Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,253 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital (3240 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / Seven Staff Of Bankphb Arrested For N75m Fraud Via Keylogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by TRADELYN: 4:21am On Jul 28, 2014
With less than N7m, simply be a sole distributor of a fast moving product in Nigeria or any African country of your choice in the cosmetic industry.

This product is tried and tested abroad grin and can be more profitable than "Oil & Gas" business.
#You'llSucceed!

SangoCrusader: Hello guys,
I am currently living abroad but desperately want to move back to 9ja. I am going to sell my property abroad and expect it to get me a cash windfall of at least N75m that I want to invest in something viable in Abuja and/or Lagos. Therein lies the dilemma; I have no idea what is profitable these days. I dabbled in Abuja real estate for a bit last year, but got burned cry
Any suggestions that can provide a 10% - 30% ROI annually will be welcome. My professional qualification is in Accounting (not finance) but I do not wish to practice that in 9ja... For any business ideas, note that I will be 'on ground' to run it properly.
Great sages of NL, you guys should please help me out with ideas!!!
Cheers
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by kyzaru(m): 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
have you considered farming? OR Investing in startup's or existing ventures looking to expand?
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
kyzaru: have you considered farming? OR Investing in startup's or existing ventures looking to expand?

Farming is completely new to me. I have considered it but I make it a point not to invest in business where I cannot reasonably fathom the business model and farming is a bit complicated. So much technical knowledge is required that I will have to start at a disadvantage and it takes too much time to build a distribution network...

I am VERY interested in startups/existing ventures, but I will have to judge each by its own merit (and business case). If you know of any specific business areas, that will be helpful.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by freetowns: 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
TRADELYN: With less than N7m, simply be a sole distributor of a fast moving product in Nigeria or any African country of your choice in the cosmetic industry.

This product is tried and tested abroad grin and can be more profitable than "Oil & Gas" business.
#You'llSucceed!

Wat product is dis?
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by TRADELYN: 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
freetowns:
Wat product is dis?
It's a brand of Intimate Wash needed daily by ladies/women to wash their EXTERNAL genitals ONLY.
It protects against infections/bacteria, freshens and keep same dry and odour-free.
It's the most recommended in Nigeria today!
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by godsgracealways: 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
I don't disput the fact that you should fix the money..but y can't you fix part and make part for investment..go into oil and gas industry...build your own petrol station..it have more profit
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by detagabriel(m): 1:08am On Jul 29, 2014
nylon production.Or how abt agricultural sector .This r sure thou it depend on ur dedication .
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by marv1: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
gr8david: if u may leasing to my small boy advice, I will like to tell u d@ Abuja and Lagos is not where to make money in Nigeria as a business person, except u wanna go to politics.
Let me know anytime you are around so d@ when can do the business opportunities "surveyor" together, if u dont mind.
hah boy nawa 4 u o. If abuja, lagos and portharcourt are not where to make money then where? Then where? ur village? Abeg park well, u dey block road. Lastma go carry o.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Angelstartups(f): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
@SangoCrusader.

You may do well to sign up on www.angelstartups.com.ng as an Investor and flip through many viable businesses you could invest part of the windfall in. Its a professional platform and completely FREE!

1 Like

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
Angelstartups: @SangoCrusader.

You may do well to sign up on www.angelstartups.com.ng as an Investor and flip through many viable businesses you could invest part of the windfall in. Its a professional platform and completely FREE!

Good idea, I'll take a look. Thx
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Noliza(m): 11:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
Very Interesting.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SirAweezy(m): 1:09am On Jul 30, 2014
hmmm Interesting.....
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by butter(m): 9:20am On Jul 30, 2014
@sangocrusader

Ever thought of healthcare-specifically in a dental clinic? You'll get a decent, guaranteed ROI for a very long time especially if well set up and managed. World wide dental clinics are considered safe, recession proof investments. With the country's growing economy, there's been a growth in the middle class especially. These are the class of people likely to seek and spend on healthcare according to the ADB. And the demand for dental services is shooting up especially as we transit to a more western lifestyle occasioned by the influx of western diets and food brands into the country.
You only need to take a look at the well run dental clinics and the revenues they generate especially as a lot of them operate multiple offices.

I'll be more than glad to discuss with you and share a plan for achieving success. You don't need to invest all your funds(its way too much actually).
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by automaticgate(m): 9:46am On Jul 30, 2014
First commit every idea you have and those from NL to God for direction and also, you should have a set goal before.

I currently run a business I started from scratch with no capital. Its doing fine and will like to partner with you if you are interested in a JV model.

All we need to factor out is how to guarantee you 10 or more % in returns.

To start, i will not advice you to sell the property.

You can start bring in some products, and selling by using means of credit from a reputable bank you know in US which offers low monthly interest rate. I will only advice you sell or use the property to secure a loan to start up the real estate business when you feel you are comfortable enough to invest that huge sum of money.

While this is running, you can use that opportunity to study real estate business in Lagos. If you are ready, I have a model that will make you returns, when you venture into real estate development.

if you are interested mail me on stanley@nevosys.com or call 07033992255
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Bobbyjay001(m): 11:39am On Jul 30, 2014
Option1: Op,am nt a biz administrator neither am i an enterpreneur. But i av spent valuable time on NL and i av gained quite alot.
If i were you,i'l go into palm tree plantation and processing. Though,it's capital intensive.
Steps
Get good acres of land and do d necessary things n surveying the land.
Plant the palm trees and engage the service of an expert in that area. Wait for 3 years for the palm trees to reach maturity and start smiling to the banks. From the palm tree,u can produce palm oil,palm kernel on daily basis for good 30 years or more. No waste product. The shafts and other residues would be sold to intending buyers who process them into something else.
Note: It's advisable to get acres of land near stream or river so as to get access to good portable water,even if you sink a borehole.
Option2: I heard automedics is another lucrative capital intensive biz. It would be more profitable if set up in Lagos, Abuja or PH. Since those are place you would get posh and expensive automobiles.
My opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by OXCUBA: 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
OP .... USE THE MONEY AND PAY TITHE ....TO ANY NEAREST CHURCH ...... AND YOUR .... ROI .... WILL BE 100 PERCENT .... GUARANTEED

1 Like

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by Parisfran(f): 5:58am On Aug 08, 2014
I know sarcasm when I see it. I hope other people know it too.

OP, please if you are looking to become a full time entrepreneur discard all the real estate advise you are seeing here. Real Estate is the best business for people who still have jobs because of its low interferance nature (you lawyer can even act on your behalf and you might never see your tenant face to face).

Think more about production, manufacturing e.t.c. The average investment from building real estate is 10 percent a year. That means it might take you 10 years to recover the cash you spent on land and building, the (only) good thing is that your building would most likely appreciate in value if it is in a good area. Trust me contrary to popular belief not all real estate properties increase in value. With the rate of erosion and flooding going on, it's a big case of luck. One good example of that luck is Ogudu G.R.A in Lagos, 1 side of the GRA is doing well, the other side is sinking and sinking fast. As at 20 years ago the both sides of the GRA looked exactly the same.

My post is too long. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by SangoCrusader: 7:34am On Aug 08, 2014
Parisfran:
I know sarcasm when I see it. I hope other people know it too.

OP, please if you are looking to become a full time entrepreneur discard all the real estate advise you are seeing here. Real Estate is the best business for people who still have jobs because of its low interferance nature (you lawyer can even act on your behalf and you might never see your tenant face to face).

Think more about production, manufacturing e.t.c. The average investment from building real estate is 10 percent a year. That means it might take you 10 years to recover the cash you spent on land and building, the (only) good thing is that your building would most likely appreciate in value if it is in a good area. Trust me contrary to popular belief not all real estate properties increase in value. With the rate of erosion and flooding going on, it's a big case of luck. One good example of that luck is Ogudu G.R.A in Lagos, 1 side of the GRA is doing well, the other side is sinking and sinking fast. As at 20 years ago the both sides of the GRA looked exactly the same.

My post is too long. Sorry about that.

Very informative @Parisfran, thank you. The low yields are the main problem with Real Estate and increases in value are not always guaranteed.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by koning: 9:00am On Aug 08, 2014
Real estate is for lazy people with idle cash. Mostly corrupt politician and govt functionaries who want to launder their stolen money. Most real estates in Lagos and Abuja are not run by those who actually own them.

If you really want to be enterprising, go into Haulage, distribution, retail and transportation. With N20m you can venture into all sectors at the same time. Starting on a small scale of course. Starch your remaining fund in the bank as back up.

Let me know when you're ready to make the move. we could work something out together.
Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by ruemu(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
@ OP u got serious business ideas here ..
Very interesting trend.. However I'll add a line.. any business u choose to do.. keep ur money and Learn it well otherwise u'll use ur money to learn the business.
N u know what that means..fingers burnt.

In the meantime u can consider low risk investment.. and Tbill is fare..

While u learn d tips n tricks in ur new chosen line of business.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Lucrative Business Ideas With N75m Capital by millhouse: 7:18am On Aug 10, 2014
Your contact please
TRADELYN:
It's a brand of Intimate Wash needed daily by ladies/women to wash their EXTERNAL genitals ONLY.
It protects against infections/bacteria, freshens and keep same dry and odour-free.
It's the most recommended in Nigeria today!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are you a mini importer? Let me help you grow your sales to 100+/month / I Want To Open Kitchen Cabinet Shop / Free Online Loan Calculator For Nigerians By Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.