Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,083 members, 7,814,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

To Enter The Kingdom Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Enter The Kingdom Of God (742 Views)

Pastor Lesego Daniel Commands Gay Spirit To Enter Member (photos) / Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Enter The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 7:26am On Jul 12, 2014
Mt. 4:17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Just like Jesus said, and His word is always truth, the kingdom of God is so near that anyone can enter. Jesus' death on the cross brought the kingdom of God near to us. The big question then is, how does a person enter the kingdom of God? In order to answer this question, we first of all need to understand what the kingdom of God is all about.

[size=14pt]What is the kingdom of God?[/size]

Mt. 12:28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

The kingdom of God is the operation of the kingly power of God. It is having dominion over God's creations. A person enters the kingdom of God when s/he begins to operate the power of God. The person becomes like Jesus Christ. Therefore, entering the kingdom of God is to become like Jesus Christ. Is it possible?

Jn. 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Jesus says that not only is it possible for a human being to become like Him, human beings will actually do greater miracles that He did during His earthly ministry.

1 Like

Re: To Enter The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 7:52am On Jul 12, 2014
[size=14pt]The kingdom of God is very expensive![/size]

Entering the kingdom of God is not cheap. It is not as simple as what people preach as gospel today.

Mt. 13:44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.
Mt. 13:45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls.
Mt. 13:46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

In order to enter the kingdom of God, you must sell everything for it. This simply means that you must give your whole life to it. In order to get the kingdom of God to us, Jesus Christ gave His life for it. In order for you to enter the kingdom of God, you must give your world for it.

He. 13:12 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.
He. 13:13 Let us, then, go to him outside the camp, bearing the disgrace he bore.
Re: To Enter The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 8:09am On Jul 12, 2014
[size=14pt]The Rich Young Ruler[/size]

Lk. 18:18 A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
Lk. 18:19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No-one is good — except God alone.
Lk. 18:20 You know the commandments: `Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honour your father and mother.’“
Lk. 18:21 “All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said.
Lk. 18:22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.
Lk. 18:23 When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth.
Lk. 18:24 Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!

The rich young ruler desired to become like Jesus Christ and asked to know how. Jesus began by telling him that holiness is the number one requirement. Jesus Christ went on to tell him to kill every other aspiration or desire in his life and pursue only the kingdom of God, by constantly following Jesus. Unfortunately, the rich young ruler could not give up living as a rich man, he could not abandon his businesses all in the name of following Jesus. The price was too much for the rich young ruler; so he forsook the kingdom of God.
Re: To Enter The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 8:25am On Jul 12, 2014
[size=14pt]Elisha is an example [/size]

1Kg. 19:19 So Elijah went from there and found Elisha son of Shaphat. He was ploughing with twelve yoke of oxen, and he himself was driving the twelfth pair. Elijah went up to him and threw his cloak around him.
1Kg. 19:20 Elisha then left his oxen and ran after Elijah. “Let me kiss my father and mother good-bye,” he said, “and then I will come with you.” “Go back,” Elijah replied. “What have I done to you?”
1Kg. 19:21 So Elisha left him and went back. He took his yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He burned the ploughing equipment to cook the meat and gave it to the people, and they ate. Then he set out to follow Elijah and became his attendant.

Elisha was a rich young man by the standard of his time. When the opportunity to become like the great prophet Elijah came to him, he quickly destroyed his agricultural business and began to follow Elijah to trek all over the desert land of Israel. He followed Elijah like that for the next six years before he received double portion of Elijah's anointing.

Jesus Christ promised in Jn 14:12 that those who follow Him and enter the kingdom of God will do greater work than He did during his earthly ministry. That is double portion of anointing.

1 Like

Re: To Enter The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 8:40am On Jul 12, 2014
[size=14pt]Are you hungry & thirsty enough?[/size]

Mt. 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

Mt. 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Are you hungry and thirsty for the kingdom of God that you are willing to focus only on it? Jesus Christ has guaranteed that you will definitely enter it. When you enter, all the things that human beings crave for will be yours as well, if you will need them. After Elisha got double portion of Elijah's anointing, the gifts that Naaman offered to him was more than any wealth he could have made if he had remained in his agricultural business. But Elisha had no need for all that wealth; so he rejected them.

He. 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Re: To Enter The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 8:46am On Jul 12, 2014
Re. 3:17 You say, `I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realise that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
Re. 3:18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so that you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so that you can cover your shameful unclothedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so that you can see.

The Church in Laodicea is believed to represent the end-time Christians. They boast that they enjoy spiritual, material and physical prosperity. But Jesus Christ tells them that are actually poor, ignorant and full of iniquities. He counsels them to come to Him and pay the price for divine power, holiness and revelational knowledge. Can you pay the price?
Re: To Enter The Kingdom Of God by Kei144(m): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2014
[size=14pt]Prayer is the key[/size]

Mt. 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Mt. 7:8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Lk. 12:22 KJV The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

It is through continual prayer that a person enters the kingdom of God. However, what you pray about matters a lot. In order to make the kingdom of God, there has to be singleness of purpose. What is the goal of your life? Is it to become a great politician, business man/woman, professional, rich person? Or is it to do all the work that Jesus did, and even greater work than He did (Jn 14:12)? Only those who choose becoming like Jesus Christ as the only goal of their lives can enter the kingdom of God. This choice must be reflected in your prayers and in your general conduct. All your thoughts, and actions must reflect the singleness of the desire to become like Jesus Christ. You must commit your whole life towards entering the kingdom of God; that is what it means to sell everything in order to buy the kingdom (Mt 13:444).

Lk. 12:29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.
Lk. 12:30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.
Lk. 12:31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
Lk. 12:32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.
Lk. 12:33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
Lk. 12:34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

(1) (Reply)

US Tourist Arrested For Leaving Bible In Toilet / How Satan Came About / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.