Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Your View About Abortion... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your View About Abortion... (3492 Views)

What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / 5 Facts About Abortion For The Anti-abortion Crusaders / About Abortion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 11, 2014
the act of abortion has been in existence for long, it has been practised by several people for several reasons....with my own little understanding,i blive abortion is really bad and a sin against God and humanity....but,come to think of it....wat if someone gets pregnant, goes for a scan n finds out d baby or fetus has one syndrome or d oda...d baby might bcome a liability to her n her family.....will u advice the mother to go for an abortion or will u advice her to keep d baby?....apart from dat, i ll like to knw ur own view abt abortion....

2 Likes

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Your View About Abortion... by faithugo64(f): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
ABORTION IS MURDER,UNGODLY AND EVIL Not minding the reason for it

3 Likes

Re: Your View About Abortion... by ngkessy: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
apart From being a prolifer, personally am strongly against abortion n besides its a sin against God n against man n nature, d individual commiting abortion have attempted to hoard or halt life by terminating a creature therby challenging d creator n giver of life, pls every human hve a right to life never mind d circumstances nor situation surrounding d birth or pregnancy, conception begins frm fertilisation, hence life springs forth, pls protect it, life is sacred life is precious.....defend it!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your View About Abortion... by mumu9gerian: 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
lets just pray we dont fall into such problems where u are pregnant with a kid that has a syndrome or the other

2 Likes

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
Murder is a great sin...so i say NOOOOooooo 2 abortion!!
Re: Your View About Abortion... by adeoladrg(m): 10:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
It's very wrong from all moral standings.. Even babies with syndromes grow to become normal adults, so far it's not life threatening.

1 Like

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
adeoladrg: It's very wrong from all moral standings.. Even babies with syndromes grow to become normal adults, so far it's not life threatening.
What if it's life-threatening?
Re: Your View About Abortion... by adeoladrg(m): 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
Apatheist:

I won't give an answer! tongue
Apatheist:

I won't give an answer!
Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2014
This topic would be more interesting and educative if we share our views analytically without mentioning "Sin" or "God"
"your View on Abortion" let's discuss it , keep your religious doctrines aside, reason as a rational being and share your views. We all have conscience, we don't necessarily need to read a book to know what is wrong or right. It's totally absurd if we depend on one religious book or the other to determine what is wrong or right. e.g a suicide bomber justifying his action with a chapter of his religious book.

Personally, I think it's ignorance and lack of knowledge that lead to the debate of whether abortion is right or wrong. Let us come back to our senses and realize that as humans, we are naturally endowed with the ability to pro-create. i.e Reproduce. the process of pro-creating involves intercourse - pregnancy - and finally child-birth. The greatest confusion we face today is as result of religious indoctrination. I say this because we are not the only beings with the ability to pro-creates, but apparently we are the only that practice abortion (termination of developing life) and we think we have reasons to back it up, be it medical, religious or otherwise. The natural truth remains that we really have a long way to go in understanding the life we live.

5 Likes

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 12, 2014
ngkessy: apart From being a prolifer, personally am strongly against abortion n besides its a sin against God n against man n nature, d individual commiting abortion have attempted to hoard or halt life by terminating a creature therby challenging d creator n giver of life, pls every human hve a right to life never mind d circumstances nor situation surrounding d birth or pregnancy, conception begins frm fertilisation, hence life springs forth, pls protect it, life is sacred life is precious.....defend it!!!

nice write up.
Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2014
Apatheist:

Hi Bro, if the development of a fetus poses a threat to the life of the mother, what does common sense say?? it's needles to ask. savvy?
Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 12, 2014
adeoladrg: It's very wrong from all moral standings.. Even babies with syndromes grow to become normal adults, so far it's not life threatening.

true.
Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 12, 2014
mumu9gerian: lets just pray we dont fall into such problems where u are pregnant with a kid that has a syndrome or the other

this reminds me, a woman in the US, a devoted religionist who refused to donate blood for her dying child, because her religion forbids blood donation.
doing what is right to save a life, aborting a fetus to save the mother's life is normal.

1 Like

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2014
Scyllapatron:

Hi Bro, if the development of a fetus poses a threat to the life of the mother, what does common sense say?? it's needles to ask. savvy?
That is why I am pro-choice.
The parents should be the ones to choose who should live- the mother or the child.

1 Like

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 12, 2014
Apatheist:
That is why I am pro-choice.
The parents should be the ones to choose who should live- the mother or the child.

exactly.

1 Like

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2014
adeoladrg:

I won't give an answer! tongue

I won't give an answer!
Hope it doesn't happen to you.
Re: Your View About Abortion... by EvilBrain(m): 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
The most basic of all freedoms is the control over your own body. Every woman has the right to choose whether she should have a baby or not. Your religion does not give you the right to dictate to others what they can do with their own bodies. If you really want to stop abortions, then fight for comprehensive sex education to be mandatory for all children before they reach puberty. Fight for freely available and affordable contraceptives without stigma so that women don't end up with unwanted pregnancies.

The countries with the lowest rates of abortion all have legalized (and often even free) abortion. The reason is that they use their brains and attack the root cause of the problem instead of blindly following religious dogma that makes no sense.

7 Likes

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Scyllapatron: This topic would be more interesting and educative if we share our views analytically without mentioning "Sin" or "God"
"your View on Abortion" let's discuss it , keep your religious doctrines aside, reason as a rational being and share your views. We all have conscience, we don't necessarily need to read a book to know what is wrong or right. It's totally absurd if we depend on one religious book or the other to determine what is wrong or right. e.g a suicide bomber justifying his action with a chapter of his religious book.

Personally, I think it's ignorance and lack of knowledge that lead to the debate of whether abortion is right or wrong. Let us come back to our senses and realize that as humans, we are naturally endowed with the ability to pro-create. i.e Reproduce. the process of pro-creating involves intercourse - pregnancy - and finally child-birth. The greatest confusion we face today is as result of religious indoctrination. I say this because we are not the only beings with the ability to pro-creates, but apparently we are the only that practice abortion (termination of developing life) and we think we have reasons to back it up, be it medical, religious or otherwise. The natural truth remains that we really have a long way to go in understanding the life we live.

....nice

1 Like

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
EvilBrain: The most basic of all freedoms is the control over your own body. Every woman has the right to choose whether she should have a baby or not. Your religion does not give you the right to dictate to others what they can do with their own bodies. If you really want to stop abortions, then fight for comprehensive sex education to be mandatory for all children before they reach puberty. Fight for freely available and affordable contraceptives without stigma so that women don't end up with unwanted pregnancies.

The countries with the lowest rates of abortion all have legalized (and often even free) abortion. The reason is that they use their brains and attack the root cause of the problem instead of blindly following religious dogma that makes no sense.

interesting comment.
Re: Your View About Abortion... by MrAnony1(m): 11:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
temigracie: the act of abortion has been in existence for long, it has been practised by several people for several reasons....with my own little understanding,i blive abortion is really bad and a sin against God and humanity....but,come to think of it....wat if someone gets pregnant, goes for a scan n finds out d baby or fetus has one syndrome or d oda...d baby might bcome a liability to her n her family.....will u advice the mother to go for an abortion or will u advice her to keep d baby?....apart from dat, i ll like to knw ur own view abt abortion....
Abortion - in the broad sense of the word - is equivalent to murder
Re: Your View About Abortion... by azimibraun: 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
Abortion ke? Ah! My hand no dey o! Like say Prophet Mohammed(saw) and Jesus christ where aborted nko?
Re: Your View About Abortion... by wirinet(m): 12:03am On Jul 13, 2014
MrAnony1:
How is abortion equivalent to murder? define murder and then define abortion and then explain how the two terms can be broadened to mean the same thing.

The right to keep or abort a baby should rest on the woman concern, a woman cannot and should not be forced to keep a baby she is not ready to keep and take care of. Except of course, those anti abortionists trying to force others to live by their religious codes volunteer to adopt abandoned and unwanted babies.

3 Likes

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 13, 2014
azimibraun: Abortion ke? Ah! My hand no dey o! Like say Prophet Mohammed(saw) and Jesus christ where aborted nko?
If the first one was aborted, we wouldn't have Boko Haram menace in Nigeria. undecided

1 Like

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 13, 2014
MrAnony1:
to some pple,abortion is equivalent to murder..whil to some oda pple its just a normal thing....okay,i ll like to direct dis questn to dos wu feel or wu blive its a modern way of murder....in school,we learnt dat dere r several types of congenital anomaly a baby or fetus can have....sometimes it might b life threatening to both d mother and d fetus as well....in a case where,d scan revealed some really really negative thing abt d baby ...for example, a baby with one eye,mental impairment etc....bringing d baby to world, u deprive d baby of its social right,u lock him or her indoor...dont u think dats a sin already....y not do d needful

2 Likes

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 13, 2014
temigracie: the act of abortion has been in existence for long, it has been practised by several people for several reasons....with my own little understanding,i blive abortion is really bad and a sin against God and humanity....but,come to think of it....wat if someone gets pregnant, goes for a scan n finds out d baby or fetus has one syndrome or d oda...d baby might bcome a liability to her n her family.....will u advice the mother to go for an abortion or will u advice her to keep d baby?....apart from dat, i ll like to knw ur own view abt abortion....

Abortion is essentially murder!!! It is tough to have a child who has one deformity or another. Indeed the dependence on the family or as you put it "liability" on the family is not only great materially but also huge emotionally on both the child and the family.

In order to boost profit, a rational businessman is best advised to consider one or more of the three basic options:

1) Increase the selling price of the commodity.
2) Boost quantity sold without adjusting price.
3) Reduce the propensity to spend.

One or more of those measures can have a positive impact on the businessman's profit and by extension help him reduce his liabilities overall, given that one or more of the options available to him can be adjusted for his purpose.

Do we, like this businessman, view life as a business and our children as commodities that can be tweaked one way or the other to have a 'positive' impact on our business (life)? Do we determine (using any means) the number of commodities (Children) that can make our business (life) bloom the way we want? Or do we simply decide to destroy all perishable goods (Children) because they have one deformity or the other?

Children are NOT commodities! Children have rights that are inalienable whether those rights are acknowledged or not. The right to life of a child is not determined by someone's selfish desires for control just because the individual has the good fortune of being a parent. A child's deformity (if at all) is not an acceptable determinant on whether the child should live or die. No child deserves to be aborted. Abortion is an evil that needs to be kicked away from our world.
Re: Your View About Abortion... by wirinet(m): 8:03am On Jul 13, 2014
temigracie: to some pple,abortion is equivalent to murder..whil to some oda pple its just a normal thing....okay,i ll like to direct dis questn to dos wu feel or wu blive its a modern way of murder....in school,we learnt dat dere r several types of congenital anomaly a baby or fetus can have....sometimes it might b life threatening to both d mother and d fetus as well....in a case where,d scan revealed some really really negative thing abt d baby ...for example, a baby with one eye,mental impairment etc....bringing d baby to world, u deprive d baby of its social right,u lock him or her indoor...dont u think dats a sin already....y not do d needful

Forget congenital anomaly, a woman should not be forced to keep a baby she is unwilling or incapable of loving just because she had a few minutes of sexual pleasure. Some women are even willing to care of babies with congenital abnormalities. The decision should be that of the woman (or couple ) involved and not a doctor, priest or friends.

I see anti abortionists as vindictive against the "immoral" woman. The see the baby as a punishment for the woman for daring to have se.x outside their religious code. They might as well stone the woman. They fail to see that the unwanted children and the society suffers more in the long run.

If anti abortionists are so concerned about the welfare of unwanted children and the health of women that choose to abort, then they should invest their time and energy on better se.x education for teenage boys and girls and control and standardization of abortion clinics.

4 Likes

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2014
The act is a choice...

Just as heaven and hell...
...life n death...
...light n darkness...

And same choice eve had and preferred to listen to the serpent... And Adam also preferred to listen to her voice. Its all been about choices.

Abortion is a bad choice sha... Thou shall not kill says the word of God... And life is given during conception as a foetus has also got life...

So don't take any...
Re: Your View About Abortion... by wirinet(m): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2014
striktlymi:

Abortion is essentially murder!!! It is tough to have a child who has one deformity or another. Indeed the dependence on the family or as you put it "liability" on the family is not only great materially but also huge emotionally on both the child and the family.

In order to boost profit, a rational businessman is best advised to consider one or more of the three basic options:

1) Increase the selling price of the commodity.
2) Boost quantity sold without adjusting price.
3) Reduce the propensity to spend.

One or more of those measures can have a positive impact on the businessman's profit and by extension help him reduce his liabilities overall, given that one or more of the options available to him can be adjusted for his purpose.

Do we, like this businessman, view life as a business and our children as commodities that can be tweaked one way or the other to have a 'positive' impact on our business (life)? Do we determine (using any means) the number of commodities (Children) that can make our business (life) bloom the way we want? Or do we simply decide to destroy all perishable goods (Children) because they have one deformity or the other?

Children are NOT commodities! Children have rights that are inalienable whether those rights are acknowledged or not. The right to life of a child is not determined by someone's selfish desires for control just because the individual has the good fortune of being a parent. A child's deformity (if at all) is not an acceptable determinant on whether the child should live or die. No child deserves to be aborted. Abortion is an evil that needs to be kicked away from our world.

it seems you and lots of anti abortionists misunderstand simple terms or are being deliberately dishonest. A baby is quite different from a fetus. A fetus become a separate legal entity the second it is born and the umbilical cord severed, before that it is a fetus and it's rights are tied to the mother. you cannot murder a fetus, you can only murder a baby.

Then murder itself has to satisfy certain legal requirements before it can be termed murder. That is why all killings cannot fall under murder. There is manslaughter and killing for self defense and even killing under war.

4 Likes

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2014
wirinet:

it seems you and lots of anti abortionists misunderstand simple terms or are being deliberately dishonest. A baby is quite different from a fetus. A fetus become a separate legal entity the second it is born and the umbilical cord severed, before that it is a fetus and it's rights are tied to the mother. you cannot murder a fetus, you can only murder a baby.

Then murder itself has to satisfy certain legal requirements before it can be termed murder. That is why all killings cannot fall under murder. There is manslaughter and killing for self defense and even killing under war.

What is murder and in what circumstances is it used?

Dear, murder is to take life and we all know that... A foetus has life my dear...
Re: Your View About Abortion... by wirinet(m): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2014
ledafaze:

What is murder and in what circumstances is it used?

Dear, murder is to take life and we all know that... A foetus has life my dear...

Get a dictionary or better still use Google to learn what murder is.

1 Like

Re: Your View About Abortion... by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 13, 2014
wirinet:

Tell us the difference between a baby and a foetus. Your appeal to law is not satisfactory. Some countries have laws that contradicts you greatly. Tell us again how a baby is different from a foetus.

wirinet:

I hope you do understand the meaning of "essentially"? If you don't, then I'd suggest you school yourself a bit before quoting me. I am not in the mood to school anyone today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally It's The Rapture / Why Man Is Greater Than God (biblical God, Agnostic God Or Diest God Etc) / Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.