Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,560 members, 7,958,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:06 PM

Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? (19785 Views)

Normal Or Mini Laptop: Which One Is Better? / Palmtop Or Laptop Which One Is The Best / Classmate Pc Vs. Olpc Cm1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Sorry there is no evidence to support this. They perform the same way if they have the same CPU/GPU combination.
evidence to support wat.....they won't ever have same GPUs if tablets would av to remain tablets and not laptops do to answer your question,No,they won't perform same way ever
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric:
Yea seriously, I didn't know.....but would any tablet play bf4?....No is d answer....those fans are too little to blow a high end graphics card, unless they'll come with fire extinguishers loool....

Surface Pro 2 BF4:

Surface Pro 2 Gaming - Playing Battlefield 4 (SP):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUkqiykbYBM
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

How is it less portable when a tablet and an external drive weigh less than a laptop?

So how many multi national companies now use tablet for their operational duties...do u even know desktop is the in thing when u get to companies, i did my IT with shell 4yrs ago, and i tell u nothing like desktop, even those who use laptop are uses it as CPU..so u wanna think twice as per d acceptability of tablets.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric:
and do u know d surface pro 3 is more or less a laptop?....wit d keyboard sh.it and the little fan??....just read up a Lil on it....sucks a Lil though....as for ur stand on d issue, I don't know/care....u countered my post by asking me to read about dat little device so dat naturally made u an 'enemy'..not in d real sense of it though...u ma nigga lol,just not feeling any wannabe high end tab/laptop

Nobody asked you to feel it, only to educate yourself before you comment.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric:
evidence to support wat.....they won't ever have same GPUs if tablets would av to remain tablets and not laptops do to answer your question,No,they won't perform same way ever

I don't agree link a benchmark that supports your theory. The Surface Pro 2 is smaller than the Sony VAIO Duo 13 and on some benchmarks it outperforms the VAIO. They have the exact same CPU/GPU combo.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Surface Pro 2 BF4:

Surface Pro 2 Gaming - Playing Battlefield 4 (SP):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUkqiykbYBM
Jeeezzzzzzz!!!!! drop d YouTube videos and be realistic Gawd!!!!!.....surface pro 2 sluggishly plays assassins creed in low settings all thru....and u say bf 4...come mehn?...Fear God naw....intel hd4000 na most people integrated GPU for their laptops and they no dey see gta 4 play talk less battlefield 3

PS: there's a Google video for everything....pls check for gta San andreas for psp....youll see it there and good gamers know that version of gta was never released on d PS portable
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
Tablet PC cannot be compared with Laptops or any computer system, they can't do half of what a laptop can do. Only people who use their laptop to browse can compare laptop and tablet pc.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

Nobody asked you to feel it, only to educate yourself before you comment.
I don't chase tablets man...
I'm a gamer.....pardon my ignorance on ur sh.itty devices
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric:
Jeeezzzzzzz!!!!! drop d YouTube videos and be realistic Gawd!!!!!.....surface pro 2 sluggishly plays assassins creed in low settings all thru....and u say bf 4...come mehn?...Fear God naw....intel hd4000 na most people integrated GPU for their laptops and they no dey see gta 4 play talk less battlefield 3

Surface Pro 2/3 use the Intel HD4400 which is about 20% faster than the HD4000. You might want to research further
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric:

What are you saying ultra books often come with HD4400 or HD5000 Intel graphics. What you are talking about is a gaming laptop. Which does have a dedicated GPU. You are talking about heavy laptops like the Lenovo Y510p
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigsteveg:

So how many multi national companies now use tablet for their operational duties...do u even know desktop is the in thing when u get to companies, i did my IT with shell 4yrs ago, and i tell u nothing like desktop, even those who use laptop are uses it as CPU..so u wanna think twice as per d acceptability of tablets.

You would be surprised at how many people have made the jump to core i5
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 9:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

What are you saying ultra books often come with HD4400 or HD5000 Intel graphics. What you are talking about is a gaming laptop. Which does have a dedicated GPU. You are talking about heavy laptops like the Lenovo Y510p
good now we're getting there.....so is there a gaming tablet yet?....we all know intel hd cards are just mere display cards they play only fifa lol....so a tablet with a dedicated GPU with memory of atleast 2gb is?.............give an answer and i'll agree laptops can be compared with tablets
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Surface Pro 2/3 use the Intel HD4400 which is about 20% faster than the HD4000. You might want to research further

You have to be amazed at some people. It's not wrong to be ignorant but once someone starts being belligerent and ignorant you know the person has graduated to foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

I need no research though intel hd4000,4400 or even 5000..

no one fit play bf4 so fogerrit....ive been in d gaming world for quite some time to know intel's integrated cards are just there so that a monitor would display loool....my definition of a laptop is your definition of a gaming laptop so we're not on d same page lol
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

You have to be amazed at some people. It's not wrong to be ignorant but once someone starts being belligerent and ignorant you know the person has graduated to foolishness.
someone has taken it p lol....
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Dude follow me properly. We are talking of portability not what businesses are doing. You say having an external drive defeats portability I say how much does a tablet and external drive weigh compared to a laptop? Plus there are laptops without optical drives so are they useless because of that?
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
Leopantro:

guy, I'm drooling. are you for real?

Yep and the price has drooped significantly. It's now $899 here for the 13.3

It also supports dual monitor without any extra hardware, so I have two external 24" monitors plus the native 13.3 when I work in my home office.

Now, the hard drive size is 120GB (you can go up to 250GB) but it's an SSD so boot up is under 7 seconds to login into a website. I still have over 80GB free since I use DropBox, Box, iCloud, Google Drive, Amazon Drive, Microsoft drive, etc plus an external dual 2 terabyte drive (synced) for storage.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 9:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric:
someone has taken it p lol....

Very rich, coming from you.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Globally many fortune 500 companies gives their employees a budget and then allow them to choose their hardware, The truth is that you can always run any application on any hardware once you establish a Citrix session.

In the past I deployed over 5,000 iPads to Physicians who used them in emergency room for my company. They did the tests on Toshiba tablets but I convinced them to switch to iPads once I took over the project.

Desktops used to be cheaper but now you have laptops/tablets/ChromeBooks that are dirt cheeps and organizations are realizing this.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Djtm(m): 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric:
Yea seriously, I didn't know.....but would any tablet play bf4?....No is d answer....those fans are too little to blow a high end graphics card, unless they'll come with fire extinguishers loool....

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
I like hybrid!

2 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by holuwabumi: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
It depends on 1's choice. I ave a laptop(Dell) and tablet(Asus). Though my tablet is also a mini laptop because its keyboard is detachable (Asus TF600TG)...
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
Some dedicated tablets can do play games and play them well.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-edge-pro (hopefully the bastage spambot won't ban me for posting a url - again).
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by bigdot1759(m): 10:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
pls b4 u comment make sure u knw more or little in I. T. World, here in nigeria 80% of pple using tablet use it to play Game, & 80% of pple using laptop use to watch films, so how would u know the uses of the two, pls can u use tablet to write programming code using any acceptable platform?,
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Bawss1(m): 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
all4naija: I like hybrid!

Me too. Laptops have always been the device of choice for power users but the truth is that tablets are presently seeing a steady growth in capabilities, so much so that in a few years even power users will see little need to use their laptops in place of their tablets....
So till that time arrives hybrids and 2-in-1s are in that sweet spot. The best of both worlds as I mentioned earlier.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
CityNG: Some dedicated tablets can do play games and play them well.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-edge-pro (hopefully the bastage spambot won't ban me for posting a url - again).

All I can say is wow! The future came faster than I envisaged. And only $749.60 on Amazon! Wow again!

2 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

All I can say is wow! The future came faster than I envisaged. And only $749.60 on Amazon! Wow again!

Yeah technology is moving at a very fast pace. It's amazing that the things we take for granted today were science fiction just a few years back.

I remember my Motorola brick phone and compare it to my iPhone 5s of today.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Flawlessangel(m): 11:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
lawrenceunaa: both is needed at least there things u can do with laptop that u cant do with tablet eg multiple file sharing i connect my tab and usb card reader and copy files to both at same time.
as well as having a portable dvd player at hand
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2014

calling this a tablet is really gross......its a console!....lol,4.2 pounds for a tablet.....whoops,how portable I'd dat.....dag drives home my point anyway.....the more so called tablets tend to become as powerful as laptops, the more they become laptops themselves grin

calling this a tablet is really gross......its a console!....lol,4.2 pounds for a tablet.....whoops,how portable I'd dat.....dag drives home my point anyway.....the more so called tablets tend to become as powerful as laptops, the more they become laptops themselves...For my tablet faithfuls,here is wat CNET had to say about d laptop/tablet.......

' But the whole package weighs a whopping 4.2 pounds and just
barely fits in a regular-size backpack. It’s a lap-gaming
experience; you’d never want to hold the Edge-with-GamePad
upright for more than a minute at a time. Also, services like
Steam generally require an online connection ( Update: Steam
has an "offline mode," but it's not all that easy to set up and
use.). On a train or some in-flight situation, that could put the
Edge in a difficult spot.'

PS:it plays bf4 at medium settings while most graphics rendering settings are off even with it's bulk....
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 13, 2014
Flawlessangel:
as well as having a portable dvd player at hand

My pos t is not meant as an argument but educative to someone that may not know.

I have both mini iPad and Samsung Tab3. I have USB connector for the Samsung and the Apple connector for the iPad thetas enables me to connect thumb drives, SD cards and external SSD. I hardly use them as that is another device to carry and instead just use Cloud storage.

I'm a firm believer of using the right tool for the job and if a laptop is your hammer then so be it, but that doesn't mean that a tablet can't also hammer as good as a laptop.

I have iMac and MacAir (both running OSX, Windows 8.1 and Linux), mini iPad, Netbook (running Windows and Linux) so the one I carry is the one that fits the work I do. For games I have PS3 and Wii (never got into Xbox).
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 12:07am On Jul 13, 2014
I don't need to say much anymore....the tech savvy guys around here who know d use of a laptop would know that a dedicated keyboard,3/4 usb ports,an hdmi port,an ethernet port,a good cooling vent,a very nice xbox 360 controller,a dedicated nvidia/amd ati graphics card, et cetera cannot be traded for a stone let alone a tablet

I own a note 2014 though but I know it's a tablet and I wont push it so hard and I like d fact it's an android....my envy remains my only laptop.

Final shot, I remain a laptop though more of a desktop lover(currently building my ultimate pc) and i'll rest my case comfortably here.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by SupremeDimeji(m): 12:09am On Jul 13, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Checkout How To Remove Easybuy Security Plugin / Anyone Has Product Activation Key For Office 2016 / How To Double Recharge Card On Mtn,glo,airtel And Etisalat With Cheat Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.