profits and cost analysis.
Ideas for particular businesses which are new ideas with particular target markets e.g starting food vendoring or restaurant businesses on campuses etc.
Innovative ideas that work abroad which can also work in Nigeria based on the need.
Packaging products for effective marketing
How to start a Poultry business - Profits and cost analysis
Snail rearing business - Profits and cost analysis
Goat farming business - Profits and cost analysis
Fish farming business - Profits and cost analysis
Pig farming business - Profits and cost analysis
Vegetable Farming including pepper, tomatoes - Profit and cost analysis
Steps on how to write a business plan/proposal that works locally and Internationally with sample.
How to make money on the internet as a ecommerce broker and understanding International Markets and Terms.
Contacts of oversea buyers of products such as Cocoa, soyabeans, cassava chips, cashew nuts, crude oil, ginger.
Some tips about downstream sector of Oil especially procuring and selling Kerosene (DPK) and other petroleum products (AGO, PMS).
Tech start-up ideas that programmers and coders could develop in Nigeria and make money.

SECOND PACKAGE
Practice Questions for GRE, GMAT and various Job aptitude tests, Tips on getting foreign scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate studies and travelling abroad generally.

Even if you dont need this package, you can tell someone or buy for student, retiree, graduates seeking job or business to do, this is your own way of helping someone. This is an opportunity for you. INFORMATION IS POWER. In a few months time, I may not be available for consulting or giving out this information as I will be fully engaged with my PhD studies in Canada. This is why I am taking this opportunity to you. Make hay while the sun shines. The package is available for just N2,000 (not up to the amount you spend on airtime a month). Feel free to ask questions.

Yours in progress
Kayode

NB: You can check my threads on the following links that could be helpful to you one way or the other.

or
https://www.nairaland.com/1182280/funds-not-business-actually-need
and
https://www.nairaland.com/1418866/process-admission-germany-south-korean
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by samuelkingz(m): 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hello sir....really liked your post sir...am about preparing for my nysc nd my plan is to travel abroad...what could be your advise for me...by d way i studied mass communication wit a good 2:1..thanks for your advise
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2015
@Samuelkingz...just checked this thread now after a long time. Like I indicated, I've been busy. Sometimes, it just takes you doing the needful. If you want to travel abroad, you just need to browse the internet for schools. It is easy if you have a sponsor or have the money to pay fees. But if you are looking for funding in terms of scholarship, you will need to triple your effort of searching for scholarship and funding offers on the internet and always send emails to inquire even if it looks like you may not qualify for it. My advice to people is that it doesn't cost anything to send emails and you have nothing to lose, the worst that you can get as reply will be 'No'. So just try it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by youngestb14: 2:18am On Nov 19, 2015
@kayleg I need ur contact cos I need this book for about 400-500 corp members.how do I get d book.this is my no:08069455050.pls contact me
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
Just saw this and I felt I should share with corp members here: Visit the link as posted below:

http://www.boi.ng/graduate-entrepreneurship-fund/

You can get funding to start a business for which you have been trained for. Most corp members have been trained on one skill or the other through the skill acquisition programme for corpers and here is an opportunity to get funds to start something. However, the people who will get the funds are those with better ideas of how to do things. In relation to a post I made more than a year ago here for corpers, this is where it counts. Check the thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1805899/

It is very important to grab opportunities whenever they come your way. Not everybody will tell you what they are doing or did to make it, it might just be one information that they have that gives them a comparative advantage over you. You can further spike up your imagination and ideas with information from a thread of mine which has had a god view here on nairaland. You will learn one or two things from there:

or
https://www.nairaland.com/1182280/funds-not-business-actually-need

I even made an ebook out of this thread which many people got here on nairaland and doing wonders for them, though not free of charge. But all in all, I am challenging you to do something, take this Bank of Industry opportunity and avoid being joining the backlog of Nigerian graduates without job. My two cents. Wishing you a fulfilled life.
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
I am surprised that corpers have not responded so much with this information. It bothers me when I see youths don't take opportunities. Now that the naira is falling, agricultural investments is the way to go. Many people have not prepared for it but the few that have prepared for it will be the better for it. Whenever you see information like this, don't despise it. Life is more than just praying to get a good job. You have to plan for it, you have to take the bulls by the horn, you have to seize opportunities. You have to spend the little you have to get what will benefit you. You have to read books, attend business seminars and network. You have to ask questions. What else do I have that gives me a comparative advantage over others when we apply for the same job? These are some of the questions you ask yourself. Believe me, there are more than enough qualified Nigerian graduates for jobs that are available. I expected questions from corpers on issues like this. The forex issue and blockage of foreign currency is to stimulate the Nigerian economy to start production for export. It is to stop our reliance on oil and start something else. Agriculture and other related business is the way to go now. I discussed many of this on my thread and I want people to take advantage of it. That is how I can continue to contribute to the economy and people's lives. I am a Nigerian based abroad now and I also have business interests in Nigeria. Please always seize opportunities.
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 6:57am On Jan 10, 2017
I have been around for quite a while as a nairalander and I am always looking out to help with advices/information. I have had discussions with many corp members who are usually concerned about the unemployment situation in the country and sincerely it pains me that one cannot really help this situation.
One advice I can give to corp members is that they can study further abroad and create better opportunities for themselves elsewhere. But someone may ask; why should I travel out to make it? Yes, it is important to know that life waits for no man and one will have to determine to live a better life at one point in time. Why do you think you have to wait for jobs when you can try other things that may be better? It is a reality that jobs are hard to come by in Nigeria these days. Even if you will not travel out of the country to study, it is good to always give it a try. Not that it is guaranteed you travel out, but it is worth everything to always try. One may also ask: but I don't know what to do or how to go about it? Well, this is why I am writing this. You can have access to the right information on your mobile now at any time. I will like to point you to a mobile app which has information summarily packaged about studies in Germany, South Korea, Norway, Canada, Belgium, France. It talks about the processes involved in getting admissions, what to do, schools to apply to and weekly updated news on opportunities/scholarships. Other benefits are embedded. It is less than 2 USD (precisely 770 naira for Nigerians) and you can download it here:
http://kayjegs.com/index.php/app-download

Feel free to ask questions.
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
For opportunities and information, you can check out the latest post on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3564483/jobs-not-coming-why-dont
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Check out the latest post on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3564483/jobs-not-coming-why-dont
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 4:32pm On May 26, 2017
This thread will help you today if you are business minded:

Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by Idogbeadeoluu(m): 1:32pm On May 27, 2017
Please Kayode how can I get the book ? please drop your number
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 2:32pm On May 27, 2017
Idogbeadeoluu:
Please Kayode how can I get the book ? please drop your number

Thanks for your mail. You can pay online and get it via this website:
http://kayjegs.com/index.php/app-download
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
You asked for it and here it is. You can now download my travel abroad mobile app (android) free of charge. The app contains most information you need to know about schools abroad, how to apply etc. It also contains information on immigration programmes such as Canada skilled workers immigration programmes etc. Visit: http://kayjegs.com/index.php/shop to download. Have a wonderful day.
Re: If I Were You, I Will..... by kayjegs: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
You can download the app on google playstore now. Search for "Travel abroad" on google playstore and download the app. I welcome feedbacks on what and what you want included. This is the first version. You will get information needed to study abroad or immigrate abroad easily.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Female Nysc Corper A Nigerian?? / NYSC: Please When Is 2017 Batch A Pop, April 12th Or May 3rd? / Pls Can Anyone Rate Exclusion Letter In The Labour Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.