Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch (36512 Views)

Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador / 7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. / The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by overhypedsteve(m): 12:30am On Jul 15, 2014
Afrocatalyst:
lol. E pain am die. Lawyer indeed,lawyer my foot. Have you eaten today? Eyah...

Guy,on a more serious note,you don't just come online and quote people and call them fools. I normally dnt reply dumb..sses like u bt I want to make u taste a bit of ur own poison.
You're still on ur first degree and cnt keep ur head low? I pity u. And dnt go abt making jest of people's livelihood cos u dnt knw what led to they going into it and where it's taking them to. And for ur info, karma is a biatch.
The world has changed boy,most peeps dnt depend again on what they studied at skull. Bt how are u supposed to undastand overhypedsteve?

To all these rants,I say it's ok. Am sorry if I made you offended. I never intended to. Pls forgive me and let it go. Bt I hope we both learnt sometin frm each other. Stay blessed bro and keep being a brother! I love you. And am not going to reply you again. Cheers.
you ve proven that you re not matured in anyway, any sensible person would see that my calling you paddy earlier was an attempt to forstall futher hostilities, but you ruined your earlier chances at a peaceful settlement by clearly misyearning, but now when i bring the heat on you as expected, you suddenly began to understand that karma is a bitch and started calling me broda, wen even in my attempt at peace i called you paddy, you reject am, now i suddenly turn your brother, karma isnt a bitch my man, karma is the divine consequence and implication of people action, in my post, rather than focus on spiting your job, i tried to help you see the damage which you re doing to our planet by spraying harzardious material on the remaining earth vegetation and reducing the worth of the land for agricultural use, but no you wont listen, you wont hear, you wont understand and neither will you assimilate, you will just stand there with you fumigation tank in hand waiting for the next land to destroy, gardening, whatever happened to the beautiful act of manual weeding, why re you destroying our eco system in the name of earning a living, have you seen any agricultural or gardening authority that recomend the use of fumigation in weed control, fo you know that the use of fumigants is a major cause of desertification, would you as a man place the immediate interest of you and your family to undermine the interest of a global community, what would your responce be,if you hear that an endangered specie of butterfly is now estinct thanks to the use of your toxic fumigants, your 400 naira fumigation has a very serious consequence and implication for our entire eco system
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by MthimbaneZA(m): 12:57am On Jul 15, 2014
Jews never depart with their Jewish culture from the days of Abram till today everyone should know that. What I believe is that, it is passed on father to son. But these so called Jews, have not a single trace of Jewish CULTURE first to prove us wrong.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by macof(m): 5:32am On Jul 15, 2014
Abagworo: . In the central Igbo area there is something known as Ihitte/Ifitte which translates to springing up from nowhere. In Ezhilihitte area of Mbaise they have a shrine at Oboama l'umunama which they call "Ihu Chileke" (Presence of God) where the "Nfunala" is believed to have occurred. This means origin of mankind occurred there.
Ok. thanks for clearing that up
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by macof(m): 5:53am On Jul 15, 2014
Antivirus92: Some igbo people are very foolish. Most of igbos don't know their history yet they will speak ill of a hist ory account given by another person to please other nigerians.
Some even say that igbos are from igala,ibibio,bini,ijaw etc. Why can't that fellow believe that igbos have existed b/4 all those groups?. There might be some senses in what the king said. I will not rubbish it inorder to please the yorubas like most people are doing. If you doubt this historical account,research and bring out yours.

Shut up, you are really sounding stuupid. Not only is this man's story totally made up from his knowledge of the Bible, he still doesn't quite understand the Bible and most importantly Dating
How can u say Eri son of Gad, son of Jacob is the same Eri father of Nri??

There's over 3000years between these two characters.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Antivirus92(m): 7:29am On Jul 15, 2014
macof:
Shut up, you are really sounding stuupid. Not only is this man's story totally made up from his knowledge of the Bible, he still doesn't quite understand the Bible and most importantly Dating

fool when ur brothers are discussing about oduduwa,ile ife,sango, u can hardly see igbo people commenting because u pple are irrelevant. But whenever nri,anambra,igbo,enugu,ojukwu,biafra is typed. U fools will rush to spill trash. What do u know about igbo people? Can u prove with evidences that eri of bible is not the eri igbo progenitor?
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Antivirus92(m): 7:33am On Jul 15, 2014
macof:

fool when ur brothers are discussing about oduduwa,ile ife,sango, u can hardly see igbo people commenting because u pple are irrelevant. But whenever nri,anambra,igbo,enugu,ojukwu,biafra is typed. U fools will rush to spew trash. What do u know about igbo people? Can u prove with evidences that eri of bible is not the eri igbo progenitor?
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Antivirus92(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2014
macof:

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Afrocatalyst: 7:45am On Jul 15, 2014
overhypedsteve: you ve proven that you re not matured in anyway, any sensible person would see that my calling you paddy earlier was an attempt to forstall futher hostilities, but you ruined your earlier chances at a peaceful settlement by clearly misyearning, but now when i bring the heat on you as expected, you suddenly began to understand that karma is a bitch and started calling me broda, wen even in my attempt at peace i called you paddy, you reject am, now i suddenly turn your brother, karma isnt a bitch my man, karma is the divine consequence and implication of people action, in my post, rather than focus on spiting your job, i tried to help you see the damage which you re doing to our planet by spraying harzardious material on the remaining earth vegetation and reducing the worth of the land for agricultural use, but no you wont listen, you wont hear, you wont understand and neither will you assimilate, you will just stand there with you fumigation tank in hand waiting for the next land to destroy, gardening, whatever happened to the beautiful act of manual weeding, why re you destroying our eco system in the name of earning a living, have you seen any agricultural or gardening authority that recomend the use of fumigation in weed control, fo you know that the use of fumigants is a major cause of desertification, would you as a man place the immediate interest of you and your family to undermine the interest of a global community, what would your responce be,if you hear that an endangered specie of butterfly is now estinct thanks to the use of your toxic fumigants, your 400 naira fumigation has a very serious consequence and implication for our entire eco system

Thank you bro. It's been a pleasure,seriously. Am grateful for this experience. Now I know better.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Wislet(f): 7:56am On Jul 15, 2014
ERRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM............
PARDON ME BUT, IF IGBOS ARE ONE OF THE CHILDREN OF JACOB (as he said, from the tribe of GAD).....DOES IT NOT MEAN THEY ARE FROM ISRAEL AND NOT EGYPT?
JACOB HAD 12 CHILDREN- REUBEN, SIMEON, LEVI, JUDAH, ISSACHAR, ZEBULUN, DAN, NAPHTALI, GAD, ASHER, JOSEPH AND BENJANMIN..... Which means GAD is a descendant of JACOB who GOD RENAMED ISRAEL. THAT THE ISRAELITES WERE SLAVES IN EGYPT DID NOT MAKE THEM EGYPTIANS. THEY WERE STILL WHO THEY WERE- ISRAELITES- Isn't that so? SO HOW CAN WE SAY THAT THE TRIBE OF GAD(who are Israelites) ARE EGYPTIANS?
When Ghanaians came to Nigeria to seek refuge, did that change their names from Ghanaians to Nigerians? They were still who they were- Ghanaians.
So, isn't it more credible to say that a tribe of Israel are called Israelites than calling them Egyptians? Or DOES HE MEAN THAT THEY WERE ORIGINALLY EGYPTIANS WHO LATER DECIDED TO JOIN THE TRIBE OF GAD?
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Wislet(f): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2014
On the other hand, looking at those pictures of ancient Igbo dressing, that mode of dressing, is it more prominent of ISRAEL or EGYPT? Which people dressed that way in ancient times even though a people can imbibe another's culture.
And the religious nature of Igbos, does it depict more of Israelites or Egyptians? Their strength, their business acumen?
It would be great really to know where exactly Igbos originate from cos they are a special breed.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by macof(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2014
Antivirus92: fool when ur brothers are discussing about oduduwa,ile ife,sango, u can hardly see igbo people commenting because u pple are irrelevant. But whenever nri,anambra,igbo,enugu,ojukwu,biafra is typed. U fools will rush to spew trash. What do u know about igbo people? Can u prove with evidences that eri of bible is not the eri igbo progenitor?

O well then...you are Jews, sons of Abraham, brothers to Jesus

Are you happy now?
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Antivirus92(m): 9:00am On Jul 15, 2014
macof:

O well then...you are Jews, sons of Abraham, brothers to Jesus

Are you happy now?
that's not what i am saying. I'm only saying that we should not condemn the history totally without evidence like some of you did.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by akpanbaba: 11:29am On Jul 15, 2014
They will soon discover that they are from Iraq
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by mainman7(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
We the Yorubas demand an unalloyed and undiluted APOLOGY from the igbos now! Against the agreement, igbos spared their own corrupt politicians during the 1966 Coup. Again, against the agreement, igbos invaded Ore (Yoruba Land) during the war, what a terrible and evil-minded traitors igbos are!
At Ore, they met their Water-Loo at the hand of common Yoruba hunters (the igbos soldiers cloths tenaciously clung to their flesh, became the same with their body, and attempts to pull it off teared their flesh, blood flowed and fear came upon them) they were then mercilessly slaughters like chickens.
That was their last attempt to ever try to take war to Yoruba Land.
igbos are the most deceitful and unreliable set of people on Earth. You'll enter into an agreement them but they'll surely stab you right at your back, guaranteed! Worst still, they'll try to play on your intelligence by alleging you of the exact evil they are obviously guilty of.
For 3 unforgivable offenses:
1.) Sparing their own currupt people during the 1966 Coup
2.) For again breaching agreement having the effrontery to enter Ore during the war
3.) Most important of all, for trying to play on the intelligence of the Great Yoruba people, by having the effrontery to demand for apology at all when they should have been using your mouth to wipe the floor begging the Yorubas for forgiveness.
We, the Yorubas demand an unalloyed and undiluted APOLOGY from the igbos now!

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by halfdutch: 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
HRH is quite knowledgeble about the historyof Igbo's, however, he also got several things wrong.

1.Abraham is not the founder of Islam nor ever practice Islam as he lived around 1800 BC! Islam was founded on the teachings of Muhammad about 1500 years ago. And praying face-down was an ancient Hebrew/Jews ways of worshiping Yahweh. Abraham, Yeshua/Jesus likewise Mohammad also prayed to Yahweh/God with their face downwards.

2. The today Egyptians are not the ancient or real Egytians...the Kushitites! They were not the ones that built the great pyramids! The ancient Egyptians are blacks, see picture below. And the modern day Egyptians are the descendants of the Arab Muslim invaders who conquered the land of Kush/ Egypt. Those who refused to be converted to Islam or be conquered by the Mohammedans fled to other parts of Africa, perhaps to the Igboland.

2. The today Egyptians are not the ancient or real Egytians...the Kushitites! They were not the onces that built the greate piramides! The ancient Egpytians are blacks, see picture below. And the modern day Egyptians are the decendants of the Arab Muslim invaders who conquered the land of Kush/ Egypt. Those who refused to be converted to Islam or be conqured by the Mohammadan's left to other parts of Africa, perhaps to the Igboland.

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by halfdutch: 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
halfdutch: HRH is quite knowledgeble about the historyof Igbo's, however, he also got several things wrong.

1.Abraham is not the founder of Islam nor ever practice Islam as he lived around 1800 BC! Islam was founded on the teachings of Muhammad about 1500 years ago. And praying face-down was an ancient Hebrew/Jews ways of worshiping Yahweh. Abraham, Yeshua/Jesus likewise Mohammad also prayed to Yahweh/God with their face downwards.

2. The today Egyptians are not the ancient or real Egytians...the Kushitites! They were not the ones that built the great pyramids! The ancient Egyptians are blacks, see picture below. And the modern day Egyptians are the descendants of the Arab Muslim invaders who conquered the land of Kush/ Egypt. Those who refused to be converted to Islam or be conquered by the Mohammedans fled to other parts of Africa, perhaps to the Igboland.

2. The today Egyptians are not the ancient or real Egytians...the Kushitites! They were not the onces that built the greate piramides! The ancient Egpytians are blacks, see picture below. And the modern day Egyptians are the decendants of the Arab Muslim invaders who conquered the land of Kush/ Egypt. Those who refused to be converted to Islam or be conqured by the Mohammadan's left to other parts of Africa, perhaps to the Igboland.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Kingstone32(m): 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ok, we originated form egypt, jew and hebrew. Note this, egypt, jews, isreal, etc. They are white race. How come we became black. Or are you saying that the sun made us black?
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by IMMUNO1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
The captioning is the problem. Jacob beget Eri according to this man. But Jacob was never an Egyptian.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by IMMUNO1(m): 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
Wrong captioning, wrong interview, wrong reading, wrong understanding, wrong posting. Everything here is wrong!
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by IMMUNO1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
Wrong captiön, wrong post, wrong readin. JACOB is not an Egyptian.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Bolurx(m): 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
ICHINONYE: [b] Jacob wrestled with one of the angels and the angel told Jacob that from now, you are Israel. So, Israel – the children of Jacob – were subjected to slavery and they prayed to God. God answered their prayer and then, there was an exodus.

They left Egypt and these children of Eri, Gad were part of the exodus. They arrived at a big sea and when Moses struck the water, the sea divided into two and they were able to pass through. Though, there was a calamity as the Pharaoh of Egypt at the time used his chariot to chase them so as to take them back. You know fully well that God did not allow Moses to enter the Promised Land.

When they came to River Jordan, that was where Moses handed the covenant over to Joshua. Now, the responsibility of guiding the Israelites was then on Joshua. That covenant placed in the River Jordan was very significant because God told Joshua to remove 12 stones from that river and those 12 stones represented the 12 tribes of Israel.

Now we are talking about the 12 tribes, we are talking about the tribe of Eri because Gad was the tribe that begat Eri. After suffering, some of them went back to Egypt and they were so tempted by the difficult position those Islamic Jihadists pulled on them.

The children of Eri refused to be converted to Islam and they ran away from Egypt to Nnubia and to other places. Each area they went, these jihadists kept on conquering the places. Nnubia was another parallel empire to Egypt as they had Nnubian Pharaohs and Egyptian Pharaohs that fought several wars. After the wars, Nnubia became extinct and later turned to the present Sudan nation.

That was the area where Eri and his devotees stayed and after the fall of Nnubia, they had to take off again and started moving down south, looking at a place where those jihadists won’t attack them. They became refugees and the children of Eri later arrived at a placed called Jutkom, southern part of Kaduna but presently in Taraba State.

Again, the jihadists visited them and conquered the place and they kept moving towards the Nile basin. They preferred moving on the river basin where they could always get food and water.

They later arrived at the first confluence of River Niger and Benue and wanted to see whether they could live there, but the jihadists came and conquered the place.

In their movement towards the southern side, they arrived at another confluence. This confluence was the tributary of River Niger and Benue known as ‘Ezu na Omambala’. When Eri and his devotees arrived at this place, dressed in Usman Dan fodio kind of regalia and were so tired, they tried to settle there.

Though this area was every small and there were no commercial activities there, they decided to stay there. But they did not settle at the front water because of their previous experiences of attacks. They moved five miles inside the region of the confluence and settled in the interior.

They were only four in number and they cleared a small space and started life there. They named the place Eriaka, meaning the home of Eri. Eri begat children there and assimilated the people living around despite their civilised exposure.

Already, the first question posed to Eri by the people living there was: “Who are you?” Actually, there was difficulty in language but when the question was thrown, Eri answered them, ‘We are Igbos’.

http://www.today.ng/news/ndigbo-originated-from-egypt-jacobs-son-is-the-father-of-nri-monarch/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter [/b] below is the Pic of His Majesty, Eze Obidiegwu Onyesoh, MFR, the traditional ruler of Nri kingdom

Excellent crap!
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by hishandmaid(f): 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
I'm trying so hard to understand this story whether it is bible story or Ndi Igbo origin. Its neither here nor there for me. Just can't feel it & truly I careless where we originated from cos all mankind came from God. End of story
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Gynacologist(m): 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
UjSizzle: Seriously man, who cares about all these things? Whether it's Egypt, Israel, or bloody Iraq, we're Igbos not any of those people! angry

I'm yet to understand the need to identify with some ancient race. Is there a prize to be won undecided
u neva cn tell u knw.
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by Gynacologist(m): 8:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
sylve11:

My dear, me tire. Just wear their silly red caps then start to dey quote from bible or any book wey we understand differently. *hisses* cool
have any issue wif d cap nd wat tribe are u
?
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by onyeomachukwu: 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
AGULERI IS THE ANCESTRAL HOME
OF THE IGBOS, NOT NRI

INTRODUCTION
The attention of the people of Aguleri has been drawn to the story on the settlement of the Igbos in Nigeria, published in the Daily Sun of Wednesday 26th February, 2014, under the caption: "How Igbo first settled in Nri". Consequent upon this, the undersigned persons have been mandated to make the following statement on the issue, on behalf of Aguleri:
To say the least, the story under reference is grossly misleading. It is a historical distortion and a travesty of Igbo history. We find it difficult to believe that a prominent member of the family of Eri, the progenitor of the Igbos, and of all personages, His Royal Majesty Obidiegwu Onyeso of Nri, is credited with such a grievous falsification of facts on the history of the Igbos. This is why we have waited this long to react to the story, expecting that he would disown it or disassociate himself from the misrepresentations therein. But since he has not done so, we are now convinced that the views and assertions in the story were correctly attributed to him.
Igwe Onyeso's present stance, as reflected in the story, is a shocking contradiction to what he knows and believes to be the correct situation, as he practically and faithfully demonstrated during his visit to Aguleri in 1988, as part of the necessary traditional rites for the traditional ruler of Agukwu-Nri. For him to be singing a different tune now, even to the point of contesting the headship of Eri clan, and by extension of Ndi Igbo, with Aguleri is, indeed, unfortunate. We do not wish to engage in a public controversy with our brother, the Eze Nri, over a matter all of us know the truth. That explains why Aguleri has never bothered to make an issue over the wrong impression held by some people that Agukwu-Nri is the head of the Igbos, believing that our brothers, the Nris, are aware of the truth, and that there is no need publicly debunking the misconception. However, the erroneous assertions by Igwe Onyeso in the said publication have now made it necessary to correct that impression and set the records of Igbo history straight, particularly their settlement in Nigeria.
THE FACTS
From historical findings, Eri from Israel was the fifth son of Gad, the seventh son of Jacob (Genesis 46:15-18 and Numbers 26:16:18). He migrated from Egypt with a group of companions just before the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt many centuries ago. They travelled by water and finally arrived at the confluence of Ezu and Omabala (Anambra) Rivers, located in present-day Aguleri, where, according to oral tradition, it was spiritually or divinely revealed to Eri that the point was to be their final destination and settlement. They moved into the hinterland and settled in the present-day Aguleri. Eri lived and died at Aguleri.
Agulu was the eldest son of Eri, and not Menri, as claimed by Igwe Onyeso. This is supported by oral tradition in Aguleri and in other communities of Eri clan. It is also confirmed by historical accounts by many writers of Igbo history. For instance, Alaezi J.G.C, in his book: “IBOS: Hebrew Exiles from Israel,” stated that “Aguleri was the oldest of the Eri descendants in Nigeria. Eri himself was the fifth son of Gad and Gad the seventh son of Jacob or Israel (See Genesis 46:15-18; Numbers 26:16-18; Exodus 1:1-5). Nri was the most prominent, but the last-born.” Menri (Nri) was prominent because, just as Levi was the Priest in the House of Jacob, Menri was the Priest in the House of Eri, and he performed priestly and spiritual functions throughout the Igbo settlement.
As the population at the settlement of Eri at Aguleri increased, and in combination with other factors, the children of Eri and/or their descendants left the settlement and founded various other settlements outside Aguleri, while Agulu, the first son, remained in their father's home at Aguleri with his descendants. Agulu, fondly called Agulu-Nwa-Eri, appended the name of their father, Eri, to his name and founded Agulu-Eri (Aguleri). Menri left Aguleri and settled at a big forest, where he engaged in hunting and farming, while also performing his spiritual work. He called the settlement Agu-Ukwu. When he was getting very old, he told his children to take him back to his ancestral home, as he would not want to die outside his father's home. Menri was brought back to Aguleri, where he died and was buried. His grave is still marked at Okpu, in Ivite Aguleri, till this day. There is no other grave site of Menri, the founder of Nri, anywhere else in Igbo land, even in Nri itself, except in Aguleri.
It is pertinent to mention also that one of the foremost researchers on Igbo history, Isichei Elizabeth (1976), stated in her book, "A History of the Igbo People”, that the point of Igbo dispersal in Nigeria was around the Anambra valley/basin. No doubt, that point was at Aguleri. This fact was corroborated by Ujah (2006) when he stated in his book, “The Origin of Ibos,” that Arodi, the younger sibling of Eri, was one of the people that migrated with Eri and settled at Aguleri, from where he later left and gave birth to Arochukwu and Arondizuogu, as well as other Aro communities in Igboland.

Also, in 1995, a group of five Israeli anthropologists came to Nigeria, looking for evidence that the Eri of the House of Jacob was the same Eri in Nigeria. They went to several Igbo communities without much success in their mission, until they finally came to Aguleri. They were led on the visit to Aguleri by Senator Ben Obi (Ojeligbo) from Awka, accompanied by Chief Okoye Ojibeka from Nri and Chief George Odum from Mbaukwu. At Aguleri, the Israelis found several evidence that Eri of the House of Jacob was the same Eri in Aguleri. Among other things, they saw one of the sacred places in Aguleri, known as Obuga, at Enugwu Aguleri, established since ancient time and dedicated to the memory of the father of Eri, Gad. The name “Obuga” is really “Obu-Gad” (the House/Sanctum of Gad). They also saw a strange writing with cowries on the floor of Obuga, which they recognized as an ancient Hebrew writing. They later decoded the writing and the impression conveyed by its meaning was in accord with Aguleri traditional belief of Obuga as a sacred place of purity, peace and justice. The Isaelis were also shown the grave sites of Eri and Menri in Aguleri.

It is also a known fact that, by tradition, no Nri man would break the kolanut where an Aguleri man is present, except with his permission. This is in deference to the fact that Agulu (Aguleri) was the elder brother of Menri (Nri). Furthermore, in recognition of the fact that Aguleri is the first son of Eri and the ancestral home of Ndi-Igbo, as well as the custodian of all the spiritual sites and places of Eri kingdom, traditional rulers of Agukwu-Nri, from time past, till date, including the famous late Igwe Tabansi Udene, visited Aguleri for certain traditional rites, without which they would not have become traditional rulers of Nri. All the above facts amply confirm that Aguleri was the first settlement and the ancestral home of the Igbos, and not Nri, as erroneously claimed by Igwe Onyeso.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by onyeomachukwu: 9:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
IGWE ONYESO AT AGULERI
In fulfillment of the age-long traditional rites for kingship in Nri, Igwe Obidiegwu Onyeso, as Igwe-elect, visited Aguleri in 1988, accompanied by a delegation from Nri, which included the late prominent lawyer, Chief Ezebilo Umeadi (SAN). Igwe-elect Onyeso and his delegation spent seven days in Aguleri, from 9th February to 15th February, 1988, visiting sacred places, paying homage and making sacrifices to certain deities/shrines. On arrival at Aguleri on 9th February, 1988, and after a brief reception at Obuga, at Umuezora, Enugwu Aguleri, Igwe-elect Onyeso and his people, the same day, went to Igboezunu Aguleri, where they visited the Okpanime shrine and Ama-Ovo (Ofo). At Okpanime, at Eziama, Igboezunu, they told the elders of Igboezunu that they had come to the shrine to ask for its blessings, to ensure a successful coronation of the Igwe-elect, Obidiegwu Onyeso. They presented kolanuts and thirty Naira in support of the kolanuts (i.e. ‘ego-oji’), some bottles of hot drink and tubers of yam, as well as a ram and a cock, as items of homage and sacrifice to Okpanime. Thereafter, Igwe-elect Obidiegwu Onyeso told the Chief Priest of Okpanime shrine that he had come with his people to perform the traditional rites required of him as Igwe-elect of Nri, as his predecessors had done, and pleaded with Okpanime to forgive whatever might be their shortcomings and bless him. Responding, the Chief Priest recalled that two Igwes-elect of Nri had come in the past to the Okpanime shrine in his life-time for their coronation rites. He took a kolanut, presented it to ‘Chukwu Abiame’ (the God of Abraham), and called on Okpanime and two prominent deities of Aguleri, the Otutunzu Aguleri and the Ajana-Ukwu Aguleri, and also on ‘Anyanwu and Agballa’ to grant the Igwe-elect a successful coronation and reign as the traditional ruler of Nri.

From Okpanime, the delegation went to Ama-Ovo (Ofo) at Umumba, Igboezunu. The Chief Priest of the Ofo deity at Ama-Ofo mildly rebuked Igwe-elect Onyeso and his delegation for going to Okpanime shrine first, before visiting Ama-Ofo. He explained that by tradition the Igwe-elect and his delegation must have the Ofo before visiting Okpanime and other deities/shrines in Aguleri, hence the need to visit Ama-Ofo first, so as to receive the Ofo. The Nri people apologized for the error. Again, they presented kolanuts, with ‘ego oji’, some bottles of hot drink and tubers of yam, as well as a ram and a cock, as items of homage and sacrifice at Ama-Ofo. The Chief Priest pointed at the Ofo tree in the place and remarked that the tree was as old as Aguleri. He prayed for a long and successful reign of the Igwe-elect as the Eze Nri. Speaking at the occasion, Igwe-elect Onyeso reiterated that he was following the footsteps of his predecessors by coming to Aguleri for certain traditional rites for Eze Nri. He affirmed that according to their oral tradition, Menri, the founder of Nri, left his father’s home at Aguleri on a hunting expedition and finally settled at the present-day Agukwu-Nri. The Nri delegation later danced for the Ofo deity, as directed by the Chief Priest, and in compliance with tradition. In conclusion of the ceremonies at Ama-Ofo, the Chief Priest handed over three Ofo sticks tied together, representing the three quarters of Aguleri, to a member of the Igwe-elect's delegation, on his behalf. He explained that he did not give the Igwe-elect the Ofo because the Ofo did not belong to the Eze Nri alone, but to the entire Nri people. From Ama-Ofo, they left for Ama-Okpu, at Ivite Aguleri.
On arrival at Ama-Okpu, Igwe-elect Onyeso and his people immediately performed the ritual of praying at the Oye shrine, with their hands raised, in total submission to the god of their father. The Chief Priest prayed for the support and blessing of Oye towards the success of the coronation of Igwe-elect Onyeso, as well as for his long reign as Eze Nri, since he and his people had complied with tradition by coming to the home of their father and before the Oye shrine. As was the case at Okpanime and Ama-Ofo, again, Igwe-elect Onyeso presented kolanuts, with ‘ego oji’, some bottles of hot drink and tubers of yam, as well as a ram and a cock, as items of homage and sacrifice at Ama-Okpu. The Chief Priest of Oye Shrine told the Nri delegation that Okpu was their ancestral home, from where Menri, the founder of Nri, and his descendants left for their present settlement at Agu-Ukwu. He said that any Igwe-elect of Nri who failed to come to Aguleri to perform the necessary traditional rites would not be Eze Nri, and recalled that one or two of such people in the past did not end well. After the ceremonies at Ama-Okpu, the delegation left for Obuga, at Enugwu Aguleri, at about 7.30pm, marking the end of their activities on their first day in Aguleri.
The following day, 10th February, 1988, at Ama-Obuga (Obuga Public Square), Igwe-elect Onyeso and his delegation, again, and for the fourth time, made a presentation of some items as homage and sacrifice to the gods. This time, instead of a ram, they presented a cow, as well as kolanuts, with ‘ego oji’, some bottles of hot drink and tubers of yam, and also a cock. One of the elders of Enugwu Aguleri, Ogbuanyinya Chinwuba Nweke, prayed for a hitch-free coronation for Igwe-elect Onyeso and pleaded with the gods to reveal to the oraculists, diviners and seers assembled at Obuga from Aguleri and beyond the identity of the person they (the gods) had chosen to collect ‘Ududu-Eze’ from the bottom of the confluence of Ezu and Anambra rivers (‘Agbanabo-Ezu-na-Omabala’) for the Igwe-elect of Nri, according to tradition. The next day, 11th February, 1988, one Igbanugo Ajana, a young boy from Umuezeora family of Enugwu Aguleri, was identified as the person to undertake the assignment. Igbanugo Ajana, who was then at Okombi camp, at Aguleri-Otu, was sent for by the head of his family. On arrival, Igbanugo Ajana was made to undergo three days of spiritual purification at Obuga. Meanwhile, Igwe-elect Onyeso sojourned at Obuga, waiting for the completion of the traditional rites.
Very early in the morning of the seventh day of the visit of Igwe-elect Onyeso and his people to Aguleri (i.e. on 15th February, 1988), an elder from Enugwu Aguleri, Ogbuevi Ekwuo Agbasionwe, led a young virgin boy and Igbanugo Ajana, accompanied by Igwe-elect Onyeso and his delegation, as well as other Enugwu Aguleri elders and youths, on foot, from Obuga to the Anambra river, a distance of about three kilometers. Igbanugo Ajana, together with Ekwuo Agbasionwe and a few young men were then taken in a canoe to Agbanabo, while Igwe-elect Onyeso and others waited at the river bank. At Agbanabo, Igbanugo Ajana jumped into the river, while those who had accompanied him moved away and waited around for him to surface. After About two hours at the bottom of the river, Igbanugo Ajana emerged with some white clay in his palms. Those who had been hanging around for him, picked him up and took him back to the river bank, where others, including Igwe-elect Onyeso, had been waiting for him.
With the white clay in his palms, Igbanugo Ajana went to where the Igwe-elect and the virgin boy, who was now carrying a traditional wooden saucer covered with white cloth, were standing, and dropped the white clay in the wooden saucer. Ekwuo Agbasionwe wrapped the clay with the white cloth in the wooden saucer, which was then presented to Igwe-elect Onyeso, and he took the white clay, representing the Ududu-Eze. According to the elders of Aguleri, any object in the palms of the person that went to the bottom of the river at Agbanabo, be it clay, stone, stick, or whatever, is the Ududu-Eze, also known as ‘Ikekelu-Eze Nri’ (the power that creates Eze Nri). So, immediately Igwe-elect Obidiegwu Onyeso removed the Ududu-Eze from the wooden saucer, there was great jubilation, with praise singers and drummers from Nri singing his praise and thanking Aguleri and the gods for making their visit successful by giving their Igwe-elect the Idudu-Eze. By this time, everybody was hurrying back to Obuga, because, according to tradition, the Ududu-Eze should not spend the night at Aguleri, since it is the power/authority for rulership over Nri, and not Aguleri.
Back at Obuga, Igwe-elect Obidiegwu Onyeso now had the Ofo, which was given to him at Ama-Ofo, in one hand and the Ududu-Eze in the other hand. At this stage, His Royal Majesty, Eze Chukwuemeka Eri of Enugwu Aguleri, sat Igwe-elect Onyeso down on the replica of the throne of Agulu, which is at Obuga. From that moment, Igwe-elect Obidiegwu Onyeso became traditionally confirmed as the Igwe of Nri or Eze Nri. As soon as he got up from the throne at Obuga, Igwe Onyeso went back to the deities/shrines in the various quarters of Aguleri on a ‘thank you’ visit, for helping him to become the traditional ruler of Nri. Thereafter, he and his delegation left for Nri. After three native weeks (i.e twelve days) of Igwe Obidiegwu Onyeso leaving Aguleri, Ogbuevi Ekwuo Agbasionwe, acting on behalf of Aguleri elders, and in keeping with tradition, went to Nri to recite to Igwe Onyeso the do’s and don’ts (‘Igu Nso’) of being in possession of the Ofo and Ududu-Eze from Aguleri, as the traditional ruler of Agukwu-Nri.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by onyeomachukwu: 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
TRADITIONAL OBLIGATION
It is, indeed, unbelievable that after going through all these coronation rites, Igwe Onyeso could refer to his visit to Aguleri in 1988 in a very casual and less-than-honest manner, by saying that “any coronated Eze Nri must obtain clay from the bottom where two rivers meet; the nearest place that meets the requirement was the confluence of Ezu and Omabala. I therefore went to Agbanabo to collect the clay for Udu Eze meant for Eze Nri. That I slept in Obuga was to shorten the distance to where I obtained the clay soil for the moulding of Udu-Eze. Aguleri and Nri do not have much in common". Igwe Onyeso knows, from the bottom of his heart, that he was being very economical with the truth. From the details given above, his visit to Aguleri to collect the Ududu-Eze or clay from Agbanabo is not a casual affair. It goes with a lot of ceremonies and tradition. Besides, Agbanabo, in the oral tradition of Eri clan, including Nri, is not just

any place "where two rivers meet". It has great spiritual significance, because it was at this point that Eri had a divine revelation that they had reached their ordained place of settlement. Members of Eri clan, including Nri, therefore, have a strong spiritual attachment to Agbanabo. And this has made it an important and mandatory feature in the coronation rites of the people of Nri. That was why Igwe Onyeso had to go to Agbanabo, at Aguleri, as a matter of traditional obligation, and not merely as any place "where two rivers meet".
As for Igwe Onyeso's reason for spending the night at Obuga, one may ask: is Obuga a guest house, or a hotel? The fact is that Obuga is a place for spiritual re-dedication and the evocation of the proud ancestry of Eri descendants and Ndi Igbo in general. It is a sacred place for royal empowerment and self-purification. Igwe Onyeso knows all this. And that was the real reason he went to Obuga. Also, it is quite misleading for Igwe Onyeso to give the covert impression that he spent only one night at Obuga, when he said: “that I slept in Obuga was to shorten the distance to where I obtained the clay soil for the moulding of Udu-Eze”. This is very untrue. He spent seven clear days at Obuga, in the performance of certain traditional rites at Aguleri for the Eze Nri, and was sleeping on the floor with a mat, as demanded by tradition.
Perhaps, it should be mentioned here that the visit of Igwe Obidiegwu Onyeso, as Igwe-elect, with his people to Aguleri in 1988, including the places he went to, making sacrifices and paying homage to certain deities/shrines, was well captured in a video coverage. The video is available in Aguleri archives for anyone who cares to see and is interested in knowing the truth.

KINGSHIP INSTITUTION IN AGULERI
We find it difficult to believe that Igwe Obidiegwu Onyeso of Agukwu-Nri is genuinely ignorant when he claimed that "Aguleri people have never produced Eze Aguleri since the beginning of time". If that is so, then it is a terrible exhibition of an unpardonable ignorance. According to Aguleri oral tradition, kingship started in Aguleri ‘ube eri’ or ‘mgbe eri’, meaning since the time of Eri, hence, one of the coronation rites Igwe-elect Onyeso performed at Aguleri was to sit on the replica of the throne of Agulu-Nwa-Eri at Obuga. But, specifically, there is the Umuezeora family of Enugwu Aguleri, which produced over thirty kings of Aguleri, up to the 18th century, and has continued, in recent times, up to now, to produce the Eze of Enugwu Aguleri. We also have the Idigo dynasty of Iruokechi family of Eziagulu Aguleri, which has produced Eze Aguleri from 1900 till date. Both dynasties are from Ugwunadegbe Aguleri.

CONCLUSION
We have gone into all the above details, in order to effectively debunk the false claims of Igwe Obidiegwu Onyeso. In the process, we believe we have also proved that Aguleri, and not Nri, is the first son of Eri and the ancestral home of Ndi-Igbo. We do not know what propelled our brother, Igwe Obidiegwu Onyeso, to engage in virtual apostasy by repudiating the traditional rites he went through at Aguleri, as well as the unwarranted denigration of Aguleri and the sacred and spiritual facts about Eri and his descendants, even to the extent of saying that “Aguleri and Nri do not have much in common”. This was after he had stated that Aguleri and Nri were among the direct children of Eri. We are, indeed, at a loss to understand our brother any more. We hope it is not a case of "he who the gods want to destroy, they first make mad”. Be that as it may, the spiritual and traditional bond between Aguleri and Nri cannot easily be wished away, just as we are reminded of the fate of some Igwes of Nri in the past, who failed to visit Aguleri to consummate the traditional rites for kingship in Nri. Perhaps, what happened to them is instructive and should be a guide to all it may concern!

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by e4e5d4d5: 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
ICHINONYE: We have been seeing n reading more about Eri n ow it came in2 being, while some argue Eri Originated 4rm Isreal , some says He is 4rm Egypt , Now here is a 1st hand Info about Eri on how n were it Originated n dis info is coming 4rm d King of d Location Eri 1st settled, so do we now go with dis? Wel read below Cheers.

[b] His Majesty, Eze Obidiegwu Onyesoh, MFR, the traditional ruler of Nri kingdom (believed to be the ancestral home of Ndigbo) in Anambra State has said that  Ndigbo originated from Egypt.

Onyesoh who said this during an interview with TONY OKAFOR of the New Telegraph claimed the father of Nri is called Gad, who according to him was the son of the biblical Jacob.

Read the excerpt from the interview below:

His Royal Majesty, how would you trace the origin of Ndigbo?

Nri came from Egypt about two centuries ago and the father of Nri was called Gad. Gad was the son of Jacob while Jacob was the son of Isaac and Isaac was the son of Abraham.

The family tree of Nri is traced from the origin of Abraham and Abraham was the favourite child of God. At that time Egypt was regarded as the capital of the whole world and the entire Igbo race lived in Egypt.

While they were there, the man called Eri, the progenitor of Ndigbo, also lived there and was the special adviser on religious matters to the fifth dynasty of Pharaohs of Egypt.

He was responsible for everything concerning religion and Pharaoh could not take any decision without consulting Eri. It was in those days in Egypt that Eri determined who was going to be the next Pharaoh.

And by their law, there was a deity called Emem. For anything to happen during the time, the man called Eri, in his capacity as the religious adviser to Pharaoh of Egypt, was responsible.

He was also responsible for the coronation of Pharaohs of Egypt because the system was, before coronation of the Pharaoh of Egypt, you must undergo certain processes.

So Eri was in charge. The Pharaoh of Egypt of the fifth dynasty recognised the protection and powers of Eri when he made him the conscience of Egypt. Now Eri needed people to help him and he recruited people called devotees. These devotees were all appointed by him but he had to do something to really find their own loyalty. Therefore, he initiated them into Ozorship.

This Ozorship was to find a means that anybody who would be associated with him should work with him and be loyal to the cause. This brought about the existence of ‘Atani’, which means tying a rope to the ankle of all their members that had the Ozo title. And by so doing, gave them power of authority to tackle issues on his behalf.

This power of authority which Eri gave to his devotees was known as Ozo title and Ofo. Some of the sons of Abraham found their own tribes as time went on and later got to the 12 tribes of Israel.

Among those children of Abraham, one of them became the founder of the Jewish religion -Judaism. During this era, there were some people who could not love themselves anymore because that time, the Pharaoh that knew Moses was no longer there.

And equally the Pharaoh that knew Eri was no longer there, he now faced the Hebrew population and some of them declared themselves Jewish and hatred started from there.

What happened next?

Interestingly, you should know that Abraham was the founder of the Islamic religion and Isaac became the founder of the religion

that later turned into Christianity. However, when the punishment and wickedness became so much, they called God that they wanted to be free from slavery. Moses went up the mountain and God asked him to go and deliver the people of Israel. Jacob was the Israel.
[/b]
Continue below!

Stop spreading this ignorance! !!!!!!!
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by TonySpike: 8:02am On Jul 16, 2014
macof:

No, not everything Africa started from Egypt. Egypt itself started from West/Central Africa

You're right, oga Macof. Egypt as a state gained her knowledge of civilisation from the ancient occupants of the wet Sahara pre-5000 BC.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by akujim: 8:13am On Jul 16, 2014
Real life history..
Re: Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch by halfdutch: 9:16am On Jul 16, 2014
Folks just watch this clip from Dr. John Berkeley. He is a black Hebrew and our brother, shalom. Here you will learn everything you want to know about our roet from Israel to ancient Kush/Egypt to Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpsHlADAYxs#t=182

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olori Prophetess Naomi Ogunwusi Ministering In Her Church / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Aminu Sanusi And Fulani Zainab Ali Bashir / What Does Ogun Lo Ma Pa E Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.