Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] (13613 Views)

Buhari Orders Release Of £185 Million Pounds(#56billion Naira) To The North East / Ag. Igp Arase Restores Officer’s Salary Two Years After Removal From Payroll. / Accountant-general Of Taraba State Arraigned For N1.56billion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Akshow: 6:34am On Jul 10, 2014
strangest: is his name actually JOEL? cos I think I see a black spot on his forehead... no pun intended
must u see everything from a religious lens? How about condemning the crime and treating the offender as a corrupt official irrespective of his religious affiliations?

@topic, I'm expecting d Nigerian judiciary to shamefully hand him a year or two jail term as usual. Buncha confused momfos

2 Likes

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by SHOCK7(m): 6:35am On Jul 10, 2014
@Ogetogeo]Ordinary stealing and you people are giving the man sign post to wear. undecided[/quote]
U obviously condone his activities,it seems u'ld likewise if u were in his posittion anyway he deserves it 4 d now. angry sad
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by strangest(m): 6:40am On Jul 10, 2014
Akshow: must u see everything from a religious lens? How about condemning the crime and treating the offender as a corrupt official irrespective of his religious affiliations?

@topic, I'm expecting d Nigerian judiciary to shamefully hand him a year or two jail term as usual. Buncha confused momfos
hey man.. I said no pun intended... the guy is in for fraud... my point is that there may be more to the story...
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 10, 2014
this is how this case will end: found guilty, punishment is fine of 750k or 6months jail term....... Nigerian justice system is a real comedy
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by gidjah(m): 6:47am On Jul 10, 2014
PLENTY plenty theives in govt house,even if he go es to jail,its gonna be for max 3yrs.after returnin,he will go for church thanksgivin ,he will still become a champion and a celebrity,who knows,he might get a presidential pardon, this are d kind of personality who become future governors of SUCH STATE

3 Likes

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by biomedixexcel(m): 6:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmmmmmm if found guilty, let him vomit all he has eaten
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by philips70(m): 6:59am On Jul 10, 2014
omenka: This country is one hell of a comic contraption. Is there any public officer in this country not living above their means I mean, any!!

Every public servant/politician in government deserves to be in jail or hanged for corruption in this country. From PDP to APC to LP to APGA. All deserve to be sarin-gassed.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by fm7070: 7:11am On Jul 10, 2014
Na small money he loot.
He probably did not settle accordingly or has stepped on toes or has declared a political ambition, that is why he's being exposed
he will get higher jail term. If he had looted like 200billion like Chief Bode George, he would have gotten few month jail term
Only God will have mercy on us in this country

2 Likes

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by angela98(f): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmm! Corruption! Corruption! Corruption! I no fit comment on this topic joor.....I comment and lament, He enjoys and grooves the loots cheesy
Abeg I dey waka pass cool
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by jeff1607(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2014
Gone are the days wen pipo steal millions. Now I guess that's too small its billions all the way but wait ooo I can see 81kobo there and also 7 naira there is this man so greedy? My pipo all we need is just one person just one person that can change all these.if only dat saviour can come out now. Well such won't happen. I rest my case
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by gbishman: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2014
Nigerian leaders wake up and realise that this great country is our own and no body else'es. We should manage our resources adequately and not lay it to waste.
How can an accountant general whole responsibility is to help manage, secure resources or funds be found stealing and looting.
Its high time time we adopt the stringent laws on public servants who steal, i would suggest we adopt hanging.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by simplynola(m): 8:06am On Jul 10, 2014
He actually stole the money if not he wouldn't have allowed billboard on his neck.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by NigeriaArmy15(m): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2014
ITT: International Thief Thief.....#Let them steal for Today, by tomorrow nobody will question our authority for looting....#waiting patiently for my own time
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Reference(m): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2014
Living above means, hahahaha. Almost every Nigerian I know lives above his means. Stealing from government, stealing from companies, stealing from individuals. Corrupt, reprobate nation.

1 Like

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by akanbiaa(m): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2014
If these man should be set free without returning every kobo and not punished by the powers that be, Ma they be cut short by God and may these life be a living hell for all involved and the grave and the hereafter. Amen. I know of people that have died because they were denied their entitlements all because of fools like these and their relations have not been able to claim it either. If we cannot use our hands to stop people like these, we should use our mouth to pray for those that exposed them and curse those who want to ruin the lives of people who have have their lives to service.

1 Like

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by akanbiaa(m): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2014
Please let's make sure to keep these as long as possible on the front page till justice is done, for the memories of those who have suffered and some lost their lives because of his actions.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by akanbiaa(m): 8:40am On Jul 10, 2014
pro01: Why was he compelled to hang that offence tag around his neck in the mug shot? It is clearly demeaning and prejudicial, considering that he is supposed to be a 'suspect' - and likely a first-time offender.

Since guilt has not been established, it doesn't seem right. Besides, it is arguably not standard practice, since many persons accused/prosecuted for similar offences in this country are not subjected to the same indignity.

Perhaps learned lawyers in the house could shed light on the matter. What purpose does it serve? It can't (or at least shouldn't) be punitive, since suspects are deemed innocent until they are duly convicted.
The evidence against him are overwhelming he was not the only one arrested there are 21 others and he knows his game is up and that's why he did not object and about human dignity, it's for humans that behave like humans and not wild animals, mind you what do you want to tell those that have died and suffered because of not getting the money that rightly belongs to them? Put yourself in the shoes of the pensioners and workers and people of Taraba that have been cheated and denied their rights? The best thing for him is to first get back all the money and them execute him so as to serve as a warning to others of on a lighter note be given life imprisonment so he will not come back to his remaining loot, he is a disgrace to humanity and the accounting profession
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by smoothlips(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2014
Smartsyn: #1.56bn..?

Just an 'ordinary stealing', this is not 'corruption'
grin GEJ definition of looting of public fund!
sadly America will know
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by akanbiaa(m): 8:45am On Jul 10, 2014
LMAyedun: We all knw nothing tangible will come of this case, as usual the case will suddenly be swept under the carpet.

After many years, these cases haven't been completed & we Nigerians have a very short memory.......

Ayo Fayose (Free man) - #1.2B

Joshua Dariye (Free man) - #700M

Saminu Turaki (Free man) - #36B

James Ibori (Jailed) - #9.2B (Granted bail by court since 2008 but ThankGod for UK, Ibori is cooling off in jail)

Jolly Nyame (Free man)(Ex-Gov Taraba) - #1.3B

Nyeson Wike (Serving Minister) - #4.670B

These cases were never completed and i don't think they will ever be completed.. So what is the Joy. undecided
I bet you, this is the last you will hear of this Taraba state AG's case.
we at nairaland will not let it be swept under the carpet as long as we keep it public and front page as long as possible and we keep spreading it and never give up till justice is done, we don't have to wait for a messiah to do that for us the power is in our hands. The good news is there is overwhelming evidence against him he was caught fully.

1 Like

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by tonychristopher: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2014
that amount will be used to help these hopeless northern youths that are restive...why are these northern dudes daft....tommorrow some idiots will support him
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by phlame(m): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2014
cheesy

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by tunshe: 9:04am On Jul 10, 2014
strangest: is his name actually JOEL? cos I think I see a black spot on his forehead... no pun intended

Forehead detector, well done!

To those clamoring for leadership based on religion , Taraba governor must be a Christian, must be a Muslim, ......must belong to. ......religion, forgetting the fact that most of these politicians ONLY use religion to gain votes, you will always be disappointed.

As long as we continue to replace competence and sincerity of purpose with religious sentiments, politicians will continue to milk us dry.

Nigeria will develop only in the pockets of our corrupt leaders.

1 Like

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Galadimabawa: 9:21am On Jul 10, 2014
Nigeria no martual person in this country ooooo, with white heir you are doing this. kai.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Ishilove: 9:41am On Jul 10, 2014
Reference: Living above means, hahahaha. Almost every Nigerian I know lives above his means. Stealing from government, stealing from companies, stealing from individuals. Corrupt, reprobate nation.
This is an understatement
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by tuffgongjo(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2014
It should not stop here,take him to court$let him face d "Music".
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by ifeelgood: 9:58am On Jul 10, 2014
Keep voting PDP
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by juman(m): 10:01am On Jul 10, 2014
"Ordinary" stealing.

Just three months imprisonment or total presidential pardon.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Sagamite(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2014
pro01: Why was he compelled to hang that offence tag around his neck in the mug shot? It is clearly demeaning and prejudicial, considering that he is supposed to be a 'suspect' - and likely a first-time offender.

Since guilt has not been established, it doesn't seem right. Besides, it is arguably not standard practice, since many persons accused/prosecuted for similar offences in this country are not subjected to the same indignity.

Perhaps learned lawyers in the house could shed light on the matter. What purpose does it serve? It can't (or at least shouldn't) be punitive, since suspects are deemed innocent until they are duly convicted.

Make you and your loryas dey speak grammar there. Me, I lof the picture. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by Ogetogeo(m): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2014
SHOCK7: @Ogetogeo]Ordinary stealing and you people are giving the man sign post to wear. undecided
U obviously condone his activities,it seems u'ld likewise if u were in his posittion anyway he deserves it 4 d now. angry sad

I see you are too serious about life, bro easy and take sometime off to catch a laugh.
Its called sarcasm.
Re: Taraba State AG Arrested For N1.56billion Fraud! [photos] by NigeriaArmy15(m): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2014
Oloshi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode At Christmas Carol At State House, Lagos / LAGESC Arrests Residents Over Waste Bills. / Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.