Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,241 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals (2949 Views)

[benue] Programmers, Web Developer And All Tech Enthusiasts Enter Here / What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 4:00am On May 19, 2015
So....... I've been playing around with cool gadgets (they never stop coming) that makes the process of designing and developing a website so much fun!

Please share yours.....

Brackets
Sketch
Sublime Text
Axure
Balsamiq
etc

Download [url=http://muz.li/landing.html?utm_expid=91181863-1.DtL3WXzPQeen9WqDpXn4_w.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F]Muzli[/url] for design resources and updates. It's awesome!
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 4:08am On May 19, 2015
Brackets

I code and when I code in CSS and/or HTML, I like to see immediatean immediate fruit of my labour. Sure, inspecting elements works too, but once you refresh, your work is gone.

With focused visual tools and preprocessor support, Brackets is a modern text editor that makes it easy to design in the browser. Try Creative Cloud Extract (preview) for Brackets for an easy way to get clean, minimal CSS straight from a PSD with no generated code.

Brackets shows a live view of edits within CSS. Makes coding cleaner and visually relaxing.

It's totally FREE!

Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 4:13am On May 19, 2015

Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
You'll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance.

[img]http://blog.generalassemb.ly/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/commentout.gif[/img]
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 4:19am On May 19, 2015

I'm a pro with using adobe photoshop to create a finished prototype, but between Sketch and photoshop, sketch is faster and more interactive.

Same with Bracket AND sublime text, they're frequently updated.

Sketch gives you the power, flexibility and speed you always wanted in a lightweight and easy-to-use package. Finally you can focus on what you do best: Design.Sketch is built for modern graphic designers, and it shows in every fibre of the app. From a flexible workflow with support for Multiple Pages and Artboards. Powerful features like Symbols and Shared Styles are there to make reusing elements quick and easy.
Produce better results.

Easily create complex shapes with our state-of-the-art vector boolean operations and take advantage of our extensive layer styles. Sketch’s fully vector-based workflow makes it easy to create beautiful, high-quality artwork from start to finish.

Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 4:27am On May 19, 2015
I use Font Awesome for Brackets. No need to inspect element because FAA writes CSS code for each FREE icon.

Font Awesome gives you scalable vector icons that can instantly be customized — size, color, drop shadow, and anything that can be done with the power of CSS.
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 4:33am On May 19, 2015
Bootstrap

Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web. Bootstrap makes front-end web development faster and easier. It's made for folks of all skill levels, devices of all shapes, and projects of all sizes.

1 Like

Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 4:41am On May 19, 2015

If you're a UX researcher or UX designer, you need this; StoryboardThat

It's an easy way to "sketch" scenarios and tasks for your projects without actually having to sketch. Saves time and saves you if you suck at drawing.

Also good for those of you that like creating comics.

Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 4:49am On May 19, 2015
And if you suck at coding, unlike moi that thinks its a fun game.......use Axure RP

Create Prototypes of Websites & Apps Without Coding. Over 60% of the Fortune 100 Use Axure RP
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 4:50am On May 19, 2015
Balsamiq Mockups is a rapid wireframing tool that helps you Work Faster & Smarter. It reproduces the experience of sketching on a whiteboard, but using a computer.

Making mockups is fast. You'll generate more ideas, so you can throw out the bad ones and discover the best solutions.

Quick Add
Build a user interface at the speed of thought.

User Interface Library
Tons of UI elements. Just drag and drop!

Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 5:04am On May 19, 2015
FYI, Axure and Balsamiq do the same thing, but I prefer axure. Axure is useful for hi-fidelity prototypes.
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 5:14am On May 19, 2015
MindNode makes mind mapping easy. Mind maps are a visual representation of your ideas, starting with a central thought and growing from there. This allows you to brainstorm & organize your thoughts in an intuitive way, so you can focus on the idea behind it.
Being featured by Apple as an “App Store Best”, MindNode has helped students, artists and project managers to be more creative with less effort.
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 5:20am On May 19, 2015
UX Check is a Chrome Extension that helps you identify usability issues through a heuristic evaluation.

lightweight evaluation that allows you to identify usability issues without the involvement of users.

In the 90's Jakob Nielsen put together a list of ten heuristics, or principles, that websites should adhere to. These heuristics are still very relevant today, and allow you analyze your website fairly cheaply relative to the cost of a user test.

As a developer or designer, you should regard heuristic evaluations as an inexpensive sanity test to easily identify potential problems. Walk through your website and take a note of any UI elements that break any of Nielsen's 10 heuristics.

Visit the Nielsen Norman Group's website for more articles on heuristic evaluations: http://www.nngroup.com/topic/heuristic-evaluation/

Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 5:27am On May 19, 2015
Awesome Screenshot

Capture all or part of any web page. Add annotations, comments, blur sensitive info, and share with one-click uploads. Now with free desktop capture!

1. Permanently store and organize your images by project
2. Get point specific feedback on your screenshots and designs
3. Share and collaborate with friends and colleagues

Don't let the price fool ya, I've been using it for months for free.

Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 5:35am On May 19, 2015
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by whisp3r(m): 9:34pm On May 19, 2015
Jetbrain php storm makes coding and designing so much fun.

FYI best code editor in the world

1 Like

Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by JackOfAllTrades: 9:54pm On May 19, 2015
just download jetBrain intellijIDEA ultimate, its adds soon much sweetness to your coding world cool.

1 Like

Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by ElekeNtioba: 1:22pm On May 29, 2015
Ilekeh:
For free icons

1. Font Awesome

2. Flaticon

3. The Noun Project

i really wanna get started on this programming thingy....where do u think i should start??
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 4:21pm On May 29, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

i really wanna get started on this programming thingy....where do u think i should start??

HTML5.

Start by downloading a free HTML responsive theme online. Open it up with the Bracket app.
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by IlekeHD: 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

How far with your interest?
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by IlekeHD: 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
just download jetBrain intellijIDEA ultimate, its adds soon much sweetness to your coding world cool.

I didn't see this reply back then.

I will check it out.
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by mayorisaac: 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
I have passion for web developing/programming please anything i need to know as a beginner?
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by mayorisaac: 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
To earn more traffic, more money and Ads on your blog/website, register within seconds on
https://www.popads.net/users/refer/445074
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ilekeh
Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Ilekeh(f): 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
Largas:
Ilekeh

Re: Knickknacks For Programmers/ Web Developers And UX/UI Professionals by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Any Others Sharing Sites Like 4shared / Best OS For Programmers / Oracle Development: Jdeveloper 10g – Java, J2ee, Ejb, Mvc, Xml - Overview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.