Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

World Cup 2014: What A Surprise - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2014: What A Surprise (554 Views)

Cortana Predicts Germany To Beat Brazil In The World Cup 2014 Semi-Final Clash / World Cup 2014: What Percentage Performance Will You Give Keshi? / World Cup 2014: What Are cooling Breaks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup 2014: What A Surprise by rapmike(m): 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
This World Cup Brazil 2014 has seen a lot of surprises. Yes, the 7-1 defeat of Brazil may tingle, but outside that, what else have surprised you?

As for me, these are the surprises of 2014:

1) Costa Rica winning their group: I never would have thought in my wildest dreams that Costa Rica will top a group containing the likes of England, Italy and Uruguay. I thought that Italy will top the group, then England and Uruguay will struggle for second spot. Well, Both Italy and England finished bottom of the group while Uruguay got knocked out by Colombia. Only Costa Rica made it so far as to penalties in a quarter final Match, losing against the Netherlands.

2) Spain getting knocked in he group stage: Yes, their group was tough, but you will expect better from Spain before the World Cup. Well we saw what we saw and that's that.

3) the struggle of the Big Teams: Before the match against Brazil, Germany had not scored more than a goal, save for the Portugal Match and Ghana's Match. Brazil too were not spectacular at the knock out stages. Same as Argentina and Netherlands. Are other Countries catching up quickly?

4)Portugal's knock out: Just like Spain, we expected better from Portugal before this competition. Pepe helped to clear that, though.

5) Two African teams making out of the group stage: Yea, nobody saw it coming. Thumbs up to Nigeria and Algeria.

6) Cote D Ivoire not making it pass the group stage: No African team had it as easy as the Elephants. With all their stars and a far weaker group, it was expected to be their year. Well it was not.

That's my list, what are your own surprises
Re: World Cup 2014: What A Surprise by johnwizey: 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nairaland was hacked
Re: World Cup 2014: What A Surprise by rapmike(m): 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
johnwizey: Nairaland was hacked

Hehehe..... Does that qualify?
Re: World Cup 2014: What A Surprise by kimco(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
Enyeama and dauda making fools out of demselves. Brazil taking a 5-1 or was it 6-1 trashing from germany. Jordan ayew not giving the pass to asamoah gyan to bury germany. Black stars players playing horribly due to lack of training which was also due to their temporary strike for their allowance. Hey is keshi still nigeria's coach? Also the only countries to stretch germany were both african teams (ghana and algeria)

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Cash Prices World Cup Teams Earn #brazil2014 / Fifa U-20 Women's World Cup Canada 2014 05/08/2014 - 24/08/2014 / United Ban Ipads & Other Devices From Old Trafford

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.