Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses (19611 Views)

London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians / The Bussinesses You Must Do To Make Money Online / Free Report On Bussinesses Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by WisePer: 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
Brief Intro:
I and my wife run a Photo Studio which opened for business at Anthony Village Lagos in March 2014, The delay was partly because of our insistence on having our power consumption metered, after waiting for many months for PHCN Ikeja Disco to supply us with a Meter as i paid for the one-room apartment in Oct. 2013.

I met PHCN Ikeja DISCO Senior Marketing Manager at Alausa Head office in August 2014, and persistently visited her office for more than twenty times before they finally installed a Digital post-paid meter to my Studio in December 2014.

PHCN marketer read my meter in March and April 2014 and stopped, when i inquired from the marketer in-charge of my street ( Adebayo Mokuolu Street, Anthony Village ) , she informed me that the batch of meters that were supplied then had Factory defect and the management asked them to place everyone that had the meter installed for on ESTIMATED CONSUMPTION. She promised that the Company will replace the faulty meter with a new one early this month( July 2014).

I was shocked to my bone marrow when my Bill for the month of May 2014 was delivered last month and I was billed fifften thousand , one hundred and seven naira, ( N15, 107), an amount I am not sure i realized from the months proceeds . I went to their Mende office to lodge my complaint and the same marketing officer wrote on a copy of my Nepa bill and promised to affect the change in the next billing.
Worth noting that I also visited IKEDC Head Office Customer care at Aluasa the same day to lodge the same complaint, they took my details and promised their engineers will call me within days to evaluate the meter and ascertain whether it is faulty or not. At the time of this post, I have not had any call from them.

The greater shock came today when the bill for June was delivered and I had fourteen Thousand four hundred and thirty nine naira ( N14, 439 ) to pay. It might interest you to know that my previous bills for March and April were below 2,000 as business is slowly picking up because we are new in the neighborhood.

I have made up my mind to write to PHCN to officially DISCONNECT me off from their supply and stop sending me their frustrating bills as I will make arrangement to source and install an INVERTER and manage it with my Gen set. With this I will be able to regulate my cost and spend on Fuel only when the need arises.

I am posting this on Nairaland seeking advise from Nairalanders if there are other better ways to sort out this issue. The two people that were in the shop before me were frustrated out because of PHCN bill, the woman there before i came sells frozen foods and PHCN was giving her 20,000+ as monthly bill. This formed my decision to forfeit some months rents waiting for the meter to be installed.

My Account No: 04/19/24/2505-01
Name : Racheal Fadeyibi
20 Adebayo Mokuolu Street,
Anthony Village,
Lagos.

You can post your advise here or reach me on ekomedia10@gmail.com

7 Likes

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Polaris1: 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
You will have to keep visiting the PHCN Disco until they CORRECT their previous erroneous bills, and repair or replace your defective meter.
From my experience an inverter+generator is not a cost effective option no matter what inverter sellers say.
I assume you use high wattage lights and an air-conditioner in your studio.
(Five 200amps batteries which I think you will need costs about N250,000 and that is for backup batteries alone!)

Don't ask for a disconnection. Persist in your effort to save your young business.
If you have made twenty visits, Ten more visits wouldn't hurt as long as you get the anomaly corrected.
Good luck.

14 Likes

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by WisePer: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thanks Polaris for your advise, I will visit their office like you said and pray something good comes out of it.

Sincerely, I cannot keep paying 15k as Electricity bill, my residential apartment where I have an AC, three Tv sets, Fridge and other appliances, I dont spend more than 4k every month cos i use Pre-paid meter. Why will IKEDC PHCN not make available pre-paid meters to its customers.
IKEDC/PHCN are deliberately exploiting Nigerians and this need to stop,
I feel the Privatization has not brought the much needed re-form we all crave for in the system.

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by ATH: 5:43am On Jul 15, 2014
write a letter and take it to their ikeja office. Make a copy of the letter and make sure whoever received it acknowledged it.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by justi4jesu(f): 6:37am On Jul 15, 2014
Keep bombarding them with your letters and visits else.....
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by dridowu: 6:37am On Jul 15, 2014
Ok
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by B3sty(m): 6:37am On Jul 15, 2014
crazy!
to be frank, I've not read the news...Maybe Later.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Project400: 6:37am On Jul 15, 2014
sad sad
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by B3sty(m): 6:38am On Jul 15, 2014
Project400: sad sad
Busted!
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by LordMecuzy(m): 6:39am On Jul 15, 2014
Naija ;DNaija

Smelling Air 2015
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by mactoni91(m): 6:40am On Jul 15, 2014
Lost hope in our power distribution units long ago... Samething happens in every state. Anyways, UNIPORT post-utme form are available for those who chose uniport in their utme. For more info, log into our school's website

1 Like

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Edwardhead(m): 6:40am On Jul 15, 2014
Instead of you to write them through a lawyer... Now lemme read the post,

I made fp, God is on my side
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by sammieguze(m): 6:41am On Jul 15, 2014
I think the meter has a prob hence, the urgent need for replacement. You need to persist in ur effort
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by bumdish: 6:41am On Jul 15, 2014
My Broda, Nigeria robber, police, hospital, boko, lastma, custom, dana and now NEPA will not be our portion.

Here is the secret: Each district have income targets to meet...it is deliberate...the more effort one makes, the more they push the fellow from pillar to post...just keep writing letters at every opportunity, make them acknowledge a copy for you to retain...but last last, na padi padi fit solve the problem.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by oyatmicah(m): 6:42am On Jul 15, 2014
dnt worry by d time they start bringing #150,000 na den u go sabi say u for don buy generator. dos power holders. dem go steal our money finish come still dey form sabi ontop am
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 15, 2014
You visited their office August, 2014 shocked

6 Likes

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 15, 2014
CHai!
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by realone2012: 6:45am On Jul 15, 2014
JUST WANTED TO COMMENT..
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Pavore9: 6:46am On Jul 15, 2014
lt is painful.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 15, 2014
WisePer: Thanks Polaris for your advise, I will visit their office like you said and pray something good comes out of it.

Sincerely, I cannot keep paying 15k as Electricity bill, my residential apartment where I have an AC, three Tv sets, Fridge and other appliances, I dont spend more than 4k every month cos i use Pre-paid meter. Why will IKEDC PHCN not make available pre-paid meters to its customers.
IKEDC/PHCN are deliberately exploiting Nigerians and this need to stop,
I feel the Privatization has not brought the much needed re-form we all crave for in the system.
Edit the dates properly

1 Like

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by internetpo(m): 6:51am On Jul 15, 2014
Facing similar problems with the EKDC here in SURULERE. sad
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by amber222(f): 6:51am On Jul 15, 2014
call mr pekun adeyanju(08023001594).He is d head of all ikeja units.Ws gvn d no when i made a complain on their eko zone site.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by gunuvi(m): 6:52am On Jul 15, 2014
op I so much like your writing style. u go sabi report person wella.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by gabriel212: 6:53am On Jul 15, 2014
op we are yet in August 2014.
The estimated billing process is criminal in all definition. Imagine in a case where there was no power supply for 3 weeks, I was bill 5k for the remaining 4 days power supply which wasn't up to 5 hrs a day. But I had resorted to paying constant amount every month regardless of the bill I am given.
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by sanandreas(m): 6:56am On Jul 15, 2014
The way BEDC estimate bill is weird. Our bill keep rising astronomically. We hardly see the light. We started with a bill of 2100 2 years ago for our residence. Now it is 5230. I asked my dad if we are running pure water business or even ice cream. We shed load here in Eku delta state. We have enough transformers but the the *step down * has a small carrying capacity. BEDC is robbing us.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by yomalex(m): 6:57am On Jul 15, 2014
write a letter and copy the regulatory body

1 Like

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by TRADELYN: 6:58am On Jul 15, 2014
undecided I hate watching businesses DiEee embarassed

1 Like

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by nkpommpko(m): 6:58am On Jul 15, 2014
Until nigerians unanimously learn to say enough is enough we shall not see the end of this.

8 Likes

Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by BUSHHUNTER: 7:01am On Jul 15, 2014
Ok
Re: PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses by nerodenero: 7:02am On Jul 15, 2014
Government Agencies stealing from the public since independence

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Craziest Things Money Can Buy In Nigeria / How Can I Triple 4million Naira In One Month In Nigeria? What Kind Of Business / Can 1.5 Million start up a phone accessories business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.