Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land (3274 Views)

Grave Mistake Jonathan Made In War Against Boko Haram -prof Ango Abdullahi / IMF To FG : Dont Waste Your Oil Money / To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Adelaide2: 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
This is a snippet of a fuller interview. See all here http://odili.net/news/source/2014/jul/13/518.html

Abdullahi: It was from the North that the budgets were operated, according to the colonial administrators. You see, it's all politics anyway, that you want resource control. If you want to take resource control, take it, if you like. For example, you want oil, we want our land.

Interviewer: Your land, how?

Abdullahi: Yes! The North has 75% of the land of this country and it's our resource. And if you want to keep your oil, we keep our land.

Interviewer: How would you keep land? The South also has land.

Abdullahi: Okay we keep our land, our cattle, our agriculture. We are happy with that. We are okay with that. That's why we are not afraid if this country balkanizes. But in the spirit of this history of our leaders who worked hard to really get this country together, up to the point we got independence and beyond, and looking at all the various parameters of togetherness, the advantages of togetherness, one would encourage Nigerians to stay together. But if for purely political reasons, or reasons that appear selfish to me, people still insist that Nigeria is not well structured enough, and they want every part as much as possible to be on their own, so be it. We will support it.

From this map of Nigeria in which the country is divided roughly into 4 (so 25% each), Abdullahi is fairly correct that the North has 75% of the land in Nigeria. However, what does he mean by arable? How arable is the land in the North when desertification and drought has taken over at least 25% of the 75% land? So, of the so called 75% Nigerian land in the North, how much is actually arable? What crops do they grow in the North? Can the North grow all the different crops eaten by ALL Nigerians considering different rainfall and soil properties? If the land is actually so important, why is Nigeria still food insecure and imports virtually everything it consumes (except garri, yam, plantain/banana, leafy vegetables, and palm oil, which coincidentally are produced mostly in the south)? You raise beef. So? Anybody can start raising beef now using modern technology, instead of your 16th century pastoralism which is not taking you anywhere.

8 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
Senility mixed with retrograde amnesia enveloped in ethno-cultural parochialism.

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Idrismusty97(m): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
I think the biggest rice mill in Africa was just commissioned on your head!
Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Adelaide2: 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
Idrismusty97: I think the biggest rice mill in Africa was just commissioned on your head!

The only crops supported by the agro-ecology of the North (dry savannah) are grains: rice, maize, sorghum, millet and some beans. Of those, only maize and rice and beans are eaten substantially in the south. And boy, rice and maize are also grown in the south. Ebonyi state remains one of the largest rice producers (growers and millers) in Nigeria. Meanwhile both North and south for now depend largely on imported rice.

I have heard of millet and sorghum, but like me, I am sure most southerners who have not lived in the North have not eaten those crops. So they are economically unimportant to us.

13 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Decibel: 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ranting of a Quota System Professor angry

7 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Adelaide2: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
Idrismusty97: I think the biggest rice mill in Africa was just commissioned on your head!

That is a private sector investment. Meanwhile, you do not need to be the biggest land owner to grow the most crop or have the biggest food processing facility to grow the most food. You guys need to grow out of your old ways and apply intensive (small land but more other inputs) rather than extensive (more land and less other inputs) agriculture which is not productive. See, the land of Israel is almost as small as one of the smallest states in Nigeria, and most of the land is dry and desertified. But they have developed their agriculture to the highest possible level with that small land mass. No be by size, na by might.

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Dreal1247: 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
This people can never cease to amaze someone. They said that the oil in the Niger Delta belongs to them.
Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by fitzmayowa: 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
matify:

Senility mixed with retrograde amnesia enveloped in ethno-cultural parochialism.

That is to say the man is the definition of dumbness...grin

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by atlwireles: 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
This people will never learn. What do need I your 75% land for? You people are not the only farmers in this country. angry

1 Like

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by samoks(m): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
I don't know why these people keep deceiving themselves. They claim 75% land mass. How can you call these states North; Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue,Kogi,Taraba,Niger,Kwara etc.

They used their long years in power to ensure they caused division among us in the south by making an Ibibio man see himself as different from an Igbo man. An Ijaw man to see himself different from an Ikwerre man, an Edo man see himself as different from a Yoruba man.

They made us believe that Anambra, which shares borders with Delta is an Eastern State, while Cross River State which shares borders with Cameroun is a South South state. I ask, what has happened to Geography?

Yet up north they believe an Igala man is same as a Kanuri, a gbagyi man see himself as same as a Fulani man, a Gwari man see himself as an Hausa man.

All these their scheming failed them in the 2011 elections and will always fail them because the people of the middle belt now knows better.

If you wish to keep your land, go ahead, we will also keep our human resources, oil, palm oil, rubber, education and sports.
I really do not know why they want to eat where they did not sow.

When it comes to oil, they claim one Nigeria, but when the South East ( out of which Imo and Abia are oil producing) clamour for an additional state for equity sake, they claim that 'unequals' shouldn't be treated equally.
They have been mentally bed ridden due to their long stay in power to believe they are born to rule. According to one of them, "The Yorubas have Education, Igbos businesses, and South south oil, so we, the north should always rule". What a people.

12 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by EmeeNaka: 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
samoks: I don't know why these people keep deceiving themselves. They claim 75% land mass. How can you call these states North; Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue,Kogi,Taraba,Niger,Kwara etc.

They used their long years in power to ensure they caused division among us in the south by making an Ibibio man see himself as different from an Igbo man. An Ijaw man to see himself different from an Ikwerre man, an Edo man see himself as different from a Yoruba man.

They made us believe that Anambra, which shares borders with Delta is an Eastern State, while Cross River State which shares borders with Cameroun is a South South state. I ask, what has happened to Geography?

Yet up north they believe an Igala man is same as a Kanuri, a gbagyi man see himself as same as a Fulani man, a Gwari man see himself as an Hausa man.

All these their scheming failed them in the 2011 elections and will always fail them because the people of the middle belt now knows better.

If you wish to keep your land, go ahead, we will also keep our human resources, oil, palm oil, rubber, education and sports.

When it comes to oil, they claim one Nigeria, but when the South East ( out of which Imo and Abia are oil producing) clamour for an additional state for equity sake, they claim that 'unequals' shouldn't be treated equally.
They have been mentally bed ridden due to their long stay in power to believe they are born to rule. According to one of them, "The Yorubas have Education, Igbos businesses, and South south oil, so we, the north should always rule". What a people.
I dont like to read something like this. It is not delightful.
Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by atlwireles: 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
samoks: I don't know why these people keep deceiving themselves. They claim 75% land mass. How can you call these states North; Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue,Kogi,Taraba,Niger,Kwara etc.

Nicely done, that's what I call last bullet. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by samoks(m): 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
EmeeNaka: I dont like to read something like this. It is not delightful.

Why if I may ask? The truth they say is bitter. Or is there anything wrong with what I said? Isn't it an obvious truth? Are trying to tell me you are oblivious of these little open secrets?

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
Lol grin grin
Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by nduchucks: 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
Why is the opinion of one man be twisted enough by you people to the point that it becomes a rallying point for the feeding of your bigotry?

One man gave his opinion and that suddenly becomes the opinion of 90million Northerners. See una lives?

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by atlwireles: 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
^^^^^ You people are 90 million only?

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Adelaide2: 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
nduchucks: Why is the opinion of one man be twisted enough by you people to the point that it becomes a rallying point for the feeding of your bigotry?

One man gave his opinion and that suddenly becomes the opinion of 90million Northerners. See una lives?

You mean 90 million cattles, donkeys and humans (Nigerians and Nigeriens [foreigners]) all combined in one? Continue parading your fake population

4 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
They should keep their empty and deserted land if they like, useless region dat contribute nothing positively to the development of the country

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Faun(m): 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
nduchucks: Why is the opinion of one man be twisted enough by you people to the point that it becomes a rallying point for the feeding of your bigotry?

Will you shut up there, mongoloid?
Who gave you 'tards 90 million?

5 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by samoks(m): 11:49pm On Jul 14, 2014

It is not the mind of just one man. He has spoken the mind of every Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri man.

I lived in Kaduna from my tender age and I left during the '92 crisis in Kaduna. I also served (NYSC) in Nasarawa state, so I know all the plans on ground by the core-north.

And how did you come about with 90 million population? Is it the same north that you travel hundreds of kilometers before you see settlements?

The simple truth is that the NORTH has been responsible for Nigeria's backwardness. How many years have you people ruled Nigeria and yet you want the power back by all means. Why? Why must the north rule? Does it mean the South East are out casts? Does it mean the Middle belt are lesser humans? Does it mean a man from South South is not eligible to rule? What is so special about you people? What do you have that makes you think you have a comparative advantage over all other parts of Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by nduchucks: 12:02am On Jul 15, 2014
samoks:

It is not the mind of just one man. He has spoken the mind of every Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri man.

I lived in Kaduna from my tender age and I left during the '92 crisis in Kaduna. I also served (NYSC) in Nasarawa state, so I know all the plans on ground by the core-north.

And how did you come about with 90 million population? Is it the same north that you travel hundreds of kilometers before you see settlements?

The simple truth is that the NORTH has been responsible for Nigeria's backwardness. How many years have you people ruled Nigeria and yet you want the power back by all means. Why? Why must the north rule? Does it mean the South East are out casts? Does it mean the Middle belt are lesser humans? Does it mean a man from South South is not eligible to rule? What is so special about you people? What do you have that makes you think you have a comparative advantage over all other part of Nigeria?

Very simplistic. You have my pity.

By the way, where in Kaduna did you live, i.e. if you know where Kaduna is actually located?
Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by nduchucks: 12:03am On Jul 15, 2014
Adelaide2:

You mean 90 million cattles, donkeys and humans (Nigerians and Nigeriens [foreigners]) all combined in one? Continue parading your fake population

Mind you, the 90 million figure is a very conservative one. dolo

1 Like

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by samoks(m): 12:14am On Jul 15, 2014
nduchucks:

By the way, where in Kaduna did you live, i.e. if you know where Kaduna is actually located?

For your information, Kaduna South. Tudun Pewa, Sabo, Panteka, Kachia. Those are the areas I spent my little beginning....

Maybe you didn't understand me....I was BORN in Kaduna, but left during the Kaduna crisis of 1992.

1 Like

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by nairalife2013(m): 1:58am On Jul 15, 2014
EmeeNaka: I dont like to read something like this. It is not delightful.
then why are u reading it? Northerners are ingrates. Which Northerner ever said words of appreciation to d south, even after all these years of robbing peter to pay Paul? Instead they kill them and those whom they conjecture behaves like them!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by nduchucks: 2:12am On Jul 15, 2014
nairalife2013: then why are u reading it? Northerners are ingrates. Which Northerner ever said words of appreciation to d south, even after all these years of robbing peter to pay Paul? Instead they kill them and those whom they conjecture behaves like them!!!

Have you expressed an appreciation for the benefits you people reaped from Groundnuts, hides and skins, and other cash crops of the 60s and 70s?

Pray tell what would you like to be thanked for? Something you were personally responsible for? Maybe you are also a modern day begger waiting for government handout like your fellow "millitants"
Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by ofala(m): 2:32am On Jul 15, 2014
God bless you jare!
matify:

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by samoks(m): 2:45am On Jul 15, 2014
nduchucks:

Have you expressed an appreciation for the benefits you people reaped from Groundnuts, hides and skins, and other cash crops of the 60s and 70s?

Pray tell what would you like to be thanked for? Something you were personally responsible for? Maybe you are also a modern day begger waiting for government handout like your fellow "millitants"

How about the cocoa and rubbers in the West and the oil palms from the East, who reaped the benefits in those same olden days?

And how many years did your ground nut feed the nation without the Cocoa/Rubber/Oil Palm? Compare it to the long years of your dependence on Petroleum. Can you quantify the amount each region has contributed? How much did you contribute and how much has the South contributed through its Petroleum?

Who is really cheating who? Why is the NORTH afraid of RESOURCE CONTROL?

4 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by Vikky014(f): 2:46am On Jul 15, 2014
nduchucks:

wht r u doing wt an igbo name?UR Allah wil soon bomb u wt his foot soldiers

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by samoks(m): 2:55am On Jul 15, 2014
Vikky014: wht r u doing wt an igbo name?UR Allah wil soon bomb u wt his foot soldiers

He probably is one of those sent to infiltrate the South and gather information for his pay master at their caliphate.
Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by arewafederation: 5:46am On Jul 15, 2014
The north made a great mistake by feeding and using our resources to sustain and develop the once great Nigeria destroyed by the mutinous, treacherous and animalistic elements from certain part of this country.
When the north threatened to break up, your leaders where rolling on the floor begging for mercy, using their oyimbo friends to persuade the north to come back to ONE Nigeria, the northern leaders then due to the unbearable ity it had for the south rescinded its decision. About 50 year later now, you ungrateful elements are oPening your wide mouths because of oil.

Fellow NLders, join me in the struggle to split this cesspit called Nigeria into two distinctive countries.

1 Like

Re: Ango Abullahi To The South: Keep Your Oil, We'll Keep Our Land by 99100(m): 6:27am On Jul 15, 2014
What land is he talking about?

Is it that barren land that cannot feed even 25% of the northern populace ? msheww...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyim, Otti, Call For Cancellation Of Polls In Abia State / Nigeria Armoured Vehicles Man. Plant..photos, Courtesy Of BEEGEAGLES BLOG / FG To Increase VAT From 5% To 10%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.