Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. (4502 Views)

Northerners Dominate As Police AIGs List Is Released / IGP Redeploys Mbu, 18 Aigs, 49 Cps / Promotion Of Digs & Aigs Tears Police Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by PhockPhockMan: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
As the curtain is about to fall finally on the tenure of the current Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Abubakar, the scheming and intrigues over who takes over from him are getting more intense by the day. Though it is not clear who will be the next IGP as the decision rests squarely with President Goodluck Jonathan, who is also the chairman of the Police Council, a reliable source at the Presidency told Saturday Independentin Abuja that the earlier plan of the President to extend the tenure of Abubakar till after the 2015 elections may not be feasible. Mbu Joseph Mbu This, according to the source, is because many forces are against the plan to allow Abubakar to continue in office beyond July 31.As the lobbying and counter-lobbying intensifies, few names are said to be receiving upper hand in the race for the new IGP. And two of the most prominent names, according to our source, are DIG Suleiman Fakai, who is the most senior officer next to Abubakar. He is also currently in charge of the department of finance and administration.He is said to enjoy the support and backing of other senior officers in the Force.Another name that is said to be receiving favourable backing and mention from the lobbyists, is the current Commissioner of Police in charge of Federal Capital Territory(FCT), Mbu Joseph Mbu.Mbu came to national limelight as a result of his roles in the political crisis in Rivers State from where he was transferred to the FCT.Those clamouring for Mbu and who are mostly South South indigenes, are said to be doing that through the office of the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan.According to our source, “one of their arguments is that since the current democratic dispensation, no South South person has been appointed to that position. They believe that after Abubakar, it willbe just and fair for a South South person to head the police force.”But Fakai is said to be having an advantage because, according to our source, “if Fakai is made the IGP, it means that all the senior officers will remain in the force. This has made almost all the senior officers to throw their support behind him. This, the Presidency is also considering because it means that all the experienced hands will still remain in service and continue to make their contributions to the fight for an end to terrorism in thecountry.”The source also said that the concern among stakeholders and power brokers at the Presidency is that if Mbu is made the IGP, all the other senior and experienced hands will have no option but to retire and that option will not be good for the force. Saturday Independent investigation revealed that if Mbu is eventually made the IGP, six deputy inspectors general (DIGs), 19 assistant inspectors general (AIGs) and 14 commissioners of police (CPs) will be forced out of the Force.And DIGs that may have to go if Mbu takes over from Abubakar include Fakai, Michael Zuokumor, who is in charge of operations, Emmanuel Udoji, logistics and supply; Atiku Kafur, in charge of training; Peter Gana, who calls theshot at investigation department, Jonathan Johnson in charge of department of information communication technology; and AIGs like Dan’azumi Doma, Force Secretary and AIG Solomon Arase, in charge of Force Intelligence Bureau. One of the DIGs that may go if Mbu gets the top job reluctantly told us, “I don’t have anything to tell you. We are waiting to see what will happen. Everything rests in the hands of the President.”And as they wait to see who the President will pick for the job, all the DIGs, AIGs and even the CPs are said to be living in anxiety as they have no clue as to who will step into the shoes of Abubakar.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/07/six-digs-19-aigs-14-cps-may-go-mbu-becomes-igp/
Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Mogidi: 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mbu Joseph Mbu is our next Inspector General of Police, days of born to rule is truly over.

We the minorities also wants to partake in the loot that is accrued from our oil.

Ride on Mbu, nothing do you!!!

4 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by rusep: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi: Mbu Joseph Mbu is our next Inspector General of Police, days of born to rule is truly over.

We the minorities also wants to partake in the loot that is accrued from our oil.

Once a minority always.............
Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Mogidi: 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
rusep:

Once a minority always.............

But last time I checked our President is from the minority tribe, safe to say therefore, you'll be having him as your President for the foreseeable future, deal with it.

Minority ruling majority, not a bad idea considering we feed you parasites.

4 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by murtalaa(m): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi:

But last time I checked our President is from the minority tribe
any wonder why our country is still stagnating?

how many hectares does SS till? Oil is God given resource. It's not by SS's hardwork or ingenuity that we have oil in the Delta. South is as Parasitic as the North, my friend.

7 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Mogidi: 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
murtalaa: any wonder why our country is still stagnating? And by the way, how many hectares does SS till for you to make that claim? Oil is God given resource. It's not by SS's hardwork or ingenuity that we have oil in the Delta. South is as Parasitic as the North, my friend.

Direct your anger to Allah for not giving you said resources.

2 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by murtalaa(m): 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi:

Direct your anger to Allah for not giving you said resources.
oh Allah has blessed me with oil and have placed it at a convenient location to enjoy- Delta

8 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by cyril83(m): 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi:

But last time I checked our President is from the minority tribe, safe to say therefore, you'll be having him is your President for the foreseeable future, deal with it.

Mongidi, when did you become south south indigene?

1 Like

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by donphilopus: 4:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi: Mbu Joseph Mbu is my next Inspector General of Police, days of born to rule is truly over.

1 Like

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by donphilopus: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
cyril83:

That's what I don't know o. Some SEtern brothers would just come here and start claiming SS because of the oil.

5 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Mogidi: 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
cyril83:

Typical Yoruba braggadocio of thinking only the Igbos hate them.

4 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
I will stamp GEJ a certified clueless dolt if he dares risk loosing top police officers because of Joseph Mbu for selfish reasons best known to him.

angry

6 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Mogidi: 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
berem: I will stamp GEJ a certified clueless dolt if he dares risk loosing top police officers because of Joseph Mbu for selfish reasons best known to him.

You should be stamping yourself dolt for your ability to believe every narrative, hook, line sinker.

2 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by cyril83(m): 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi:

Typical Yoruba braggadocio of thinking only the Igbos hate them.

Yeah, I know you are igbo but why did you now attach your unresourceful region to oil region?

Igbo can keep hating and leave their region undeveloped, igbo people will finally seek asylum in Oodua region.

5 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Mogidi: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
cyril83:

Yeah, I know you are igbo but why did you now attach your unresourceful region to oil region?

Hehehehe!!!!! See "painment"!!!

I never pretended to be Igbo, but I still detest you lot.

3 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by aresa: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
murtalaa: oh Allah has blessed me with oil and have placed it at a convenient location to enjoy- Delta

This got me rolling...lmao.

liked..

4 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by citizenisb: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
With the amount of ethnicity and tribalism I read here on Nairaland mostly by youths who did not experience the hardship of the civil war and are thus meant to be free of resentment due to genocide; it is almost certain that a far worse RWANDA GENOCIDE is going to befall Nigeria.

This has being made possible by politicians killing our educational system thus producing half baked hate filled unemployed youths browsing the net and a lack of free state citizenship based on where you are born and where you work not where your folks are from which would have fostered National integration and unity.

For the elite a word of advice is to quickly make escape plans to avoid the oncoming carnage. The sad thing is that after the masses have finished killing themselves, the elite will still return to continue ruling e.g . Liberia and Afghanistan.

So please keep on all your Igbo/ Yoruba bashing and help to depopulate Nigeria which is really a ticking population time bomb anyway.[left][/left]

6 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by cyril83(m): 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi:

Hehehehe!!!!! See "painment"!!!

I never pretended to be Igbo, but I still detest your lot.

If your forefathers had detested oduduwa and arewa, SS region will not be in the surface of the earth, remember farming products were used to discover oil.

1 Like

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Mogidi: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
cyril83:

If your forefathers had detested oduduwa and arewa, SS region will not be in the surface of the earth, remember farming products were used to discover oil.

ok you discovered our oil with farming tools like hoes and cutlasses, I thought you only discovered "ororo" and "epo"?

Continue with your "painment".

2 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by cyril83(m): 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi:

ok you discovered our oil with farming tools like hoes and cutlasses, I thought you only discovered "ororo" and "epo"?

Continue with your "painment".

But i can categorically tell you that 60 perce of SS/SE indigenes will definately seek asylum in Oodua region after the disintegration. Ask me why.

1 Like

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Mogidi: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
cyril83:

But i can categorically tell you that 60 perce of SS/SE indigenes will definately seek asylum in Oodua region after the disintegration. Ask me why.

Ask you what? You're very dull, no brain to discern issues. Without Niger delta oil your region will look like republic of Benin.

Have you seen the price of cocoa recently? I mean cocoa will be your foreign exchange earner, yes?

Other African countries are literally giving out cocoa free.

Anyway I'd like to see how you use cocoa to develop your cocoa republic.

4 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Mogidi: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
aresa:

This got me rolling...lmao.

liked..

Got me laughing as well bro, knowing most African states are giving out cocoa and groundnut for free.

You guys are nuts (ogbeni pardon the pun).

ROFLMAO!!!

2 Likes

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by suwailad(f): 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
phockphockthing, try and format your post clearly

1 Like

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by cyril83(m): 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mogidi:

Ask you what? You're very dull, no brain to discern issues. Without Niger delta oil your region will look like republic of Benin.

Have you seen the price of cocoa recently? I mean cocoa will be your only foreign exchange earner, yes?

Other African countries are literally given out cocoa free.

Anyway I'd like to see how you use cocoa to develop your cocoa republic.

How do you see Nigeria made with farming products to Nigeria made with oil ? The greed and lack of ideas to make properly use of the oil will definately run the oil dry.

Bayelsa, rivers and akwa ibom as the major source of oil, govern by pdp led govt can still not withstand Lagos the Apc state in terms of development. That's what am telling about ideas and charisma to develop a state/country.

There are lot of developed countries living fine without oil.

1 Like

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by PhockPhockMan: 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
berem: I will stamp GEJ a certified clueless dolt if he dares risk loosing top police officers because of Joseph Mbu for selfish reasons best known to him.

angry
I know you're weeping while writing this trash. So only when he appoint a Buhari nominee he will be "CLUE FULL" for your eyes abi? What you must know is that Jonathan has been shaping and sharpening Joseph Mbu for the top job since his days as Rivers state CP. Nwa Nne m, Ndo, Hichaa Anya gi.

1 Like

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by aresa: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
[s]
Mogidi:

Got me laughing as well bro, knowing most African states are giving out cocoa and groundnut for free.

You guys are nuts (ogbeni pardon the pun).

ROFLMAO!!!
[/s]

Weak and soggy....

1 Like

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
PhockPhockMan: I know you're weeping while writing this trash. So only when he appoint a Buhari nominee he will be "CLUE FULL" for your eyes abi? What you must know is that Jonathan has been shaping and sharpening Joseph Mbu for the top job since his days as Rivers state CP. Nwa Nne m, Ndo, Hichaa Anya gi.
you don't seem to get it do you?
Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Mogidi: 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
aresa:

Weak and soggy....

What's weak and soggy is your inability to discern satire.

1 Like

Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by kel4soft: 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
murtalaa: oh Allah has blessed me with oil and have placed it at a convenient location to enjoy- Delta

And we will be having the impact while you own the wells right? I think enough of this nonsense. You have no oil. The oil belongs to the communities not you, PDP or any greedy southern politician or Niger Delta war lords. It belongs to the oil producing communities.

So stay clear!!!
Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by PhockPhockMan: 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
@ berem, I do understand your point,but one thing you supposed to understand is that those so called experienced officers are the same people at helm of affairs while violent crimes is consuming the country. As far as I'm concerned, they're all retirement materials. They should all go so that productive young ones will take charge.
Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
kel4soft:

And we will be having the impact while you own the wells right? I think enough of this nonsense. You have no oil. The oil belongs to the communities not you, PDP or any greedy southern politician or Niger Delta war lords. It belongs to the oil producing communities.

So stay clear!!!

He ain't exaggerating but stating the obvious. Record shows 80 percent of the oil wealth are being controlled by the northerners. Can you beat that?!!

I picture Gov. Amaechi collapsing on the pronouncement of Matthew Mbu as the newly appointed IG.
Re: Six DIGs , 19 AIGs s, 14 CPs May Go If Mbu Becomes IGP. by PhockPhockMan: 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
suwailad: phockphockthing, try and format your post clearly
PhockPhockgirl, Please face topic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISIS Burns Down 1,800 Year Old Christian Church In Mosul / I Just Had A Dream About Prof. Yemi Osinbajo On New Nigeria / Biafra: “let Biafrans Go With Their Oil, We Will Find Other Means Of Survival” -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.