Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (3296 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop / Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hello to all Nairalanders in the building.
I want to take Computer Science Course
(Comp Sci) in University next year (by God Grace) Because I Love Everything About Computation So while am still waiting for admission, I want to start a Web Development program. (Programming: JavaScript & PHP for now) So, I need a good (rugged) Laptop. My Budget? Oops! shocked Anyways, I've set a budget of N85k (N85,000). But, still want to ask. Does brand (Like: Acer, Dell, HP or Lenovo) really matter, or determined a good Laptop? Any advice please? I'm waiting with great anticipation to hear from you guys... Thanks cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
well', u can buy it if u've already got a plot of land and if not, tink of future.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
PadBin: Hello to all Nairalanders in the building.
I want to take Computer Science Course
(Comp Sci) in University next year (by God Grace) Because I Love Everything About Computation So while am still waiting for admission, I want to start a Web Development program. (Programming: JavaScript & PHP for now) So, I need a good (rugged) Laptop. My Budget? Oops! shocked Anyways, I've set a budget of N85k (N85,000). But, still want to ask. Does brand (Like: Acer, Dell, HP or Lenovo) really matter, or determined a good Laptop? Any advice please? I'm waiting with great anticipation to hear from you guys... Thanks cheesy

It should suffice for university. Get either a core i3 or core i5 configuration. Where are you looking (I mean which places) are you using to shop for laptops. I can help you choose one out.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
ajibolabd: well', u can buy it if u've already got a plot of land and if not, tink of future.
Sorry buddy, you seems not to understand what exactly we're here to figure out. undecided What's your take on this? Though you can backout if you have no tangible contribution.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
Fulaman198:

It should suffice for university. Get either a core i3 or core i5 configuration. Where are you looking (I mean which places) are you using to shop for laptops. I can help you choose one out.
Thanks man for your contribution. And yea, am actually eyeing online shops, either Jumia or Konga tongue
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
PadBin:
Sorry buddy, I seem not to understand you undecided What's your point? Though you can backout if you have no tangible contribution.
and thats d most tangible contribution anybody can make.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2014

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
What you want are reliability, durability, and a good name brand. After Apple, Lenovo and Asus are known for making the 2nd and 3rd best laptops respectively.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-worst-laptop-brands-2014/3

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
I ain't satisfied with the response here. You guys should kindly list some of those feature one has to consider before buying a laptop and not posting link to e-store.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
Olarewajub: I ain't satisfied with the response here. You guys should kindly list some of those feature one has to consider before buying a laptop and not posting link to e-store.

It was mentioned earlier.

For his price range you look for processing power, durability, and reliability and possibly battery life. What else is there to point out at this price range?
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Fulaman198:

It was mentioned earlier.

For his price range you look for processing power, durability, and reliability and possibly battery life. What else is there to point out at this price range?
I want to see things like...
Size=>15inches
Processor => icore7
Battery=> 6cell
webcam/wifi/bluetooth => Present.
RAM=> 8gb
Graphic card, et al.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub:
I want to see things like...
Size=>15inches
Processor => icore7
Battery=> 6cell
webcam/wifi/bluetooth => Present.
RAM=> 8gb
Graphic card, et al.

Not in his price range friend

He is getting a 13 - 15" screen,
Intel Core i3 processor with integrated Intel HD graphics so no graphics card but the GPU is competent
4gb of Ram
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

Not in his price range friend

He is getting a 13 - 15" screen,
Intel Core i3 processor with integrated Intel HD graphics so no graphics card but the GPU is competent
4gb of Ram
Assuming someone has a budget of 70k, which laptop brand will you recommend.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 12:26am On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: Assuming someone has a budget of 70k, which laptop brand will you recommend.

Asus or Lenovo, I linked an article that highlighted that the best laptops are made by Apple (which ranked #1 for 2014, but we know how Apple's prices are like grin) followed by Lenovo (ranked #2) and then Asus (#3).
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 1:00am On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

Asus or Lenovo, I linked an article that highlighted that the best laptops are made by Apple (which ranked #1 for 2014, but we know how Apple's prices are like grin) followed by Lenovo (ranked #2) and then Asus (#3).
Does Asus and Lenovo run on windows 8 and are they readily available in Nigeria?
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: Does Asus and Lenovo run on windows 8 and are they readily available in Nigeria?

The ones I linked should be on Windows 8. They are Windows machines
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

The ones I linked should be on Windows 8. They are Windows machines
So what about the like of Hp, Dell and Acer?
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: So what about the like of Hp, Dell and Acer?

They are Windows machines too, but they have issues with reliability and durability.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

They are Windows machines too, but they have issues with reliability and durability.
Can you please recommend a Lenovo or asus laptop with a price tag of 70k.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

http://www./asus-x551ca-sx014h-intel-core-i3-4gb500gb-hdd-15.6-inch-windows-8-laptop-110090.html and http://www./asus-x551ca-sx014h-intel-core-i3-4gb500gb-hdd-15.6-inch-windows-8-laptop-110090.html
Thanks. I will try to find out whether asus and lenovo are available in Delta. Thought Hp is best followed by Dell.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: Thanks. I will try to find out whether asus and lenovo are available in Delta. Thought Hp is best followed by Dell.

HP and Dell were good/ok in the 90s and the early 2000s. They have since fallen. The good thing about technology is that it is not static but dynamic.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: Thanks. I will try to find out whether asus and lenovo are available in Delta. Thought Hp is best followed by Dell.

This one as well http://www./lenovo-idea-pad-b490-intel-core-i3-4gb500gb-hdd-14-inch-windows-8-laptop-98502.html
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

This one as well http://www./lenovo-idea-pad-b490-intel-core-i3-4gb500gb-hdd-14-inch-windows-8-laptop-98502.html
Thank you for the orientation. I think i prefer lenovo and hope their display are sharp?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: Thank you for the orientation. I think i prefer lenovo and hope their display are sharp?

Lenovo is quite good, they bought IBM. You can't go wrong by choosing them.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

Lenovo is quite good, they bought IBM. You can't go wrong by choosing them.
Yea, just saw that on Wikipedia,. Currently running a check on Lenovo.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: Yea, just saw that on Wikipedia,. Currently running a check on Lenovo.

Very good, they are very renowned you will love their products.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Bawss1(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

I really love Lenovo's Yoga 11s but the price was angry

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

In reference to those link you posted, there was no full specification.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Bawss1:

I really love Lenovo's Yoga 11s but the price was angry

If you work for a good company when you get out of university, you can get discounts on their products.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

http://www.slot.ng/lenovo-flex-10/ and http://www.slot.ng/lenovo-flex-10/ RAM=2GB

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth About Smile's Unlimited Plan / SOLD! Asus Netbook X200ma clearance sale!!! / Like New US Used Dell Latitude 5480 - 8GB RAM, 8th Gen Core I5, 5hrs+ Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.