Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs (33776 Views)

American Police Sentenced To 263 Years In Prison For Raping Black Women / Oluwadamilare Baiyewu, Nigerian Rapist Jailed For 24 Years In The UK / Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by philips70(m): 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
BankuTilapia2: Nigerians are a big fat fuckinggggggg disgrace to Africans. Hahaaaaa greedy quick money madafuckerssss

100% sure these rants are composed from an #assylum cell in Rio de Janeiro. To think how slow you dark mudafuckers are. Brazil for that matter. I would rather birth a thief than birth a fool.

3 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Engen(m): 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
500GP: THIS IS A LESSON TO THE Igbos.
#WHY ALWAYS IBO?

Am not a tribalist, even most of my Igbo friends in the country we live are tired of their brothers... And as a Yoruba guy am tired of dis Yoruba yahoo, credit card scammers... I which I can form an elite machineries around the world and take out people bringing shame to Nigeria...Yoruba, igbo,Hausa,( yes have met an Hausa drug dealer) Edo, Deltans etc...#Nomore shame

4 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
coogar:
imagine such! private prisons gone corporate? only in america!!! and they keep lying to us it's a deterrent. yet, their murder rate hasn't gone down. this is modern slavery.

it's a joke!
263 years for narcotics? it's hilarious, the judge must have lost a close relative to drug overdose. grin

he should appeal or beg for death sentence. sit behind bars for 263 years makes no sense. the way they determine their sentencing out there is ridiculous. 263 years? bloody hell!

The prison system in America is worth $3.8 billion. Check this link out: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/02/private-prison-racket-103893.html#.U8EsjrFo3og It's more or less a cash-cow, with billions to be made off the backs of people caught up in the system.

It's funny that the American dream is about chasing The Benjamins. and the bigger your stack, the closer you're to the American dream. Cash rules everything. And the government created a system whereby they flood the country with narcotics, made it a lucrative enterprise - and on the flip-side created cash-making cages for the same people they use in selling these narcotics to innocent people(who just want to get high, and be sober about the stress of this world). Cray! Also, once you check the American drug laws, you'll actually feel sorry for those caught in that system.

Also, the craziest thing in the all drug madness is that: only the government wins since it makes money from both the supply and the prison system. Drug dealers and users are the biggest losers. Most dealers always end up either getting high on their own supply, dead, or in prison. And users are just eternally messed up. It's a crazy cycle.

He should've gone for a plea bargain, and begged them to allow him snitch(I don't condone snitching lool) on as many people as possible, since narcotics distribution isn't just a one-man thing - it always involves a lot of people. From the connect, to the middle guy, to all kinds of folks. And since he sells firearms, he would definitely have ears on the street, about some unsolved crimes. Crime underworld madness. Or just appeal it, and beg NGOs, especially the black ones for help.

Anyway, that's why Netherlands will always be the coolest country on the planet to me, since everything is legal. You can go to the red light district in Amsterdam, and smoke yourself to stupor, without anyone harassing you. grin

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Engen(m): 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

Regardless, it's unfair. This isn't the slavery era, and everyone has a right. I don't condone what he did, but they can't just pull numbers out of their ar.ses and jail people for centuries like that. It's just wickedness. And I'm sure there are tons of people in the American prison system that have been sentenced like this guy, for no just cause.

He isn't Rayful Edmond, Alpo, Freeway Rick Ross, Big Meech, or Ricky Barnes. And all these guys had many body counts on them, but non of them even got 50 years behind bars. Those Southern states are stuck in the slavery era.

Whatever...yes the system might be lacking...but still better than those countries that would hang him...
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
gratiaeo: This thread would not have made front page if the offender was not Okafor.
Is Okafor your brother?

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Engen:
Whatever...yes the system might be lacking...but still better than those countries that would hang him...

Don't compare 3rd world countries, to a country that prides itself in being the leader of the new world and a western country. Especially when those targeted are mostly black folks. It's not right.

And it's not just this guy, there are hundreds, if not thousands of black people like him in prison. 263 years for what? Do white serial killers even get that?

2 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by 9jatatafo(m): 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
That man is an American because he has been living in the US for almost 30 years. Anyway, this man took his hustling too far! Well he's got free food and accommodation since he just gained admission into govt secondary school.

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by vislabraye(m): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
Smartsyn: He had a shot to a fulfilled life, but he blew it.

A slowpoke that could not reason like an Igbo man, maintain the 'flying eagle ' store and still run your drugs without drawing suspicion.

263years like say you be Methuselah..
. He's foolish because he got caught !! So a smart Igbo will never get caught. I hear you.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by vislabraye(m): 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
The punishment is too harsh. Did he kiLl someone haba!! Any way, he's not a Nigerian, he's an American.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by 500GP: 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
Engen:

Am not a tribalist, even most of my Igbo friends in the country we live are tired of their brothers... And as a Yoruba guy am tired of dis Yoruba yahoo, credit card scammers... I which I can form an elite machineries around the world and take out people bringing shame to Nigeria...Yoruba, igbo,Hausa,( yes have met an Hausa drug dealer) Edo, Deltans etc...#Nomore shame

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIDE UNDER YORUBA IDENTITY BEFORE YOU AIR YOUR VIEW.
YORUBA WANNA BE.

#WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ABOUT THE JUDGMENT
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by vislabraye(m): 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

Don't compare 3rd world countries, to a country that prides itself in being the leader of the new world and a western country. Especially when those targeted are mostly black folks. It's not right.

And it's not just this guy, there are hundreds, if not thousands of black people like him in prison. 263 years for what? Do white serial killers even get that?
. He doesn't have a good lawyer. I watch crime and Investigation and some people with man slaughter sometimes get weak sentences.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Akshow: 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
patrickdarlins: anoda boko haram on nairaland...dey never recognize peace...dey never accept peace....stay cool with ur arrogance man!!!
#ignoring trolls since 1914.#

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
I read somewhere that he played for the flying eagles for Nigeria hence the name of the "store"
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
vislabraye: . He doesn't have a good lawyer. I watch crime and Investigation and some people with man slaughter sometimes get weak sentences.

There's absolutely nothing lawyers could've done in this case, since he sold to undercover feds more than once. He's somewhat greedy. So, you can't defend against that. Heck, his lawyers tried by helping him reduce it from 560 years to 263 years. grin

Plea bargain would've been the best option. Plead guilty at first chance and start telling. grin
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
phillippiano: The industrialists are at it again. Guess they also developed the US.
lmao!! Ibos are MAD!!
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
Tribalists at it again! Dumbskulls fail to realize that some foreign prisons have way better standard of living that an average Nigerian could ever dream of....
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
Akshow: #ignoring trolls since 1914.#
ur time don done!!clap for urself.....
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
The Igbos are at it again! As usual!! @ Peppyluv ,Ur ppl have done what they are good at.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
rahazaqa: lmao!! Ibos are MAD!!
absolutely mad!!outrageously crazy!!!

2 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by coogar: 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

The prison system in America is worth $3.8 billion. Check this link out: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/02/private-prison-racket-103893.html#.U8EsjrFo3og It's more or less a cash-cow, with billions to be made off the backs of people caught up in the system.

It's funny that the American dream is about chasing The Benjamins. and the bigger your stack, the closer you're to the American dream. Cash rules everything. And the government created a system whereby they flood the country with narcotics, made it a lucrative enterprise - and on the flip-side created cash-making cages for the same people they use in selling these narcotics to innocent people(who just want to get high, and be sober about the stress of this world). Cray! Also, once you check the American drug laws, you'll actually feel sorry for those caught in that system.

Also, the craziest thing in the all drug madness is that: only the government wins since it makes money from both the supply and the prison system. Drug dealers and users are the biggest losers. Most dealers always end up either getting high on their own supply, dead, or in prison. And users are just eternally messed up. It's a crazy cycle.

He should've gone for a plea bargain, and begged them to allow him snitch(I don't condone snitching lool) on as many people as possible, since narcotics distribution isn't just a one-man thing - it always involves a lot of people. From the connect, to the middle guy, to all kinds of folks. And since he sells firearms, he would definitely have ears on the street, about some unsolved crimes. Crime underworld madness. Or just appeal it, and beg NGOs, especially the black ones for help.

Anyway, that's why Netherlands will always be the coolest country on the planet to me, since everything is legal. You can go to the red light district in Amsterdam, and smoke yourself to stupor, without anyone harassing you. grin

all the developed countries would soon adopt the dutch method. drugs should be legalised. let it be sold openly over the counter by registered stores and the average drug dealer would soon be made redundant.

the quality sold on the street has been mixed with all sorts of impurities to increase the quantity. so customers are paying a lot for crap quality. the government can cash in & price drug dealers out of the black market. that's the only viable solution.

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Akshow: 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
patrickdarlins: ur time don done!!clap for urself.....
jus saw ur profile pix now. I'm very sorry I replied u in the first place. Enjoy ur day kiddo.

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by BABE3: 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

Mark David Chapman (dude that murdered John Lennon) got 20 yrs to life (60 years). He was 25yrs old when he was sentenced.

John Hinckley (shot president Regan and three others) wasn't even found guilty.

Even If Felix was the sole drugs distributor for the whole of America, 263 years is very abnormal. Too Harsh.

I think the point of the sentence is to remove any ray of hope that he's getting out. The greatest thing you can take away from a prisoner is the hope that he'll someday be set free.

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
Akshow: jus saw ur profile pix now. I'm very sorry I replied u in the first place. Enjoy ur day kiddo.
and u think dats my pics??u need special attention...issoke....
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by napema(f): 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
263? Lol, in 15 yrs he is out again
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by napema(f): 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

I hate when people like you want to be judge just for the color. You are a stupid nigga
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by odinma1: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
My Igbo Brother has done it again. He is from Awka in Anambra state

Anambra Adigo Mma cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
napema:

I hate when people like you want to be judge just for the color. You are a stupid nigga

Please, stay in Africa, idi.otic slag.

Discerning minds who were raised in the western world know better.

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by napema(f): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

Please, stay in Africa, idi.otic slag.

Discerning minds who were raised in the western world know better.

You Feel inferior about people from the West. You are extremely stupid
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
napema:

You Feel inferior about people from the West. You are extremely stupid

No time for stark illiterates suffering from excess brain burns induced by African heat, with worshiping pale skin as their holy-grail.

And stop quoting me, you scandalous bellend! undecided

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by napema(f): 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

No time for stark illiterates suffering from excess brain burns induced by African heat, with worshiping pale skin as their holy-grail.

And stop quoting me, you scandalous bellend! undecided

Now you hate Africa? You are really, really, but really stupid! Now you go to suck some european c^cks if you think ur going to get something better, lol grin

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Engen(m): 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
500GP:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIDE UNDER YORUBA IDENTITY BEFORE YOU AIR YOUR VIEW.
YORUBA WANNA BE.

#WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ABOUT THE JUDGMENT

Really Yoruba wannabe? I won't say my name here but I think the judgment was by the book, No mercy d jury throw the book at him... Sad.. I get it, some people do all sorts to survive but the guy was not about survival but greed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toyosi Was "Wrongfully Restrained" by the Suspects - Police Release Statement / Zenith Bank Worker Hacks Into Customers’ Accounts, Transfers N3m (Photo) / Halima Umar: Corper Kidnapped On Her Way To Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.