Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? (20090 Views)

The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD / Which Is Worse: Greed Or Selfishness / Our Police And Illiteracy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Sijo01(f): 7:58am On Jul 16, 2014
It's lack of exposure. one can be illiterate and be expose.

3 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by yousee(m): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2014
I think both
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by fattbabakay(m): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2014
TheWholeTruth:

This thread is about you.
It's actually meant 4 him.

2 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by deekseen(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2014
When you're not exposed, your literacy covers up for you most of the time.

When you're illiterate, every time you try to expose yourself all you expose is your ILLITERACY.

2 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by fattbabakay(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2014
mynameisjade: To me they are both the same thing....
I recently had someone ask me what a Ferrari mean/was same dude has an IPAD,DSTV n lots of gadjects lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
sorry,it should be "gadgets"

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Smartsyn(m): 8:04am On Jul 16, 2014
dewaledipo: Diamond Bank is the greatest robbers of all times. they have managed to blacklist me on amazon with their gross ineptitude and lack of concern for their customers. when i called their call centre, i was told that the money would be returned but up till date they have not returned my money or pay amazon.com. After complaining severally at their branch in okeilewo abeokuta. nothing has been done. Diamond Bank Oleeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!![size=15pt][/size]
We're talking about illiteracy here bro, not Diamond Bank.

You just displayed 1 of the attributes of topic of discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Revolva(m): 8:05am On Jul 16, 2014
For me lack of exposure is worst especially amongst females who think they are too wise n too much but many may be literate a bit below average but not exposed..
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by yemi2plus(m): 8:07am On Jul 16, 2014
Poverty is worst!

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Blockus: 8:07am On Jul 16, 2014
An exposed illiterate man is better than a literate unexposed man.

However, its just by a very very small margin.

3 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2014
Karleb: Lack of exposure itself is illetracy, so what are we talking about here? undecided
explain
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2014
Lack of exposure is worse-off !!

My Grandma is an illiterate but you can never win her in the game of life because she is well exposed !!!

There are many literate people that are so dumb because they never think beyond their village and Nairaland is a great example of where they are !!!

10 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Leetunechi: 8:09am On Jul 16, 2014
Dygeasy: .

e don reach frontpage

come comment tongue
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by jonescyras(m): 8:10am On Jul 16, 2014
Illiteracy=inability to read and write(its only appied in education
while inexposure
inability to visit,witness,observe,takepart in a place or something to knw more.

Literacy(ability to read and write) without exposure brings lack of knowledge,ignorance but exposure without litracy brings experience...

We have those who never knew how to read nor write but got exposed to many things and people think they are literates...
HOWEVER,
Literacy is expensive but exposure is more expensive.

3 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by MARKone(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Lack of exposure.

2 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Leetunechi: 8:12am On Jul 16, 2014
Most of nairalanders are exposed to the internet

but they are illiterate undecided
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 16, 2014
Ceasar1:
Wow! Are you really saying this?

Lol.. maybe you don't have any idea what an illiterate ‘Looks’ like Bro.
Illiteracy is never a disease , there are many great people who can neither read nor write but they are highly educated (exposed) !!

4 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Obanleowo(m): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2014
illiteracy is a disease which a doctor cant cure.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2014
Karleb:

I mean, it's better to be an illiterate than to lack exposure.

please tell me u are kidding.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Billygee2u: 8:14am On Jul 16, 2014
dewaledipo: Diamond Bank is the greatest robbers of all times. they have managed to blacklist me on amazon with their gross ineptitude and lack of concern for their customers. when i called their call centre, i was told that the money would be returned but up till date they have not returned my money or pay amazon.com. After complaining severally at their branch in okeilewo abeokuta. nothing has been done. Diamond Bank Oleeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!![size=15pt][/size]
with the receipts of your transactions with
them,why not report to police and then take a lawyer to follow the case
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 16, 2014
Leetunechi: Most of nairalanders are exposed to the internet

but they are illiterate undecided
Nope , Literacy is the ability to read and write !

Your sentence is :

Most of Nairalanders are literate but they lack exposure so is their mentality !!

4 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by LaurelP(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2014
Illiteracy is ofcourse worse
U have a good chance of being exposed if ur learned
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2014
Different versions of same shame.none of the two is good.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by siralos135: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2014
Lack of exposure is worse.Illiteracy can sometimes be subjective.We have a wrong perspective of the term "illiteracy" here in Nigeria.In Nigeria,a man that can not read,write and express himself in english is considered an illiterate while in America it is very difficult to come across someone who cannot speak,read and write in english because that is his natural environmental language of communication.
What am i saying? You become literate by exposure but literacy can never make you exposed.literacy and exposure is a case of theory and practical.Exposure to educational situations makes you literate and your literacy is aimed at helping you adapt to and advance in the "exposures" of life.
Can you describe a man that can read and write yoruba as an illiterate? No.....that is what he has been exposed to.But because He cannot operate a t.v set does not make him an illiterate,It only emphasize its limit of exposure.

2 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2014
Illiteracy no get part two na, with just a little exposure you can blend in anyway anyday. Illiteracy is a big disease according to English
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:17am On Jul 16, 2014
donroxy: Illiteracy is never a disease , there are many great people who can neither read nor write but they are highly educated (exposed) !!
gimme a well known example.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Adeola894(m): 8:18am On Jul 16, 2014
Shop @ rtvkollections.com and get $300 on every purchase. RTV is a UK based certified clothing stores online. They deliver anywhere in nigeria cities and beyond. Hurry now! Limited stock available.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by vybrant(m): 8:18am On Jul 16, 2014
D defining word for both is ignorance..and martin luther king jr. puts 'nothing in this world is more dangerous than ignorance and conscientious stvpid.ity'

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by hayoakins(m): 8:20am On Jul 16, 2014
Illiteracy is worst!

Exposure reduces your level of illiteracy on the long-run

Please note that my definition of illiteracy is not limited to academics achievements.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by siralos135: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2014
Blockus: An exposed illiterate man is better than an illeterate unexposed man.

However, its just by a very very small margin.

Nice one.I would prefer to say An exposed illiterate man is better than an unexposed literate man.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by chrisley024(m): 8:21am On Jul 16, 2014
Illiteracy.
Reading books can expose u to many things.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Leetunechi: 8:22am On Jul 16, 2014
donroxy: Nope , Literacy is the ability to read and write !

Your sentence is :

Most of Nairalanders are literate but they lack exposure so is their mentality !!

you have said it all cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Akalia(m): 8:23am On Jul 16, 2014
There is no shame in lack of exposure,just that the person maybe naïve in some facets of life but will catch up with time but illiteracy is shameful;can't read or write, even with exposure, this illiterate will mess himself/herself up in the public.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Nigeria National Id Card? / Traffic Offenders Arraigned At Mobile Court Launched By The LASG (pics) / 16 Facts About Nigeria Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.