Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Ekiti Guber Poll: Only Court Can Disqualify Me – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Guber Poll: Only Court Can Disqualify Me – Fayose (750 Views)

APC Is The Real Threat To National Security Not Me – fayose / Oyegun, O’tega Forged Death Certificate To Disqualify Me: Reps Candidate / Ekiti Guber Poll: APC First Application Thrown Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Guber Poll: Only Court Can Disqualify Me – Fayose by emmaliveth10(m): 2:15am On Jul 15, 2014
ADO EKITI—Ekiti State governor-elect, Mr Ayo Fayose yesterday said only court could declare him unfit to stand for election and not an individual, groups or political parties, saying he was not rattled with the case instituted against him by All Progressives Congress, APC.
In apparent response to the petition filed against his victory by the APC, Fayose said it was abnormal for an individual or group to adjudge him guilty of an offence preferred against him without court pronouncement.
Fayose, who spoke in Ado Ekiti through his media aide, Mr Idowu Adelusi, said he was not bothered by the decision of APC to challenge his election at the tribunal.
The governor-elect said he was taken aback to learn that the APC had decided to contest the outcome of election which was adjudged to be freest and fairest by all Nigerians, boasting that he would defeat Fayemi 50 times, if there was a repeat election.
He said he was happy that the state APC Chairman, Chief Jide Awe told Journalists while submitting the party’s petition to the tribunal on Saturday that his party was embarrassed over the outcome of the poll.
According to him, “the party would be more embarrassed if there is a re-run.”
On allegation that he was facing criminal charges, impeachment as well as EFCC cases at the time of the election, Fayose said the APC Chairman and his cohorts should be the ones who should be bothered with recent murder cases allegedly hanging on their necks.
“They were recently released on bail over two or more murder cases perpetrated before the election period. Why are they not facing reality but choose to focus attention on Fayose’s matter?” he asked.
Also, the Prince Adedayo Adeyeye Movement, PAAM, described the petition by APC, challenging the June 21, 2014 Ekiti State governorship election as a waste of time and further demonstration of the party’s selfishness, arrogance and hatred for democratic process.
In a statement yesterday by its Director General, Bisi Kolawole, the group claimed APC was only advertising its ignorance by challenging the results of an election in which its candidate could not win his own local council.
It described as laughable, claim of “manipulation, undue militarisation, impeachment as well as EFCC’s cases hanging on the governor-elect, Dr Ayodele Fayose,” adding that; “Only a party comprising of people interested in dancing naked in the market place would make provision of adequate security for an election a tribunal issue. While we recognise the inalienable rights of all Nigerians to approach the courts for redress on any issue, we must say that going to court to challenge an election in which Dr Kayode Fayemi, a sitting governor lost even in his local government is a waste of time.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/ekiti-guber-poll-court-can-disqualify-fayose/
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll: Only Court Can Disqualify Me – Fayose by eleojo23: 4:53am On Jul 15, 2014
Alright.
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll: Only Court Can Disqualify Me – Fayose by Mogidi: 5:34am On Jul 15, 2014
Only God can disqualify you Fayose, you won the election fairly before God and man.

You did what no governorship aspirant has ever done, beating an incumbent in all the local govts of the state.

Carry Go!!! Nothing do you.
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll: Only Court Can Disqualify Me – Fayose by ChideraFavour(m): 5:40am On Jul 15, 2014
I hv hear lets watch n see.

(1) (Reply)

'keep Cash At Home We Are Coming To Visit You -' Robbers Tell Ogun Community / #osun Decides, Breaking News: Misore Petitions INEC / Kano APC Splits! - New Faction Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.