Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured (2605 Views)

Another Governor’s Convoy Killed 2, Injured Many In Lagos / Ex-bank Chief Jim Ovia Sets Up Mega School In Agbor, Delta State / C-o-n-f-u-s-e-d! Why We Are Building Mega School In Niger Republic, - Kano Gov. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Bash92(m): 12:27am On Jul 10, 2014
There was tension in Ejigbo, Ejigbo Local
Government Area of Osun State in the early hours of
Wednesday when one of the newly constructed
buildings in a mega school located in the ancient
town suddenly collapsed, leaving two people
critically injured.
Nigerian Tribune authoritatively gathered that the
incident, which occurred at Ajoda area around 6.05
a.m., threw the community into confusion following a
loud bang when the building, which is the main hall
of the newly completed school, caved in.
Reacting to the development in a statement, the
Director, Bureau of Communications and Strategy to
Governor Rauf Aregbesola, Mr Semiu Okanlawon,
said the government regreted to inform members of
the public about the incident of the collapse of the
main hall of the newly completed ultramodern High
School, Ejigbo.”
According to the statement, “information at the
disposal of the government indicates that the main
hall, which had been completed along with other
classrooms of the school, came down at about 6.00
a.m. on Wednesday, after a loud bang was heard by
those who were within the hall and others within the
vicinity of the project.”
It continues that “as a responsible government, it is
too early for us to say what the exact cause of the
collapse is until we have full investigations and
advice of professionals.
“However, it must be stated here that all necessary
quality assurance tests were carried out to ensure
structural durability and integrity of the project, just
as in all other projects under this administration.”
While assuring that engineers from the Osun Ministry
of Works and engineers from the Structural
Engineering section of the Nigerian Society of
Engineers had been dispatched to the site to
establish the real cause of the incident, the
statement said there was no cause for alarm.”
Reacting to the development, the Osun State chapter
of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) accused the All
Progressives Congress (APC) of allegedly using fake
and substandard building materials in the
construction of model schools in the state.
In a statement signed by the state party chairman of
the PDP, Alhaji Ganiyu Olaoluwa, the party said “we
described the situation as sheer wickedness, but also
expressed gratitude that no student was hurt in the
incident.”
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer
(PPRO) of Osun State Police command, Mrs Folasade
Odoro, confirmed the incident, saying that
investigation was already ongoing over the matter.
www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/10253-osun-mega-school-building-collapses-2-injured

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Ahuitzotl: 12:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Where is the source of this rag you posted,O.p??...

1 Like

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by shakol91(m): 1:01am On Jul 10, 2014
I think Mod has every right to close this thread because it lacks backup source/photo evidence
Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by OmoLisabi(m): 1:11am On Jul 10, 2014
shakol91: I think Mod has every right to close this thread because it lacks backup source/photo evidence
It is true. A colleague sent a message to me from Osun that traces of low calibre explosives were found in the vicinity of the building with signs of fire.

1 Like

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by dguyindcorner(m): 1:12am On Jul 10, 2014

12 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by eaglechild: 1:24am On Jul 10, 2014
APC structures are literally and figuratively collapsing.

Thank goodness they didn't waste innocent lives.

14 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 2:12am On Jul 10, 2014
O' Substandard
O' supporter of APC
O' R.I.P

5 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Monimatic(m): 2:22am On Jul 10, 2014
APC again...
Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by CVWizards(m): 2:40am On Jul 10, 2014
Poor standard. Why won't it collapse?

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by NoreenUG(f): 4:03am On Jul 10, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Sirniyeh(m): 4:37am On Jul 10, 2014
PDP should be investigated

1 Like

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 10, 2014
inferior building materials, quack tradesmen and lack of inspection during construction. Thank God students were not in school when the building collapsed.

1 Like

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 10, 2014
Thank God no life was lost in the incident. It's not a matter of less in standard equipments that are used in the construction, such do happen attimes. Recently, before we vacate. A giant building that is still under construction collapsed in Unilorin and many people were injured.
Now tell me, is my school not having money to use standard equipments for the construction or what went wrong.
Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 10, 2014
OmoLisabi: It is true. A colleague sent a message to me from Osun that traces of low calibre explosives were found in the vicinity of the building with signs of fire.
They have started again. PDP bombed the school? Chai

1 Like

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 10, 2014
Neyoor: Thank God no life was lost in the incident. It's not a matter of less in standard equipments that are used in the construction, such do happen attimes. Recently, before we vacate. A giant building that is still under construction collapsed in Unilorin and many people were injured.
Now tell me, is my school not having money to use standard equipments for the construction or what went wrong.
You're welcome, I know you'll come. So what caused it?

1 Like

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 5:00am On Jul 10, 2014
dguyindcorner: http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-two-injured-as-new-school-building-collapses/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
that is a source
NoreenUG:
see the picture of the collapsed school.
salaksmana: You're welcome, I know you'll come. So what caused it?

It is clearly stated in the source that it was caused as a result of heavy wind tha blew that day.

But the OP in his hatred and stupidity frame the post and removed where it was clearly stated that it was caused by heavy wind.

Now, who should we blame for heavy wind or this is your 1st time of hearing that wind blew buildings and tree off.

Read properly from the source and don't mind that senseless OP

2 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 10, 2014
Neyoor:

It is clearly stated in the source that it was caused as a result of heavy wind tha blew that day.

But the OP in his hatred and stupidity frame the post and removed where it was clearly stated that it was caused by heavy wind.

Now, who should we blame for heavy wind or this is your 1st time of hearing that wind blew buildings and tree off.

Thanks, but why attacking the OP, this was the article he copied http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/10253-osun-mega-school-building-collapses-2-injured and no reason was stated in that link. It was the punch link that mentioned wind.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 10, 2014
Now this is my own take on the collapse, I know APC will blame PDP for sabotage and they've already done that through their spokesperson and PDP will blame it on substandard materials and they've done that too. But the point is this is not the first time new building will collapse when old ones still remain standing. There should be a proper investigation to get the immediate and remote cause of the collapse in order to prevent future occurrences, not just to trade blames or score political points.

8 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 10, 2014
salaksmana: Thanks, but why attacking the OP, this was the article he copied http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/10253-osun-mega-school-building-collapses-2-injured and no reason was stated in that link. It was the punch link that mentioned wind.

And now that you've known that it was caused by heavy wind, what do you want to say now or you'll blame God for the wind.
Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 5:14am On Jul 10, 2014
Neyoor:

And now that you've known that it was caused by heavy wind, what do you want to say now or you'll blame God for the wind.
I did not blame anybody, check the post above yours.
Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 10, 2014
salaksmana: Now this is my own take on the collapse, I know APC will blame PDP for sabotage and they've already done that through tiare spokesperson in the state and PDP will blame it on substandard materials and they've done that too. But the point is this is not the first time new building will collapse when old ones still remain standing. There should be a proper investigation to get the immediate and remote cause of the collapse in order to prevent future occurrences, not just to trade blames or score political points.

Wow! 1st time you will say something sensible... Lolsss!
Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by bcomputer101: 5:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Sirniyeh: PDP should be investigated
Dear "Hey-Piii-Ciii" e-dog,

Not to worry, in exactly a year's time, i will urge you to stoop by the side of that canal that cuts across your neighborhood and cry out your eyes because PDP is taking over south-west gradually.

GEJ till 2019

8 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Neyoor:

Wow! 1st time you will say something sensible... Lolsss!
I always do, just that to you they do seem as attack against Ogbeni in favour of my "pay masters" PDP/Omisore.
Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 10, 2014
salaksmana: I always do, just that to you they do seem as attack against Ogbeni in favour of my "pay masters" PDP/Omisore.

Wonders 'll never cease, so, you're being paid for the job you're doing for the PDP on Nairaland
Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 10, 2014
Neyoor:

Wonders 'll never cease, so, you're being paid for the job you're doing for the PDP on Nairaland
Yes bro. According to your brain.

8 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Bash92(m): 5:37am On Jul 10, 2014
Neyoor:

You are really crazy for calling me stupid and senseless. Tribune was my source not the punch cos that where I saw the news first. You can check tribune website to see if any change was made by me. I don't blame you sha, you are an APC supporter and that what you people usually do framing post,you people even frame up your fellow human being. Stupid fellow

11 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by aresa: 5:39am On Jul 10, 2014
Bomb blast today, new school building collapse tomorrow.

Talk about do or die politics even at the expense of school children.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Bash92(m): 5:43am On Jul 10, 2014
salaksmana: Thanks, but why attacking the OP, this was the article he copied http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/10253-osun-mega-school-building-collapses-2-injured and no reason was stated in that link. It was the punch link that mentioned wind.
Thank you jare bro,I was trying to modify my post to include the source after seeing that the link wasn't there but MTN network mysteriously disappear. I I Don't think the fool @neyoor (with green lizard brain upstairs)even read the whole story that I posted cos tribune was mentioned in the second paragraph, rather than read properly he was looking for a way to exonorate is paymaster by attacking my personality

9 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 10, 2014
Neyoor:

are you saying it's normal for wind to blow down buildings? ....lol, I guess only in the South West tho

2 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by KOBOJO: 7:00am On Jul 10, 2014
The rate at which things are collapsing in oshun state....
i hope aregberascal no go collapse join oo..

1 Like

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 10, 2014
Please change the titile from "Mega" to "Maga,cos the people have been "maga" by the contractors,through the government.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Mega School Building Collapses, 2 Injured by FruityLass: 7:10am On Jul 10, 2014
The commissioner for works and infrastructure should be questioned about who handled the construction of the building and who is the commissioner for works and infrastructure- The Governor. The countdown to the 2014 governorship election in the state is no doubt getting interesting by the day and as expected, political forces and blocks are getting set to give the incumbent a run for his money. If you conduct an opinion poll now in Osun State, the definite answer you will get is that they are tired of Aregbesola. We are only waiting for the right time which is around the corner.

You quote me for nonsense......U die!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ Is A Superior Presidential Material To GMB, By Femi Aribisala (Columnist) / A.P.C: The Not- So- Smart Party / Buhari Could Have Won Popular Vote Without SW-Allies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.