Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs (33775 Views)

American Police Sentenced To 263 Years In Prison For Raping Black Women / Oluwadamilare Baiyewu, Nigerian Rapist Jailed For 24 Years In The UK / Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
This is 2012 news ,why is it making nairaland 2 years after?
The man has just only 261 years left

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by antartica(m): 10:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
shymexx:

Nah, I reject ya voodoo, you devilish soul.

God has blessed me and he'll continue to bless me. The most high made me in his own image, as a black man, and no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper.

Hanging my nuts on ya fvcked face is enough punishment - leave my nuts alone and stop quoting me, freaking troll.

Last reply to you, you scum of the earth. I had to rebuke that shyte.

You sound more like a bittch here man.You don't have to get into a serious argument with a woman.It belittles your manhood and sense of rationality to be cursing out with a woman or like a woman.Like a gay bittch,I am not saying you are,but that is how it seem like.There are more things men should worry about than proving a woman right or wrong,especially in virtual world.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
coogar:

the american judiciary system is a joke!
how many years more can okafor spend? he's 50+ already, he will be lucky to spend another 50 years more so what's the point throwing 263 years at him. life imprisonment sentence should suffice, what the heck is 263 years sentence?

Like another rooster already said, he was charged with various crimes all of which has their separate penalties.

People have been sentenced to 2 or 3 life sentences. I remember one guy that killed a pregnant mother, he was sentenced to two lit sentences, one for the mother and one for the unborn child.

Additionally it's also about the appeal process.

He can appeal some sentences and maybe get those charges dismissed and still leave some charges that carry 100 years so there won't be a need to retry him.

We came to the US about the same time. There's massive peer pressure on Nigerians here. I can see why he wanted to fly faster than his guardian angel. This country will easily corrupt you if your moral compass is not secure. I feel sorry for his kids (if any) he knew the penalty and he did the crime willingly. I have no concern for him and this should serve as a lesson to others. Even if you're cleaning corpses here in the US or taxi driver, please there's no shame in labor, don't do drug crime or yahoo yahoo, the long arms of the US law will eventually read you, even if you're in Nigeria.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
parki: The sentencing is unfair and biased. We are talking drug trafficking here and not murder. The US system allows for these white ph..ukers to mete out unfair judgement to black people.

Let me ask you a question, was the accused aware of the law and the penalty?

When I drive I most always go faster than the speed limit. I am aware of the law that I am violating and the penalty for it. It will beehive me to get caught and then to start whining.

How many Nigerians liv win Raleigh? How many got sentenced to 263 years?

Criminals need to get the book thrown at them, I thank the Judge for doing his job. Don't forget that this is a Federal judge and not a local yokel judge.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by sylve11: 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
cool
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
Allohrandy: Another racist sentencing by America prison business. The sentence is too harsh for selling drugs. A rich white person will not get that amount of time if convicted for the same crime
exactly!!
White people even get away with murder. eg. te guy that killed Trayvon Martin didn't even go down for manslaughter
what a shame

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by ayukdaboss(m): 12:00am On Jul 13, 2014
MissGdope:
exactly!!

Nice Dress wink
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 13, 2014
MissGdope:
exactly!!
White people even get away with murder. eg. te guy that killed Trayvon Martin didn't even go down for manslaughter
what a shame

Because he didn't commit any crime.

Florida has a Castle Doctrine Law and TM should be aware of this.

Yes, the guy shouldn't have approached him and should have waited for the Cops but then he picked on the wrong Guy because TM gave him a good whooping and once he was getting the snort kicked out of him that escalated to a case where he could legally defend himself with a gun.

Both of them were wrong but only one was acting legally. It sucks but deems the law.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 13, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Nice Dress wink

Thanks cheesy

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by billyG(m): 12:32am On Jul 13, 2014
hmmm,yigbo kwenu!kwwezonu!!another bad one soiling our name again?but d sentence is 2 harsh it shld hav been 15yrs.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by onoja12: 1:36am On Jul 13, 2014
let me make this clear,this guy is not a Nigerian but an American,I stand to be corrected,when you take up an American citizenship you are asked to denounce your other citizenship,this guy has been in America for over 30years,is an American citizen not a Nigerian.
if he was doing well,they would refer to him as an American
I have said it before,seun stop this calculated attempt to bring down Nigeria at all cost,if it was a story about a white man it wouldn't make it to front page
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Bivinz: 2:02am On Jul 13, 2014
Exactly my thoughts Allorandy"forgive the spelling error"...Sentence too harsh...Was murder part of the charge..?They would've given a lesser sentence...seized all the properties gotten from proceeds of the illicit biznis and deported hin back...without a dime....
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by GameGuyPH: 2:05am On Jul 13, 2014
American jail is better than Nigerian freedom anyway, he's lucky...

1 Like

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 13, 2014
antartica:

You sound more like a bittch here man.You don't have to get into a serious argument with a woman.It belittles your manhood and sense of rationality to be cursing out with a woman or like a woman.Like a gay bittch,I am not saying you are,but that is how it seem like.There are more things men should worry about than proving a woman right or wrong,especially in virtual world.

Flaming phaggot the captain-save-a-h.oe, keep ya primitive advice in ya primitive world.

Who gives a shyte if it's a man or a woman? Get disrespectful and get ya wig pulled back.

If you care that much, you can bring ya bi.tch ar.se down here, and get knocked the fvck out, fvking phaggot.

2 Likes

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 3:05am On Jul 13, 2014
E bi like sey them follow this man from him village.This ain't right?.

How can a man who migrated to the states in the 80's , when life both back in Nigeria and most especially the United States, was great...All to end up like this?.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 3:16am On Jul 13, 2014
onoja12: let me make this clear,this guy is not a Nigerian but an American,I stand to be corrected,when you take up an American citizenship you are asked to denounce your other citizenship,this guy has been in America for over 30years,is an American citizen not a Nigerian.
if he was doing well,they would refer to him as an American
I have said it before,seun stop this calculated attempt to bring down Nigeria at all cost,if it was a story about a white man it wouldn't make it to front page

I do not know if Mr. Okafor denounced his citizenship voluntarily but the United States does not require naturalized citizens to denounce their existing citizenship. You are never asked to denounce your citizenship to get immigration benefits.

The only time you'll be asked to denounce your citizenship is when you join the US military.

Hope this helps.

PS: As a citizen, you don't have to live in the US, so for all we know Mr. Okafor may be spending more time in Nigeria than the US. Only Green Card holders have a resident condition where they have to stay in the US longer than they stay outside.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by onoja12: 3:30am On Jul 13, 2014
you seem to have only read the part that tries to make Nigeria look bad,the report clearly states that he has been in the united states and has been leaving there,there is no mention of him coming to Nigeria or having anything to do with Nigeria,his married in the united states and lastly,when you take up united states citizenship,you denounce your country during the swearing in,once you have pledged your loyalty to the united states,you cant be said to be a Nigerian
CityNG:

I do not know if Mr. Okafor denounced his citizenship voluntarily but the United States does not require naturalized citizens to denounce their existing citizenship. You are never asked to denounce your citizenship to get immigration benefits.

The only time you'll be asked to denounce your citizenship is when you join the US military.

Hope this helps.

PS: As a citizen, you don't have to live in the US, so for all we know Mr. Okafor may be spending more time in Nigeria than the US. Only Green Card holders have a resident condition where they have to stay in the US longer than they stay outside.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by onoja12: 3:33am On Jul 13, 2014
talk of people that have never travelled,stop deceiving yourself,the land of slavery
GameGuyPH: American jail is better than Nigerian freedom anyway, he's lucky...
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by toshmann(m): 3:56am On Jul 13, 2014
263yrs grin
These people think say the guy na methuselah? cheesy
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 13, 2014
onoja12: you seem to have only read the part that tries to make Nigeria look bad,the report clearly states that he has been in the united states and has been leaving there,there is no mention of him coming to Nigeria or having anything to do with Nigeria,his married in the united states and lastly,when you take up united states citizenship,you denounce your country during the swearing in,once you have pledged your loyalty to the united states,you cant be said to be a Nigerian

Sorry, but personally I didn't see any part that made Nigeria look bad. Just another criminal that happened to be Nigerian.

As far as dual nationality I have a question for you? Have you personally gone through the process?

Guess what, I have, as well as 5 siblings and we all have both Nigerian and US passports. I leave the US on US passport, enter and leave Nigeria on Nigerian passport and then enter US on US passport.

Here's an official source on this :

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/legal-considerations/us-citizenship-laws-policies/citizenship-and-dual-nationality/dual-nationality.html

And also an international news agency:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/04/us/dual-nationals/index.html

I think I know where the confusions lies in.

If you still continue to believe what you typed then it's good, have a nice evening.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 13, 2014
GameGuyPH: American jail is better than Nigerian freedom anyway, he's lucky...

Freedom is always better than jail.

But that being said, even when faced with a choice of jail time or fine, some Americans chose jail. If you live on skid row then the shelter, food, TV, exercise that jail offers may be temporary deprive form the daily life on the harsh streets on the inner city.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by onoja12: 5:40am On Jul 13, 2014
once you say a Nigerian then you have refereed to Nigeria,if it wasn't a deliberate attack on Nigeria then they would have refer to him in a private capacity,as for the dual citizenship,I never said you cant hold two passport,what i said is during your swearing in you took an oath to be loyal to the united states,that includes betraying your own country there for you cant be said to be a Nigerian,you are only carry a Nigerian passport but you are American,as for going though the process,i love my country too much for that,despite all the hassle with my Nigerian passport,i would never give it up for anything
as to if i have gone though the process,well for your info my wife is naturalized in the united states,so is every member of her family.so as you know,i equally know
CityNG:

Sorry, but personally I didn't see any part that made Nigeria look bad. Just another criminal that happened to be Nigerian.

As far as dual nationality I have a question for you? Have you personally gone through the process?

Guess what, I have, as well as 5 siblings and we all have both Nigerian and US passports. I leave the US on US passport, enter and leave Nigeria on Nigerian passport and then enter US on US passport.

Here's an official source on this :

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/legal-considerations/us-citizenship-laws-policies/citizenship-and-dual-nationality/dual-nationality.html

And also an international news agency:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/04/us/dual-nationals/index.html

I think I know where the confusions lies in.

If you still continue to believe what you typed then it's good, have a nice evening.

Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 13, 2014
glitest: E bi like sey them follow this man from him village.This ain't right?.

How can a man who migrated to the states in the 80's , when life both back in Nigeria and most especially the United States, was great...All to end up like this?.
#Tellusthetruth
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by bunwok1994: 10:30am On Jul 13, 2014
Wish u farewell
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 13, 2014
onoja12: once you say a Nigerian then you have refereed to Nigeria,if it wasn't a deliberate attack on Nigeria then they would have refer to him in a private capacity,as for the dual citizenship,I never said you cant hold two passport,what i said is during your swearing in you took an oath to be loyal to the united states,that includes betraying your own country there for you cant be said to be a Nigerian,you are only carry a Nigerian passport but you are American,as for going though the process,i love my country too much for that,despite all the hassle with my Nigerian passport,i would never give it up for anything
as to if i have gone though the process,well for your info my wife is naturalized in the united states,so is every member of her family.so as you know,i equally know

Actually I'm a Nigerian and also an American and was never asked to relinquish my Nigerian citizenship. No one is ever asked to relinquish their prior citizenship.

Only citizens of a country are able to carry her passport.

Anyways nothing for me to say on this anymore, hopefully after educating yourself better on this in the future you'll come back to set the record straight for others who may happen on this thread in the future.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Frenchkiss564: 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
dhammyg: SO MANY HIDDEN POSTS shocked KILODE shocked

ALL THIS E-WARRRIORS/TRIBALISTS HAVE STARTED THEIR NONSENSE AGAINangry
i like your signature, it points to my radar
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
Frenchkiss564: i like your signature, it points to my radar
UR RADAR
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by onoja12: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
did you or did you not swear an oath of alligence
except you trying to tell me that you acquired your American status though the back door
its you who needs the education
CityNG:

Actually I'm a Nigerian and also an American and was never asked to relinquish my Nigerian citizenship. No one is ever asked to relinquish their prior citizenship.

Only citizens of a country are able to carry her passport.

Anyways nothing for me to say on this anymore, hopefully after educating yourself better on this in the future you'll come back to set the record straight for others who may happen on this thread in the future.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Frenchkiss564: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
dhammyg:
UR RADAR
yes dear, we have similar dreams and aspiration, lawyerprenuer, if we combine terms thats enough money
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
onoja12: did you or did you not swear an oath of alligence
except you trying to tell me that you acquired your American status though the back door
its you who needs the education

Okay thank you and have a nice day.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Okay for open minded folks that may be interested in and may think of naturalization in the future.

The United States never ever asks you to relinquish your prior citizenship and they recognize it.

Please try to naturalize as soon as you can since there are major differences and privileges between a green card holder and a citizen.

Enjoy.
Re: Felix Okafor, Jailed 263 Years In The US For Drugs by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Frenchkiss564: yes dear, we have similar dreams and aspiration, lawyerprenuer, if we combine terms thats enough money
NICEwink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toyosi Was "Wrongfully Restrained" by the Suspects - Police Release Statement / Zenith Bank Worker Hacks Into Customers’ Accounts, Transfers N3m (Photo) / Halima Umar: Corper Kidnapped On Her Way To Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.