Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,677 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Greatness—the Greatest Form Of Revenge! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Greatness—the Greatest Form Of Revenge! (736 Views)

PD / Man Bites Snake To Death In Revenge For Biting Him / Greatness, The Way. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Greatness—the Greatest Form Of Revenge! by cj4someone(m): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
Read and digest this:

“People may hate you but when you succeed, then you’d have answered them in the most effective way…people can argue about your ability to make it but they cannot argue with your success.”

Those are the words of Japhet J. Omojunwa, a blogger turned lecturer. You may read about him here and here.

Recently, I read about his exploits as a blogger and how he got himself a lecturing job with a German University.

Indeed, I was inspired, and it was that inspiration that gave birth to this article.

Now, if you did read his words quoted above thoughtfully, what meaning does it make to you?

Ok. Here’s what I think…

The height of revenge is to choose to be great in life. That’s the best way to answer your haters; that’s the best way to respond to those who’re dehumanizing you or have humiliated you in the past; or those who doubt your ability—who’ve said “can anything good come out of him.”

Let your success speak for you.

That’s what I’ve chosen to do with my life and in fact, what I’m doing—doing my best to achieve greatness. And I’m on course—from a ghetto boy, high school drop-out and formally branded never-do-well…

And by the way, what does greatness connote?

First of all, the word ‘greatness’ is associated with such other words as: exceptional, special, extraordinary, unusual, significant, remarkable, distinguished, and so on.

Greatness, for our purpose, simply put means to be above average

Let me explain that. People generally fall under three (3) categories, in my classification, namely: the mediocre group, the average group, and the genius group.

The Mediocre Group

This group consists of people at the lower cadre of the society. They are uninformed—literate or illiterate. They may have gone to school but lack necessary information or skill to thrive in the society.

They are unproductive. They’ve got little or nothing of worth to give to the society. As such, they don’t receive much in return, for they’ve not given much.

They lack direction and are unfocused. They run from pillar to post and waste away the prime of their productive years in unproductive ventures.

Consequently, they are usually at the mercy of circumstances. They cry and complain about how unfair life, the government and people have been to them.

This is where 65% of people are in life. That’s a lot of people. No wonder their voices are not heard. Too many voices there, man!

And this is not where you want to be.

The Average Group

This group comprises folks who are basically contented with little. They may wish to have, do or be more but they subconsciously refused to do that which may earn them what they secretly desire.

They engage in self-sabotage—wishful thinking.

If you give them the option of going for risky ventures that pays in the end and some other that pays little but is safe, they go for the latter.

That may be human nature but it is detrimental to growth and development.

Here’s the summary of the average man: He doesn’t want to be behind; he doesn’t want to be on top for the responsibilities involved; he’s just ok being in the middle.

This is where 30% of people are in life. Some fellows would be comfortable here.

But is this where you want to be? It’s for you to choose. For me, I would rather be in the genius group.

The Genius group

The genius group is made up of people who are not necessarily the movers and shakers of a society. They are not necessarily super humans; they may not be wealthy but they produce wealth creators.

Generally, they exhibit the following characteristics:

*They are solution providers; and not whiners and complainers.

*They are producers; and not mere consumers.

*They are so impactful such that they’ve assumed the status of a deity.

*They are so skillful that they’ve become indispensable in the marketplace.

*They are pacesetters; and a positive influence to the younger generation

This where I think only 5% of people are in life, and where you should strive to be. There’s little competition here.

[center]***[/center]

You may be wondering, “Where does he get those stats from?”

Anywhere, from the top of my head. And of course, through intelligent guess based on observation, study and gut-feeling.

But you don’t have to bother yourself so much about the stats. Here’s what you should concern yourself with…

How do I go beyond the mediocre and average life to the genius life?

Here’s first a skeletal guide:

Genius or greatness starts from deciding to be great;

It continues to going all out to actually be;

And materializes by making impacts from your little corner.

I know that’s not enough. So here’s a list of…

5 Surefire Tips to Achieve Greatness from your little corner

1. Be Ambitious—Decide You Really Want to Be Great.

And choose where you want to operate from. Practice what Brian Tracy calls “back from the future thinking.” This concept encourages you to dream but at the same time, you have to come back to reality and start doing something.

So the major question to consider thoughtfully is, “What do I want to do with my life?” Get that settled, and you’ve set yourself up for unlimited possibilities.

2. Work on Yourself

There’s no alternative to personal development if you would go beyond the average life. Mario Puzo, author of Godfather writes, “Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”

Develop your potentials and or acquire new skills. Your potentials are your natural abilities that you have not started exploiting.

3. Become a Better Member of the Society

How can you take part in the development and progress of your community, state and country, by extension, and the world at large?

What can you contribute as your own quota to the betterment of humanity? Embark on a cause you believe in.

4. Be Ready to Deal with Opposition

Albert Einstein says, “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”

People will think you’re weird or that you have gone crazy when you choose to do certain things. Be ready to face such opposition. And move on.

5. Don’t Go the Easy Way—The Hard Way Scares So Many!

Do something that others avoid or dread to do. Most times such things require dedication and/or hard work.

It’s in doing such things that you’re most likely to get a breakthrough. There is usually little competition as most folks choose the easy way.

No matter how hard, the longer you stay at it, the easier it gets.

Finally…

Of course, you don’t hope to get over night success, and if it comes…good and fine! Otherwise, stay in there.

Persistence is the test great men have had to pass. You’re no exception!

In the final analysis, whenever you think revenge, think greatness. That’s the best way to address your hurts and grievances, I believe.

Note: Whenever you have some spare time, pls spend it with me @ www.OkaforChijioke.com
Re: Greatness—the Greatest Form Of Revenge! by pfijacobs(m): 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
As u said this is from ur head... Coming from a fellow ghetto nigga... I'd say NICE ONE.. Lovely.... Greatness is on d inside... I therefore prophesy dat I will b great... And this post will get to front page... And I will be first to comment...

P.S ur last statement.. Its supposed to be spend and not spent....

#shalom
Re: Greatness—the Greatest Form Of Revenge! by cj4someone(m): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
pfijacobs: As u said this is from ur head... Coming from a fellow ghetto nigga... I'd say NICE ONE.. Lovely.... Greatness is on d inside... I therefore prophesy dat I will b great... And this post will get to front page... And I will be first to comment...

P.S ur last statement.. Its supposed to be spend and not spent....

#shalom

Yea.."Spend."

Thanks for reading.

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING Video Shows NYC Policemen Dragging Na*ked Woman From Her Apartment / Lagos Records Second Ebola Case In Doctor Who Treated Victim / Farano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.