Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ (18292 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Undergoing Proffesional Training With New Weapons / Kano Bombings: Give Weapons To Igbos For Self-defence - Ezeife / Story Behind Nigerian Girl Getting New Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Ephemmm: 7:59am On Jul 15, 2014
Nigeria! A country where every little under-achievement and every sensitive matter are being over-hyped.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by lilprinze: 8:01am On Jul 15, 2014
weapons dat bh will end up stealing frm dem
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by koboko69: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
Fool the played ''peace keeping'' roles not combat roles in those operations, and they were dealing with ''rebels'' not ''insurgents'' or terrorists, they also collaborated with international forces.
A lot of differences, now go and do your homework!

I dont have time for slow beings.. You lack knowledge and understanding. You need lots of education. What was ECOMOG about? Peace keeping? Whats the difference b/w rebels and insurgents? You just an empty head that thinks he knows something. Are the weapons used by those u trying to differentiate different. Dont they both fight the same guerilla war fare. Dont you know the role Nigeria played in Liberia and Sierra-Leone. Can u compare that to ordinary BH menace. No time for slow spokes abeg.

4 Likes

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by mosho2good: 8:13am On Jul 15, 2014
Naija my country I tire with our confuse president and confused military who doesn't even know what they are doing
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by C0llynzO2: 8:14am On Jul 15, 2014
koboko69:

I dont have time for slow beings.. You lack knowledge and understanding. You need lots of education. What was ECOMOG about? Peace keeping? Whats the difference b/w rebels and insurgents? You just an empty head that thinks he knows something. Are the weapons used by those u trying to differentiate different. Dont they both fight the same guerilla war fare. No time for slow spokes abeg.
Yes Ecomog was about peace keeping, what else was it about?
Rebels fight conventional civil wars, they don't do hit and run like terrorists.
So comparing Nigeria's peace keeping mission in collaboration with other countries to fighting a terrorist group at home is very foolish of you.
Why not give us examples of how your military was able to defeat the Niger delta militants right here in Nigeria?
The truth is that the Nigerian military has never been as good as you delusional twäts think.

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by SporaD8: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2014
Unless one can take this information to the Bank, how does this concern the public?
Recdbtly the NA has become annoyingly too garrulous. Is this to make the weapon fall into the insurgent's hand or make or make the insurgent more proactive in countering the Military efforts? Nonsense!
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by SporaD8: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2014
Unless one can take this information to the Bank, how does this concern the public?
Recently the NA has become annoyingly too garrulous. Is this to make the weapon fall into the insurgent's hand or make or make the insurgent more proactive in countering the Military efforts? Nonsense!
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Evergreeen123: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2014
koboko69:
ordinary BH menace.
The same ordinary BH has turned Abuja, the federal capital territory into a playground.

The ordinary BH bombed the UN building abuja

The ordinary BH bombed the police force HQ abuja

The ordinary BH engaged the DSS in a gun duel that lasted for almost 3hours at their HQ in abuja

The ordinary BH bombed the military command and staff college Jaji

The ordinary BH attacked the Giwa barracks maiduguri and sent your soldiers running

The ordinary BH are holding 200+ of your gilrs in captive for 92 days

2 Likes

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by koboko69: 8:31am On Jul 15, 2014
Evergreeen123: The same ordinary BH has turned Abuja, the federal capital territory into a playground.

The ordinary BH bombed the UN building abuja

The ordinary BH bombed the police force HQ abuja

The ordinary BH engaged the DSS in a gun duel that lasted for almost 3hours at their HQ in abuja

The ordinary BH bombed the military command and staff college Jaji

The ordinary BH attacked the Giwa barracks maiduguri and sent your soldiers running

The ordinary BH are holding 200+ of your gilrs in captive for 92 days

It is still ordinary compared to what the gallant soldiers faced in liberia alone. Do you know how many nigerian soldiers died in that war. They had to start trainning soldiers for just 3 or 2 months and move them to Liberia. Manytimes the war planes are blown out of the skies even before landing. We are talking of thousands. If the top military officers and the FG trully want to tackle the BH menace, they will do it.

2 Likes

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by koboko69: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
Yes Ecomog was about peace keeping, what else was it about?
Rebels fight conventional civil wars, they don't do hit and run like terrorists.
So comparing Nigeria's peace keeping mission in collaboration with other countries to fighting a terrorist group at home is very foolish of you.
Why not give us examples of how your military was able to defeat the Niger delta militants right here in Nigeria?
The truth is that the Nigerian military has never been as good as you delusional twäts think.

Now i know you truly an empty head. Rebels dont hit and run cheesy cheesy. You know nothing about the military. U only know the surface. When the FG and Top officers are ready to deal with the BH menace, they will do.
Do some reading bro

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Community_of_West_African_States_Monitoring_Group

3 Likes

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by niceeric(m): 8:37am On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
They played ''peace keeping'' roles not combat roles in those operations, and they were dealing with ''rebels'' not ''insurgents'' or terrorists, they also collaborated with international forces.
A lot of differences, now go and do your homework!
hmmm....tell me something....so rebels are not insurgents?....they don't terrorise people ? ? ? especially civilians?....I see.....anyways,kindly get a copy of 'cry freetown'-a documentary made about d peace keeping activities of ECOMOG soldiers(made up of 80% Nigerian Soldiers) in Sierra Leone .Maybe you'll then know d kinda power Africa's most powerful army has.

PS: To think you actually thought peace keeping means keeping an area that has relative peace in its same state of peace is hilarious looooooool

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by DeevaB: 8:41am On Jul 15, 2014
Same old bullshit... the Same equipments that will still be donated to BH and the ogas at the top will siphon about 75% of the budget.... crap!
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by ayobammy123(m): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2014
Nah so we dey here since 2009, but I believ dere is God
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by niceeric(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2014
koboko69:

Now i know you truly an empty head. Rebels dont hit and run cheesy cheesy. You know nothing about the military. U only know the surface. When the FG and Top officers are ready to deal with the BH menace, they will do.
my brother,dat dude is a bloody bloody bloody civilian,he puts d word civil in civilian lol....

an average Nigerian should be able to have a little military knowledge at least thereby making him a 'military civilian' lol

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by koboko69: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2014
niceeric:
hmmm....tell me something....so terrorists are not insurgents?....they don't terrorise people ? ? ? especially civilians?....I see.....anyways,kindly get a copy of 'cry freetown'-a documentary made about d peace keeping activities of ECOMOG soldiers(made up of 80% Nigerian Soldiers) in Sierra Leone .Maybe you'll then know d kinda power Africa's most powerful army has.

PS: To think you actually thought peace keeping means keeping an area that has relative peace in its same state of peace is hilarious looooooool

As in i tire for this clowns oooo. Damn!!!! Imagine claiming rebels are different from insurgents. He even said no combact role just peace keeping. Even the 'peace keeping' he thinks soldiers just siddon dey look for there. Sometimes engaging this clowns is a total waste of time. When the top military men and fg is ready, they will deal with the bh menace.

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by C0llynzO2: 8:47am On Jul 15, 2014
niceeric:
hmmm....tell me something....so terrorists are not insurgents?....they don't terrorise people ? ? ? especially civilians?....I see.....anyways,kindly get a copy of 'cry freetown'-a documentary made about d peace keeping activities of ECOMOG soldiers(made up of 80% Nigerian Soldiers) in Sierra Leone .Maybe you'll then know d kinda power Africa's most powerful army has.

I said Rebels don't do hit and run like terrorists, you know who they are and where they are and they are ready to fight you to the end.
Peace keeping mission can never be compared to fighting terrorists, in a peace keeping mission, you are at the center trying to prevent fighting and killings by 2 opposing forces, you are most times seen as neutral by both opposing forces and they don't attack you except in rare cases.
Get that into your skull and stop laughing like a lunatic.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by niceeric(m): 8:54am On Jul 15, 2014
koboko69:

As in i tire for this clowns oooo. Damn!!!! Imagine claiming rebels are different from insurgents. He even said no combact role just peace keeping. Even the 'peace keeping' he thinks soldiers just siddon dey look for there. Sometimes engaging this clowns is a total waste of time. When the top military men and fg is ready, they will deal with the bh menace.
I swear most people know nothing and claim to be in d know.....Now I think I av to buttress OBJ's point that History should be compulsorily taught at all levels of education in Nigeria

And u are very right,na we dey do ourselves,when government is ready to end BH,it won't take our military more that a month to wipe those guys off d whole of West Africa.....It brings to mind that Uk and Us intelligence officers that came at d wake if the kidnapping at Chibok all left without saying nothing.....I believe they found out that d government is infact Boko Haram and there's nothing to actually find out.

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Sibrah: 8:58am On Jul 15, 2014
If the weapons will be handled a special unit then fine, otherwise it will be stolen by BH again and we will end up jacking up the defense budget until it overtakes NDDC, 13% and Amnesty figures. Secret Info gathering by intelligence unit is important in all of these.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by lorRhyMeZ: 8:58am On Jul 15, 2014
I bet if u ask dat man now to name some of these "equipments" he talked about them getting,he will start blabbing dust...or he will say he needs authorisation from oga at d top...
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by niceeric(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
I said Rebels don't do hit and run like terrorists, you know who they are and where they are and they are ready to fight you to the end.
Peace keeping mission can never be compared to fighting terrorists, in a peace keeping mission, you are at the center trying to prevent fighting and killings by 2 opposing forces, you are most times seen as neutral by both opposing forces and they don't attack you except in rare cases.
Get that into your skull and stop laughing like a lunatic.

Mr man,you are either a liar or just a stark illiterate when it comes to worst that have to do with d military.....rebels are anti government militias who wreck havoc and go into hiding when external help comes to aid the government they have made powerless....kindly watch 'cry freetown' or any other live reporter's documentary on ECOMOG activities and educate yourself.......rebels in Sierra leone actually had snipers(hope u know wat dat means),they had their bases in different cities in Sierra leone and they raped and kidnapped women and children,they infiltrated villages in search of food too and went back into hiding after having their fill.....Tell me now how they are different from Boko Haram insurgents......

If I were u anyway, i'll start seeking for knowledge about ECOMOG ryt now.....education helps
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by koboko69: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2014
niceeric:
I swear most people know nothing and claim to be in d know.....Now I think I av to buttress OBJ's point that History should be compulsorily taught at all levels of education in Nigeria

And u are very right,na we dey do ourselves,when government is ready to end BH,it won't take our military more that a month to wipe those guys off d whole of West Africa.....It brings to mind that Uk and Us intelligence officers that came at d wake if the kidnapping at Chibok all left without saying nothing.....I believe they found out that d government is infact Boko Haram and there's nothing to actually find out.

They already said it indirectly already. Indicting the FG directly will have grave consequences. How can u explain a 3 star general running to the press to claim they know where the chibok girls are in the middle of an ongoing investigation to rescue the girls. cheesy. There were also many deliberate leaks and claims about the chibok girls sightings by the military just to truncate bthe foreign intervention. many Nigerians are just beclouded by sentiments to see the obvious truth.

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by JesChill(m): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2014
I think information like this should be classified.....do they also get to tell BH when they are going to attack with these weapons......Dunces in Govt
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by niceeric(m): 9:12am On Jul 15, 2014
koboko69:

They already said it indirectly already. Indicting the FG directly will have grave consequences. How can u explain a 3 star general running to the press to claim they know where the chibok girls are in the middle of an ongoing investigation to rescue the girls. cheesy. There were also many deliberate leaks and claims about the cgibok girls sightings by the military. many Nigerians are just beclouded by sentiments to see the obvious truth.
I thought I was d only one who actually sees these things.....almost every time the government tries to keep things on d low about Boko Haram, about d chibok girls.....its so obvious they are hiding something......If they had d chance,they would av just made us believe no kidnappings took place.....they tried to do that earlier anyway
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by dBard: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2014
niceeric:

Mr man,you are either a liar or just a stark illiterate when it comes to worst that have to do with d military.....rebels are anti government militias who wreck havoc and go into hiding when external help comes to aid the government they have made powerless....kindly watch 'cry freetown' or any other live reporter's documentary on ECOMOG activities and educate yourself.......rebels in Sierra leone actually had snipers(hope u know wat dat means),they had their bases in different cities in Sierra leone and they raped and kidnapped women and children,they infiltrated villages in search of food too and went back into hiding after having their fill.....Tell me now how they are different from Boko Haram insurgents......

If I were u anyway, i'll start seeking for knowledge about ECOMOG ryt now.....education helps

U seem t b d ignorant one here.
there's a world of difference between 'rebels', which are basically an informal, irregular STANDING army , sort of like militias and Guerrilla organizations such as Boko Haram which are basically armed bands, mobile, with a very loose command structure.
The former engages in battles..d latter , mostly skirmishes. One has a face , d oda is faceless.
Quoting movie sources as d basis of ur position is laughable.
Its called 'Intelligent Discourse ' f a reason.
#justsaying

2 Likes

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by holycup(m): 9:23am On Jul 15, 2014
Nigerian Army is becoming a big joke,throwing every of their actions on air wthout considering the effects.they should jst do the needful and quench this B'haram madness.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by mvem(m): 9:29am On Jul 15, 2014
niceeric:

......guy u re the illeterate...The fighting with rebels are still conventional warfare not assymettrical as the terrorist....A strong country can use shear strength to defeat a rebel group..i know d brutality dat was committed by rebels in liberia,dat was actually to scare the people...But this rebels have known leaders,dey re willing to negotiate,they do trade diamonds for weapons...They had a known structure.But when u re dealing with terrorist dat want to introduce a caliphate with pure sharia,how do u see dat....The rebels were brutal but still wanted to talk,dey wanted something.....okay, what do bokoharam wants or alquaeda.....dis terrorist are people dat survives with instability....The warfare u use for terrorist(insurgents) are different from a rebel group...US has been in Afghanistan since 2001(13 years) but still cant contain taliban.Because the taliban fights in a different manner,any army not accustomed to gueirrlla warfare or assymetrical cant fight dat even though u have d planes,numbers and weapons.....same as bokoharam,what d US army is doing to contain insurgency and terrorism is d use of special forces,intelligence(CIA) and dere drones not conventional army as we re using....i know we tried in liberia but guy dis is a totally different warfare.As d guy said above rebels have a face and have a sought of a standing army,terrorist(insurgents) are faceless,with complex networks and no known numbers of der fighters.

2 Likes

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by leofab(f): 9:29am On Jul 15, 2014
koboko69:

I dont have time for slow beings.. You lack knowledge and understanding. You need lots of education. What was ECOMOG about? Peace keeping? Whats the difference b/w rebels and insurgents? You just an empty head that thinks he knows something. Are the weapons used by those u trying to differentiate different. Dont they both fight the same guerilla war fare. Dont you know the role Nigeria played in Liberia and Sierra-Leone. Can u compare that to ordinary BH menace. No time for slow spokes abeg.
lol big difference between insurgents and rebels, the biafra soldiers in the nigerian civil war are Rebels; rebels fight to occupy an AOR while insurgents hit and run. Rebels don't target the civilian populace but they target the military

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by leofab(f): 9:31am On Jul 15, 2014
niceeric:
hmmm....tell me something....so rebels are not insurgents?....they don't terrorise people ? ? ? especially civilians?....I see.....anyways,kindly get a copy of 'cry freetown'-a documentary made about d peace keeping activities of ECOMOG soldiers(made up of 80% Nigerian Soldiers) in Sierra Leone .Maybe you'll then know d kinda power Africa's most powerful army has.

don't mind him.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by splashbaby(m): 9:37am On Jul 15, 2014
Too late!
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by niceeric(m): 9:43am On Jul 15, 2014
[b]
dBard:

U seem t b d ignorant one here.
there's a world of difference between 'rebels', which are basically an informal, irregular STANDING army , sort of like militias and Guerrilla organizations such as Boko Haram which are basically armed bands, mobile, with a very loose command structure.
The former engages in battles..d latter , mostly skirmishes. One has a face , d oda is faceless.
Quoting movie sources as d basis of ur position is laughable.
Its called 'Intelligent Discourse ' f a reason.
#justsaying

Do u know I found out your post has no meaning?......atleast not d meaning I thought u were trying to pass....u described rebels in your silly way and ended d description with 'such as' Boko Haram lol....ure confused nigga...

Again I never said terrorists are same as rebels.....u should try to read and answer comprehension passages.....try New Practical English book 1(yes,d one meant for jss1).....u need to redo d foundation.....well,all I said is the mode of operation of BH is similar to those exhibited by d rebels in Sierra leone and if you actually look closely(dats if u can see anyway) you'll see that BH don't act in full capacity of terrorists,ive never heard of al qaeda kidnapping school girls,never have I heard of them going to villages to steal food,i avnt heard also of them not knowing Governors of States by names......calling lagos state Governor Oshiomole is wat i'm talking about.....so use ur brain man.

Lastly,seems u dont know wat a documentary means?check ur dictionary.....but heck??.....Don't u watch NatGoeWild??......how old are you? what's your educational standing?did u even go past secondary school?.......damn!
Anyways, 'cry freetown' is a documentary by a reporter who was with the soldiers ryt there in Sierra leone...all shootings. and activities on d tape were all live......I rest my case with u indefinitely......u no reach to dey follow talk [/b]

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by fortunejum: 9:46am On Jul 15, 2014
Why are there exposing their secret?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soludo Flags Off New Road Constructions In Awka, Abagana And Obosi / How Obanikoro, Others Airlifted N1.2bn Cash For Fayose – Bank Official / Massive ADC Rally In ONDO KINGDOM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.