Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! (45019 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by wellsaid(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Add value to yourself by learning a new skill. Secure your future and make money limitlessly.

https://www.nairaland.com/1901429/acquire-valuable-skill-cheap-make

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by chidekings(m): 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
op ur not alone.just like u i opened a new ebay account,purchased two items and lastly i purchased a phone of 238 dollars,within the next day i recieved three emails from ebay,one is that my account has been suspended indefintly and two that the order has been cancelled.
Note:the seller has already shipped the goods.next two days the seller sent me a mail,that my order has been shipped via sweden mail and gave me a tracking no,i tracked the item but is showing not found and my problem is that i dont know if the item is really shipped and my account is still suspended.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by bobojoshua(m): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2014
madmanmega: Always stick to debit cards. With debit cards you can ask your bank to initiate a charge back and even thought it might take some time, like 3 months. You will get your money back. Bought a DSLR camera on amazon for some 2k plus dollars and the seller shipped empty water bottles. We filed to amazon and they said since we shipped our item to a freight forwarder (MyUs) there was nothing they could do since that was against their TOS. We went to zenith bank, collected charge back form filled it and forgot about it and some 3 months letter received alert for full refund.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by yemight2776(m): 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hi,
Please i need your help from some of you that have experience with shipping agents. i know some of them but looking in terms of their charges and reliability, am little confused.
Some the one that i know are Myus.com, Myamericanshipper.com, Shoptomydoor.com, Shippyme.com etc but the problem is that, i would have love to be using Myus.com but their charges are too much for me and Shippyme.com look more cheaper in terms of their charges but with what people have been saying about them, am very confused to use them.
Please i really want you to help me with any shipping agent that you have deal with that a cheaper with their charges and reliable or if you have anything information on those above, please help me with it. Thanks
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by shrekandfiona: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
yemight2776: Hi,
Please i need your help from some of you that have experience with shipping agents. i know some of them but looking in terms of their charges and reliability, am little confused.
Some the one that i know are Myus.com, Myamericanshipper.com, Shoptomydoor.com, Shippyme.com etc but the problem is that, i would have love to be using Myus.com but their charges are too much for me and Shippyme.com look more cheaper in terms of their charges but with what people have been saying about them, am very confused to use them.
Please i really want you to help me with any shipping agent that you have deal with that a cheaper with their charges and reliable or if you have anything information on those above, please help me with it. Thanks
search for shippyme here on nairaland and read people's experiences with them. I don't think you wanna go that route. Also search for chinosxl and read through his thread. That should be the best route for you.

Talking from my personal experience. Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by shrekandfiona: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
chidekings: op ur not alone.just like u i opened a new ebay account,purchased two items and lastly i purchased a phone of 238 dollars,within the next day i recieved three emails from ebay,one is that my account has been suspended indefintly and two that the order has been cancelled.
Note:the seller has already shipped the goods.next two days the seller sent me a mail,that my order has been shipped via sweden mail and gave me a tracking no,i tracked the item but is showing not found and my problem is that i dont know if the item is really shipped and my account is still suspended.
if all your info with them is correct, call them (ebay). They will resolve it while on phone with them. When the suspension on your account is lifted, you can now deal with the seller as per the tracking details.

call don't mail them because they won't reply emails. Speaking from same experience

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by ziccoit: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Dandy1:

Okay,so I decided to "buy it now" 1a.m last night. After pressing the confirm payment button, I got 'your account has been limited' info in my PayPal.
Stating I have to help confirm my identity. Below were the requirements to confirm. In which I've done all,but 2 are still pending.

Chief, what is the "credit card statement". How did you get yours?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by yemight2776(m): 4:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hi,
Please i heard something about Ebay but am little confuse and i said i should bring it down to you guru. Is it true that i can pay with paypal which have different address with my ebay address. i.e i used my personal home address to open paypal but used the agent address for ebay address. please will i be able to pay with my Nigeria paypal like that. Thanks
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by shrekandfiona: 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
yemight2776: Hi,
Please i heard something about Ebay but am little confuse and i said i should bring it down to you guru. Is it true that i can pay with paypal which have different address with my ebay address. i.e i used my personal home address to open paypal but used the agent address for ebay address. please will i be able to pay with my Nigeria paypal like that. Thanks
when registering for both paypal and ebay, use your Nigeria address as your billing address and it should be the same your bank has on record.

Thereafter, if you have a USA address you want your goods to be shipped to, go to your eBay account and edit your primary address to the USA address. Only edit on ebay.

you will discover paypal will also have the USA address as your confirmed shipping address.

I don't know how they confirm the address but that is what shows on my paypal and ebay account . My US address shows there as confirmed address.

Note I only effected the change on ebay not paypal but it shows on both account.

hope this helps.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by yemight2776(m): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
shrekandfiona:
when registering for both paypal and ebay, use your Nigeria address as your billing address and it should be the same your bank has on record.

Thereafter, if you have a USA address you want your goods to be shipped to, go to your eBay account and edit your primary address to the USA address. Only edit on ebay.

you will discover paypal will also have the USA address as your confirmed shipping address.

I don't know how they confirm the address but that is what shows on my paypal and ebay account . My US address shows there as confirmed address.

Note I only effected the change on ebay not paypal but it shows on both account.

Thanks bro...........it will really help. but i should just change the primary address on Ebay, what of the first address? i think i should leave that and just edit the primary address on Ebay only.
hope this helps.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by ezeuba(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
My brother's ebay account was suspended sometime in July this year. Today, a colleague of mine called me to tell me the same story; that his account has been suspended. Now, I am 120% certain these two people did not engage in any kind of fraudulent activity to warrant suspensions, but while asking my colleague what he bought recently he told me he bought some watches. The exact same thing my brother bought last before his account was suspended. What I think is happening here is a case of unjust profiling. They assume if a Nigerian starts making steady purchases of things like watches, jewellery and handy stuff like that maybe he/she stole the card and wants to purchase small volume items for resale. That is my thinking, because the only correlation between these two account suspensions is that they bought watches; I don't know if it was from the same seller, but that is by the way. I mostly buy phones and tablets and other tech devices and accessories. I use the same internet connection as my brother at home and the same connection with my colleague at work, so how come my account is still intact?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by shrekandfiona: 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
ezeuba: My brother's ebay account was suspended sometime in July this year. Today, a colleague of mine called me to tell me the same story; that his account has been suspended. Now, I am 120% certain these two people did not engage in any kind of fraudulent activity to warrant suspensions, but while asking my colleague what he bought recently he told me he bought some watches. The exact same thing my brother bought last before his account was suspended. What I think is happening here is a case of unjust profiling. They assume if a Nigerian starts making steady purchases of things like watches, jewellery and handy stuff like that maybe he/she stole the card and wants to purchase small volume items for resale. That is my thinking, because the only correlation between these two account suspensions is that they bought watches; I don't know if it was from the same seller, but that is by the way. I mostly buy phones and tablets and other tech devices and accessories. I use the same internet connection as my brother at home and the same connection with my colleague at work, so how come my account is still intact?
I honestly don't know why ebay does that but I can't blame them though. It happened to me once and I was so sad cos I just paid for a laptop then and within 5 mins, my account was suspended.

I called ebay immediately was really shouting on the phone with their customer care who then transferredmy call to their accounts department. They asked me if I wanted to appeal for them to lift the suspension. I told them I wasn't appealing but demanded to know why my account was suspended.

They couldn't even come up with any reason, they just said it was a routine they use in curbing fraud from some countries. Can you be at that undecided

while on phone they immediately lifted the suspension and since then, it's been smooth sail. Even if I buy 10 laptops, it sails okay.

I believe it's the Naija factor that makes them do that. No offence
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Dandy1(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
So I actually shopped on eBay. My first two transactions went fine,until my third on Monday 22sept. The seller actually said on his listing he would be shipping to my destination through USPS. After paying him,he told me USPS said they couldn't ship to my destination for whatever reasons. I told him I've had them ship to my destination two weeks before then. So on Wed. 24Sept. We both agreed to cancel the deal. Almost immediately after that,my eBay account got suspended UNLIMITEDLY. I was shocked by the word unlimited . I called eBay,they told me that's the final decision,that the ban can never be lifted.Now my money(app. 620 dollars) is stuck.
However,on mailing PayPal,they sent me the sellers number and e-mail to tell him to issue refund from his PayPal account. The seller promised to do that soon enough. I'm yet to get a feedback from him. This is my own story. Does anyone here have any idea how I could still appeal to get my eBay account back?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by legalwealth(m): 12:19am On Sep 29, 2014
Dandy1: So I actually shopped on eBay. My first two transactions went fine,until my third on Monday 22sept. The seller actually said on his listing he would be shipping to my destination through USPS. After paying him,he told me USPS said they couldn't ship to my destination for whatever reasons. I told him I've had them ship to my destination two weeks before then. So on Wed. 24Sept. We both agreed to cancel the deal. Almost immediately after that,my eBay account got suspended UNLIMITEDLY. I was shocked by the word unlimited . I called eBay,they told me that's the final decision,that the ban can never be lifted.Now my money(app. 620 dollars) is stuck.
However,on mailing PayPal,they sent me the sellers number and e-mail to tell him to issue refund from his PayPal account. The seller promised to do that soon enough. I'm yet to get a feedback from him. This is my own story. Does anyone here have any idea how I could still appeal to get my eBay account back?

You must have seriously gone against Ebay T.O.S while chatting with the seller because they don't even allow you give your e-mail or raise any step of transacting outside ebay but don't worry as the issue will surely be resolved and you will get your money back! !!
Do you still have access to your Nigeria PayPal account?If yes,login to create a dispute on the payment if he doesn't respond on time.

You can call me on 0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6 should you need further assistance on how you can get your money back via PayPal as you are even covered with money back warranty.

Peace! !!
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by justi4jesu(f): 5:17am On Sep 29, 2014
Dandy1: So I actually shopped on eBay. My first two transactions went fine,until my third on Monday 22sept. The seller actually said on his listing he would be shipping to my destination through USPS. After paying him,he told me USPS said they couldn't ship to my destination for whatever reasons. I told him I've had them ship to my destination two weeks before then. So on Wed. 24Sept. We both agreed to cancel the deal. Almost immediately after that,my eBay account got suspended UNLIMITEDLY. I was shocked by the word unlimited . I called eBay,they told me that's the final decision,that the ban can never be lifted.Now my money(app. 620 dollars) is stuck.

You chatted with the seller outside ebay may be the reason. Never do that.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
justi4jesu:

whats the big deal in that? ebay cant suspend account because of that.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by 7070: 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Its simple,you want to buy stuff of any on-line shop abroad..can make payments for you from here in Europe and send directly to naija..seems you guys need help.
plus you can pay the naira equivalent into my naira account
Stop Dulling smiley
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Dandy1(m): 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
justi4jesu:

Nope. I did nothing of that sort. I can categorically tell you I did nothing wrong at all. They are just confused set of people.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Dandy1(m): 12:10am On Oct 01, 2014
So yesterday made it a week I paid for the said item that led to my eBay ban. Wednesday will make it a week that I've been banned. I contacted the seller through their email sent to me by PayPal on Friday. One of their customer care agents('cos the seller is actually an electronic retail firm which even have their separate online store/website) He said he'd initiate a refund the next day when he gets to work.
Later saturday evening I contacted him,and he said he saw he couldn't initiate the refund from eBay as I was banned. I confessed I was truly banned,stating I guess their cancellation of the deal must have triggered the ban because the email notification of both cancellation and ban entered my inbox simultaneously. On Sunday evening I forwarded to him a message a PayPal agent sent me explaining how the seller could issue a refund from their PayPal dashboard and how I could file for a claim if he doesn't.
To cut the long story short. He finally refunded the money on Monday. Now my PayPal status on the deal reflects "refunded",though it's yet to reflect in my bank account. This is my own ordeal. My decision is,eBay can keep their effing account,I don't care. I'd keep my PayPal account only for applications upgrade and premium features acquiring.
Bottom line: Always deal with a reputable seller whenever shopping online. I think that's what saved my as$. What pained me most is almost 4thousand naira credit I wasted calling eBay trying to restore my account.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Dandy1(m): 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
I just got an alert just a while ago. My money has finally been refunded. like the OP's case, Access bank decided to cut their pound of flesh. They deducted (stole) five thousand naira from my money. I wonder what that is for. I will be at the bank tomorrow to know. Anyways, I'm happy to have the money back. I'd be trying out my luck with Amazon. I'm done with eBay.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by shrekandfiona: 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
Dandy1: I just got an alert just a while ago. My money has finally been refunded. like the OP's case, Access bank decided to cut their pound of flesh. They deducted (stole) five thousand naira from my money. I wonder what that is for. I will be at the bank tomorrow to know. Anyways, I'm happy to have the money back. I'd be trying out my luck with Amazon. I'm done with eBay.
five thousand naira? shocked that's too much for a reversal o.

Anyway a little advise when shopping on amazon. It is better to buy a gift card before you do your purchases to avoid different charges by your bank. What i do is to buy like a $500 gift card and use it whenever I want to shop. Gift card never expires. For me it's cheaper and saves me from different exchange rates.

secondly amazon offers free shipping to US addresses for orders above $35 so it's better you ship to a us address to save cost and the shipper in turn ships to Nigeria for you. I will recommend lsm global shipping. The man in charge is chinosxl. Search for his thread and read up. He is super fast and cheap. I will recommend him anytime, any day.

thirdly, still try and appeal your suspension on ebay cos you'll get more product variety there and some of their items are cheaper than amazon.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by stripper: 10:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Dandy1: I just got an alert just a while ago. My money has finally been refunded. like the OP's case, Access bank decided to cut their pound of flesh. They deducted (stole) five thousand naira from my money. I wonder what that is for. I will be at the bank tomorrow to know. Anyways, I'm happy to have the money back. I'd be trying out my luck with Amazon. I'm done with eBay.

Almost had similar issues with yours and had to dump every every after those banks took my monry for nothing. Now shopping peacefully through justi4jesu. You can check her out. Tested and trusted. https://www.nairaland.com/1788753/d-pre-order-goods-us-dubai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by euwajeh(m): 10:21am On Oct 17, 2014
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by euwajeh(m): 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by shrekandfiona: 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
euwajeh:
shippyme is not as bad as people paint them . i have been using them for the past one year without know issue
oh My! Have you sold your conscience? Weren't you the same person complaining about your missing goods on their customer care thread?

Just checked and noticed you have deleted most of your posts on their ineffectiveness.

Anyway good luck to you. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by euwajeh(m): 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
The problem there have has been taken care off.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by konami001: 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
legalwealth:

Great analysis in there as I didn't even look at that and moreover,are you one of the ADMIN at shippyme.

Use Shippyme ONLY when you want to throw your hard earned money away.... you will never see your shipment after paying
high charges... they will disappear and cut off communcations with you for more than a month and all of a sudden will start
charging you demurrage... hahaha... a very good con if you ask me.... i am speaking from experience o...

To top all these up, they will even spit on you if you dare question the efficiency of their non-service(scam service)

This company should be kicked off nairaland....
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babafunny(m): 6:09am On Jan 15, 2016
Ebay Usa is one of the biggest trading commercial site where all users with all kind of item are traded on auction bid. Only registered can buy and sell.. for more details, follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/ebay-usa-ebay-login-signup-www-ebay-com-registration-and-selling-tip/
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Celsony: 8:16am On Sep 13, 2017
shrekandfiona:

I honestly don't know why ebay does that but I can't blame them though. It happened to me once and I was so sad cos I just paid for a laptop then and within 5 mins, my account was suspended.

I called ebay immediately was really shouting on the phone with their customer care who then transferredmy call to their accounts department. They asked me if I wanted to appeal for them to lift the suspension. I told them I wasn't appealing but demanded to know why my account was suspended.

They couldn't even come up with any reason, they just said it was a routine they use in curbing fraud from some countries. Can you be at that undecided

while on phone they immediately lifted the suspension and since then, it's been smooth sail. Even if I buy 10 laptops, it sails okay.

I believe it's the Naija factor that makes them do that. No offence

Gud day sir, i hv never purchase online before, but i saw a laptop on ebay & i want to buy it. Pls how do i go about it?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Celsony: 8:26am On Sep 13, 2017
7070:
Its simple,you want to buy stuff of any on-line shop abroad..can make payments for you from here in Europe and send directly to naija..seems you guys need help.
plus you can pay the naira equivalent into my naira account
Stop Dulling smiley

Are you for real is it pay on delivery?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by justi4jesu(f): 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
Celsony:

Gud day sir, i hv never purchase online before, but i saw a laptop on ebay & i want to buy it. Pls how do i go about it?

Contact me on my signature and i will assist you. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr / Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market / Dollar Is Back To Normal On Google, Sigh :-(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.