Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings (2424 Views)

Nigeria Lost Over N6.4 Trillion To Corruption-ridden NNPC Oil Sales – NRGI Repor / Northern Delegates Fault Igbo's N2.4tn Reparation Demand / Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Adelaide2: 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
Evergreeen123: The yorubas had already made their demands. We dont need any compensation. Just give us True federalism, Regionalsim and 100% resource control

What resource will you control? Cocoa and amala and ewedu? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Princess2be(f): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
Adelaide2:

lol

1 Like

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
500GP: OLE NI IBO
ODÈ NLA NLA

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Evergreeen123: 9:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
Adelaide2:

You'v got joke son. Okay let me indulge you a bit.

Yorubaland is very rich in both human and natural resources. Ondo state is the fifth largest oil producing state in Nigeria; okay lets leave crude oil out of the equation for a while

The sea is also a natural resource, right? Lagos, Ondo, Ogun all have acces to the Atlantic ocean. (Yorubaland isnt like a certain landlocked region across the niger). How about having total control of the seaport in Lagos? You know the millions that goes into the FG's pocket from the import duties collected at the Lagos port every month; how about having all that into the regional account of the Yoruba western region.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by atlwireles: 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Evergreeen123: You'v got joke son. Okay let me indulge you a bit.

Yorubaland is very rich in both human and natural resources. Ondo state is the fifth largest oil producing state in Nigeria; okay lets leave crude oil out of the equation for a while

The sea is also a natural resource, right? Lagos, Ondo, Ogun all have acces to the Atlantic ocean. (Yorubaland isnt like a certain landlocked region across the niger). How about having total control of the seaport in Lagos? You know the millions that goes into that goes into FG's pocket from the import duties collected at the Lagos port every month; how about having all that into the regional account of the Yoruba western region.

With regional or 100% resource control, who do you expect to pay import duties to Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
Donmarrius: And thunder will fire whosoever that will opens his/her mouth,to question the rationale behind this demand,or even spew trash as regards this,without first questioning the impectus/audacity,with which the Northeast,in conspiracy with its other northern appendages,is rooting to coner 5% of fund acrueing to the federation account,in the pretext of 'National intervantion fund',for boko haram ravages,in their abode,despite being the architect of their own misfortune.

Let me say this,Igbos never declared war on Nigeria,Nigeria under the leadership of a kakistomoboplutocrat called Gowon declared war against Igbos.
Ojukwu didnt fire any shot,until Gowom did.hence,Igbos merely fought to defend themselves from Gowons onslaught,which was hijacked by ethnic chauvinists from the southwest and north,to commit organised pogrom/genocide,against Igbos.
Therefore,Nigeria must also reconciliate,reconstruct,and rehabilitate,Igboland.
Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ahahahhahahahah grin grin grin

Never wise to take these people serious.
Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Princess2be(f): 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
Donmarrius: And thunder will fire whosoever that will opens his/her mouth,to question the rationale behind this demand,or even spew trash as regards this,without first questioning the impectus/audacity,with which the Northeast,in conspiracy with its other northern appendages,is rooting to coner 5% of fund acrueing to the federation account,in the pretext of 'National intervantion fund',for boko haram ravages,in their abode,despite being the architect of their own misfortune.

Let me say this,Igbos never declared war on Nigeria,Nigeria under the leadership of a kakistomoboplutocrat called Gowon declared war against Igbos.
Ojukwu didnt fire any shot,until Gowom did.hence,Igbos merely fought to defend themselves from Gowons onslaught,which was hijacked by ethnic chauvinists from the southwest and north,to commit organised pogrom/genocide,against Igbos.
Therefore,Nigeria must also reconciliate,reconstruct,and rehabilitate,Igboland.
Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by sarmiie(m): 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=Rexxie][/quote]

the troll is strong!!!
Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by gratiaeo(m): 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2014

The sea is also a natural resource, right? Lagos, Ondo, Ogun all have acces to the Atlantic ocean. (Yorubaland isnt like a certain landlocked region across the niger). How about having total control of the seaport in Lagos? You know the millions that goes into the FG's pocket from the import duties collected at the Lagos port every month; how about having all that into the regional account of the Yoruba western region.
You are dreaming, aren't you? When you wakeup pls let me know

1 Like

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by gratiaeo(m): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
atlwireles:

With regional or 100% resource control, who do you expect to pay import duties to Lagos?
Nice question! The useless impostor thought Nigerians are f00l.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Evergreeen123: 11:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
atlwireles:

Resource control wouldnt stop oil exploration in the Niger delta. Resource control wouldnt stop importation and exportation in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Evergreeen123: 11:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
gratiaeo:
Nice question! The useless impostor thought Nigerians are f00l.
You are the obvious fool here.
So you want the Niger Deltans to have control over their resource- crude oil but you dont want the Yoruba natives in Lagos to have control over their Sea; are you the one that gave them the Atlantic Ocean?

Greedy ibo thief, Gulley erosion and landslide are natural resources in y1boland, you can have control over that

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by opiaoku: 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
madam bang party (oringo)
Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by atlwireles: 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
Evergreeen123: Resource control wouldnt stop oil exploration in the Niger delta. Resource control wouldnt stop importation and exportation in Lagos

No it will not stop, do you know how many ports we have in Nigeria, that are not used because of political reasons? We have three in delta, Warri, Sapele and Brutu. Don't expect the same traffic currently heading to lagos to remain. Portharcourt has port, Calabar has one, Akwa ibom is building one, even bayelsa is planning a new port too. That's why I asked you, who is going to pay all this import duties.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Evergreeen123: 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
atlwireles:

No it will not stop, do you know how many ports we have in Nigeria, that are not used because of political reasons? We have three in delta, Warri, Sapele and Brutu. Don't expect the same traffic currently heading to lagos to remain. Portharcourt has port, Calabar has one, Akwa ibom is building one, even bayelsa is planning a new port too. That's why I asked you, who is going to pay all this import duties.
I know the southsouth also has sea oultets and it isnt landlocked like y1boland. I know the port in Lagos would be decongested when the ones in the southsouth comes into full use in the event of the actualisation of regionalism and resource control.

However, you still cannot take the shine out of Lagos and the seaport situated therein, its an economic leverage for the Yorubas when we get regionalism and thats the simple truth. Ogun state has the highest number of industries in Nigeria, from where do you think these companies would import there manufacturing materials and from where would they export their products? Certainly not sapele or bayelsa ports but definately through the Lagos seaport

As i have written earlier, Yorubaland is rich in both human and natural resources, i just used the sea as a point of discuss. All the regions in Nigeria are rich in mineral resources. Regionalsim and resource control would do us all a lot of good.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by atlwireles: 12:13am On Jul 15, 2014
Evergreeen123: I know the southsouth also has sea oultets and it isnt landlocked like y1boland. I know the port in Lagos would be decongested when the ones in the southsouth comes into full use in the event of the actualisation of regionalism and resource control.

However, you still cannot take the shine out of Lagos and the seaport situated therein, its an economic leverage for the Yorubas when we get regionalism and thats the simple truth. Ogun state has the highest number of industries in Nigeria, from where do you think these companies would import there manufacturing materials and from where would they export their products? Certainly not sapele or bayelsa ports but definately through the Lagos seaport

As i have written earlier, Yorubaland is rich in both human and natural resources, i just used the sea as a point of discuss. All the regions in Nigeria are rich in mineral resources. Regionalsim and resource control would do us all a lot of good.

Nobody takes the shine off lagos. All I'm saying, is for you to expect a 70% drop in revenue when importers are not compelled by regulations to enter through lagos again.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Evergreeen123: 12:24am On Jul 15, 2014
atlwireles:

Nobody takes the shine off lagos. All I'm saying, is for you to expect a 70% drop in revenue when importers are not compelled by regulations to enter through lagos again.
Definately the sea port would be decongested but the revenues generated therefrom would still be sufficient for the western region alone and not the larger Nigeria entity.

Btw, how did you come about the 70% drop in revenue? Any statistical forcast to support your claim?

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by JECBOSS: 6:04am On Jul 15, 2014
Adelaide2:

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Donmarrius: 6:35am On Jul 15, 2014
Evergreeen123: I know the southsouth also has sea oultets and it isnt landlocked like y1boland. I know the port in Lagos would be decongested when the ones in the southsouth comes into full use in the event of the actualisation of regionalism and resource control.

Igboland is landlocked?.
You are 'dwelling' in fools paradise.
Last i check,plans are on top gear,to begin construction of seaport,and airport,by Abia state government.
If don't know,Abia port at Obauka,is 25 nautical miles away from atlantic ocean,while that of Rivers state,is between 35-40 nautical miles away from Altantic ocean.
That goes to prove to you,that Abia's port is closer to the ocean.

Again,Akwa ibom port,is just about 30minutes drive,from Abia state.hence,Igbos ain't shaking!.
If we are shaking,we wouldn't be canvassing for Biafra independence.

BTW,who told you that,Landlocked countries ain't flourishing?.

If i may even ask,in the eyes of growing exploit in Science & technology,is their anything as 'Landlockism'?.

Ignorance is a disease!

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Donmarrius: 6:54am On Jul 15, 2014
Evergreeen123: Definately the sea port would be decongested but the revenues generated therefrom would still be sufficient for the western region alone and not the larger Nigeria entity.

Btw, how did you come about the 70% drop in revenue? Any statistical forcast to support your claim?

Oh yes!.
More than 70% of Lagos revenue will be redirected towards S.E,and S.S.
Ask FAAN,whats happening to Lagos airport,since Enugu airport came on board.

If you must know,the politicised nature of port activities over the years,is one of the many major factors,that pushed Igbos to Lagos.
When Abia port and Akwa ibom port starts operation,its gonna be a great game changer!.

Again,the presence of some Embassies,and other government agaencies,in Lagos,due to her former capital status,
is another major factor that makes Lagos what it is today.
In the event of regionalism,southwest will loss greatly,as many factors making lagos cosmopolitant,will be "undone",and your Lagos will be on its way to Osun,Ekiti and Ibadan status.

So now,the question is,who is gonna loose,im the event of regionalism?.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2014
They should demand for the oil blocks in the niger delta too.

Nonsense
Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Evergreeen123: 7:12am On Jul 15, 2014
Donmarrius:

who is gonna loose,im the event of regionalism?.
THE IBOS
Regionalsim hasnt been achieved yet your greedy ibo leaders are alredy asking for 2.4 Trillion naira from the presidency

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Evergreeen123: 7:15am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: They should demand for the oil blocks in the niger delta too.

Nonsense
You dey mind those flatheaded thieves, demanding for 2.4 Trillion naira, why cant they ask for all the annual national budget

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 15, 2014
Evergreeen123: You dey mind those flatheaded thieves, demanding for 2.4 Trillion naira, why cant they ask for all the annual national budget
I don't think they have the mandate of the entire igbo population. But IF they do, then it is very unfortunate and shameful.
Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Evergreeen123: 7:36am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: I don't think they have the mandate of the entire igbo population. But IF they do, then it is very unfortunate and shameful.
Dont underestimate the greed of the ibo nation

1 Like

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 15, 2014
The blood of the igbo soilders and civilian who were fleeing from the north turned river benue to red sea, they were captured and killed then thrown into the river. Many atrocities were commited by the northerners against my people,then the civil war came 1967 my own umunna lost 30 people in all after the war,if you feel that the igbos deserve not to be ameliorated for the injustice they suffered I wish ya 30 death in your family before the year runs out...somebody say Amen.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Malawian(m): 7:48am On Jul 15, 2014
i was wondering if mosquito been bite my Ngozi until i been see the extre E.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by cheruv: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: I don't think they have the mandate of the entire igbo population. But IF they do, then it is very unfortunate and shameful.
of course they do..
Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 15, 2014
cheruv:
of course they do..
and they expect the money to come from "oil revenue"? cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by Mckennedy: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2014

The sea is also a natural resource, right? Lagos, Ondo, Ogun all have acces to the Atlantic ocean. (Yorubaland isnt like a certain landlocked region across the niger). How about having total control of the seaport in Lagos? You know the millions that goes into the FG's pocket from the import duties collected at the Lagos port every month; how about having all that into the regional

account of the Yoruba western region.

When we get to the river we will cross over . Remember there's ports in Calabar , Warri PH, even Abia etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Write Jonathan, Demand N2.4 Trillion Reparation For Civil War Killings by cheruv: 8:09am On Jul 15, 2014
smiley to say am not happy is an understatement
ohaneze is very right in this demand and they've the mandate of the people of Anioma, anambra,abia,IMO,enugwu and ebonyi to do so.rivers isnt included kos the igbos there changed to minorities after our defeat in 1970.
my grouse with this proposal is that they'd ve told the FG to offer these 6 states wide reaching autonomy if they can't foot the bill!! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Religion / Boko Haram Commanders Lodge In Former Presidential Advisers' House In Gulak / Death Toll In Edo Cult Clash Rises To 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.