Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo (1815 Views)

2015: Sambo’s PDP Reconciliation Moves Unsettle APC / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo / Jang Shuns PDP Reconciliation Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by unuane1(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2014
IBADAN—EKITI State Governor–elect, Mr.
Ayodele Fayose, has advised former President,
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, former senators in the
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to either align
with the on-going reconciliatory moves in the
party or be shown the way out.
Speaking yesterday in Ibadan during the zonal
rally of the party, Fayose said the party would not
hesitate to sack any of them no matter how
highly placed who wanted to further fan embers
of disunity.
He said this just as he promised to ensure that
the recent victory of the PDP in Ekiti State would
be repeated in Osun, Oyo and other South West
states.
Specifically, Fayose showed red card to
Governors Abiola Ajimobi and Rauf Aregbesola to
be prepared to leave because their time was up.
For the first time, all factions of the party came
under the same umbrella and told people of the
state to give maximum support to the party.
Various aspirants of the party in Oyo State were
given opportunities to address the rally.
Governorship aspirants at the rally included Chief
Adebayo Alao-Akala, Engr. Olufemi Babalola,
Engr. Seyi Makinde, Senator Teslim Folarin, Prof.
Soji Adejumo and Prof. Taoheed Adedoja.
Other aspirants like Dr. Azeez Adeduntan and Mr.
Kehinde Olaosebikan were absent.
Fayose noted that “this is the last time I would
sound this note of warning to those people who
want to disparage the party to stop. If you want
to disparage the party, whether you are a former
president, senator, irrespective of your position,
we will sack you. When I fought with the party, I
left the party, I did not stay in the party. You are
free to go to any party you want, but don’t stay
in the party and disparage it.”
According to him, the national leadership of the
party should not impose any candidate on Oyo
PDP but should give all aspirants a level-playing
ground, saying “If there is a level playing ground,
we will win Oyo State also. If we must win this
state, there must be no imposition.
“I am showing the APC a red card. I am the first
governor to defeat two incumbent governors at
two different times. The time is up for the APC in
the South West. They gave us the impression
that they were saints, but they are looters. I am
not in any leadership contest with anybody.”
Promises to work with party leaders
At another forum, apparently thinking that his
emergence as the only governor of the Peoples
Democratic Party PDP in the South West may
ruffle some feathers, Fayose has said he is not in
any leadership struggle with any of the party
leaders in the zone.
Fayose spoke in Akure during a breakfast
meeting with leaders of the party from the South-
West.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/pdp-reconciliation-shape-ship-fayose-tells-obasanjo/

1 Like

Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by luvinhubby(m): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2014
This man is running his mouth wild & fast so early, Mr. Governor-elect, lie low for now & strategise for the people of Ekiti, do not make enemies for yourself so early.

Thank me later !

4 Likes

Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by Zionope: 8:36am On Jul 10, 2014
Ekiti kete! In okun oooo
Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by mogentle(m): 9:38am On Jul 10, 2014
See what Ekiti people have done, making this criminal governor-elect to be talking rubbish. His candle will soon burn off. Wait & see.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by EMERITUS85(m): 9:42am On Jul 10, 2014
i love this man.

but sir focus first on the people obj can wait the people first

1 Like

Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 10, 2014
Pensive....
Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by bokoslayer: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
mogentle: See what Ekiti people have done, making this criminal governor-elect to be talking rubbish. His candle will soon burn off. Wait & see.

Can you please point at the rubbish he said in that post?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by omenka(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
Keep runing your mouth and burning bridges. Such an un-intelligent student of history.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by ba7man(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
The real intelligent people move in silence not to reveal their intentions early.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by emiye(m): 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Fayose's understanding of reconcilliation.

I thought he said he is a changed man, he is yet to be sworn in, and he is already acting thus. undecided undecided
Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye: Fayose's understanding of reconcilliation.

I thought he said he is a changed man, he is yet to be sworn in, and he is already acting thus. undecided undecided

Seconded
Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by 4words: 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
And all of a sudden he has a voice... I pity my people in Ekiti, is this all they've got to offer

This guy carry party for head like say na crown forgetting history so soon.
I have said it before and I will say it again, FAYOSE has only come back to witch-hunt those that witch hunted him. Its pay back for him and not the interest of the Ekiti people.

1 Like

Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by jonescyras(m): 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
Zionope: Ekiti kete! In okun oooo
hin ora o..
Re: PDP Reconciliation: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Fayose Tells Obasanjo by dorofine(f): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thug

(1) (Reply)

Kabiru Sokoto To Name Boko Haram Sponsors If Granted Amnesty Read More At TODAY / Fear Of Ebola: This US Air Passenger Isn't Taking Any Risks At All..lol / What To Do When A TANoid Posts His Lies-Simple Step

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.