Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,075 members, 7,821,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Who Pays Bride Prize In Ghana - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Pays Bride Prize In Ghana (684 Views)

I will deny my husband sex until he pays his debt — wife / Who Pays For The Mortgage? Me Alone, Or Should Wife Help? / Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Pays Bride Prize In Ghana by brighter: 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
A cousin of mine travelled & came back after a long period of time with a Ghanian woman & three (3) kids.

Though the elders kicked against his behaviors of getting married without anyones consent & having children outside wedluck. Many reasoned 'what if the woman died during any of the child bearing, how would you have approached her family'? (we all knew what that means).

The family insisted he can't continue living with her that way since we see it as abomination. We need to visit her people & pay bride prize. Nobody will be happy having his daughter live in another man's house that way.

PROBLEM: For over 8 years the man has been avoiding any schedule visit to his in-law & someone said he briefed him THE WOMAN SHOULD PAY 'HIS' BRIDE PRIZE NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND according to her custom.

Please Nairalanders who understands this very well. Is it true? The family is insisting he should send the woman back since he's not ready to make her a wife after 5 kids
Re: Who Pays Bride Prize In Ghana by CaptainBomb(m): 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
Captain bomb.

(1) (Reply)

1st Birthday Parties / What Are The Common But Dangerous Divorce Threaten Issues In Marriage? / Memorable Moments Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.