Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation (5956 Views)

Awolowo's Letter Of Resignation To Yakubu Gowon. / PDP Tenders Evidence Buhari's Certificate Is Forged / 14 PDP Governors Submit Letter Of Resignation Over Amechi Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by kingDRIS(m): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
Just few hours after the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic called off its 10-month old strike and asked polytechnic lecturers to resume on Tuesday, Abusidiqu has learnt that the minister of State for education, who until a few days ago was the supervising minister in the same ministry, has tendered his letter of resignation.

A source within the camp of the minister confirmed that the letter of resignation which is expected to take effect from 14th July 2014, was submitted to President Goodluck Jonathan witin the week.

Although, it is not immediately clear the reasons for the action of the minister, a source close to him confirmed that the minister resigned following the appointment of former Kano State governor, Shekaru as the substantive Minister, which effectively revert Wike to his original position as a junior minister in the ministry.

Wike’s decision to resign his position could also be linked to his dilemma at home in Rivers State, where his hope of securing the governorship ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to succeed Governor Rotimi Amaechi at the Port Harcourt Government House has been dashed.

READ: Rivers 2015: Presidency Dashes Wike’s Governorship Ambition, Minister Weeps

READ: Rivers Guber: Shut Out By PDP, Wike May Decamp to APGA; Hold Talks with Umeh

We was more than convinced that the ticket will be giving to him especially considering the role he played in the bitter political battle between President Jonathan and Governor Amaechi, but surprisingly he has been told by the President to drop his ambition.

While overseeing the education ministry in supervisory capacity, Wike rather than resolve the industrial dispute between the government and the polytechnic lecturers ended up adding more problems to it.

However, Shekarau, who only on Wednesday was sworn in as the substantive minister of education held a fruitful meeting with the leaders of the union on Thursday, the result of which is the suspension of the 10-month old strike by the union.
Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by MANGAM(m): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
This is getting interesting

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by PerfectFortune: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
Good riddance...

5 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
This is the second time we are hearing he is tendering his resignation. I hope this one is real and not a rumour.

6 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
*yawns*

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by cyril83(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
I refuse to comment until you provide us your link.

3 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by EddyNumerouno(m): 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
That tout that missed the first ASUP meeting, for goodness sake, how can a supervising minister miss an executive ASUP meeting.
This guy deserved to be in the bin a long time ago

Btw, @OP, ur gist no get sauce

3 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by kokoA(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
Who cares if the agboro returns to the motor park?

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by gurnam: 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
This man is the standard definition of failure.....most problem that the President is having both in Rivers and the nation at large emanates from the quality of advice from people like Wike.

4 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by C0llynzO2: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
Cöck and bull story from APC's Abusidiqu

7 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by donphilopus: 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
gurnam: This man is the standard definition of failure.....most problem that the President is having both in Rivers and the nation at large emanates from the quality of advice from people like Wike.

Bros, what's been happening now?! We've not been hearing from you since Nairaland was attacked, or even before then.

Meanwhile, Wike is a rag that needs to be dumbed after used. So, I ain't surprised to see that he's been dumped. He would try all his best now to reconcile with Amaechi, which ain't practically possible!

7 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by crusader01(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
I don't expect Gej to trust Wike. It will be foolish of Gej to back him for PDP governorship candidate. Wike is not reliable,he has leaking mouth. Hmmm,considering Nigeria politics,I think Amechi is on the right path,having his destiny in his hands.
Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by egift(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
Am loving this. Gov. Amaechi is definitely having the last laugh. Ochu nwa okuko were adah (na person wey dey pursue fowl go fall)

Governor Chibuike Amaechi reviewing Wike's Letter of Apology grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by aldrick: 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Well an ikwerre an(Gov. chibuike rotimi amaechi) is curently the governor and can not be replaced wit an ikwerre man again. No..i am an ikwerre man and will not support any ikwerre candidate. ##One tribe cnt rule 4 16yrs now. wen we have other tribes like the ogoni's,ijaws,ekpeye,oba,etche e.t.c## but sha Ikwerre as an ethnic group is the majority in rivers state..epkeye and oba are there brother's (by History dey all came from one father named Akalaka, a member of the Benin royal family, fled benin to the up land of rivers state. wich include ikwerre,epkeye and ogba.## so if an ikwerre man is chosen der is a very high tendency that the ikwerre would win..

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by gurnam: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, what's been happening now?! We've not been hearing from you since Nairaland was attacked, or even before then.

Meanwhile, Wike is a rag that needs to be dumbed after used. So, I ain't surprised to see that he's been dumped. He would try all his best now to reconcile with Amaechi, which ain't practically possible!

Bros...

Na work... Couple with the fact that I have to develop confidence again on the integrity of members information on this site.

But we just have to keep trudging on...we can't afford to abandon the place for rogues.

7 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
Shekarau didn't bring about the cessation of the strike, GEJ chose to resolve his issues with ASUP at this moment so as to garner national acceptance for shekarau and give him the face of an "Education messiah"

Back to topic: nyesom wike is the worst thing to happen to Education ministry in Nigeria. I just pray he resigned in reality cause having as little as his shoelaces in that ministry means everything bad and abnormal would be occurring in that ministry.

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by donphilopus: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
gurnam:

Bros...

Na work... Couple with the fact that I have to develop confidence again on the integrity of members information on this site.

But we just have to keep trudging on...we can't afford to abandon the place for rogues.

I see. It's necessary!

3 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
J
gurnam:

Bros...

Gurnam and E-integrity as far as am concerned are like cat and dog. Am surprised to see you talk about Integrity.

4 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by omenka(m): 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
egift: Am loving this. Gov. Amaechi is definitely having the last laugh. Ochu nwa okuko were adah (na person wey dey pursue fowl go fall)

Governor Chibuike Amaechi reviewing Wike's Latter of Apology grin grin grin
Amaechi is a man with a good heart. I believe he'd accept the apology. Wike can hence make himself useful again by taking up the job of chief janitor in the govt house! Fat mass of disposable blubber!

12 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by aresa: 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
Used, abused and dumped...

Instead of facing his work and preventing and ending strikes, he spent all his official time running political errands, political thuggery and destabilizing his own state.

smh..

4 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by md4real(m): 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
egift: Am loving this. Gov. Amaechi is definitely having the last laugh. Ochu nwa okuko were adah (na person wey dey pursue fowl go fall)

Governor Chibuike Amaechi reviewing Wike's[b] Latter of Apology grin grin grin[/b]

Easy with the bullet

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by dapyd1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by gurnam: 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
chimoz: J
Gurnam and E-integrity as far as am concerned are like cat and dog. Am surprised to see you talk about Integrity.

Who is this one again kwa? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
gurnam:

One of your Nairaland co-debaters grin with a new monicker

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
donphilopus:

and why shd he "reconcile" with gov Amaechi? You want Þo make Amaechi a godfather?? No way!

Wike should considÉr going back to his Law PractiÇe OR join a profitable cause to move Rivers State and Ikwerre nation forward!
Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
chimoz: Shekarau didn't bring about the cessation of the strike, GEJ chose to resolve his issues with ASUP at this moment so as to garner national acceptance for shekarau and give him the face of an "Education messiah"

Back to topic: nyesom wike is the worst thing to happen to Education ministry in Nigeria. I just pray he resigned in reality cause having as little as his shoelaces in that ministry means everything bad and abnormal would be occurring in that ministry.
what makes him the worst? Have you heard of one "Prof Fabian Osuji"? What about one Dr. Sam Egwu? Or Roqayatu Rufai?

Bros, we have Never had any "not" so good Minister of Education as far as my memory can serve. That Wike is an incumbent doesn't mean we shd forget "history". They are all bad..

Same with our Govs and NASS

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
gurnam:

an e-rat!
Just use rat gum or rat poison to eliminate him.
angry
Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2014

Governor Chibuike Amaechi reviewing Wike's Latter of Apology grin grin grin
Amaechi ke? Is he the CoS to the President?
Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
gurnam:

da goddamm ol'fartss'bac' n bac'n down 2 da 69 widda baldin'bearded berem bittch da hell once again...som1 bring up da fukkn cologne...4kn pack'a lusers..
Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by donphilopus: 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
barcanista: and why shd he "reconcile" with gov Amaechi? You want Þo make Amaechi a godfather?? No way!

Wike should considÉr going back to his Law PractiÇe OR join a profitable cause to move Rivers State and Ikwerre nation forward!

So, he can even practise law?! I never knew o. You know Amaechi once said Wike can hardly construct a sentence in English!

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
^^1Nairaland breeding raving lunatics since 2005!

grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Is Being Exposed Live On NTA! / Pictures From Hausa And Igbo Clash In Aba / 2019: What Bafarawa Discussed With Afenifere Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.