Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses (19608 Views)

London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians / The Bussinesses You Must Do To Make Money Online / Free Report On Bussinesses Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by mbakweich: 8:31am On Jul 15, 2014
God bless u @op, I am facing similar problem from dat ikeja district too. I live in a room @ ogba, but these bastereds keep giving me bills of about 10000 naira monthly with the bills rising like an arithmetic progression with a common difference of 3000 naira. I have written dozens of letter but still no improvement. I have discided to ignore their bills and keep paying a constant amount of 4000 whether light dey or not. May electric shock dem anyday they attempt to disconnect my line. In all I pray for thunder to fire those their greedy ogas at the top for bringing pains to ppl instead of comfort.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by lastpage: 8:32am On Jul 15, 2014
Nigerians need to understand that we are under siege and these leeches will not stop until they suck the life out of all of us, in their penchant to be individually richer than the world bank! Dont ask me what they do with the money. I am not politically affiliated but l can tell you that while you'all fight and support one party over another, the criminals in these parties don't give a hoot about the populace, all they care about is the money they make from our poor sweat and if we continue to be stupid as we have been, there will be no end to this punishment and infliction of pain.
Instead, like the Op mentioned, they will drive a "honest man" to look for dishonest ways of surviving but then, they would also be the ones to put you behind bars (if not shot by their silly Police) for violating the law ... laws which they themselves violate with impunity and without any consequence!
I see a lot of Nigerians just dying under the weight of "trying to survive on a daily basis" when they could have channeled half of that energy into ensuring that we have a good and responsible government that cares about the people.

Boko Haram is not even our greatest threat in Nigeria (those ones are just deranged, religious fanatics); our greatest problem are our leaders (past and present) who have turned us into ATM machines for their unending greed, inhuman oppression and ostentatious life-style.
These band of vipers will not let-go peacefully, they are used to looting, oppressing and sucking the blood of ordinary hardworking Nigerians, with impunity and the only language they understand is "forceful protest". One writer said "Fear is the key that unlocks the pocket of the rich oppressors".

Think about it. In every country that have turned around to cater for its citizens, it is "the fear of mass revolt" that made their leaders listen to the citizens, how do you think Nigeria's case, a country whose leaders are noted for their "legendary greed", can be different.
Nigerians must wise-up or continue to suffer the consequence, till death but l know that "One day, when the level of poverty becomes truly unbearable.... (remember the second republic Senator/Minister, Umaru Dikko of NPN in those days, who said he is yet to see Nigerians eating from the dustbins?), ....that is when Nigerians whose life has really lost all meaning, will rise-up and say "Enough is Enough, better to die with dignity than to live in abject poverty".

For now, we ain't see nothing yet, let the suffering be further ramped-up. We are still lucky we have other countries (whose citizens fought their battle, to emancipate themselves), to run to. Those doors are closing by the day.
I WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY.

Lastpage!

5 Likes

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by SIRcumalot: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2014
When I saw my last nepa bill I cut down nepa wire myself
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Jesuspikin87(m): 8:36am On Jul 15, 2014
Moved into a new apt december last year.....bills were reasonable for months of Jan, Feb, March,....April, May, June bills were outrageous on an aveRge of 15k...wetin I dey use? ....1Ac...Refrigerator.....1TV. To crown it all...the light isnt even stable, epileptic supply.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by sanandreas(m): 8:49am On Jul 15, 2014
[quote author=asuustrike1]
do they do. load shedding in Eku? for abraka na just yesterday light come and it went off this morning by 5a.m.who are you guys shedding load with and what of the sapele line that is under construction

The sapele line has not been finished. Abraka light na case study. Eku is better.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by sosereal201(m): 8:50am On Jul 15, 2014
nkpommpko: Until nigerians unanimously learn to say enough is enough we shall not see the end of this.
well said .until we take the bull by the horn and confront our problems which are our oppressors and not necessarily violently. we will keep complaining and these people will keep smiling to the bank at our expense.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Besto(m): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2014
WisePer: Brief Intro:
I and my wife run a Photo Studio which opened for business at Anthony Village Lagos in March 2014, The delay was partly because of our insistence on having our power consumption metered, after waiting for many months for PHCN Ikeja Disco to supply us with a Meter as i paid for the one-room apartment in Oct. 2013.

I met PHCN Ikeja DISCO Senior Marketing Manager at Alausa Head office in August 2014, and persistently visited her office for more than twenty times before they finally installed a Digital post-paid meter to my Studio in December 2014.

PHCN marketer read my meter in March and April 2014 and stopped, when i inquired from the marketer in-charge of my street ( Adebayo Mokuolu Street, Anthony Village ) , she informed me that the batch of meters that were supplied then had Factory defect and the management asked them to place everyone that had the meter installed for on ESTIMATED CONSUMPTION. She promised that the Company will replace the faulty meter with a new one early this month( July 2014).

I was shocked to my bone marrow when my Bill for the month of May 2014 was delivered last month and I was billed fifften thousand , one hundred and seven naira, ( N15, 107), an amount I am not sure i realized from the months proceeds . I went to their Mende office to lodge my complaint and the same marketing officer wrote on a copy of my Nepa bill and promised to affect the change in the next billing.
Worth noting that I also visited IKEDC Head Office Customer care at Aluasa the same day to lodge the same complaint, they took my details and promised their engineers will call me within days to evaluate the meter and ascertain whether it is faulty or not. At the time of this post, I have not had any call from them.

The greater shock came today when the bill for June was delivered and I had fourteen Thousand four hundred and thirty nine naira ( N14, 439 ) to pay. It might interest you to know that my previous bills for March and April were below 2,000 as business is slowly picking up because we are new in the neighborhood.

I have made up my mind to write to PHCN to officially DISCONNECT me off from their supply and stop sending me their frustrating bills as I will make arrangement to source and install an INVERTER and manage it with my Gen set. With this I will be able to regulate my cost and spend on Fuel only when the need arises.

I am posting this on Nairaland seeking advise from Nairalanders if there are other better ways to sort out this issue. The two people that were in the shop before me were frustrated out because of PHCN bill, the woman there before i came sells frozen foods and PHCN was giving her 20,000+ as monthly bill. This formed my decision to forfeit some months rents waiting for the meter to be installed.

My Account No: 04/19/24/2505-01
Name : Racheal Fadeyibi
20 Adebayo Mokuolu Street,
Anthony Village,
Lagos.

You can post your advise here or reach me on ekomedia10@gmail.com

lagos...suffering and smiling
the lite z not even steady. .where am currently based..we njoy 22 hours steady supply err day with just 300naira per apartment and 2k per compound in a month.
Last bullet: cobwebs full my house for lag.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2014
WisePer: Thanks Polaris for your advise, I will visit their office like you said and pray something good comes out of it.

Sincerely, I cannot keep paying 15k as Electricity bill, my residential apartment where I have an AC, three Tv sets, Fridge and other appliances, I dont spend more than 4k every month cos i use Pre-paid meter. Why will IKEDC PHCN not make available pre-paid meters to its customers.
IKEDC/PHCN are deliberately exploiting Nigerians and this need to stop,
I feel the Privatization has not brought the much needed re-form we all crave for in the system.
Keep visiting their office but if nothing happens and you receive another estimated bill then take it on yourself to form a union-not registered, of those receiving estimated bills in the area, meet a lawyer and sue the company. Stop calling them PHCN, it is what makes the firms think they are untouchable.

I am also facing the same problem in my town. I leave home before 8 and return around 6. My billing was similar to yours except in three months where they gave me estimated bills and a backlog of 30k. This happened in March, April and may. Their tactic now is to force everyone to pay 50% of bills owed else they won't receive your payment and disconnect you.

I complained to my lawyer and she asked me to put my observation in writing and send it to their office, get it stamped and signed by their manager as proof that they received the letter then make a laminated copy and paste by your meter. This is what I did and they haven't tried to force me to pay my arrears. I suggest you do the same.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Oxone(m): 9:01am On Jul 15, 2014
lastpage:

I really feel for the Op and others in this debacle! Estimated Billing is and has always been a criminal way of fleecing people. You should count what is on the meter on monthly basis and issue bills accordingly. That "faulty meter" story is a blatant lie used to justify 'estimation' otherwise someone who ordered that meter in PHCN, needs to go to jail!

It appears that Nigerians are being railed into a new form of slavery, in their fatherland, by their own people in the 21st century.
Nigeria is not the only country in the world where electricity is being generated but we are unfortunate in the sense that the "regulators" and the "suppliers/providers" they are supposed to regulate ...and the government itself, have morphed into a single unit. Without being dramatic, we know that every humanbeing has a criminal tendency but they are only put into check by "laws and attached punishments".

Just imagine the situation we have now whereby our national assets like NEPA were privatized and sold cheaply to our previous and current leaders (using fronts), these same leaders (who are now owners) appoint Regulators who are under their bidding, to monitor their own company which they set up to fleece Nigerians?

For example, only in Nigeria can a DISCO not provide you electricity for a whole year and you are still charged and liable for #9,000 FIXED CHARGE (#750 FOR EVERY MONTH OF THAT YEAR). Now imagine in Lagos for example, if five million households have to pay 9,000 x 5,000,000?
Which implies the owner of each DISCO (The Babangidas, Abubakars, Madame Dame Jonathans , e.t.c, just go back and see the list of the owners of these DISCOS!) can rake in 45Billion Naira every year, in Lagos alone without lifting a finger! Fixed charge should/are always a percentage (say 5% ) of amount due in reasonable countries but in Nigeria, it has gradually got to around 50% (half) of the average household monthly bill!
Now, if such DISCO does decide to provide you with epileptic power, as most does, aside from the #45Billion "guaranteed income" it makes yearly, l dont know if you have noticed how the TARIFF (Unit charge of electricity) has been constantly increased from #2.50K, in the last three years or so, to #12.50K per unit, the last increase being in April this year? Thus, a five-fold increase in about three years!
Now, where in the world does "business" make such astronomical increase in revenue on the back of the populace, for something so important, so necessary and so unavoidable like electricity? Only in Nigeria, because these crooks want more and more money.

Lastpage!

That money actually goes to the regulatory body NERC (Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission). Now imagine N750/month for each house across the nation and you'll understand how much money these people put away and yet nothing works.

These are the people responsible for our problems because if they were doing their jobs of regulating the activities of the DISCOs, we would not be in this situation. those are the people who should beer the brunt of the masses frustration

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by olushowunm(m): 9:05am On Jul 15, 2014
@OP... My advice to you is to keep using the light till they disconnect you themselves... Maybe you will have finished your rent by then...Its not worth it.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Sibrah: 9:12am On Jul 15, 2014
The good thing about all these is the alternative power sources available. Solar, Hydrocarbon and bio-fuel. They know you would probably spend more than the 14/15 k they are billing you if you were to use gen. That's what you get when you allow men in Agbada acquire and run technical aspect of the economy.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by eggy(m): 9:39am On Jul 15, 2014
@OP... The simple solution would have been to get a prepaid meter (if its available). I doubt if your post paid meter is defective what I suspect is that:

1) The DISCO lacks the required Manpower to go around town reading meters bearing in mind the recent downsizing exercise.

2) They dubiously need to balance their books..

I was Once a victim I was billed N10k monthly until I managed to get a prepaid meter and with same amount I can comfortable do 4-6months without topping up (bearing in mind the light Isn't @ all constant)

Estimated bill is truly the height of deception and thievery!!! wonder why NERC is playing ostrich with this trend.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Nwa4Jesus(f): 9:56am On Jul 15, 2014
[b]I met PHCN Ikeja DISCO Senior Marketing Manager at Alausa Head office in August 2014, and persistently visited her office for more than twenty times before they finally installed a Digital post-paid meter to my Studio in [/b]December 2014.

Pls check ur post vs the year..... December 2014?
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 15, 2014
WisePer: Brief Intro:
I and my wife run a Photo Studio which opened for business at Anthony Village Lagos in March 2014, The delay was partly because of our insistence on having our power consumption metered, after waiting for many months for PHCN Ikeja Disco to supply us with a Meter as i paid for the one-room apartment in Oct. 2013.

I met PHCN Ikeja DISCO Senior Marketing Manager at Alausa Head office in August 2014, and persistently visited her office for more than twenty times before they finally installed a Digital post-paid meter to my Studio in December 2014.

PHCN marketer read my meter in March and April 2014 and stopped, when i inquired from the marketer in-charge of my street ( Adebayo Mokuolu Street, Anthony Village ) , she informed me that the batch of meters that were supplied then had Factory defect and the management asked them to place everyone that had the meter installed for on ESTIMATED CONSUMPTION. She promised that the Company will replace the faulty meter with a new one early this month( July 2014).

I was shocked to my bone marrow when my Bill for the month of May 2014 was delivered last month and I was billed fifften thousand , one hundred and seven naira, ( N15, 107), an amount I am not sure i realized from the months proceeds . I went to their Mende office to lodge my complaint and the same marketing officer wrote on a copy of my Nepa bill and promised to affect the change in the next billing.
Worth noting that I also visited IKEDC Head Office Customer care at Aluasa the same day to lodge the same complaint, they took my details and promised their engineers will call me within days to evaluate the meter and ascertain whether it is faulty or not. At the time of this post, I have not had any call from them.

The greater shock came today when the bill for June was delivered and I had fourteen Thousand four hundred and thirty nine naira ( N14, 439 ) to pay. It might interest you to know that my previous bills for March and April were below 2,000 as business is slowly picking up because we are new in the neighborhood.

I have made up my mind to write to PHCN to officially DISCONNECT me off from their supply and stop sending me their frustrating bills as I will make arrangement to source and install an INVERTER and manage it with my Gen set. With this I will be able to regulate my cost and spend on Fuel only when the need arises.

I am posting this on Nairaland seeking advise from Nairalanders if there are other better ways to sort out this issue. The two people that were in the shop before me were frustrated out because of PHCN bill, the woman there before i came sells frozen foods and PHCN was giving her 20,000+ as monthly bill. This formed my decision to forfeit some months rents waiting for the meter to be installed.

My Account No: 04/19/24/2505-01
Name : Racheal Fadeyibi
20 Adebayo Mokuolu Street,
Anthony Village,
Lagos.

You can post your advise here or reach me on ekomedia10@gmail.com
Pay something like 2k Abeg... leave the rest, they wont touch your light..
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2014
capip120: na today? this guyz are so clueless and dumb that they just give you any bill to pay. me wey they pay 2,000 before all of a sudden my bill reach 33,000 this happened as a result of some many unreflected months of payment without anything to show for, even when I went to complain about this they just write one jargon on your bill and tell you d next one will reflect this went on for so many months and I gave up! not to mention the four months wey them come remove transformer say e Get problem one still these guy's were still bringing bills!na who wan pay? na monkey? the one that made me want to destroy their office is about five days ago precisely last week I went to pay my bill with my 2,000 as I was about entering I met a lady before the door she sat on a chair resting her hands on a table, she called my and told me to bring my bill so she could sign I brought it to her she saw 33, 000 and asked me how much I wanted to pay? I told 2,000 she said it ain't possible dat am supposed to pay more. with excessive temerity I looked at her and said look woman! this happened as a result of gross misconduct and mismanagement of dis office I went on to explain how it all started I was'nt even finished she started begging me to stop, I looked at her once again with tenacity, said my prayers and left.
It happens always.. them know me at the jos Office here na...Bill of 20,000# , i go carry 1.5k my thing..Them no born person papa well to tell me say I'm supposed to pay more..NEPA pipo eh.. if you no open eye for them, them go d misbehave!
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by MadCow1: 10:42am On Jul 15, 2014
[b]DEAR OP, And all those it may interest,

There is a saying that goes thus; If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

I have taken the time to read through this thread and its very disappointing how Nigerians are so so ignorant of the polity of Nigeria and their rights as contained threrin.

Your case is very simple. Estimated billing has been stopped from what I heard (I may be wrong). However, if you feel like you are being over-charged for power or your service is unsatisfactory, what you need to do is gather all the necessary documentation and evidence and write a letter to the NATIONAL ELECTRICITY REGULATION COMMISSION (NERC). They are the ones put there by the government to protect consumers.

Gather all your bills, reciept of meter purchase, the meter number, date of purchase.date or reciept of meter and date of installation and all bills paied before, during and after the meter and draft a well articulated letter stating the names of the station you dealt with and names of the DISCO personnel you have been in touch with and forward it to them.

You can first send a copy to the DISCO as a form of threat (which is dont advise as it gives them the pre-warning they need to come up with a defence).

Its the same thing for telecoms. If you feel your Network provider is fhucking you up your waazoo, simply write a petition to the telecoms regulatory body. They do work as these companies are fined for every offence they commit.

#Goodluck..
[/b]
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Fernandinho: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2014
This has been happening. Smh
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by inteli: 11:03am On Jul 15, 2014
Is'nt this what our house of asembly should protect us against? Alas! they have been compromised & the general well being of the common Nigerian is not their concern. Pathetic!
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by ayoola2002(m): 11:07am On Jul 15, 2014
mbakweich: God bless u @op, I am facing similar problem from dat ikeja district too. I live in a room @ ogba, but these bastereds keep giving me bills of about 10000 naira monthly with the bills rising like an arithmetic progression with a common difference of 3000 naira. I have written dozens of letter but still no improvement. I have discided to ignore their bills and keep paying a constant amount of 4000 whether light dey or not. May electric shock dem anyday they attempt to disconnect my line. In all I pray for thunder to fire those their greedy ogas at the top for bringing pains to ppl instead of comfort.
Amen
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by HIV1: 11:08am On Jul 15, 2014
I have 100% annoyance writing this, in as much as I wont like to write detail of what this NEPA/PHCN/IBEDC have done to me because there were many instances. I think I need to say this , the previous government managing electricity distribution as well as the so called private owners and their workers have always been thieves. Tell me what is meaning of meter maintenance, presently meter maintenance fee is 750 naira . The concept of meter maintenace is even a fraud . It is only in Nigeria that I will use my money to procure meter, pay connection fee and every month will still be paying 750 naira for maintenance of the meter even when the equipment deveolps no fault. The implication of this is that without power supply PHCN will rake 750 multiply by no of customers e.g the estimated number of customers in Ibadan Elecricity Distribution Company is 1.2m . This means without power supply Abdusalam and co that embezled 6 billion dollars of Nigerian Money in six months will rake in N750 * 1200000.
In a country where there is no job and people are trying to make ends meet , and this power is the backbone of any business in Nigeria. Masses must do something ; revolte because they (NEPA) have killed many businesses- I still remember how I closed down my business center / cyber cafe due currupt practices of these unrepentant and malfunctining organisation called PHCN. Also what is the role of National Elecricity Distribution Company ( NERC) in power regulation and customer protection.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by otunbakolawole(m): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2014
Op, send a letter of complain to the Ikeja office, copy the same letter to DG NERC Abuja Headquarters, also Consumer Protection Council DG.

it will ginger them
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Toktee(m): 11:13am On Jul 15, 2014
asuustrike1:
do they do. load shedding in Eku? for abraka na just yesterday light come and it went off this morning by 5a.m.who are you guys shedding load with and what of the sapele line that is under construction
Just come to okpanam area of asaba,every yard has a generating set,some has two,the last time we saw light was tuesday last week around 11pm we wokeup without light.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Jeovy(m): 11:35am On Jul 15, 2014
A paying lawyer in my plaza in onitsha owes PHCN about 5million plus because of illegal billing format. For me I simply beg them to disconnect my office. it is disturbing really
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by kwaraauto: 11:59am On Jul 15, 2014
Lets revolt. This is gross cheating. It happens everywhere in Nigeria.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by NET1(m): 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
I thought I was the only one suffering from this. As I write this piece, I have not seen a flash of electricity for the past 3 weeks in my Business place. When I moved into my new office, there was an outstanding debt of over 300K incurred by the last occupant. I complained to PHCN abi NEPA (I no know the one wey dem be again) about the outstanding bill, but was asked to pay it regardless. I opposed it and it led to disruption of my electricity for over 2 months. Caretaker later sorted them out sha.

Fast forward to today: The Light situation has plummeted and is adversely affecting my business. What pisses me off is the way these guys come to disconnect us, even when we've not had light for weeks. We are expecting them to come for disconnection anytime soon.

I run an ICT business (and you know, this business requires steady Power supply). At first, I was using dipping my hands into my reserves, but now I got no more reserves and everything seems to be crumbling apart. Last night, I almost felt like crying. Imagine spending 5k -6K daily on Fuel. How does that sound? These bastards don't want to understand what someone is going through. For the first time since I started this business, I have to owe my staff (last month of June). Why? The little money I make from the business is used to fuel the Generator.

I just decided to get an inverter and save my self the stress of PHCN.

.NET
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
darne: [size=32pt]AND I JUST COMPLAINED ABOUT THE SAME THING YESTERDAY, ALONE AT HOME,.....I THINK ITS HIGH TIME WE DO did SOMETHING ON THIS, WE DONT GET POWER SUPPLY, BUT WE RECEIVE BILLS WITH OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNTS/CHARGES ON THEM,.. WHAT REALLY IS GOING ON WITH PHCN AND THEIR NEW AND ADVANCED WAY OF DEFRAUDING COMMON NIGERIANS ?

IKEDC/PHCN WE NEED AN ANSWER TO THESE QUESTIONS !!!! [/size] angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by otokx(m): 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Small businesses are really suffering in Nigeria, public electricity supply is oh so poor in many areas.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by delishpot: 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
experimentist: Generate your own power by yourself... A new tech I develop.. Very soon PHCN will die. My new method of power generation will take over the power industry and I'll be exporting electricity to Ghana, Congo, Angola even SA.. Jx relax I'm still working on it.. Procedures: get two big drums filled with charcoals, pour 5 litre of fuel inside. Get some chemicals and..... To be continued.. I will av to open a thread on dis

Shey hot charcoal?
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by dad007(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
lastpage: Nigerians need to understand that we are under siege and these leeches will not stop until they suck the life out of all of us, in their penchant to be individually richer than the world bank! Dont ask me what they do with the money. I am not politically affiliated but l can tell you that while you'all fight and support one party over another, the criminals in these parties don't give a hoot about the populace, all they care about is the money they make from our poor sweat and if we continue to be stupid as we have been, there will be no end to this punishment and infliction of pain.
Instead, like the Op mentioned, they will drive a "honest man" to look for dishonest ways of surviving but then, they would also be the ones to put you behind bars (if not shot by their silly Police) for violating the law ... laws which they themselves violate with impunity and without any consequence!
I see a lot of Nigerians just dying under the weight of "trying to survive on a daily basis" when they could have channeled half of that energy into ensuring that we have a good and responsible government that cares about the people.

Boko Haram is not even our greatest threat in Nigeria (those ones are just deranged, religious fanatics); our greatest problem are our leaders (past and present) who have turned us into ATM machines for their unending greed, inhuman oppression and ostentatious life-style.
These band of vipers will not let-go peacefully, they are used to looting, oppressing and sucking the blood of ordinary hardworking Nigerians, with impunity and the only language they understand is "forceful protest". One writer said "Fear is the key that unlocks the pocket of the rich oppressors".

Think about it. In every country that have turned around to cater for its citizens, it is "the fear of mass revolt" that made their leaders listen to the citizens, how do you think Nigeria's case, a country whose leaders are noted for their "legendary greed", can be different.
Nigerians must wise-up or continue to suffer the consequence, till death but l know that "One day, when the level of poverty becomes truly unbearable.... (remember the second republic Senator/Minister, Umaru Dikko of NPN in those days, who said he is yet to see Nigerians eating from the dustbins?), ....that is when Nigerians whose life has really lost all meaning, will rise-up and say "Enough is Enough, better to die with dignity than to live in abject poverty".

For now, we ain't see nothing yet, let the suffering be further ramped-up. We are still lucky we have other countries (whose citizens fought their battle, to emancipate themselves), to run to. Those doors are closing by the day.
I WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY.

Lastpage!
I just want to thank you for what you have written up there...May God bless you.I myself have been oppotune to live among this so call politicians..... mehn, this people don't care about the masses not even an inch.And the irony of it is that,they are so fearful(bunch of cowards)and that is what even makes them more dangerous.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by delishpot: 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
Besto:

lagos...suffering and smiling
the lite z not even steady. .where am currently based..we njoy 22 hours steady supply err day with just 300naira per apartment and 2k per compound in a month.
Last bullet: cobwebs full my house for lag.

Where you base?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Devaluation: IMF Versus Buhari - Henry Boyo / The Craziest Things Money Can Buy In Nigeria / Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.