Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix (129366 Views)

See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means / Goat Farming In Nigeria... Is It For You??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by phillings247: 4:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
can u help buy bokolo breed cattle,i need d grower about 18months old.how much can u deliver to lagos
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by bilaal29: 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
heryour64:
Join the group on whatsapp all abt goat farming...........08064248493
Please add me on this number 08030712682

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by honestpoju: 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hi, I am in lagos. I will like to know who can or where can I get raw goat milk to buy?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by ibrolis(m): 12:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
pls broda...i love i join d group abt goat farmin ...dis no live add me on watapp...08068465992
heryour64:
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Eefosa1: 6:50am On Feb 16, 2016
please add me 08028131974
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by jadareese: 9:23am On Feb 26, 2016
ibrolis:
pls broda...i love i join d group abt goat farmin ...dis no live add me on watapp...08068465992

is d line functional at all I sent a request to be added for like a month now and I'm yet to see any activity... @ felixzo1,sentbu a mail too.pls check and respond.thx
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 10:53am On Feb 26, 2016
jadareese:

is d line functional at all I sent a request to be added for like a month now and I'm yet to see any activity... @ felixzo1,sentbu a mail too.pls check and respond.thx
sorry been busy saw your mail, hopefully we chat this weekend
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Addict000(m): 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
abeg add me to the whatsapp grouo too 07030280111
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Degis(m): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
heryour64:

please add me 08034104319
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Pavore9: 9:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by adenozie(m): 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hello...please ad me to WhatsApp group. I am interested in goat farming.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by adenozie(m): 12:57am On Mar 20, 2016
Felixzo1 I see you know quite a lot about goat farming.do you have a farm yet as I will like to visit for a first had experience or is there any farm you would suggest I visit .bottom line I want practical exposure .Pls reply

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Liadi2(m): 5:16am On Mar 20, 2016
Pls add me to the group 08102229757
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by yadnus1(m): 1:55am On Mar 21, 2016
Pls I'm interested in the group pls add me on 08032177975
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Ifedayour007(m): 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
felixzo1:
Cattle fattening, my strategy.
There are two basic method of cattle fattening. 1, getting wean calves and feeding them over a period of 12 months to achieve desire body weight or getting mature bull with low body weight and feeding it to desire body weight.
My strategy involves getting weaned calves, during the peak of dry season, in the far north, kastina state, sokoto state, taraba state; this is around March /April. There are a lot of cattle markets in this areas mention , bulls are cheapest in this time of the year, there are a lot of lorries and buyers transporting cows to various location in the country .a trailer can carry about 45 young bulls and transport to any part of the country is not more than N120,000. For a buyer with just 5 to 10 calves, you can join your stock to a buyer going his directions. There levies and few taxes to pay in transit, so every buyer should be aware. A calf will not cost more than N25000 during this time. I bought once in taraba state for N20, 000 per calf.
Please note, you should have stored silage or hay and a good source of constant water, a fence secure area before buying your calves..
When you purchase your bulls and have arrived your location, deworn them and give them a basic antibiotics treatment, feed them daily with your silage or hay, give them enough water to drink. The target daily weight gain is 0.5kg, the aim is to achieve desire market weight before December, and there is a good market then. The idea is to sell it directly to different groups, societies and cooperatives around your location for end of year festivities. It will not be difficult to sell during this period. Each of your bulls will be selling for nothing less than N90,000

Please I want you to clarify something for me. Is it true that Catle/Bull won't get fat if you don't walk them around ?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ifedayour007:

Please I want you to clarify something for me. Is it true that Catle/Bull won't get fat if you don't walk them around ?
the reverse is the case,they will not gain rapid weight if they walk too much around. but exercises are good for them, a little walking around is fine
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Ifedayour007(m): 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
Maple:
My farm's dairy crossbreeds:

Pix 1:Ayshire (F1), Friesian (F1), Simmental (F2) and Brown Swiss(F1) crosses
Pix 2: Australian Friesian Sahiwal (AFS) (F2) crossbreed

Please how many litre of milk do you get from these daily? I am so much interested in stating diary farm. Please how much would it cost to send up something like this. I live in Akure and I am sure there is nothing like this here, so the market will really makhelp a lot of sense. Plz reply... Thanks..
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Emexicoman(m): 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
Add me 07061190952
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by GOM2016: 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
Good evening good people in the house, I need 3 female calves of about 3 months in Lagos state, can anyone help?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by GOM2016: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2016
I was at abattoir yesterday, I saw a female of two years old very lean but with a good frame , the mallam told me that the cow is lean because of low rainfall in north, he said that if I feed it very well in three month, it will be very big. do u you think I should go ahead?
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
GOM2016:
I was at abattoir yesterday, I saw a female of two years old very lean but with a good frame , the mallam told me that the cow is lean because of low rainfall in north, he said that if I feed it very well in three month, it will be very big. do u you think I should go ahead?
my question is ,are you sure it is only two years old, if yes, it can add weight if fed well and treated. what is the price tag
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by shamecurls(m): 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
Will it be advisable for me to buy Uda rams in Lagos for fattening against Ileya as I plan to
sell-off then.

If I can, where in Lagos can I get a good deal.

Nb- Just planning to start with as little as 10 of them.
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 8:50am On Apr 12, 2016
shamecurls:
Will it be advisable for me to buy Uda rams in Lagos for fattening against Ileya as I plan to
sell-off then.

buying anything from Lagos will always be expensive.still depends on the quality you want. if up to 10 ,it's wort going to the North yourself

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by bilaal29: 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2016
shamecurls:
sell-off then.

I can be of help to you in purchasing the rams (Udah or Balami) anyone and transporting down to Lagos
Note: I work in Gombe so I won't follow the trailer but once they reach Lagos, I would communicate with you to go and get them, and you can only collect your animals at Alaba Rago in Ojo local government area
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by bilaal29: 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
@felixzo1 please what of the climatic conditions of the south considering that the animals are not used to such weather condition
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by felixzo1(m): 5:32am On Apr 13, 2016
bilaal29:
@felixzo1 please what of the climatic conditions of the south considering that the animals are not used to such weather condition
the animals will aclimatise over time, care should be placed on things like accommodation and feeding, most grasses in the South have high water content of about 75% or more, if this grasses are fed to this sheep on arrival, they will purge a lot and may die . there are two solutions, 1 reducing the water content in the grasses by sun drying before feeding. or buying some grasses along with your sheep and gradually introducing them to the grasses s in the South. sheeps are goats in the north are more use to dried grasses especially during the dry period of the year
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by bilaal29: 6:06am On Apr 13, 2016
Thanks
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by bilaal29: 6:07am On Apr 13, 2016
Thank you
I really appreciate
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by Niiade(m): 7:59am On Apr 13, 2016
Kindly add me 08025140064
Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by shamecurls(m): 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
bilaal29:

I can be of help to you in purchasing the rams (Udah or Balami) anyone and transporting down to Lagos
Note: I work in Gombe so I won't follow the trailer but once they reach Lagos, I would communicate with you to go and get them, and you can only collect your animals at Alaba Rago in Ojo local government area

How much will I get a fully matured Udah as I plan to resell during sallah.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix by bilaal29: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2016
shamecurls:

How much will I get a fully matured Udah as I plan to resell during sallah.
You can get medium udah within the range of 22k-25k and if you feed it very well, you can sell it at least 55k during sallah. Please note the bolded
Note: There are udah of 15k-17k, it all depends on your pocket and what you want

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers / Just Killed This Animal But Don't Know It's Name. / Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.