Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? (1103 Views)

Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much / If Nigeria Is So Rich, Why Are Nigerians So Poor? / Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by adonismuller(m): 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
I don't intend to cause an e-tribal war...
Nigerians are too sentimental,i read various threads on nairaland and i have observed that most people that support GEJ are mainly non-northerners and the south east...and those that criticize him are mainly northerners and south west...

#note i used the word 'MOST'

well, the major reason i created this thread is to encourage us the whole Nigerians to bury our sentimental and tribal attitudes and support whoever can make the country better...(wether a southerner,northerner,east or west) lets come together and find a way to make our nation better...

N.B...the only solution to solve Nigeria's problem is being collective and act as one.....(lets bury tribalism,religion,gender,colour)

#God/Alah bless Nigeria
#God/Alah bless you
#God/Alah bless me

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by fitzmayowa: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
Abeg na who get bb charger
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by otokx(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
fitzmayowa: Abeg na who get bb charger

Please include Nokia charger because no light and generator fumes wan kill pesin.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by adonismuller(m): 6:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
these guys above me,after charging your phone please modify and contribute something reasonable oooo
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by Mutuwa(m): 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
fitzmayowa: Abeg na who get bb charger

Abeg return am if you finish my babe de come charge later cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by otokx(m): 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
Its the level of mentality that makes Nigerians sentimental, we are o so selfish. As long it does not bother me or my family no problem. Quite shameful and disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by fitzmayowa: 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
[quote author=Mutuwa]

Abeg return am if you finish my babe de come charge later cool [/quote

Thank you you are a life saver...cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by adonismuller(m): 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
otokx: Its the level of mentality that makes Nigerians sentimental, we are o so selfish. As long it does not bother me or my family no problem. Quite shameful and disgusting.
thats a very truthful truth...
But bros try and be rational na...some people are affected
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by ITbomb(m): 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ignorance is bliss and that sustained the relative peace we had over the years in spite of being rule by a section of the country but
Since Southerners especially SS came to realise how much is being taken from their soil and that whosoever is at the top controls the allocation, everyone is pushing his own up the ladder.

What we need is strong institutions and true federalism to promote true development not the current rule and share reign

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by adonismuller(m): 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
ITbomb: Ignorance is bliss and that sustained the relative peace we had over the years in spite of being rule by a section of the country but
Since Southerners especially SS came to realise how much is being taken from their soil and that whosoever is at the top controls the allocation, everyone is pushing his own up the ladder.

What we need is strong institutions and true federalism to promote true development not the current rule and share reign
#word!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by Rich4god(m): 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
Being sentimental is not the issue... The issue is when one section of the country decide to frustrate the president cos he is frm another section... Then pple will vote in rat and cockroaches to ensure that power doesnt return to the "lord it all section" that keep frustrating others.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by adonismuller(m): 8:54am On Jul 14, 2014
Rich4god: Being sentimental is not the issue... The issue is when one section of the country decide to frustrate the president cos he is frm another section... Then pple will vote in rat and cockroaches to ensure that power doesnt return to the "lord it all section" that keep frustrating others.
what u just wrote is the definition of being sentimental.
Why should a section decide to frustrate d president cz he is from another section? Is dat not being sentimental?
I think all that will have to stop before we can solve the problem pf the country!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by ITbomb(m): 9:12am On Jul 14, 2014
When President Goodluck said last year that corruption is not the fundamental problem of Nigeria, people were criticising him.

We allow corruption to flourish because we believe since it is our Man that is at the top, it is our turn to share the national cake
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by Kanwulia: 9:16am On Jul 14, 2014
Na de tin wey cause the first CIVIL WAR OF MUMUS BE DIS.
NorthWest. . .Vs SouthEast!
Welcome to BIAFRA PART 2! kiss

THE WEST WILL ALWAYS GO WITH THE NORTH because of that their BOKO HARAM religion!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by EmeeNaka: 9:36am On Jul 14, 2014
:
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by adonismuller(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
ITbomb: When President Goodluck said last year that corruption is not the fundamental problem of Nigeria, people were criticising him.

We allow corruption to flourish because we believe since it is our Man that is at the top, it is our turn to share the national cake
exactly....we all look for people to blame in everything,,,,nobody wana accept responsibility! #We can change things if we want to!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by adonismuller(m): 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
Kanwulia: Na de tin wey cause the first CIVIL WAR OF MUMUS BE DIS.
NorthWest. . .Vs SouthEast!
Welcome to BIAFRA PART 2! kiss

THE WEST WILL ALWAYS GO WITH THE NORTH because of that their BOKO HARAM religion!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!
lol....I swear me no understand wetin u write sha *crAcking my IQ to understand it*
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by Kanwulia: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
adonismuller: lol....I swear me no understand wetin u write sha *crAcking my IQ to understand it*

Na the question I answer o.
NIGERIANS are sentimental because they like to form gangs against themselves.
Whenever you have a HERD MENTALITY, reason never prevails.
When religion is used as a common denominator, you are dealing with MEGA CULTS! kiss
Now, mind you, it is not like there is mutual respect and trust between the NORTH and the WEST.
Neither is there ANY between the SOUTH and the EAST.

All they are doing is putting ethnic sentiments FIRST, before national security.
How can any country survive without true patriots? undecided
The main reason we had the first coup and A SENSELESS CIVIL WAR in NIGERIA'S young history.

It is happening all over again, because NIGERIANS being the DAFT creatures they are, can NEVER use their BRAINS. . . .

Because they ain't gat none!
History repeats itself because people never learn from their mistakes! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Sentimental? by adonismuller(m): 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
Kanwulia:

Na the question I answer o.
NIGERIANS are sentimental because they like to form gangs against themselves.
Whenever you have a HERD MENTALITY, reason never prevails.
When religion is used as a common denominator, you are dealing with MEGA CULTS! kiss
Now, mind you, it is not like there is mutual respect and trust between the NORTH and the WEST.
Neither is there ANY between the SOUTH and the EAST.

All they are doing is putting ethnic sentiments FIRST, before national security.
How can any country survive without true patriots? undecided
The main reason we had the first coup and A SENSELESS CIVIL WAR in NIGERIA'S young history.

It is happening all over again, because NIGERIANS being the DAFT creatures they are, can NEVER use their BRAINS. . . .

Because they ain't gat none!
History repeats itself because people never learn from their mistakes! kiss
i wish i can give a billion like!
Broz u are learned,i duf my cap..all u said z jst d problem of nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Lambasts PDP Over Rally At Gani Fawehinmi Park / In Your Own Opinion Which Type Of Power Is President Jonathan Operating? / Edward Osim Talks About Why He Married Pres. Jonathan's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.