Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

A Teaching GIG For ROR Developers And Web Developers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Teaching GIG For ROR Developers And Web Developers (1161 Views)

Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals / Why Most Web Developers Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Teaching GIG For ROR Developers And Web Developers by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2014
Do you develop web sites efficiently okay that's awesome, do you love teaching Web Developments to N00bs, well then this might be an offer you can't refuse like the God Father, (if you don't know Ruby shocked) but guess what no problem as long as you are willing to learn, then sure apply and its a full time position. I got wind of this from a good friend so please apply
Web Development Instructor
Lagos State, Lagos
Apply Now
Position:
Web Development Instructor

Date Posted:
July 10, 2014

Are you a world class web developer that is passionate about teaching and sharing knowledge with others? If so Andela is seeking an instructor to lead our web development training programs. You will teach Andela Fellows valuable programming skills that will prepare them for a career as a web developer in the digital economy.

About Andela
Andela is a new kind of company. In partnership with some of the best engineers and technology entrepreneurs in Nigeria, the United States and Canada, we hire and train Africa’s brightest and most driven young people so that in just a few years, they can go from never having written a line of code to being world-class software engineers.

Skills and Qualifications
You are excited about shaping the minds and skills of the next generation of web developers in Nigeria.
Deep knowledge of related web technologies such as: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Ruby
Significant experience in a technology consulting or app development work environment.
Significant experience with taking n00bs to the next level in web programming.
Outstanding written and verbal communication
A portfolio of well designed web applications and projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
Instruct a 2 week web development “Boot Camp” with a class of 25 students (material provided)
Instruct a 2 month web development training program for a class of 8 students (material provided)
Work closely with 1 co-instructor to support student growth and progress
Create a collaborative and engaging classroom community
Inspire and excite each student
Facilitate remarkable projects that will demonstrating the skills which the student have gained over the course of the program

Benefits
Full medical coverage
Free lunches and beverages
Beautiful working environment
Full-time compensation
Work with the brightest minds on the planet

Apply to this link here and all the best, and yes i know the next question, how much is the salary frankly i don't know but my best advice get there and discover it out have fun apply here
https://app.plum.io/posting/lagos_office_web_development_instructor.html?pos=289
Re: A Teaching GIG For ROR Developers And Web Developers by Ibrochaka(m): 11:43am On Jul 10, 2014
pcguru1: Do you develop web sites efficiently okay that's awesome, do you love teaching Web Developments to N00bs, well then this might be an offer you can't refuse like the God Father, (if you don't know Ruby shocked) but guess what no problem as long as you are willing to learn, then sure apply and its a full time position. I got wind of this from a good friend so please apply

Apply to this link here and all the best, and yes i know the next question, how much is the salary frankly i don't know but my best advice get there and discover it out have fun apply here
https://app.plum.io/posting/lagos_office_web_development_instructor.html?pos=289
the 2wks bootcamp, do u hav any idea of hw it look lyk as a student?, are dy d 1 to feed n accomodate d students? And finally, wat iz d criteria for selection in2 d program? Thanks.
Re: A Teaching GIG For ROR Developers And Web Developers by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
The Criteria is simply interest,intelligence,agility, mindset and the drive, honestly as long as you are interested just go for it, times have changed when i was learning web development, it was dhtml on NL that taught me and advised and then there was no such thing as Udemy, Codeacademy then i had to either photocopy aptech books or read on it online from random places and mostly trial by error. as long you have the drive just apply, Writing code is nothing special even a monkey can do that, what sets anyone apart is the passion and interest. hope i answered well.
Re: A Teaching GIG For ROR Developers And Web Developers by dsypha(m): 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
pcguru1: The Criteria is simply interest,intelligence,agility, mindset and the drive, honestly as long as you are interested just go for it, times have changed when i was learning web development, it was dhtml on NL that taught me and advised and then there was no such thing as Udemy, Codeacademy then i had to either photocopy aptech books or read on it online from random places and mostly trial by error. as long you have the drive just apply, Writing code is nothing special even a monkey can do that, what sets anyone apart is the passion and interest. hope i answered well.
writing good code is bro. There are bad codes every where. Will you say they are not code. Takes way beyound knowin the syntax!
Re: A Teaching GIG For ROR Developers And Web Developers by dhtml(m): 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
Contemplating. . .nay, imposicant
Re: A Teaching GIG For ROR Developers And Web Developers by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
dsypha: writing good code is bro. There are bad codes every where. Will you say they are not code. Takes way beyound knowin the syntax!

What i meant is writing code is not special as long as you know the syntax you can write but coming up with good logic is special which is point you brought up, I could code C++ all i what if i write it in a crappy logic the app will fail. but thanks for highlighting it. ALSO APPLY angry
Re: A Teaching GIG For ROR Developers And Web Developers by dhtml(m): 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
pcguru1: The Criteria is simply interest,intelligence,agility, mindset and the drive, honestly as long as you are interested just go for it, times have changed when i was learning web development, it was dhtml on NL that taught me and advised and then there was no such thing as Udemy, Codeacademy then i had to either photocopy aptech books or read on it online from random places and mostly trial by error. as long you have the drive just apply, Writing code is nothing special even a monkey can do that, what sets anyone apart is the passion and interest. hope i answered well.
which dhtml are you talking about?
Re: A Teaching GIG For ROR Developers And Web Developers by Raypawer(m): 8:02am On Jul 11, 2014
dhtml:
which dhtml are you talking about?

should be you of course...

the guy d yarn true.. imagine place like thenewboston.com

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed / I Need A Programmer Who Reside In Lagos / Need A Fingerprint Scanner Or Facial Recognition For Integration Into My Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.