Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward (80327 Views)

How Exams Are Written In Covenant University / The Origin Of The Word Oyibo / Why Is Northern Nigeria So Backward Academically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by practicalclass: 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
ITS WRITTEN IN THE MIRROR IMAGE AND NOT BACKWARDS.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by clemzo101(m): 12:03am On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: If you are a science student,you must defenitely know about this in Physics unless you are among those that spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we.
*knew this in my first year in secondary school.
see dis mumu, wen u finish skool self? If u sabi book like dat I challenge u to upload scanned copy of ur WAEC and University degree if u ve one and lemme scan my own too and let's see.......u dey here dey un ur mouth for Mirrow view. Nor make me vex come slap u dere oooo

3 Likes

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by wonda26(m): 12:06am On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: If you are a science student,you must defenitely know about this in Physics unless you are among those that spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we.
Bro, calm down. At least you didn't know this from birth. That's how it is. In the same way, some of us now know this today. We all learn something everyday. What one learns today as a new thing may be an old knowledge for several others. No one knows it all. . . . There are stuffs known to others too as a basic knowledge which you haven't got an idea of yet; some of which you would never! Live and let live! Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by RANDY1: 1:31am On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by jericco1(m): 4:50am On Jul 11, 2014
Hahaha never knew quite funny
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 6:29am On Jul 11, 2014
wonda26:
Bro, calm down. At least you didn't know this from birth. That's how it is. In the same way, some of us have know this today. We all learn something everyday. What one learns today as a new thing may be an old knowledge for several others. No one knows it all. . . . There are stuffs know to others too as a basic knowledge which you haven't got an idea of yet; some of which you would never! Live and let live! Cheers
Welcome bro...Thanks.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 6:32am On Jul 11, 2014
clemzo101: see dis mumu, wen u finish skool self? If u sabi book like dat I challenge u to upload scanned copy of ur WAEC and University degree if u ve one and lemme scan my own too and let's see.......u dey here dey un ur mouth for Mirrow view. Nor make me vex come slap u dere oooo
Go get lost you pathetic Mongrel....
Na ur family be MUMU....
Stay off my track...
Quote me again,and i will totally ignore you...:p
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2014
tsolz84: Same way am gonna spit on ur dead corpse preetty soon..as5hole
ignored....:p
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by sammiy: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: Go get lost you pathetic Mongrel....
Na ur family be MUMU....
Stay off my track...
Mr Obiokpor walahi walahi u no get sens..e!

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Pdizzle(m): 8:54am On Jul 11, 2014
Nice
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Greenified(m): 9:03am On Jul 11, 2014
Leetunechi: We need this vehicle on nairaland

cus alotta dead people full here
Chai!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Greenified(m): 9:10am On Jul 11, 2014
ObiOkpor: Go get lost you pathetic Mongrel....
Na ur family be MUMU....
Stay off my track...
clemzo101: see dis mumu, wen u finish skool self? If u sabi book like dat I challenge u to upload scanned copy of ur WAEC and University degree if u ve one and lemme scan my own too and let's see.......u dey here dey un ur mouth for Mirrow view. Nor make me vex come slap u dere oooo
sammiy: Mr Obiokpor walahi walahi u no get sens..e!
After 1st 5 comments on a NLand thread, wat u see next is ^^^
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Greenified(m): 9:14am On Jul 11, 2014
R.I.P English Language.

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 9:38am On Jul 11, 2014
danburuba mr sammiy aka mr smelly goat.
U wey get sense,shey u dey on scholarship at Oxford university?
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by ObiOkpor(m): 9:40am On Jul 11, 2014
Greenified:
R.I.P English Language.
That‘s why i ignored the buffalo.
Thanks.You are observant.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 11, 2014
Okk;u av made ur point;am currently eating a late breakfast;dont quote me again;else u wont like the actions of a madman;now;run along boyy
Greenified:
R.I.P English Language.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 11, 2014
Go n Die as5Hole
Greenified:

After 1st 5 comments on a NLand thread, wat u see next is ^^^
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2014
The idiat is an as5hole...
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by tonychristopher: 10:33am On Jul 11, 2014
Stanley4E: So that drivers ahead of it on the road can read
it (correctly) as AMBULANCE in their rear-view
mirrors, and yield the right of way.
If the word was not reversed, the drivers of the
cars ahead of the vehicle would see:
"ECNALUBMA."
Of course, if it has flashing lights and sirens
going, they would yield to it anyway. Perhaps
this was done so that drivers would not mistake
an ambulance for a police vehicle with similar
lights.

MOD please get this to front page to educate others. thanks

THATS A NEW ONE...I HAVE TAKEN NOTICE
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by tempem: 10:47am On Jul 11, 2014
Jammy2012: Remember Plain mirror is usually laterally inverted.
Your dad spent wisely on you, during your secondary school dayz.

1 Like

Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Kx: "That na obodo oyibo ambulance".

Over here, I ve not noticed o.
Besides, even when ambulance drivers on lagos roads are "horning like no tommorrow" withl full light, and also shouting "give way, ambulance here" lagos "go slow"/traffic nor gree them move. Besides, lagos wawawa drivers "drags" road with ambulance and police vehicles.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Greenified(m): 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
tsolz84: Okk;u av made ur point;am currently eating a late breakfast;dont quote me again;else u wont like the actions of a madman;now;run along boyy
Its i'm pls.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
So?
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by kobonaire(m): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
Some mugüs for US even call it "amberlamps" ... check it out here
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
amnestylaw1: I had always wanted to know this. Honestly, I had thought maybe it was written in reverse so that those who have phobia for AMBULANCES or EMERGENCIES will not be caught unawares or so. cry

lol smiley
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by fujirice: 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
ITK we don see you.....mtscew!!!!!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Btruth: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
Nice one...never knew this too.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Ela59: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=ObiOkpor]If you are a science student,you must defenitely know about this in Physics unless you are among those that spent their school fees on women,phones and we-we.
*knew this in my first year in secondary school.[/quote you are RIGHT.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Maxcollins042(m): 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
and what effort have you made to educate others about it?
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Youngzedd(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
Not in Naija.

Haven't seen one.
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
Owkay!..thanks!
Re: Why The Word "AMBULANCE" Is Written Backward by Annais(f): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
JustCare:
IT IS WRITTEN NORMALLY HERE
Not everywhere. I have seen it written backwards many times in Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lesbianism Scandal Rocks Kogi University / KSU Bike Man Caught Having Sex With Mad Woman (photo) / Buhari Approves Establishment Of 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.