Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Webmasters Please Help!!!!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Please Help!!!!!! (581 Views)

Webmasters Please Help Me! Please. / Webmasters Please Answer This Quesion / Drupal 7 Webmasters! Please Answer Only This One Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Please Help!!!!!! by taofeeq137(m): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
i want to create a messaging page in asp.net, where a user can send message to another user (just 2 users per chat), I thought of using Unique identifier to keep the message between the two users, but i dont know how the Unique identifier will be generated for the two users once one of them clicks on the other user to send message, PLEASE HELP
Re: Webmasters Please Help!!!!!! by dhtml(m): 3:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
Are you sure you are ready to create a chat eh?

dhtml: hello seun
that goes into database like this:
to->seun, from->dhtml,message->hello seun,time->now,status->unread

Since seun is obviously online, javascript/ajax checks message thread for unread messages posted to seun
seun now sees:
dhtml:hello seun
and the status is changed to read

and the messages go back and forth?
Re: Webmasters Please Help!!!!!! by taofeeq137(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
dhtml: Are you sure you are ready to create a chat eh?

dhtml: hello seun
that goes into database like this:
to->seun, from->dhtml,message->hello seun,time->now,status->unread

Since seun is obviously online, javascript/ajax checks message thread for unread messages posted to seun
seun now sees:
dhtml:hello seun
and the status is changed to read

and the messages go back and forth?
i get that, i tried that, but i have problem when i want the user to reply the message and still be displayed on the same page from the database
Re: Webmasters Please Help!!!!!! by dhtml(m): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
That is where javascript/ajax comes in. See, developing a chat system is not beans at all, you must really be an expert before you can create one that works properly. These challenges you are facing are just a tip of the ice berg, there are more difficult challenges ahead of you to create a chat system.
Re: Webmasters Please Help!!!!!! by taofeeq137(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
dhtml: That is where javascript/ajax comes in. See, developing a chat system is not beans at all, you must really be an expert before you can create one that works properly. These challenges you are facing are just a tip of the ice berg, there are more difficult challenges ahead of you to create a chat system.
well, i can create a chat application, with signalr (a javascript language for asp.net), but i dont know how to save it in a database, dats why i want to use an alternative for the same thing
Re: Webmasters Please Help!!!!!! by dhtml(m): 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
A chat will definitely involve database for data persistence over network. You must do proper research on how to get that done, i dont use .net so i cannot really help you much, i can only give general advices.
Re: Webmasters Please Help!!!!!! by taofeeq137(m): 4:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
dhtml: A chat will definitely involve database for data persistence over network. You must do proper research on how to get that done, i dont use .net so i cannot really help you much, i can only give general advices.
ok, thanks

(1) (Reply)

18 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Mark Zuckenberg (facebook Owner) / Submit A Review Of Your Products/services / Find Cheap Windows ASP.NET Hosting And Get Their Promo Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.