Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" (13587 Views)

Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC / Gun-wielding Policeman Threatens Sowore: I Will Kill Somebody Here / Sowore: "I Carried A Goat Tagged GEJ's Name At Occupy Nigeria" — Comrade Buska (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by fergie001: 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2022
The presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC), Omoyele Sowore has said the deployment of the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) in the 2023 general elections will not address Nigeria’s perennial problem of election rigging.

He also said the current insecurity in the country poses a great threat to free and fair elections next year as all the regions in the country have peculiar security challenges.

Sowore stated this on Friday while speaking in an interview with Politics Hub, a Vanguard Online TV’s political show.

The AAC presidential candidate, during the interview, explained to the anchor of the TV show, Damilola Ogunsakin that the Osun State governorship election in June was ravaged by over-voting despite the usage of BVAS.

He said, “No, I do not expect a free and fair election. It’s not the equipment that organises free and fair elections, it’s the personnel that are involved in organising elections. In the case of 2023, it (the fault) started by putting in place an INEC leadership, at the federal level, federal commissioners of people who are card-carrying members of the ruling party.”

“As a matter of fact, there was a time the President nominated his spokesperson, Lauretta Onochie to be on that board until there was some sort of outcry, and she was dropped. But that does not stop the ruling party from still putting their people there,” Sowore added.

Speaking about the insecurity as a challenge to free and fair elections, he said, “Secondly, it is to think about the security situation of Nigeria and how many state actors are in control of our territories. In the case of this particular period, you have the North-East still terribly in control of Boko Haram. You now have added the North-West controlled by bandits.

“Are you getting my point? The South-East has an issue with an identity in the need for them according to their social movement. They don’t want to be in Nigeria anymore and they’ve been engaging in war with the Nigerian security services.

“As a result, a lot of people can no longer trust they will be safe on election day. See what they’ve been doing to INEC in Imo state and all other places. They are not even allowing campaigns to hold in states of this region.

“If you go to the South-South, militancy has kind of returned given the number of barrels of crude oil stolen on daily basis. If you go to the South-West, there are issues of nationhood as well. There are people who are Yoruba nation agitators, they said they don’t want elections.

“So, if you look at that, and also look at the INEC in its partiality, and begin to wonder if they are planning an election in another political system they’ve not disclosed to us publicly.

“But for me, it’s the credibility of INEC. Even in Osun State, where they were praising themselves that they did well, the tribunal proceedings are showing that there was over-voting. There was BVAS in Osun State, but there was also over-voting in Osun state, so what are we talking about? So, why are they talking about BVAS as if it was one magic bullet that will solve the problem of election rigging?

But the witnesses have told us that what we have in BVAS is not in tandem with what they told us during the election that BVAS is one powerful technology. And with the fact that they were uploading results when the election was happening. What we know about uploading results is a popular jargon in computing that is garbage in garbage out.

SOURCE

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by TastyFriedPussy: 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
+ or - BVAS, Asiwaju is the next President.

Somethings are constant in life, and such is Asiwaju victory!
if not for that yeye angel that directed me to this useless country, all this one no for consign me ohh!!! Weda tilumbu win or no win, that one now for no be my business. I for just dey one place for California dey live soft life.. Haiiii God why? Why you look me finish as I dey come carry me come into this nonsensical country filled with 200 million wicked, useless, tribalistic,unproductive people? I won't forgive you for this at all..

54 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2022
Fact, those currently hailing Inec and buhari on electoral reforms are shortsighted.

But the worst are those hailing Emefiele and Cbn, APC doesn't have the interest of ordinary Nigerians at heart, if the past 7 years haven't thought you that, then I don't know what you are .

Nothing would make me trust anything that comes from APC..

The only important task is sending APC packing in this election.

OBIdients, kwankasiyya and others, join hands with the most formidable party and kick out APC..

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2022
Naija youths

Vote wisely.

Your destiny is in your hands.

We Rise.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by ecolime(m): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
Sowore wey no fit get 1,000 votes nationwide sef dey talk.

Person wey suppose dey contest as ordinary councillor for hin Village.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
+ or - BVAS, Asiwaju is the next President.

Somethings are constant in life, and such is Asiwaju victory!

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by ATEAMS: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
Regardless you won't win

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
Sowore is absolutely correct!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by dynicks(m): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
Make una align with OBI...

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Icarus99(f): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
Shallow

1 Like

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by fred94: 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2022
Peter

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by SultanOfPuna: 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Dshocker(m): 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2022
But at least, it will curtail the excesses of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu.....

Because he is a known election rigger, always wanting to take it by force.

But this time around, it won't happen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by NwaNimo1(m): 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Eriokanmi: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
Comedian. The same BVAS had stopped the apc comeback in osun. Without it, the scenario of the past election in the state where a major collation centre was set ablaze would have repeated itself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Iyajison: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
But will reduce it to some extent.....this I believe.

Dear Mr protester.....hope we don't get to see you with placards again after 2023
Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Banbutton: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
grin ANINI in sifia pain

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Akfrenzy(m): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
grin one man has promised to fight dirty

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by FunkeAyorinde: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by FactBoyz: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
tongue

1 Like

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Helpfromabove1(m): 8:08pm On Dec 23, 2022
But it will go a long way , Roman was not built in one day there is always room for improvement

1 Like

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by adioolayi(m): 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
Vote Yele Sowore for President..

Vote AAC..

If you are my type, that is tired of the status quo and that didn't see the difference between the leading candidates..

Give your protest vote to an activist that we have heard his voice loud and clear against oppression for the past 7years...

Give your vote to 'Yele Sowore of AAC!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by stuffs2002: 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2022
Sowore is even dragging 4th place with Obi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Blaze14k: 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
Spot on. What inec is doing is packaged hopelessness buh e go shock them when the youths start a massive revolution

1 Like

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Latakia(f): 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
This is how the 2023 presidential election table will end after the final count by INEC.
1- Jagaban
2- Atiku
3- Kwamkwaso

Those fighting for top 4
4- Supreme Monkey
5- Revolution Man
6- Kola Abiola

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Sultty(m): 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
even if election is free and fair.i don't really think highly of this man
Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by ObiLamba: 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Sowore: "I Don't Expect A Free & Fair Election, BVAS Won't Stop Rigging" by Raxxye(m): 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2022
Mstcheew

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Is A Party Of Shameless And Desperate Liars – PDP / Nigerians Are Lazy / Akpabio Appoints Jackson Udom As His New Chief Press Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.