Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,968 members, 7,835,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. (18368 Views)

NMA To End Strike Soon! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / FG Begs To NMA To Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 10:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
youngdoctor: As a doctor..i can tel yu ds FG is schizophrenic...we ve made a mistake electing ds bastards.

No.. Rather, the govt has allowed you bastards have your way for too long!

11 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by youngdoctor(m): 10:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
adeoladrg:

d bastard dt made sure yu came to ds earth abiyu ingrate!

5 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Leopantro: 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
adeoladrg:

those "bastards" as you call them probably helped your mother in delivering you and aiding you when you fell sick while growing up.

why insult someone just to put your point across?

6 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by myspnigeria: 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ooshey.... I love this. now lets see what they would do
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by gabrielahamz(m): 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
Going by the Hippocratic oath which by the way is supposedly sacred, doctors ought to, first and foremost, heal. The incessant strikes by our Nigerian doctors is quite unfortunate. In warri early this week, doctors chased away patients from the hospitals. Can you for a minute imagine that? To be honest the Nigerian doctors are not the best of doctors, imagine a patient coming to the hospital with a simple eye cataract and going home blind. They operate shabby private hospitals while living on government dime. They go on strike at the slightest whim. Patients in critical condition, now crowd church auditoriums for prayers instead of going to the hospitals. People are going to die as a result of this stupidity by the doctors.

4 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by freshprincex49(m): 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
This is a welcome development. Let the public get to know the details of their demands and the commitment of government. In most cases the leadership of these Associations hold the government to ransome and paint it in bad light. This debate will surely open a can of worms....the Minister seems sincere to me!

11 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by nationwide24: 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
I think this strike is an opportunity for JOHESU to really take over hospital management as doctors are empty vessels. No need for this debate.

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by echarlz(m): 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
No need for debates pls. That will only waste more time and more lives. FG, NMA, ARD, JOHESU and indeed all hate-filled Nigerian masses who feel doctors' demands are greedy, arrogant and misplaced have a very easy way out of this problem... PRIVATISATION. Simple. Let government privatise all the services in federal hospitals to start with. Medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists, optometrists, lab scientists/tech, engineers, accountants everybody should work and justify their earnings. It will be clearer who are greedy. I am a medical doctor and I have had the privilege of working at all levels of care- primary, secondary and tertiary and in both private and public hospitals. I haven't seen it all but I appreciate the difference and know what good service delivery and client satisfaction mean.
The money FG will save from the privatisation should go into providing insurance coverage for Nigerians depending on their employment status and vulnerability. Who is afraid of 100% health insurance coverage for Nigerians as stated in the doctors' demands?
Govt should please take this measure. it may be difficult at the initial stage but the whole country and her citizens will be better for it. Let anyone also be able to open and run hospitals and place whichever category of health professional to head it.

6 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Isaacdom(m): 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
All i just knw is dat all dis will bcom a story 1 day
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
Leopantro:

those "bastards" as you call them probably helped your mother in delivering you and aiding you when you fell sick while growing up.

They were placed there! Who took care of delivery during the Bible days? Wasn't it the nursing mothers? Society and development placed you in that role.. Don't make me look like an ingrate.

9 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by cococandy(f): 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
Is this how you plan to represent your group in the debate?
When you can't even type in straight forward english. How can we take you seriously?
What language do you intend to employ in the debate?
youngdoctor: As a doctor..i can tel yu ds FG is schizophrenic...we ve made a mistake electing ds bastards.
Ok,wat do dey expct frm d debate...we call of d strike?IMPOSSICANT..dey re jst making us feel more special and needed..
1).poly guys on strike
2).college of edu.guys on strike.
3).no intrvention into O.A.U's mata.
4).Chibok girls ve bn frgotten.
5)football has bn banned.
6).me nd ma colleagues and seniors on strike.
7)total blackout here in akure.
Nd yu cal ds a government...i laff in physics....F*ckd up pipu..shioor

9 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Leopantro: 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
freshprincex49: This is a welcome development. Let the public get to know the details of their demands and the commitment of government. In most cases the leadership of these Associations hold the government to ransome and paint it in bad light. This debate will surely open a can of worms....the Minister seems sincere to me!

are you sure he is sincere? when a frog starts running in the daytime, you can be sure something is chasing it.
wasn't there a recent change in ministers recently?

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by cococandy(f): 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
freshprincex49: This is a welcome development. Let the public get to know the details of their demands and the commitment of government. In most cases the leadership of these Associations hold the government to ransome and paint it in bad light. This debate will surely open a can of worms....the Minister seems sincere to me!

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Leopantro: 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
adeoladrg:

They were placed there! Who took care of delivery during the Bible days? Wasn't it the nursing mothers? Society and development placed you in that role.. Don't make me look like an ingrate.

I'm not making you look like an ingrate and we are not talking about the Bible days. we are talking about YOU. would you agree that doctors had a significant contribution to your being alive today,from childbirth till now?

4 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by AdeniyiA(m): 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
grin
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by sulmeza(m): 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by AdeniyiA(m): 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
grin grin d FG na bunch of Baba Sala & Baba Suwe combined
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by youngdoctor(m): 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
cococandy: Is this how you plan to represent your group in the debate?
When you can't even type in straight forward english. How can we take you seriously?
What language do you intend to employ in the debate?
probably 1 of dose patients...dnt have time for your blabbing

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by IYANGBALI: 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
Docors over to you,I dare you to accept this challenge. Bunch of heartless,greedy,wicked and self centered people.

7 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
echarlz: No need for debates pls. That will only waste more time and more lives. FG, NMA, ARD, JOHESU and indeed all hate-filled Nigerian masses who feel doctors' demands are greedy, arrogant and misplaced have a very easy way out of this problem... PRIVATISATION. Simple. Let government privatise all the services in federal hospitals to start with. Medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists, optometrists, lab scientists/tech, engineers, accountants everybody should work and justify their earnings. It will be clearer who are greedy. I am a medical doctor and I have had the privilege of working at all levels of care- primary, secondary and tertiary and in both private and public hospitals. I haven't seen it all but I appreciate the difference and know what good service delivery and client satisfaction mean.
The money FG will save from the privatisation should go into providing insurance coverage for Nigerians depending on their employment status and vulnerability. Who is afraid of 100% health insurance coverage for Nigerians as stated in the doctors' demands?
Govt should please take this measure. it may be difficult at the initial stage but the whole country and her citizens will be better for it. Let anyone also be able to open and run hospitals and place whichever category of health professional to head it.
Gbam !
I am rightly behind you brother......that's just the way forward out of this present mess .
The only challenge is how common man on the street would be able to afford quality health care service if health sector is privatised .
I have lost count of how much I assisted indigent patients as a medical student, house officer, medical officer and even registrar financially !

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by IYANGBALI: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
Leopantro:

that was when doctors were human beings not now that they only think of money,money,money,money

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by BashBB: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
Uuuumm ok lemme get this straight....so when it comes to political aspirants to debate they happily scrab it off the table, but when it comes strike issue..."Let's go and debate"...ok....got it

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
Leopantro:

I'm not making you look like an ingrate and we are not talking about the Bible days. we are talking about YOU. would you agree that doctors had a significant contribution to your being alive today,from childbirth till now?

Of course i would. But that won't make me stereotyped. I would say the truth when I see it. The egoistic doctors demands are baseless and irrational! Am i the only one that came to the world through a doctor? Vamoose oga!

7 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by ideycraze: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
sonofaGod: FOOLS,keep dispaying arrogance and animosity towards doctors till u will require doctors services to save your lives or that of your loved ones one day.that's when u will recognise their importance in society.there is a good reason y doctors are leaving this countries in droves more than benin gals are going to italy because society has failed to give them their dues even though d same society expects so much from them

Enough of this doctors- save- lives noise.Doctors are important so are all other professions
Are doctors the only ones leaving the country? People from all facets of lives have been leaving the country since God knows when. Nobody should come and threaten us here ,should i donate my balls to doctors because i don't want them to leave the country? Engineers ,Lawyers,Biochemists,Welders,Bricklayers,Alagbo Jedi,et al all leave this country on a daily basis and nobody is crying foul,if u want to leave what are you waiting for?
You come here to tell us how important the doctors are on a daily basis,Who is not important?
Are the Abokis who rear cows not important?
What about the fishermen? What about drivers who move petroleum products from one place to the other? Can doctors dig boreholes?
In todays world of Medicine,what can a doctor do without electricity? Did the doctors invent electricity? Are they more important than the bricklayers who built the hospitals? Are they more important that the Engineers who build roads? The cars they drive,did the doctors manufacture them or can the carry out repairs on them?Can doctors fix ACs? What about the beds they use in the hospitals? Can they produce them?

Show me a doctor who says Medicine is the most important profession then i will show you a complete foool

33 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by gabicon: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
I believe we live in a civilised society and things need be done orderly. First of all the minister tone points to the fact that he has not sat down to discuss with the doctors on what their grievances are. Secondly he should state the demans made by the doctors and corelate it with how the FG has met such demands. It evident that he wants to play on the emotions of Nigerians because he knows we need health care no matter how poor it is and that we are angry about d striking doctors.
One thing he should also note is that Nigerians don't trust their government, I mean dey said similar stuffs during the ASUU strike and they still haven't done anything about our brothers n sisters in the polytechnics.
The question to mr minister is can he bring his colleagues from abroad to our hospitals and still raise his head high? Our hospitals are in sorry state oh my he can't know that he gets treated for head ache in Europe.

FG should wake up to their responsibility then and then only will we be able to put things like strike action behind us.

7 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by echarlz(m): 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
casket:
Gbam !
I am rightly behind you brother......that's just the way forward out of this present mess .
The only challenge is how common man on the street would be able to afford quality health care service if health sector is privatised .
I have lost count of how much I assisted indigent patients as a medical student, house officer, medical officer and even registrar financially !

No need to worry. We do that everyday but I realise it is one of the reasons for the hatred- that we are able to contribute for indigent patients. The burden of paying salaries, procuring drugs and equipment, building and maintaining structures will be taken off FG. So FG should be able to use the money saved and proceeds from sale of federal hospitals to provide health insurance for everyone as part of its social service responsibility to her citizens

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by moshoodn(m): 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
Truth is most doctors in Nigeria are not committed.

Most are in for the money.

What the hell happened to the Hippocrates Oath!

Only Nigerian Doctors strike in the world (quote me on this anywhere). Does that mean all other governments of the world are performing optimally in the Health Sector?

I'm not standing in for the FG, but if truly the docs respect the oath they took, they will be more diplomatic and tactical.

FGs all around the world are all evasive, so its not a Nigerian issue.

Coming to air to lay the issue to bare will only attact public sympathy to the more eloquent side.

I wish they resolve it soonest and people can get their treatments.

2 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by cococandy(f): 11:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
Scallywag
youngdoctor:
probably 1 of dose patients...dnt have time for your blabbing
Are you sure you can even spell the prescriptions correctly?

7 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
cococandy: Scallywag
Are you sure you can even spell the prescriptions correctly?

Easy on him aunty. He's prolly one of those medical students.

4 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
echarlz:

No need to worry. We do that everyday but I realise it is one of the reasons for the hatred- that we are able to contribute for indigent patients. The burden of paying salaries, procuring drugs and equipment, building and maintaining structures will be taken off FG. So FG should be able to use the money saved and proceeds from sale of federal hospitals to provide health insurance for everyone as part of its social service responsibility to her citizens
I love your spirit and optimism but you and I know how reliable and trustworthy our government is !
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dumodust(m): 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
nationwide24: I think this strike is an opportunity for JOHESU to really take over hospital management as doctors are empty vessels. No need for this debate.

very good point... they should go ahead... i wonder why they're busy ranting on this thread... bunch of jobless people, the same bunch opening threads about doctors all over the place, trying hard to create an importance that is not there... talk about yourself for once ... if you're so important, quit ranting and do your work in the hospital na, thought that was what you guys wanted... doctors are out, oya healthcare professionals do your own... see patients too... that's if you have any

6 Likes

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
Leopantro:

Everyone in society has input into each others life from those who make tyres and brake pads to those manufacturing needles and syringes or those who sell feeding bottles all have significant contributions no one is more "significant". Even dogs and goats have survived for millenia without doctors in their ranks so let no one group deify itself

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Cure Clipper Bumps / Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Rises To 3,000 As Infection Number Spikes. / My Phobia Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.