Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? (8974 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Being So Selfish,Greedy And Pessimistic About #prayforparis. / Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much / If Nigeria Is So Rich, Why Are Nigerians So Poor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2012
I have observed that most Nigerians are so pessimistic about Nigeria; and are quick to talk down on the country. It's just a pity to be honest,. I know Nigeria has its fair share of problems, and definitely not the best country in the world - but there are so many things attainable in Nigeria - that can't be attained even in the so-called civilized countries.

The funniest part of the whole ordeal is that, most of these clowns who are so quick to put down Nigeria don't even pay TAX. If you don't pay TAX, and make money from Nigeria - then, you need to slap yourself for being stupid - and you're a thief. I've met a fair share of people from Sudan, Somalia, Congo DR, Rwanda, Uganda, Burundi etc. These places are like the biblical hell on earth, yet you don't seem them talk bad about their countries - the same can't be said of Nigerians..

I have never seen western media show starving people in Nigeria - the same way I see Somalians, Ethiopians, Congolese etc.

- Do you guys know how many Nigerians are stuck in different countries outside Nigeria, who would want to return to Nigeria - but can't because they don't have the means to, and are regretting leaving Nigeria?

- Do you guys know how many Nigerians want to return home, but can't because they don't have the qualifications, and resources to compete back home - and all their mates they left behind have since moved far ahead of them?

- Do you guys know how many Nigerians just live to survive in the western world, without any advancement in their lives - and they have been in the same position and situation since they left Nigeria?

- Do you guys know how many jobless Nigerians roam the streets of London, New York, Paris etc. with no jobs, living from hand to mouth?

Guys, thank God for Nigeria, and be happy with we have. At least the economy is growing, and if fundamental things like electricity, housing, security etc. can be put in place - we will continue to grow....

The UK I live in is DEAD, the economy has refused to grow despite all the cuts, and there are no freaking jobs out there. It's only a matter of time before the whole country explodes. Graduates can't even get a job out here, most times you have to settle for the same wages as some semi-illiterates working in Tesco and ASDA. Despite being in debt and wasting time attending a freaking University. It's only a matter of time before a race riot kicks off here; and I don't want to be involved in that bs..

My only regret is that I NEVER invested in Nigeria, when I was leading life on the fast lane - I was naive, and that was because I listened to too many negativity about Nigeria from losers and pessimists - whom are always quick to tell people horror tales about Nigeria, just to make themselves feel better - and hide their insecurities..

Nigeria is like heaven to me right now, I'm making major moves - and I'll be back to the land of my ancestors in two years time. If 160million black people can survive in that so-called "cesspit" by losers - I definitely can - with me two degrees, and professional qualification. I'm ready to get dirty, and get paid in Nigeria. My grandparents made it Nigeria, and my parents also did before leaving - and I know I can. I was raised in the school of hard knocks, and I graduated with a first class grade - before turning my life around. I SURVIVED AGAINST ALL ODDS!

Phuck losers and pessimistic clowns - Nigeria is slowly but surely going to get there.

16 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by nduchucks: 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2012
Nigeria awaits and needs you desperately. BTW, we have the greatest number of black millionaires (dollar terms) than any other country in the world.

The opportunities here are enormours.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2012
ndu_chucks: Nigeria awaits and needs you desperately. BTW, we have the greatest number of black millionaires (dollar terms) than any other country in the world.

The opportunities here are enormours.

Thanks, bruv.. I'm making major plans and networking across Naija.. Soon come home!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
To keep Nigeria as one is a task that must be achieved.

One Nigeria. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2012
shymmex: To keep Nigeria as one is a task that must be achieved.

One Nigeria. cool

You know hypothetically speaking you have 1 Optimists for every 100,000 citizens grin but hey, who says you cannot build a Nation on the back of ideals of a handful few
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Desola(f): 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2012
death to Nigeria!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2012
Shattap there Op. Look at how you are raking like a tout. Cool down and drive home your point without all this your gragra.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2012
It's good to know people like you still exist. And you're very right about the insecurity thingy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by coolguy2002: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
It's good to know people like you still exist. And you're very right about the insecurity thingy.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
I still wouldn't trust a Nigerian any farther than I can throw him. undecided
My issue is not with the country, but with the people and their mentality.
They never seem to fail to affirm the stereotypes people have of them.

I wouldn't entrust them with something I know I can't afford to lose.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by stepo707: 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2012
I wouldn't blame the citizens for being pessimistic.Its the darn leaders that have been constantly looting our treasury and has brought suffering upon the citizens.But i still believe in Nigeria.she is a great country.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Ekhan1(m): 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2012
Desola: death to Nigeria!
a typical example of a pessimist.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2012
stepo707: I wouldn't blame the citizens for being pessimistic.Its the darn leaders that have been constantly looting our treasury and has brought suffering upon the citizens.But i still believe in Nigeria.she is a great country.

Where do the leaders come from?
Is it not the citizens?

As I have always said, more than 90% of the nigerians that blame the leaders will do the same thing if they got into that leadership position...or even much worse.
it has been the same darn cycle for more than a couple decades now.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2012
cheers.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Ekhan1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
stepo707: I wouldn't blame the citizens for being pessimistic.Its the darn leaders that have been constantly looting our treasury and has brought suffering upon the citizens.But i still believe in Nigeria.she is a great country.
enuf tok abt leaders this leaders that. The leaders dont make up the nation, the people also do. We all have a role to playas a citizen nt until u become a know leader. Play ur role well and encourage others to do same. One thing is for sure, d evil deeds of the leaders will b put to an end onday. Meanwhile, do what you have to do to effect change and dont compromise your integrity.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by babaowo: 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2012
@op truly UK is in her dying stage,but it will be better if u can have properties is S/W in naija and move to brasil. A word is enough.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2012
yorke: Shattap there Op. Look at how you are raking like a tout. Cool down and drive home your point without all this your gragra.

You don't need to get abusive, why can't you be civilized with your critique?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by kristiansmart: 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2012
ArQueBusieR: It's good to know people like you still exist. And you're very right about the insecurity thingy.
Me too.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Aizebioje(m): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2012
Truth is no matter the problems we face here,there is no guarantee that travelling abroad is gonna a4d u a beta life unless you have some real time connections or probably knw Obama or The Queen personally.There are Nigerians who spent millions of naira travelling abroad,good money that could have been invested here in Nigeria other go through Libya with so much determination.If half of that determination was put into making it here in Nigeria maybe some,most of them wouldn't have been wasted in the desert and Nigeria would actually be a better place to live in.9JA 4 LIFE JOR

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2012
babaowo: @op truly UK is in her dying stage,but it will be better if u can have properties is S/W in naija and move to brasil. A word is enough.

I'm defo gonna visit Brazil before the end of the year. I know Brazil is booming right now, but the language barrier is problematic.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Ekhan1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
2buff:

Where do the leaders come from?
Is it not the citizens?

As I have always said, more than 90% of the nigerians that blame the leaders will do the same thing if they got into that leadership position...or even much worse.
it has been the same darn cycle for more than a couple decades now.
2buff...tnkyou. Pple fail to see the truth in this. Most of the pple in power today mayhv in d past condemned OBJ or other leaders bt thier impact isnt bn felt today as leaders. We always like to look for who to put the blame on. Leaders this, leaders that...enuf of that. Well, let all citizens play their roles well and Nigeria wld be a beta place.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by dasparrow: 6:53pm On Apr 10, 2012
Shymmex brother,

You have spoken well. I just love this post of yours and God bless you for all you have said. It is ironic that what you mentioned about the UK is also happening here in the U.S.A There are barely any very well payig jobs bro and unemployment is still very high. Lately I keep hearing in the news of whites shooting blacks. The first incidence was the hoody wearing black young male in Florida. This past friday (Good friday) in Tulsa, some white men shot at black male pedestrians who were minding their business and just walking on the streets killing 3 and injuring 2. I am seeing a trend whereby oyibos are taking out their frustrations on blacks and it won't be long before america reverts back to the country it was before the civil rights movement. The average american has become so aggressive and bitter and who in their right mind wants to sit there and become their scapegoat on whom they will gladly take out their frustrations on? In short bro, you have spoken well. Let him or her who has ears hear.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Ekhan1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 10, 2012
Serious elated that positive minds still exist in Nigeria. Nigeria's our own, we cant continue like this. This present generation of youths have a great challenge to revive Nigeria. May God give us the wherewithal...Amen.
One Nigeria, good people, great nation.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by otokx(m): 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
God bless Nigeria
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Desola(f): 6:57pm On Apr 10, 2012
disillusioned lot!

Nigeria is on its last legs and the earlier you realise it and start to prepare, the better.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2012
dasparrow: Shymmex brother,

You have spoken well. I just love this post of yours and God bless you for all you have said. It is ironic that what you mentioned about the UK is also happening here in the U.S.A There are barely any very well payig jobs bro and unemployment is still very high. Lately I keep hearing in the news of whites shooting blacks. The first incidence was the hoody wearing black young male in Florida. This past friday (Good friday) in Tulsa, some white men shot at black male pedestrians who were minding their business and just walking on the streets killing 3 and injuring 2. I am seeing a trend whereby oyibos are taking out their frustrations on blacks and it won't be long before america reverts back to the country it was before the civil rights movement. The average american has become so aggressive and bitter and who in their right mind wants to sit there and become their scapegoat on whom they will gladly take out their frustrations on? In short bro, you have spoken well. Let him or her who has ears hear.

It's the same out here in the UK - it's just a matter of time before a race riot breaks out... I don't want to get involved with that bs - only losers will fight the owners of the land, over a place which rightfully belongs to them.

Malcolm X: "Just because a kitten is born in the oven, that doesn't make it biscuit." After reading about Malcolm X - I've since shifted my focus to Nigeria, which is my country - and where I'm a son of the soil..
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
Desola: disillusioned lot!

Nigeria is on its last legs and the earlier you realise it and start to prepare, the better.

Keep deluding yourself, Nigeria will never BREAK UP... The worst would be to go back to regional government - the elites will NEVER allow the country to break up...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2012
otokx: God bless Nigeria
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by babaowo: 7:01pm On Apr 10, 2012
shymmex:

I'm defo gonna visit Brazil before the end of the year. I know Brazil is booming right now, but the language barrier is problematic.
..... The language is easy to learn & understand and resident permit is not that hard,Nigeria is not that bad but is not adviceable for person who had lived almost most of his life in western world,unless u will be indoor buzness man and going out at night. Is from my experienced
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by dasparrow: 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2012
shymmex:

It's the same out here in the UK - it's just a matter of time before a race riot breaks out... I don't want to get involved with that bs - only losers will fight the owners of the land, over a place which rightfully belongs to them.

Malcolm X: "Just because a kitten is born in the oven, that doesn't make it biscuit." After reading about Malcolm X - I've since shifted my focus to Nigeria, which is my country - and where I'm a son of the soil..

Very well said. I am doing the same. As a matter of fact 70% of my belongings were shipped home last year. I only have 30% left. I encourage my carribean friends here in America to invest in their homelands as well before crap hits the fan here in America which it will from the outlook of things.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by lastcenter: 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2012
shymmex: I have observed that most Nigerians are so pessimistic about Nigeria; and are quick to talk down on the country. It's just a pity to be honest,. I know Nigeria has its fair share of problems, and definitely not the best country in the world - but there are so many things attainable in Nigeria - that can't be attained even in the so-called civilized countries.

The funniest part of the whole ordeal is that, most of these clowns who are so quick to put down Nigeria don't even pay TAX. If you don't pay TAX, and make money from Nigeria - then, you need to slap yourself for being stupid - and you're a thief. I've met a fair share of people from Sudan, Somalia, Congo DR, Rwanda, Uganda, Burundi etc. These places are like the biblical hell on earth, yet you don't seem them talk bad about their countries - the same can't be said of Nigerians..

I have never seen western media show starving people in Nigeria - the same way I see Somalians, Ethiopians, Congolese etc.

- Do you guys know how many Nigerians are stuck in different countries outside Nigeria, who would want to return to Nigeria - but can't because they don't have the means to, and are regretting leaving Nigeria? Yes

- Do you guys know how many Nigerians want to return home, but can't because they don't have the qualifications, and resources to compete back home - and all their mates they left behind have since moved far ahead of them? Yes

- Do you guys know how many Nigerians just live to survive in the western world, without any advancement in their lives - and they have been in the same position and situation since they left Nigeria? Yes

- Do you guys know how many jobless Nigerians roam the streets of London, New York, Paris etc. with no jobs, living from hand to mouth? Yes

Guys, thank God for Nigeria, and be happy with we have. At least the economy is growing, and if fundamental things like electricity, housing, security etc. can be put in place - we will continue to grow.... Yes

The UK I live in is DEAD, the economy has refused to grow despite all the cuts, and there are no freaking jobs out there. It's only a matter of time before the whole country explodes. Graduates can't even get a job out here, most times you have to settle for the same wages as some semi-illiterates working in Tesco and ASDA. Despite being in debt and wasting time attending a freaking University. It's only a matter of time before a race riot kicks off here; and I don't want to be involved in that bs..

My only regret is that I NEVER invested in Nigeria, when I was leading life on the fast lane - I was naive, and that was because I listened to too many negativity about Nigeria from losers and pessimists - whom are always quick to tell people horror tales about Nigeria, just to make themselves feel better - and hide their insecurities..

Nigeria is like heaven to me right now, I'm making major moves - and I'll be back to the land of my ancestors in two years time. If 160million black people can survive in that so-called "cesspit" by losers - I definitely can - with me two degrees, and professional qualification. I'm ready to get dirty, and get paid in Nigeria. My grandparents made it Nigeria, and my parents also did before leaving - and I know I can. I was raised in the school of hard knocks, and I graduated with a first class grade - before turning my life around. I SURVIVED AGAINST ALL ODDS!

Phuck losers and pessimistic clowns - Nigeria is slowly but surely going to get there. Clowns are o.k for entertainment.

Yes,unlike pirates, they always had your monies after the show, but even hunters save some(barristers, wardens) and then there are 'mountains' in Nigeria ....what the ....? Are there any out there? is it blasted to never ever tell me? Father's tell children..but .....I waNT you to think long and hard..Lets help them study me....ooopsss.this boy has papers into... undecided. 'Don't move'. Where is he? In space? Need some fuel/gas?

Me thinks he will 'Knock (the black outta ya) your teeth out..' shocked lipsrsealed

In case you don't know..for blasting mountains sake to start a topic this is now available 'Sea Land Electric Pumps'. Now, some solutions where only for selfish reasonings but when you study me you will never ever 'act around it'. O.k I will help you and then you will smile there 100%.

Go Here for Feed
Go Here Black girls killing it! (Dadada..dada..dadada ....)

No i'm not a woman. No im not...really but .... angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 10, 2012
dasparrow:

Very well said. I am doing the same. As a matter of fact 70% of my belongings were shipped home last year. I only have 30% left. I encourage my carribean friends here in America to invest in their homelands as well before crap hits the fan here in America which it will from the outlook of things.

That's the best thing to do, brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Executive Bodies Listed In The 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic / In Spite Of Difficulty, President Buhari Has Been Growing The Economy - Osinbajo / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.