Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... (4193 Views)

New NGO Jobs Are Available (8 Positions) / These Six Jobs Are Expected To Be In Hot Demand In 2019. Check Them Out / Seven New NGO Jobs Are Now Available! Apply! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... by kayjegs: 7:19am On Jan 10, 2017
If jobs are not coming, you can try starting a business with very simple ideas. There are very interesting threads on nairaland here especially in the business section where you can get ideas of what to do a little or no cost. I have explained so much about business ideas in some of my threads: https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need
Another way to try something else is to try travel out the country either to further your schooling and so on. You can do 2 years diploma courses in some countries like Canada abroad and you get very good jobs combined with your already owned degree. You can read more on a newly created thread of mine where I was advicing corp members and applicable to job seekers: https://www.nairaland.com/3564454/advice-corp-members
Asides these, there are hardly any other ways for youths in Nigeria because the economy is not in good shape and the jobs are not really there. Try to equip yourself with information at all cost. Wishing you the best in your pursuit of good things in life.

2 Likes

Re: If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... by kayjegs: 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
I will be trying to bring opportunities on this page for job seekers who might be thinking of another route (study abroad) to good life. I get lots of questions through my old nairaland threads about where to do a MSc degree in Germany.

For Engineering, you can check out this school in Germany: University of Tubingen. See website: https://www.uni-tuebingen.de/en/university.html

You can give Australia a try as well. Check Melbourne International Graduate Research Scholarships for Masters and PhD 2017/2018. Fields of study eligible are Faculty of Business and Economics, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, Faculy of Science, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Graduate school of Humanities and Social Sciences, Melbourne conservatorium of Music, Graduate school of education, school of design, school of engineering, school of information, college of Arts. See website: http://fbe.unimelb.edu.au/scholarships/opportunities
Re: If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... by kayjegs: 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
If you are between 18 and 23 years and you are passionate about changing your society or community, you can apply for the Global Youth summit 2017. It comes up between 16 - 20 July in Switzerland. This is a way of building yourself up and your resume.
Deadline for application is January 31, 2017.

Visit their site for details: http://global-changemakers.net/events-1.html?utm_source=Iterable&utm_campaign=iterable_CAN_Jan_18_2017_%20Global%20Youth%20Summit_application&utm_medium=email
Re: If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... by kayjegs: 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hello and how are you doing today?

Have you heard about the Travel abroad app. This is a mobile android app which gives you information you need to know about travelling abroad for schooling or to settle down.

What you stand to gain with Travel abroad app:

Users will get information about tuition-free schooling in Germany for postgraduate and undergraduate studies. And also users will know schools that could do some undergraduate courses in English.

Users will get information about South Korea and the schools to apply to in South Korea. How to get assured admissions.

Users will get information about schools in Canada where you can apply for graduate and undergraduate studies. Many of the affordable and high admission rate schools in Canada are in this app.

Users will get information about schools to apply to in Norway which are mostly tuition free.

Users will get information on Canada express entry programme, Australian immigration programme and how to go about applying for permanent residency.

Users will be inundated with new information about scholarships and other opportunities that they can easily apply for.

Users are notfied of changes in Governmental policies abroad. For example, users can get first hand information about the Canadian express entry draw updates, provincial nominee programmes etc.

Users can also get help from me by asking questions directly about anything regarding to travelling out.

I have been a member of nairaland since 2009 and I have contributed immensely to many threads on travel in Nairaland plus I have advised a lot of people who are abroad today. Don't waste time on paying astronomical fees to consultants, get this app today.

Visit to download app: www.kayjegs.com/index.php/app-download

Visit our facebook page for more details: https://www.facebook.com/Travel-Abroad-App-304741743256898/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Have a great day
Re: If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... by 144(m): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2017
kayjegs:
Hello and how are you doing today?

Have you heard about the Travel abroad app. This is a mobile android app which gives you information you need to know about travelling abroad for schooling or to settle down.

What you stand to gain with Travel abroad app:

Users will get information about tuition-free schooling in Germany for postgraduate and undergraduate studies. And also users will know schools that could do some undergraduate courses in English.

Users will get information about South Korea and the schools to apply to in South Korea. How to get assured admissions.

Users will get information about schools in Canada where you can apply for graduate and undergraduate studies. Many of the affordable and high admission rate schools in Canada are in this app.

Users will get information about schools to apply to in Norway which are mostly tuition free.

Users will get information on Canada express entry programme, Australian immigration programme and how to go about applying for permanent residency.

Users will be inundated with new information about scholarships and other opportunities that they can easily apply for.

Users are notfied of changes in Governmental policies abroad. For example, users can get first hand information about the Canadian express entry draw updates, provincial nominee programmes etc.

Users can also get help from me by asking questions directly about anything regarding to travelling out.

I have been a member of nairaland since 2009 and I have contributed immensely to many threads on travel in Nairaland plus I have advised a lot of people who are abroad today. Don't waste time on paying astronomical fees to consultants, get this app today.

Visit to download app: www.kayjegs.com/index.php/app-download

Visit our facebook page for more details: https://www.facebook.com/Travel-Abroad-App-304741743256898/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Have a great day
how do i get this app
Re: If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... by kayjegs: 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2017
Hello 144, did you try downloading the app through the link I provided in the post?
Re: If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... by kayjegs: 4:34pm On May 26, 2017
This might help someone:

M.Sc. Global Change Ecology, Germany - 4 weeks left - Apply now
We would like to advertise the application deadline this summer for an attractive and intense international MSc study program in Global Change Ecology at the University of Bayreuth in Germany. Either you in person or bachelor students and graduates around may be interested in this qualification.
The program is devoted to understanding and analyzing the most important and consequential environmental concern of the 21st century; namely, the ecological consequences of Global Change, especially the effects of climate change and biodiversity loss. One of the program's focus is the linking of natural science and socio-economic perspectives. The international program is realized in close contact with research institutions, NGOs and companies and administration. Our study program has been acknowledged by the United Nations as an observer organization. During the last years, we received applications from more than 70 countries.
Teaching language is in English. Accepted candidates do not have to pay tuition fees.
Applicants from any academic background that is related to the scope of this study program are welcome to apply. Applications can be uploaded on the Online Application portal.
The deadline is 15th of June 2017. Please, check the link for application details: https://www.bayceer.uni-bayreuth.de/gce/en/lehre/gru/html.php?id_obj=39882

PhD opportunity in fisheries social-ecological systems
We are seeking a highly qualified candidate interested in pursuing an PhD in fisheries socio- economics in the Great Lakes basin, to complement our work on environmental and climate change, and their associated impacts on fisheries. Based at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and in conjunction with the Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research at the University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, this is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of understanding one of Canada's most economically-important (estimated value > $7 billion/year), but least-understood fisheries, and to develop highly sought-after interdisciplinary and quantitative research skills.
Fisheries within the Great Lakes represent a variety of interests, including commercial, recreational, and subsistence sectors, and yet little to no attention has been paid to them as important social-ecological systems. That is, our understanding of who is fishing and why, what the value of these fisheries are, or where catches are ultimately consumed is limited. Recreational fisheries are thought to be particularly important for disadvantaged people who rely on these fisheries to supplement their diet. This lack of information coincides with dramatic, environmentally-driven change in the composition of Great Lakes food-webs, suggesting a high potential for mismanagement of associated fisheries in the future. This project will attempt to describe and quantify the socio-economic influencers on Great Lakes fisheries, as well the resulting socio-economic impacts from these fisheries.

The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate background in Biology, Environmental Governance, Science, Policy or a related discipline, preferably with experience in, or knowledge of, quantitative and qualitative social research methods. Candidates should also have (i) the ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment, (ii) strong written and oral communication skills and (iii) experience conducting fieldwork. Most critically they will have a demonstrated ability to work as a constructive and positive member of a team. Competitive stipend, opportunities to TA, and funding for national and international conference travel will be provided.
Contact information: For more information or to express your interest please contact Professors Aaron MacNeil (a.macneil@dal.ca), Megan Bailey (megan.bailey@dal.ca), or Aaron Fisk (afisk@uwindsor.ca)
Re: If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... by kayjegs: 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
You asked for it and here it is. You can now download my travel abroad mobile app (android) free of charge. The app contains most information you need to know about schools abroad, how to apply etc. It also contains information on immigration programmes such as Canada skilled workers immigration programmes etc. Visit: http://kayjegs.com/index.php/shop to download. Have a wonderful day.
Re: If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... by kayjegs: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2017
You can download the app on google playstore now. Search for "Travel abroad" on google playstore and download the app. I welcome feedbacks on what and what you want included. This is the first version. You will get information needed to study abroad or immigrate abroad easily.

(1) (Reply)

See What I Saw On The Nigerian Prisons Service Site This Morning / Lotus Beta Analytics Nigeria Ltd Test Invite / N-Power: How To Fix "Error" Messages When Updating Account Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.