Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Web Hosting In South Africa?? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Hosting In South Africa?? (689 Views)

Reliable Web Hosting In Nigeria / How To Get A Good Web Hosting In Nigeria / Introducing: Unlimited ALPHA Master Reseller Hosting in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Hosting In South Africa?? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Please I need to know if hosting my website in South Africa is a good idea?
Re: Web Hosting In South Africa?? by WebHostingPal: 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
Fantasywrita: Please I need to know if hosting my website in South Africa is a good idea?

Why would you want to host your website in South Africa ? do you live or work there ?

I will advice that you stay local buddy, if you live in Nigeria, then host in Nigeria.
Re: Web Hosting In South Africa?? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Web Hosting In South Africa?? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
WebHostingPal:

Why would you want to host your website in South Africa ? do you live or work there ?

I will advice that you stay local buddy, if you live in Nigeria, then host in Nigeria.

Let's just say its more convenient for me to host in S.A than in Nigeria. But I want to know if they have a better hosting companies than Nigeria.
Re: Web Hosting In South Africa?? by WebHostingPal: 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
Fantasywrita:

Let's just say its more convenient for me to host in S.A than in Nigeria. But I want to know if they have a better hosting companies than Nigeria.

Alright, gotcha.

Personally I don't compare web services based on countries, it will be wrong to do so anyway.

You can't say US based web hosting companies are better than Uganda based ones and vice versa.

What you need to look for in a web host are the features, technicality, affordability, company's reputation and the list goes on.

Even the top review websites don't rate based on countries, although they may categorise web hosts based on countries, but it's one thing you are most likely not to get answer to.

Hope this helps.
Re: Web Hosting In South Africa?? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
WebHostingPal:

Alright, gotcha.

Personally I don't compare web services based on countries, it will be wrong to do so anyway.

You can't say US based web hosting companies are better than Uganda based ones and vice versa.

What you need to look for in a web host are the features, technicality, affordability, company's reputation and the list goes on.

Even the top review websites don't rate based on countries, although they may categorise web hosts based on countries, but it's one thing you are most likely not to get answer to.

Hope this helps.

Thanks alot. Although I'm not satisfied. But I'm gonna take your advice on looking for hosting companies based on their features. If you have a good one in mind please do share.
Re: Web Hosting In South Africa?? by WebHostingPal: 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
Fantasywrita:

Thanks alot. Although I'm not satisfied. But I'm gonna take your advice on looking for hosting companies based on their features. If you have a good one in mind please do share.

Yeah, glad you are taking the advice. If you want a web host in S.A, I will say that you start your research based on web hosting companies in South Africa or if it's Nigeria, UK, US, you do the same.

If you are to host in Nigeria, there are few web hosting companies around, mine is one of them as you can see, HostNigeria!.
4 experienced staff and 2 interns. Over 18 years of experience collectively.

If you want to host in the UK and US I can recommend a few web hosting companies for you, as long as you are ready for scrutiny and intimidation.

When I was in the UK, I worked for Fasthosts and HeartInternet, massive web hosting companies they are. They have this preconceived opinion and as a result adopted this weird policies to vigorously scrutinise web hosting account registrations coming from Africa, them lot including, Enom, HostGator etc, they all do the same.

They will put accounts on-hold after collecting payment, for security and verification.

Absolutely ridiculous and this is why I personally don't recommend foreign web hosts. So if you ever wondered why Nigerian web hosting accounts get quickly terminated within months of registration there you go.

Hope this helps. smiley
Re: Web Hosting In South Africa?? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
WebHostingPal:

Yeah, glad you are taking the advice. If you want a web host in S.A, I will say that you start your research based on web hosting companies in South Africa or if it's Nigeria, UK, US, you do the same.

If you are to host in Nigeria, there are few web hosting companies around, mine is one of them as you can see, HostNigeria!.
4 experienced staff and 2 interns. Over 18 years of experience collectively.

If you want to host in the UK and US I can recommend a few web hosting companies for you, as long as you are ready for scrutiny and intimidation.

When I was in the UK, I worked for Fasthosts and HeartInternet, massive web hosting companies they are. They have this preconceived opinion and as a result adopted this weird policies to vigorously scrutinise web hosting account registrations coming from Africa, them lot including, Enom, HostGator etc, they all do the same.

They will put accounts on-hold after collecting payment, for security and verification.

Absolutely ridiculous and this is why I personally don't recommend foreign web hosts. So if you ever wondered why Nigerian web hosting accounts get quickly terminated within months of registration there you go.

Hope this helps. smiley

Thanks I really appreciate your reply. I might host in Nigeria then but with a host company that can handle site with a large number of visitors..e.g nairaland
Re: Web Hosting In South Africa?? by WebHostingPal: 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
Fantasywrita:

Thanks I really appreciate your reply. I might host in Nigeria then but with a host company that can handle site with a large number of visitors..e.g nairaland

Glad to hear smiley and best of luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of An Internet Marketing Certificate from the WILDFUSION DIGITAL CENTER / Mozilla Firebug / Social Live Exchange Account For Grab!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.